Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1045699 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #5720 on: June 26, 2020, 10:12:59 am »
Agree on Neville and his null and void agenda. It was pure spite, but as usual with Neville he was wrong.

I can't be arsed remembering who's said what but some of the attempted agendas since Klopp joined;

He over trains players
His style of play will cause injuries.
He's a cheerleader
He celebrated a draw against West Brom
He loses finals
If he doesn't win anything he should be sacked and fans will want him sacked (this was back in 2018 and 2019 pre June)
He hasn't improved them over Rogers (remember Sky's funny little tables of stats)
He's over rated
He's only won in Germany and that's easy.

I'm sure there's many more.

We've won the European Cup and we've followed it up by winning the league  :wave

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5721 on: June 26, 2020, 03:25:50 pm »
Pundit predictions before season kicked in:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_vFQ9Z7Er_k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_vFQ9Z7Er_k</a>

Doubters everywhere ...
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5722 on: June 26, 2020, 03:52:12 pm »
Ha, just shows how little they know.
Spend big = good, no spending = bad.
Clueless.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5723 on: June 26, 2020, 03:57:45 pm »
Ha, just shows how little they know.
Spend big = good, no spending = bad.
Clueless.

We've got quite a few of those on these boards in the transfer thread...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5724 on: June 27, 2020, 12:26:45 pm »
He's so bad. Spent the entire Saturday pointing out football isn't the same without fans. We get it mate. The two games they had were still enjoyable enough with dramatic endings. I'd sack him if I was a BT boss, supposed to be promoting the brand!
He’s at it again today, the insufferable blert.
AHA!

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #5725 on: June 27, 2020, 01:05:30 pm »
did Glenn Hoddle really just say Wolves have the best system and play the best football in the premier league?  Liverpool winning the league must be really hurting him wonder what he's done to deserve such pain, maybe he was some kind of dirty serial killer in a previous life.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5726 on: June 27, 2020, 01:08:14 pm »
Nah, think he was on about the best team/system using a back three, he’d seen in ages. Forgetting a team he managed won the league three years ago, using three at the back.
AHA!

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #5727 on: June 27, 2020, 01:50:53 pm »
although Hoddle just said if Wolves had converted chances and turned draws to victories ( yeah Glenn but cant anyone say that) they'd be up in the Liverpool position.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5728 on: June 27, 2020, 07:47:36 pm »
I'd forgotten how annoying it is listening to Tyler and Neville, as well as how poor Carragher is as the third pundit with those two.
It made me chuckle when Tyler referred to Everton being the top team of the 80s, they weren't even the top team on Merseyside 🤣🤣🤣
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5729 on: June 27, 2020, 09:59:54 pm »
Jenas giving Maguire the MOTM because he'd just scored.

The man could talk a glass eye to sleep.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5730 on: June 27, 2020, 10:27:45 pm »
Jenas giving Maguire the MOTM because he'd just scored.

The man could talk a glass eye to sleep.

He's awful ins't he, said on the Utd thread too, its painful listening to him stick up for his mates, saying how Lingard is going through a spell but is obviously a quality player. People believe a lot of what comes out of commentators mouths, true or not, but he's fooling no one with that

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #5731 on: June 28, 2020, 06:30:54 pm »
get Micah Richards added to the list, absolute embarrassment every time hes on, tries too hard to prove what a die hard city fan he is.
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5732 on: June 28, 2020, 06:32:47 pm »
get Micah Richards added to the list, absolute embarrassment every time hes on, tries too hard to prove what a die hard city fan he is.

Just laugh at him mate, its all he deserves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5733 on: June 28, 2020, 07:25:47 pm »
Getting to the point where i just muted the half time pundits on BBC to avoid listening to Micah Richards' punditry. Definitely needs adding to the list of people you can vote for as the worst commentator/pundit.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: June 30, 2020, 01:47:41 am »
Danny Murphy making a tit of himself again, the baldy Tory twat

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5735 on: June 30, 2020, 02:02:40 am »
Danny Murphy making a tit of himself again, the baldy Tory twat

He's a massive bell end,the only time he isn't chatting shit is when he's sleeping & even then I bet he's chatting shit in his dream.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5736 on: June 30, 2020, 07:35:03 am »
'Kevin De Bruyne is the best midfielder, probably, in the world, and he’s clapping his hands and giving a guard of honour to players who can’t even lace his boots,”

This is an ex Liverpool player and boyhood fan apparently.

So out of order.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: June 30, 2020, 09:03:19 am »
'Kevin De Bruyne is the best midfielder, probably, in the world, and he’s clapping his hands and giving a guard of honour to players who can’t even lace his boots,”

So out of order.

What a weird thing to say. Why is he so bitter?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5738 on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:35 am »
Extenuating circumstances to be fair, with De Bruyne being so much better than our mugs.

John Terry clapping Dong Fanzhou onto the pitch at Old Trafford in 2007 was fine though. Just two great professionals sharing some mutual respect.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5739 on: June 30, 2020, 09:58:57 am »
Danny Murphy probably went through the same sort of thing when he was being clapped onto the pitch by guys like Mark Pembridge and Gareth Whalley
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: June 30, 2020, 10:06:11 am »
I think it's a load of nonsense!...  Liverpool are the best team, probably in the world, and they're taking shit from an ex-player who, in his prime, couldn't lace their boots.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: June 30, 2020, 10:16:55 am »

So out of order.

I wish Murphy would get the clap.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: June 30, 2020, 10:18:12 am »
Kevin is a one of us, in his heart of hearts he's patting each and everyone one of the lads on their back.  ;D

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5743 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25:50 am »

So out of order.

Bitter because Rafa knew he wasnt good enough for us and sold him. Has been bad mouthing us ever since.

That and he's a baldy tory twat

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5744 on: June 30, 2020, 10:33:41 am »
I think it's a load of nonsense!...  Liverpool are the best team, probably in the world, and they're taking shit from an ex-player who, in his prime, couldn't lace their boots.
Spot on! [emoji106]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5745 on: June 30, 2020, 10:43:12 am »
I posted this in the racism thread, but feel it's worth posting in here too

This has been highlighted on here quite a few times now

Football commentators must address racial 'bias' says PFA
By Laura Scott

BBC Sport

There is "evident bias" in some football commentary relating to the skin tone of players, according to a new study.

In 80 televised games analysed across four European leagues, including the Premier League, players with a lighter skin tone were praised more often for their intelligence and work ethic.

Meanwhile, those with darker skin tones were "significantly" more likely to be "reduced to their physical characteristics or athletic ability", such as their pace and power.

The research, conducted by Danish firm RunRepeat in association with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), concluded that the findings showed "bias from commentators".

"The continuous praise for players with lighter skin tone for their skill level, leadership and cognitive abilities combined with the continuous criticism for players with darker skin tone is likely to influence the perception of the soccer watching public," said the researchers.

PFA equalities executive Jason Lee told BBC Sport: "It was always important to collate information rather than just speaking about the fact we believe there is unconscious bias within sport, and across society really.

"If you're describing two types of players, one is white and one is black, and they are both doing exactly the same thing and yet for the black player you are picking up on the negative side of it and for the white player it's the positive side, what I mean by that is a black player will be perceived as having pace and power and aggression, and a white player will have ingenuity and creativity and determination, different traits, when it could be the reverse."

This research comes amid pressure for the football industry to take clear steps to improving equality of opportunity and eliminating racial bias.

Lee added: "I think it's damaging in the long term because when players leave their playing career and they go into coaching or managing, or want to be seen in a more positive light, people will have already built up this perception because for 10 or 20 years all you've heard of is that person is quick, powerful and aggressive, and you've not heard they are actually intellectual, articulate and [have] a quite different set of skills."

How the research worked
The Racial Bias in Football Commentary study was based on English language live television commentary from 80 games during the 2019-20 season, split evenly between Italy's Serie A, France's Ligue 1, Spain's La Liga and the Premier League.

2,074 statements were analysed, which related to 643 unique players.

Rather than categorise players by race, they were coded according to their skin tone, using the database from the Football Manager 2020 video game.

Players were given a score from one to 20 according to skin tone and then designated as either "players with lighter skin tone" or "players with darker skin tone".

Comments were categorised as being positive or negative, and opinions were analysed rather than statements of fact, which were used as the control group to see if bias was evident.

Key findings
The study found that commentators were "6.59 times more likely to comment on the strength of a player with darker skin tone" and "3.38 times more likely to comment on the speed of a player with darker skin tone" than lighter-skinned players.

In relation to intelligence and work ethic, more than 60% of praise was aimed at players with a lighter skin tone.

There was also certain attributes that were brought up more often for those with darker skin tones, including form.

But the researchers found that "differences are most stark when commentators are discussing physical characteristics/athletic abilities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5746 on: June 30, 2020, 11:08:44 am »
Can Rob have his name changed back to normal please?

It's leaving a big gap between threads when he's the last poster and makes the forum look shite, thanks ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5747 on: June 30, 2020, 11:15:15 am »

It's leaving a big gap between threads when he's the last poster and makes the forum look shite, thanks ;D

Rob’s been making the forum look shite since 2003, I wouldn’t worry about it now.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5748 on: June 30, 2020, 11:17:54 am »
Don’t know who she is, but the woman on SSN at the minute is talking some right shite.

And for once it’s not Sue Smith.
AHA!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5749 on: June 30, 2020, 11:34:27 am »
Rob’s been making the forum look shite since 2003, I wouldn’t worry about it now.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5750 on: June 30, 2020, 11:44:35 am »
I posted this in the racism thread, but feel it's worth posting in here too

This has been highlighted on here quite a few times now

Football commentators must address racial 'bias' says PFA
By Laura Scott

BBC Sport

There is "evident bias" in some football commentary relating to the skin tone of players, according to a new study.

In 80 televised games analysed across four European leagues, including the Premier League, players with a lighter skin tone were praised more often for their intelligence and work ethic.

Meanwhile, those with darker skin tones were "significantly" more likely to be "reduced to their physical characteristics or athletic ability", such as their pace and power.

The research, conducted by Danish firm RunRepeat in association with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), concluded that the findings showed "bias from commentators".

"The continuous praise for players with lighter skin tone for their skill level, leadership and cognitive abilities combined with the continuous criticism for players with darker skin tone is likely to influence the perception of the soccer watching public," said the researchers.

PFA equalities executive Jason Lee told BBC Sport: "It was always important to collate information rather than just speaking about the fact we believe there is unconscious bias within sport, and across society really.

"If you're describing two types of players, one is white and one is black, and they are both doing exactly the same thing and yet for the black player you are picking up on the negative side of it and for the white player it's the positive side, what I mean by that is a black player will be perceived as having pace and power and aggression, and a white player will have ingenuity and creativity and determination, different traits, when it could be the reverse."

This research comes amid pressure for the football industry to take clear steps to improving equality of opportunity and eliminating racial bias.

Lee added: "I think it's damaging in the long term because when players leave their playing career and they go into coaching or managing, or want to be seen in a more positive light, people will have already built up this perception because for 10 or 20 years all you've heard of is that person is quick, powerful and aggressive, and you've not heard they are actually intellectual, articulate and [have] a quite different set of skills."

How the research worked
The Racial Bias in Football Commentary study was based on English language live television commentary from 80 games during the 2019-20 season, split evenly between Italy's Serie A, France's Ligue 1, Spain's La Liga and the Premier League.

2,074 statements were analysed, which related to 643 unique players.

Rather than categorise players by race, they were coded according to their skin tone, using the database from the Football Manager 2020 video game.

Players were given a score from one to 20 according to skin tone and then designated as either "players with lighter skin tone" or "players with darker skin tone".

Comments were categorised as being positive or negative, and opinions were analysed rather than statements of fact, which were used as the control group to see if bias was evident.

Key findings
The study found that commentators were "6.59 times more likely to comment on the strength of a player with darker skin tone" and "3.38 times more likely to comment on the speed of a player with darker skin tone" than lighter-skinned players.

In relation to intelligence and work ethic, more than 60% of praise was aimed at players with a lighter skin tone.

There was also certain attributes that were brought up more often for those with darker skin tones, including form.

But the researchers found that "differences are most stark when commentators are discussing physical characteristics/athletic abilities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508

I saw about this and wonder if it goes much deeper than that. Are the commentators describing the players in those ways because those players have been taught to play in those ways since they were kids due to bias in coaching?

kind of a symptom rather than a cause thing.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5751 on: June 30, 2020, 03:11:05 pm »

Rob name should be changed to 2-4-6-8 Motorway. ;D
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5752 on: June 30, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »
Rob name should be changed to 2-4-6-8 Motorway. ;D

Long Distance Clara (for all you Pigeon Street fans out there).

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: July 1, 2020, 10:46:41 pm »
I always enjoy listening to Ally McCoist. He was brilliant when someone asked him about our title win. He said if anyone wants to put an asterix next to our name, they may aswell put 2 there. 1 to show the title win was different to any other, and the other to remind people just how far ahead and better we are than the rest of the league.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5754 on: July 1, 2020, 11:36:08 pm »

So out of order.

What a vile piece of shit he is
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5755 on: July 2, 2020, 01:32:25 pm »
Can we not get the voting updated for 2020. There are new breed of twats to cast our disdain upon!

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5756 on: July 2, 2020, 01:34:37 pm »
Bravery would be another such example a term only reserved for london based Mingland players such as john terry and scott parker.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5757 on: July 2, 2020, 01:39:26 pm »
Micah Richards needs putting on the list. We're going to have to put up with him tonight aswell.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5758 on: July 2, 2020, 01:43:04 pm »
Can we not get the voting updated for 2020. There are new breed of twats to cast our disdain upon!

Better yet, close this poll and thread, declaring a 'winner' and starting an entirely new poll for this new generation of fuckwitted know-nothing loudmouths.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #5759 on: July 2, 2020, 01:56:05 pm »
I always enjoy listening to Ally McCoist. He was brilliant when someone asked him about our title win. He said if anyone wants to put an asterix next to our name, they may aswell put 2 there. 1 to show the title win was different to any other, and the other to remind people just how far ahead and better we are than the rest of the league.
Ally's a top quality pundit, love listening to him!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.