Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5717846 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Malice Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #60480 on: January 15, 2022, 09:59:39 am »
Is he that good already & can still improve?

I did watch a few mins of a compilation last week & turned it off after seeing him look like over reliant in his left side & actually compared him to a young Andy Carroll before switching off.

He’s superb , Leads the line on his own against an entire defense, brings people into play, and such a calm natural finisher. Physically very imposing and still 21. Doesn’t mean the deal will happen , but he’d be a great signing. Was genuinely worried spurs would sell Kane and sign him.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60481 on: January 15, 2022, 10:08:10 am »
Because city have a million players that cost a billion pounds and suffer no drop in quality when their players are out. Someone mentioned the wider situation.
Carragher and Neville, state everything apart from the obvious.

They actually have a smaller squad than most and clearly haven't had a Covid outbreak.

Why are Arsenal asking for a postponement citing the AFCON as a reason. You loaned two players out? That is bending the 'rules'.

Same as Newcastle when Wilson / Saint Maxim got injured.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60482 on: January 15, 2022, 10:17:50 am »
They actually have a smaller squad than most and clearly haven't had a Covid outbreak.

Why are Arsenal asking for a postponement citing the AFCON as a reason. You loaned two players out? That is bending the 'rules'.

Same as Newcastle when Wilson / Saint Maxim got injured.

The league allowed absentees excluding Covid to be part of the process. We are just following the process
In August we had 4 Covid cases and a tonne of injuries, couldn’t get the game postponed. Just like tomorrow the game was on Sky. Neville and Carras match day bonus shouldn’t be the deciding factor in which games go ahead .

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60483 on: January 15, 2022, 10:19:50 am »
The league allowed absentees excluding Covid to be part of the process. We are just following the process
In August we had 4 Covid cases and a tonne of injuries, couldn’t get the game postponed. Just like tomorrow the game was on Sky. Neville and Carras match day bonus shouldn’t be the deciding factor in which games go ahead .
It's a daft rule. We should have postponed many fixtures last season with our injuries then.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60484 on: January 15, 2022, 10:21:54 am »
The 360° shift by Arsenal fans in the space of a week is hilarious. When it was us, it was because we were "scared" now they are hiding behind the rules.

In reality, they are terrified of facing Spurs lol.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60485 on: January 15, 2022, 10:23:04 am »
The 360° shift by Arsenal fans in the space of a week is hilarious. When it was us, it was because we were "scared" now they are hiding behind the rules.

Think you might mean 180 there, chum.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #60486 on: January 15, 2022, 10:23:29 am »

Your fans spent a week telling us to play the kids and get on with it and are now defending trying to postpone a game because of one Covid case  :lmao

Utterly embarrassing. I don't blame the club for pushing their luck, it's the PL's fault for being too soft and setting themselves up to fail, but my word your fanbase is something else. And it's not just Twitter either. I've seen and heard the full 180 with my own eyes and ears with a couple of friends and a few work colleagues.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #60487 on: January 15, 2022, 10:24:41 am »
Use your youth players, if there isn’t a possible big covid outbreak and it’s down to injuries then look further down the club.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60488 on: January 15, 2022, 10:26:01 am »

You have loaned two players out this week.

You knew the AFCON was happening so can't use that as an excuse.

You have one COVID case.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 10:29:44 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #60489 on: January 15, 2022, 10:26:55 am »

The Spurs game is irrelevant for them. It’s all about saving their legs for next week after playing with 10 men for an hour. Nothing more nothing less. Next week is their World Cup final which was demonstrated by their fans after ridiculously celebrating over the top at Anfield achieving a 0-0. Great result but you’d think they won 3-0.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60490 on: January 15, 2022, 10:29:55 am »
Your fans spent a week telling us to play the kids and get on with it and are now defending trying to postpone a game because of one Covid case  :lmao

Utterly embarrassing. I don't blame the club for pushing their luck, it's the PL's fault for being too soft and setting themselves up to fail, but my word your fanbase is something else. And it's not just Twitter either. I've seen and heard the full 180 with my own eyes and ears with a couple of friends and a few work colleagues.

Now you’re doing the same thing, only wanting your games postponed but no one else’s .

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60491 on: January 15, 2022, 10:31:03 am »
Now you’re doing the same thing, only wanting your games postponed but no one else’s .

Liverpool have not asked for one PL to be cancelled.

Same as last season when we had no CBs.

Arsenal are playing the system and you know it.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60492 on: January 15, 2022, 10:32:15 am »
The Spurs game is irrelevant for them. It’s all about saving their legs for next week after playing with 10 men for an hour. Nothing more nothing less. Next week is their World Cup final which was demonstrated by their fans after ridiculously celebrating over the top at Anfield achieving a 0-0. Great result but you’d think they won 3-0.

Both games are huge, it’ll be good to be rested for Thursday and have more players back when the spurs game happen. If the rules allow you to postpone it would be a dereliction of duty not to ask, given we’ve got half the team out.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60493 on: January 15, 2022, 10:32:44 am »
Liverpool have not asked for one PL to be cancelled.

Same as last season when we had no CBs.

Arsenal are playing the system and you know it.

It matters which competition it’s in ?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60494 on: January 15, 2022, 10:33:08 am »
Both games are huge, it’ll be good to be rested for Thursday and have more players back when the spurs game happen. If the rules allow you to postpone it would be a dereliction of duty not to ask, given we’ve got half the team out.

Why did you loan two players out when you had an injury crisis and players at the AFCON?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60495 on: January 15, 2022, 10:33:49 am »
It matters which competition it’s in ?
For the rules? Yes.

How many players do Arsenal actually have out with covid?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60496 on: January 15, 2022, 10:34:55 am »

It's not the same though, is it, we had to shut down our facilities after a sudden outbreak (that there were false positives is irrelevant, the rules are the rules), your lot have time to train and prepare with U23s if necessary, but are looking for an excuse to rest your best XI. Many of these "injuries" will be cleared up by midweek, we all know it. Tell me, what benefit did Liverpool derive from postponing the first leg?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #60497 on: January 15, 2022, 10:35:42 am »
For the rules? Yes.

How many players do Arsenal actually have out with covid?

Does that have any relevance since Rodgers admitted Leicester didn't have anyone suffering from covid and yet they still got postponements though?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60498 on: January 15, 2022, 10:37:58 am »

Like I said, embarrassing. I didn't want our game called off at all in an ideal world, I'd far rather have the second leg at home. Difference is we had six COVID cases. You have one.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60499 on: January 15, 2022, 10:37:59 am »
Why did you loan two players out when you had an injury crisis and players at the AFCON?

Because they wanted to leave. At that stage we didn’t have Cedric Saka injured Xhaka banned and Odegaard with Covid. Even smith Rowe recovered then got a set back.  You can’t stop players wanting to further their careers on the off chance you might lose a lot of players at the same time. That’s just silly stuff that people use without doing research. It looks like we ll sign 3 players this window. To replace those who we allowed to leave , it’s just the timing of our crisis left us in this situation.
I think it’s 50-50 if it goes ahead or not. But I totally accept the club asking for it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60500 on: January 15, 2022, 10:38:56 am »
Does that have any relevance since Rodgers admitted Leicester didn't have anyone suffering from covid and yet they still got postponements though?
I didn’t realise that.  Personally, yes I think it should matter. These rules are only in place because of covid.  That’s not to say Arsenal are on the make or lying they aren’t, and rules should apply equally to all teams.  But sending player out on loan and then saying you haven’t got enough players is really something
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60501 on: January 15, 2022, 10:40:51 am »
I didn’t realise that.  Personally, yes I think it should matter. These rules are only in place because of covid.  That’s not to say Arsenal are on the make or lying they aren’t, and rules should apply equally to all teams.  But sending player out on loan and then saying you haven’t got enough players is really something

I think COVID and international duty are both fair reasons. Yes teams such as ourselves and Arsenal have time to prepare for AFCON but let's be honest, it's  a complete nonsense that an international tournament is being played during the club season. You can't have three or four extra players on your books just because of AFCON every 2-4 years.

Injuries and suspensions, however, is tough luck. Like many other clubs, Arsenal are pushing their luck here because they know the PL are a soft touch.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #60502 on: January 15, 2022, 10:42:03 am »

I'm sure in the Leicester thread someone posted an interview with him saying that. I mean it's not that I don't agree with your general point but the whole way this has been dealt with has been a mess, just no organisation at all from those at the top of the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60503 on: January 15, 2022, 10:42:44 am »

Maitland niles went out on loan 8 days ago. Before the absences became a big issue. Balogun is a youth team player. No one else gets asked to play their youths.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60504 on: January 15, 2022, 10:43:53 am »
Maitland niles went out on loan 8 days ago. Before the absences became a big issue. Balogun is a youth team player. No one else gets asked to play their youths.

He's 20 and has first-team experience. Hardly an academy kid is he?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60505 on: January 15, 2022, 10:45:06 am »

it is literally what every Arsenal fan told us to do.  :)

And your excuses for loaning players out is bollocks. You left yourself short.

It is tough luck and you should be made to play.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 10:47:30 am by Nick110581 »

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #60506 on: January 15, 2022, 10:49:36 am »
Playing youth while the covid cases are high is a risk, it risks bringing in young players that will then get it and pass it on. Playing youth because you have injuries is what should be expected.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60507 on: January 15, 2022, 10:50:41 am »
Like I said, embarrassing. I didn't want our game called off at all in an ideal world, I'd far rather have the second leg at home. Difference is we had six COVID cases. You have one.
I've personally never heard any Liverpool said wishing for any game to be postponed. We played Spurs without Virgil and our first choice midfield out and didn't use it as an excuse.

Arsenal fans are parodies of themselves.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60508 on: January 15, 2022, 10:51:45 am »
Think you might mean 180 there, chum.
👍

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60509 on: January 15, 2022, 10:55:08 am »

That's why their away end were particularly hostile and unpleasant the other night. They were genuinely fuming the game was called off (even more so after Klopp mentioned false positives, which they're convinced is all a conspiracy). Now they're mocking Spurs for being angry that Arsenal are clearly pulling a fast one while hiding behind the rules.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60510 on: January 15, 2022, 10:59:23 am »
That's why their away end were particularly hostile and unpleasant the other night. They were genuinely fuming the game was called off (even more so after Klopp mentioned false positives, which they're convinced is all a conspiracy). Now they're mocking Spurs for being angry that Arsenal are clearly pulling a fast one while hiding behind the rules.

Lack of success does weird things to fans of big clubs, let's face it we were probably a lot angrier and more annoying in the doldrum years. But they're really taking it to new levels.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60511 on: January 15, 2022, 11:06:07 am »

I don't want any games called off unless it's a last resort (i.e. a severe Covid outbreak).

Leeds had a severe Covid outbreak and had to face Arsenal and City anyway and get humped (and then got their game against us called off). It should have been all or none.

We had to go to Spurs with our first choice midfield all out ill which cost us that game. We've always tried to get games on but deemed it a last resort to put the semi final back a week and lose home advantage in the process. We had no injured players or AFCON back by putting it back a week. Arsenal are exploiting the rule which they're within their rights to do but it's laughable after the shit fit so many Arsenal fans have had over the last week and have now done a 180.

"But what about Leyton Orient?". "But what about Leeds?" who Arsenal were happy to smash all over the park.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60512 on: January 15, 2022, 11:09:45 am »
I don't want any games called off unless it's a last resort (i.e. a severe Covid outbreak).

Leeds had a severe Covid outbreak and had to face Arsenal and City anyway and get humped (and then got their game against us called off). It should have been all or none.

We had to go to Spurs with our first choice midfield all out ill which cost us that game. We've always tried to get games on but deemed it a last resort to put the semi final back a week and lose home advantage in the process. We had no injured players or AFCON back by putting it back a week. Arsenal are exploiting the rule which they're within their rights to do but it's laughable after the shit fit so many Arsenal fans have had over the last week and have now done a 180.

"But what about Leyton Orient?". "But what about Leeds?" who Arsenal were happy to smash all over the park.

Football fans will always be tribal and spout bollocks.

The PL are the ones to blame as the rules are clouded with a lack of transparency from Clubs.

But you simply can't use the AFCON or injuries as an excuse otherwise we could of played that card last season as we had no fit senior CBs.

No other League is in this mess.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60513 on: January 15, 2022, 11:22:51 am »
Football fans will always be tribal and spout bollocks.

The PL are the ones to blame as the rules are clouded with a lack of transparency from Clubs.

But you simply can't use the AFCON or injuries as an excuse otherwise we could of played that card last season as we had no fit senior CBs.

No other League is in this mess.

We're called cheats over 'fake tests' but whatever happened there, injuries are open to abuse. If you can state or show a player has a knock or a strain (even if he'd play through it normally) then it can go down as an injury. 24 hours after a big game most footballers will have strains or knocks.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60514 on: January 15, 2022, 11:32:48 am »
Lack of success does weird things to fans of big clubs, let's face it we were probably a lot angrier and more annoying in the doldrum years. But they're really taking it to new levels.
I disagree. I remember watching Boss Night just after we got 97 points. Our optimism was incredible even going back. That's why they used to taunt us that the next season would be our season.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60515 on: January 15, 2022, 11:48:49 am »
We're called cheats over 'fake tests' but whatever happened there, injuries are open to abuse. If you can state or show a player has a knock or a strain (even if he'd play through it normally) then it can go down as an injury. 24 hours after a big game most footballers will have strains or knocks.

It is easy to manipulate.

You can guarantee Saka is fit to play if they decide to play Thursday.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60516 on: January 15, 2022, 11:59:59 am »
This is amazing!  ;D

I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies than Arsenal fans last week and now their own club are doing exactly the same thing (maybe worse).

You hope they might learn a lesson from this.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60517 on: January 15, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »
it is literally what every Arsenal fan told us to do.  :)

And your excuses for loaning players out is bollocks. You left yourself short.

It is tough luck and you should be made to play.

Why should Arsenal be made to play when everyone else can get games cancelled though?

People talk about the irony of Arsenal fans, but they are football fans, & football fans can flip flop all the time. What shouldn't be double standards is how the rules apply to 1 team and not another.

The league made their own back, Arteta asked for more clarity earlier in the season & everyone called him a cry arse. Arsenal are just trying to take advantage of the same rules that have been applied elsewhere unless I'm mistaken?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:04:03 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60518 on: January 15, 2022, 12:04:53 pm »
Why should Arsenal be made to play when everyone else can get games cancelled though?

People talk about the irony of Arsenal fans, but they are football fans, & football fans can flip flop all the time. What shouldn't be double standards is how the rules apply to 1 team and not another.

The league made their own back, Arteta asked for more clarity earlier in the season & everyone called him a cry arse. Arsenal are just trying to take advantage of the same rules that have been applied elsewhere unless I'm mistaken?
Hypocrites! :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60519 on: January 15, 2022, 12:05:00 pm »

But the rules haven’t been applied consistently.

You are citing the AFCON as a reason yet loaned two players out.