Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5730950 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Malice Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #60680 on: January 17, 2022, 12:02:01 pm »
Arsenal taking the piss with these loans :lmao

Only just saw that Spurs statement from when the game was postponed, fantastic!
What was it? (Im not on social media)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60681 on: January 17, 2022, 12:02:42 pm »
They should honestly be made to forfeit any games they ask to be postponed. Much as I dislike Spurs, they should be given the 3 points from the weekend. To try and twist the rules to your advantage is one thing, but to moan about not having enough players whilst simultaneously getting rid of first team players is quite something else.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60682 on: January 17, 2022, 12:04:00 pm »
Allowing a player to leave on loan after having a game postponed. Lol

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60683 on: January 17, 2022, 12:05:17 pm »
What was it? (Im not on social media)

We regret to announce that Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal has been postponed.

This follows an application from Arsenal to the Premier League on the basis of a combination of COVID, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

We are extremely surprised that this application has been approved.

We ourselves were disqualified from the European Conference League after a significant number of COVID cases meant we needed to reschedule a fixture and our application to move our Leicester fixture was not approved - only for it to be subsequently postponed when Leicester applied.

The original intention of the guidance - here - was to deal with player availability directly affected by COVID cases, resulting in depleted squads that, when taken together with injuries, would result in the club being unable to field a team.

We do not believe it was the intent to deal with player availability unrelated to COVID.

We may now be seeing the unintended consequences of this rule.

It is important to have clarity and consistency on the application of the rule.

Yet again, fans have seen their plans disrupted at unacceptably short notice.

We shall once again send food deliveries to the local food banks to avoid unacceptable waste.

We are sincerely sorry for our fans - some of whom will have travelled great distances.

It was on their official site here

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #60684 on: January 17, 2022, 12:12:04 pm »
From what I can see, they have 4 actual injuries (Tomiyasu, Smith-Rowe, Soares, Kolasinac). Saka and Chambers that played vs us are maybe's and Odegaard has COVID. They then have Pepe, Partay, Elneny and Aubameyang away at AFCON. Xhaka suspended.

With all that, they can put out a good XI and fill the bench with youngsters that have seen first team football.

Even taking into account the injuries, I don't understand why they would be allowed to suspend anything. They have sent 3 players out on loan knowing they will have 4 at AFCON. Is the Premier League basically saying that if you have a team full of players in AFCON, you can suspend all your games until they are back?

I don't even blame Arsenal for this, as others have said the consistency is shocking with Leeds/Leicester and others having games postponed or not. Nobody should have been having postponements unless they had closures to the training ground due to outbreaks.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #60685 on: January 17, 2022, 12:14:21 pm »
We regret to announce that Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal has been postponed.

This follows an application from Arsenal to the Premier League on the basis of a combination of COVID, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

We are extremely surprised that this application has been approved.

We ourselves were disqualified from the European Conference League after a significant number of COVID cases meant we needed to reschedule a fixture and our application to move our Leicester fixture was not approved - only for it to be subsequently postponed when Leicester applied.

The original intention of the guidance - here - was to deal with player availability directly affected by COVID cases, resulting in depleted squads that, when taken together with injuries, would result in the club being unable to field a team.

We do not believe it was the intent to deal with player availability unrelated to COVID.

We may now be seeing the unintended consequences of this rule.

It is important to have clarity and consistency on the application of the rule.

Yet again, fans have seen their plans disrupted at unacceptably short notice.

We shall once again send food deliveries to the local food banks to avoid unacceptable waste.

We are sincerely sorry for our fans - some of whom will have travelled great distances.

It was on their official site here
Thanks. That is pretty much on point. I wonder if it will start a conversation on this, finally?

One of the reasons, I think, that more clubs haven't openly questioned 'the rules' is because they are all aware that they themselves may be able to take advantage of any loopholes, if needed, so why highlight them and risk them being closed?

That's pretty open from Spurs, but it does mean they'll struggle to take advantage of the same loopholes themselves, now, without coming across as massive hypocrites.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60686 on: January 17, 2022, 12:19:38 pm »
No one wants to play us when we are strong. They all want to get gifted 3 points. So sad to see. That’s not what sport should be about.

Offline Decomposing Composer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #60687 on: January 17, 2022, 12:27:58 pm »
I think it just seems strange on the face of it that Arsenal had 16/17 senior players in their league cup squad, then 3 days later they couldn't fulfil a league fixture. And it's obviously plausible that some of those players have contracted covid since. I think the issue boils down to injuries being included and a lack of transparency - because a massive amount of injuries has never in any other circumstances been a reason that teams have been able to choose or heavily influence the movement of a fixture.

It just feels like, and this is directed at multiple teams in the league, not just Arsenal - that some teams have been forced to get on with it despite debilitating losses to the squad (Leeds) and others have manipulated situations or plead with the league knowing they don't have to actually prove their claims (Spurs, Leicester, Man Utd).

Arsenal aren't the only guilty ones, it's the league's fault for creating this situation - the small change of putting a X number on cases and only postponing a game with clear proof that this is the case - as in the league sending independent testing in to measure the cases would clear the issue. But as ever with the Premier League, anything that halts the money train, even if it protects player safety, is an absolute hard NO.

We had 16 senior players available in the game against you. Two of those were goalkeepers. That leaves 14 senior outfield players. Cedric got injured 10 minutes into the match. Saka was clearly struggling at the end, sitting down numerous times before he too had to be subbed. That leaves us with just 12 (11 if you count Xhaka's suspension. Below the minimum 13 outfield players you need before you can request a postponement. Tierney and Chambers picked up knocks which might well rule them out too and a possible second positive covid case.

I do agree with the main point of your post though. They shouldn't have allowed clubs to use injuries or any other absentees as a valid reason to request a postponement. But they have and no doubt clubs have been taking advantage of that. There have been 21 games postponed in the Premier league, how many of those were truly for severe covid outbreaks? And that's the problem, like you said no transparency at all. We are now at the point where if your team has a lot of players out, regardless for what reasons, then it is almost self-sabotage if you don't at least request a postponement. The rules allow you to do it.

Leeds are getting a lot of praise for not having requested their game against West Ham to be called off. I heard they haven't got any covid cases, and without it you don't meet the criteria, hence they had no option but to carry on. Have no idea if this is true or not but if it isn't and they would have had a case for postponement, then I'm sorry but that is stupid. What benefit do you get from bravely putting out severely depleted teams when your rivals are legitimately using the rules to rearrange their games to when they will have more of their players back.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good, is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60688 on: January 17, 2022, 12:29:12 pm »
From what I can see, they have 4 actual injuries (Tomiyasu, Smith-Rowe, Soares, Kolasinac). Saka and Chambers that played vs us are maybe's and Odegaard has COVID. They then have Pepe, Partay, Elneny and Aubameyang away at AFCON. Xhaka suspended.

With all that, they can put out a good XI and fill the bench with youngsters that have seen first team football.

Even taking into account the injuries, I don't understand why they would be allowed to suspend anything. They have sent 3 players out on loan knowing they will have 4 at AFCON. Is the Premier League basically saying that if you have a team full of players in AFCON, you can suspend all your games until they are back?

I don't even blame Arsenal for this, as others have said the consistency is shocking with Leeds/Leicester and others having games postponed or not. Nobody should have been having postponements unless they had closures to the training ground due to outbreaks.

I think Tierney was doubtful and a 2nd player tested positive at the weekend. If all those were to be out, I'll have a go at a team, I've no idea who the other player that's tested positive is.

Ramsdale
White - Holding - Gabriel - Tavares
Lokonga - Patino
Hutchinson - Lacazette - Martinelli
Nketiah

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60689 on: January 17, 2022, 12:31:33 pm »
Why are the Arsenal fans on here defending what they have done ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60690 on: January 17, 2022, 12:33:48 pm »
No one wants to play us when we are strong. They all want to get gifted 3 points. So sad to see. That’s not what sport should be about.

Strong? We can't go back to back to 2002 mate, sorry.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60691 on: January 17, 2022, 12:34:47 pm »
Why are the Arsenal fans on here defending what they have done ?

Because if other teams are doing it, why put yourself at a disadvantage? We only asked for a postponement, we can't demand it, it has to be granted. If they would have said you need to play, then we'd have played. It's not like we outright refused to.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60692 on: January 17, 2022, 12:36:17 pm »
Strong? We can't go back to back to 2002 mate, sorry.

ignore him, he’s trying (and failing) to be funny.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #60693 on: January 17, 2022, 12:42:10 pm »
Because if other teams are doing it, why put yourself at a disadvantage? We only asked for a postponement, we can't demand it, it has to be granted. If they would have said you need to play, then we'd have played. It's not like we outright refused to.

Have other teams loaned players out then used AFCON as an excuse ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60694 on: January 17, 2022, 12:43:38 pm »
I thought Spurs' statement was pretty small time. Reminded me of Joe Anderson writing to the bizzies and like something Everton would do, I don't think Spurs would've made that statement if it wasn't Arsenal and I don't really understand what their game in the Europa Business Houses League has to do with anything?

Arsenal felt they had to request a postponement and that they had cause to do so under the rules, they applied and it was examined and granted. Why is everyone so arsed? It's exactly like the shite that was getting thrown at us the week before last.

We'll still twat them on thursday. All good.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60695 on: January 17, 2022, 12:46:31 pm »
I thought Spurs' statement was pretty small time. Reminded me of Joe Anderson writing to the bizzies and like something Everton would do, I don't think Spurs would've made that statement if it wasn't Arsenal and I don't really understand what their game in the Europa Business Houses League has to do with anything?

Arsenal felt they had to request a postponement and that they had cause to do so under the rules, they applied and it was examined and granted. Why is everyone so arsed? It's exactly like the shite that was getting thrown at us the week before last.

We'll still twat them on thursday. All good.

I suspect a lot of it is for that exact reason, and certain Arsenal posters on here diving in and their club now doing much worse.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60696 on: January 17, 2022, 12:52:03 pm »
Have other teams loaned players out then used AFCON as an excuse ?

Not sure if Leicester have loaned anyone out but was AFCON not cited as a reason for their postponement?

What are the rules, is it not to do with having 13 or 14 fit senior players?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 01:37:19 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60697 on: January 17, 2022, 01:26:25 pm »
I meant your lot trying to get the second leg postponed again.

We're good. We'll play next thursday.

They won’t try and get it postponed because they’ll be aware that any postponement increases the chance of Salah, Mane or both being available.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60698 on: January 17, 2022, 01:36:47 pm »
It’s amazing that games get called off every day and get no coverage. But because it’s Arsenal It’s a bigger story than Benitez losing his job.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60699 on: January 17, 2022, 01:41:09 pm »
It’s amazing that games get called off every day and get no coverage. But because it’s Arsenal It’s a bigger story than Benitez losing his job.

We could open that debate back up and reopen that discussion on here like the thread had when Everton beat us?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60700 on: January 17, 2022, 01:48:52 pm »
We could open that debate back up and reopen that discussion on here like the thread had when Everton beat us?

You mean when everyone on here was scratching their heads in disbelief that Rafa Benitez wasn’t arsenal manager and how he’s the only way we’d be safe from a relegation battle this season. That one  didn’t age too well .

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60701 on: January 17, 2022, 01:55:14 pm »
Shithouse thing to do and Arsenal know it then again in a league that not only allows but encourages sport washing nothing would surprise me. The game really is a sewer these days.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #60702 on: January 17, 2022, 02:40:05 pm »
Think it’s fair game for them to go for the postponement because it’s the league that have fucked up with their rules.

But the absolute fume and hypocrisy from Arsenal fans over the first leg being postponed means they are fair game for having shit thrown back at them now.

That’s all. I’m kinda not arsed either though
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #60703 on: January 17, 2022, 03:07:04 pm »
i couldnt care less what twitter incels get outraged about, the main problem here is the complete ineptitude of the premier league making this shit up as they go along. we've been in this pandemic for ages now and they should have had some solid protocols to deal with players missing, etc.

no one (well.... less people) would be complaining if there was clear criteria and rules in place and they were consistent.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60704 on: January 17, 2022, 03:12:35 pm »
On one level Im not arsed and think it's being a bit overplayed but Arsenal twitter  started all this with the completely over the top reaction to the Liverpool game being called off,  just getting a bit of karma back

I understand the irony, though to be fair as a club our statement regarding the Liverpool postponement was that of understanding. Spurs went off on one, moaning about getting kicked out of Europe.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60705 on: January 17, 2022, 03:13:36 pm »
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the DT from AFTV news that seems to have came out this morning.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60706 on: January 17, 2022, 03:16:34 pm »
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the DT from AFTV news that seems to have came out this morning.

Out of his parents basement?

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #60707 on: January 17, 2022, 03:16:47 pm »

Called off games got no coverage until Arsenal fans kicked off when the 1st leg was called off. I'd suggest that's why there's now such a fuss. Arsenal fans kicked the hornets nest
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #60708 on: January 17, 2022, 03:18:45 pm »

Come on mate, Arsenal started the whole cry arsing when we called our game off.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60709 on: January 17, 2022, 03:18:57 pm »

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60710 on: January 17, 2022, 03:30:10 pm »
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/aftv-regular-handed-increased-prison-sentence-for-violent-stalking-311800?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=FootballJOE&utm_campaign=feed

Fucking psycho. Not hugely surprised though.
Awful story.  I always assumed the slightly unhinged thing was an act but evidently not.

As somebody with no discernible talent who was trading on his name and reputation, he's ruined himself.  Zero sympathy.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60711 on: January 17, 2022, 03:32:58 pm »
Wait his surname is 'Goodenough'?  Amazing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60712 on: January 17, 2022, 03:40:29 pm »
The whole 'sticking people in front of a camera to essentially take the piss out of and market it as Arsenal Fan TV' isn't really looking great for those peoples mental health

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60713 on: January 17, 2022, 03:42:17 pm »
I'm sure Robbie will give his job back when he's out of jail.

DT blowing a gasket at small things on AFTV grows Robbie's personal Rolls Royce fund.

How much money did he make off Claude who had mental issues, having him ranting every week for years.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60714 on: January 17, 2022, 03:43:15 pm »

Always did think he was a bit Dodgy.

No, you fuck off.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60715 on: January 17, 2022, 03:52:27 pm »
Can we lend some of our squad to spurs for a bit, then get the second leg postponed till our boys are back from afcon?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60716 on: January 17, 2022, 03:53:23 pm »

No, you fuck off.

;D
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #60717 on: January 17, 2022, 03:59:14 pm »

No, you fuck off.
Nice  ;D

Always love your topical reference puns, Nicholas.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60718 on: January 17, 2022, 04:08:54 pm »

I just always assumed that DT was his initials..its almost like his name has been autocorrected as a parady to 1 of his Rants... "its not good enough Robbie...."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60719 on: January 17, 2022, 04:12:18 pm »
Aftv have released a statement deploring his behavior. It read like a party political broadcast, not some comedy football channel