Author Topic: Lionel Messi  (Read 919134 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lionel Messi
« Reply #8040 on: July 2, 2018, 01:04:20 pm »
Well better?

You obviously never saw Diego Maradona play football.

With the exception of 1 World Cup and 1kg of cocaine, yeah I'd say he's well better  ;D

Numbers don't lie, his goals to game ratio at elite club-level is matched only by Ronaldo. Scored near double the goals for Argentina than Maradona as well, it's not even as if Messi is just edging it, he's absolutely blowing him out of the water in virtually every department. 

He is a has-been since a few season now.  No desire to play and is happy to enjoy the comfort of a Barca team.

What would be a shame is that he will still be in the top 3 best player award

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8041 on: July 2, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »
A has been with 45 goals this season. Ok.

45 goals with no desire to play !! Definite GOAT credentials

how many would he get with desire???

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8042 on: July 2, 2018, 01:42:57 pm »
He is a has-been since a few season now.  No desire to play and is happy to enjoy the comfort of a Barca team.

I see this thread is still producing good entertainment.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8043 on: July 2, 2018, 01:48:00 pm »
He's hooked a few there :D

Kudos GBF
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8044 on: July 2, 2018, 02:04:55 pm »
Messi, and despite their stick at times, Barcelona hold a special place in my heart. Nothing to do with on the pitch things, but a little story that will always live with me.
Few years back friends of mine were organising a cancer fundraiser for a type of cancer my daughter had and was suffering at the time. She was just over a year old then.
They wrote to several football clubs asking for things to raffle and auction.
Liverpool, Celtic and Barca were particularly generous. Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal didn't reply which is fair enough, they get lots of requests
Barcelona - they sent a hand written letter which I still have, with hats, school equipment, pecncils, rulers, notebooks stationary sets etc, and signed framed photo of Messi which stated it was personally signed.
Whether it was or not I don't know, but if it was genuine, what a brilliant thing to do.
So I class him as my mate now  ;D

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8045 on: July 2, 2018, 02:06:11 pm »
So I class him as my mate now  ;D

Tell yer mate Rawk says he's shite.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8046 on: July 2, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »
Tell yer mate Rawk says he's shite.

hahah he'll be gutted I'm sure, no bigger condemnation that that  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8047 on: July 2, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »

Go get your eyes checked

2015/2016, 41 goals in 49 appearances
2016/2017, 54 goals in 52 appearances
2017/2018, 45 goals in 54 appearances

That's just the last 3 seasons. Has been, still scoring more goals than a fully firing Mo Salah who we all love and adore

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8048 on: July 2, 2018, 06:46:14 pm »
Go get your eyes checked

2015/2016, 41 goals in 49 appearances
2016/2017, 54 goals in 52 appearances
2017/2018, 45 goals in 54 appearances

That's just the last 3 seasons. Has been, still scoring more goals than a fully firing Mo Salah who we all love and adore
All these goals whilst still being one of the very best creators in the world as well. Incredible player, no superlative does him justice.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8049 on: July 2, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »
You can console yourself with your top 3 top troll award, "the trollon d'Or"

Nice!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #8050 on: July 2, 2018, 07:27:56 pm »
With the exception of 1 World Cup and 1kg of cocaine, yeah I'd say he's well better  ;D

Numbers don't lie, his goals to game ratio at elite club-level is matched only by Ronaldo. Scored near double the goals for Argentina than Maradona as well, it's not even as if Messi is just edging it, he's absolutely blowing him out of the water in virtually every department. 

:lmao :lmao :lmao
See how many games Messi would play after the kicking's Maradona got every single game then say he's blowing him out of the water.
There's no denying the fact that he's been the best player on the planet for a while now though  ;)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8051 on: July 3, 2018, 01:52:25 pm »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #8052 on: July 5, 2018, 02:00:38 am »
Messi should have thrown the ball in to the goal against Germany, then he might have a world cup and be called the best player ever.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8053 on: September 29, 2018, 10:25:36 am »
Messi should have thrown the ball in to the goal against Germany, then he might have a world cup and be called the best player ever.

Awww...Someone still upset over that I see. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: December 9, 2018, 11:33:48 am »
Two more ridiculous free kicks last night and another mandatory assist, Still so far ahead of everybody else, it's medically frightening.

5th in the Ballon D'Or.  ;D

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8055 on: December 9, 2018, 11:56:55 am »
He's the best 5th best player in the world ever.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8056 on: December 9, 2018, 11:57:40 am »
Modric would have scored 3 free kicks v Espanyol.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #8057 on: December 10, 2018, 11:08:58 am »
Pah, only 5th best. I don't see what the big deal is. C Ronald, 2nd best, scores free kicks for fun.

And Messi plays for a despicable football team too.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8058 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:17 pm »
A significantly better player, IMO, then CR, absolutely pathetic that he hasn't won the Ballon D'or in a while, yet the preening one has.  One good measure, I feel, of a striker's (for that is what both her and the whining one are nowadays) is their goals against their Expected Goals - in this measure he is streets ahead for the last 3 seasons, showing he makes more impact on the team. 

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #8059 on: December 15, 2018, 12:25:01 am »
A bit different audi for sale, from Audi to Messi to Barcelonas basketball teams Petteri Koponen.
From there for some odd reason, up to auction in Koponens home country Finland.

They do claim they have the papers to prove its history.
For details:Jeremias@laatuautotalo.com

https://huutokaupat.com/1143972

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: December 15, 2018, 12:47:13 am »
A bit different audi for sale, from Audi to Messi to Barcelonas basketball teams Petteri Koponen.
From there for some odd reason, up to auction in Koponens home country Finland.

They do claim they have the papers to prove its history.
For details:Jeremias@laatuautotalo.com

https://huutokaupat.com/1143972

How much would a 4 year old Audi like that sell for normally? What’s the Messi premium on it?

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #8061 on: December 15, 2018, 01:03:25 am »
Yoy can find similiar from autoscout for 35K€ and up, so even in the limited markets in finland, theres 16K for the prestige.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #8062 on: December 16, 2018, 10:27:36 pm »
Just put in a masterclass of a performance against Levante. 3 goals and 2 excellent assists from the 5th :lmao best player in the world.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: December 16, 2018, 10:38:01 pm »
Dalglish, Barnes, Gerrard, Suarez all Liverpool legends but you have to think the best player ever to appear for us exists in our future. I don't think you can say that about Barcelona its hard to see how they could ever have a better player on their team.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8064 on: December 16, 2018, 11:12:01 pm »
Dalglish, Barnes, Gerrard, Suarez all Liverpool legends but you have to think the best player ever to appear for us exists in our future. I don't think you can say that about Barcelona its hard to see how they could ever have a better player on their team.

That’s cos he’s the greatest ever to play football  ;D

Don’t think ours is particularly different, it’d take someone of Messis brilliance himself to be the best to ever appear for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8065 on: December 17, 2018, 06:03:56 am »
He has the look of someone who is the last one at the party, wondering where his friends went.
I've been there, but try being the first one, wondering where your friends went. It's worse.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #8066 on: December 19, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »
And now the Golden Shoe for 2018.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #8067 on: January 13, 2019, 06:42:10 pm »
^ Didn't realise he is the 1st player to win 5 Golden Shoes...

and now...

Only took Messi 434 La Liga games to reach 400 La Liga goals; 400th was today at home vs Eibar on 53 mins - https://streamja.com/wynl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:52:20 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8068 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:35 pm »
Greatest player to have played the game.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8069 on: January 13, 2019, 07:32:50 pm »
Greatest player to have played the game.

Personally think he was finished at the age of 26.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8070 on: January 13, 2019, 07:46:36 pm »
Personally think he was finished at the age of 26.

;D

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8071 on: January 15, 2019, 12:08:37 am »
Really sucks that La Liga isn't on most TV providers here in the States.  The amount of times I laugh or giggle watching Messi play because of how ridiculous it is, I get that from almost no other players.  Salah at times, Suarez in his pomp.  I'm sure those older than me can say Barnes in full flight or something similar.  It's what the sport is all about.  With Youtube it will be off-set some for those in the future that didn't get the chance to see or watch him but it is pretty cool to think that we had that opportunity.

Oh, he's also having his best statistical season in like 5 years without hijacking a teams offense to just shoot over and over.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #8072 on: January 17, 2019, 10:39:22 pm »

After a goal and an assist earlier tonight... (https://streamja.com/b3Oj & https://streamja.com/Z2Mz)

Lionel Messi has been involved in 800 goals in 660 appearances for Barcelona (575 goals and 225 assists)...

https://twitter.com/sc_espn/status/1086016380510576640?s=21

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #8073 on: January 17, 2019, 11:49:56 pm »
Just the 30+ league goals in 7 of the last 9 seasons and almost certain to be 8 in 10 barring injury. 50 league goals in 2011/12  :lmao :lmao :lmao (simply ridiculous) followed up with a measly 46 league goals the following season. A pathetic 17 in 17 this season. Not to mention those assists. But he is short and doesn't pay taxes so fuck him  :P

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8074 on: January 18, 2019, 12:34:55 am »
Has consistently scored 40 goals ore more overall every year for the past decade

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8075 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:31 pm »
Just the 30+ league goals in 7 of the last 9 seasons and almost certain to be 8 in 10 barring injury. 50 league goals in 2011/12  :lmao :lmao :lmao (simply ridiculous) followed up with a measly 46 league goals the following season. A pathetic 17 in 17 this season. Not to mention those assists. But he is short and doesn't pay taxes so fuck him  :P
What a glorious age of football we live in that there have been four players better than him!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8076 on: January 18, 2019, 02:26:21 pm »
The dude is a freak

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8077 on: January 18, 2019, 04:54:46 pm »
Best scorer in the world, best creator in the world and the best at moving the ball forward in the world.  This guys a bozo, not sure what all the fuss is about....

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:57:09 pm by BrandoLFC »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #8078 on: February 23, 2019, 09:42:08 pm »
The best there is, there was, there ever will be
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #8079 on: March 3, 2019, 03:49:29 pm »

After last night's Barcelona win away vs Real... which means Barcelona now lead the head-to-head by 96-95 (for the first time in 87 years)...

'Before Messi's debut, Barcelona had only a 19% win-rate at the Bernabéu, and the head-to-head was 87-66 in Madrid's favour. Between Messi's debut and now, Barcelona have a 55% win-rate at the Bernabéu, and the head-to-head is now 96-95 for Barça.' - https://twitter.com/2010MisterChip/status/1101968688314531840

It's a team game - but that's some change-around.