Author Topic: Villarreal (A) 28th April  (Read 65749 times)

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
Re: Villarreal (A) 28th April
« Reply #640 on: April 30, 2016, 08:28:36 pm »
I was left thinking no wonder the Spanish economy is in a bit of a state. Hardly anything open after a Europa League semi final. Both Villareal and Castellon de la Plana, were pretty much ghost towns after the game.

If id not gone on the Wednesday i would have been even more disappointed.

Some great bits, but more about the company you were with and what you could make from it. So thanks to the lads and lasses who helped make it what it was.

Great to meet Rafa and Thommo together.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: April 30, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
Absolutely shambolic situation after the game -- there were a number of LFC stewards i'd noticed before the game who  should have been directing and giving advice post match- the police naffed off after 50 yards and we were left follow a few supporters to the station 2-3 miles -the 11.35 to Castellon had gone by then. Someone suggested we travel up the road for 1/2 mile where we found a whole line of a dozen empty coaches - finally got on one and arrived in Castellon at around 12.15
we must have reached those coaches about half an hour after you - did see a few stewards on the way down who had no idea where the coaches were - they thought they were at the station.

Offline Lloydy

• Main Stander
« Reply #642 on: April 30, 2016, 09:10:00 pm »
I only got back to JLA at 14:30 this afternoon. Went to Madrid yesterday to catch up with some people. Plane should have took off at 21:00, but around 22:30 we taxied to the end of the runway, but with a foot of water on the tarmac & the sky turning white with electric storms, even me sweat turned brown, we went back to the stand. Sleazyjet put us all up in a 4 star hotel near the airport telling everybody it would not cost a penny, well the mini bar & room service were well & truly raped, just getting them back for all the previous times they have f****d me around. Weather sound today so no hassle, left at midday.

Couldn't agree more with the after match catastrophe, three lads in our hotel stood in the middle of the main road going about of Villareal & basically hijacked a car, they did give the owner 100 euro, if they had waited another 5 minutes, they could have jumped in a taxi, yes they did exist, only costing 11 euro back top the hotel.

Result aside, another good european away trip leaving our mark on the locals.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #643 on: April 30, 2016, 09:24:43 pm »
Flew into Barcelona on Tuesday night, hit a bar up a side street from Las Ramblas until the early hours. A bit of sight seeing the next day before driving to Salou. Had a terrific time in Salou, Shankly's bar and the lads in there made for a good laugh and piss-up. Danny Boy's pub until the early hours was sound too, then onto the Club next door to finish the day off.

Most of matchday afternoon and evening spent in Bar Madrigal, right across the road from the Stadium. Plenty of Reds in there, plenty of singing and much ale consumed! Nice to spend a few hours with Acle again!

Stadium entrance surrounded by masses of riot police, some a bit moody!

A good show of Support for the Reds as usual, how we lost I'm not sure!

A long treck to the coaches which was pure luck that we found. Jumped on a full coach to Casteleon. Then a taxi from a kebab shop to Hotel Bag.

Back to Barcelona on the Friday before having a last Spanish beer before the flight back to Luton.

Another great trip but no idea why Stewards are being sent if the Club aren't telling them jack shit, cos all you ever hear is ' we know as much as you '!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:27:57 pm by matchball »

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #644 on: April 30, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »
Nice of the kebab lad to ring us a taxi. Did feel bad because I didn't fancy food, just bought a can for a Euro.  ;D
Got a taxi back to the other hotel with your mate John, I think.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #645 on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:59 pm »
Nice of the kebab lad to ring us a taxi. Did feel bad because I didn't fancy food, just bought a can for a Euro.  ;D
Got a taxi back to the other hotel with your mate John, I think.

Yes mate, that was us. We only met John for the first time at Luton Airport but he ended up doing most of our driving! The kebab guy rang a few taxis for people.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #646 on: May 1, 2016, 07:03:50 am »
Yeah Gary great to meet up with you and the lads again, whole night was a bit blurred due to early start in Wooky Hollow 2 in Benidorm then the 3 hour coach trip. Met some great lads on the coaches and how Clem manages to get around Europe without disaster is beyond me. No coach ticket but blagged his way on then lost his match ticket, lucky we had a spare!

Got back to Benidorm OK and still in Benidorm.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2016, 07:05:33 am by ACLE »
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #647 on: May 1, 2016, 08:07:59 am »
Enjoy yer long stay in Benidorm pal, I have a feeling that you will be spending an even longer time in Coventry soon  having been sent there by both yer Mrs and the parrot!!!!  :wave
« Last Edit: May 1, 2016, 08:10:43 am by matchball »

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #648 on: May 1, 2016, 10:54:38 am »
Looks can be deceiving. It was a toss up between watching through the thick perspex right at the front and therefore being disconnected from the action on the pitch or doing a meercat impression whenever the action was at our end to try and see under/over/round the wide perspex casing. We went for the meercat option.

Ok thanks, that explains a lot. From where I've sat before and where I was sitting on Thursday, you can't see the perspex. Also explains why everything from that end sounded muted.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #649 on: May 1, 2016, 10:01:44 pm »
Yes mate, that was us. We only met John for the first time at Luton Airport but he ended up doing most of our driving! The kebab guy rang a few taxis for people.
Ah yes he did say, fair play! Did he come back up with you?
We had a great afternoon in Barcelona on Friday before late flight.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #650 on: May 1, 2016, 10:13:29 pm »
Ah yes he did say, fair play! Did he come back up with you?
We had a great afternoon in Barcelona on Friday before late flight.

Same here in Ibiza.