Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12293978 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105400 on: November 1, 2022, 03:12:30 pm »
We've absolutely robbed Celtic for that kid
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105401 on: November 1, 2022, 03:13:40 pm »
3 - 0 Chambers with a great assist from Doak

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105402 on: November 1, 2022, 03:15:01 pm »
Should really give him a go next week against Derby.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105403 on: November 1, 2022, 03:15:31 pm »
He genuinely looks like he could just dribble past their whole team if he fancied, anywhere he picks the ball up he's like 'Yep I've got these on toast, off I go'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105404 on: November 1, 2022, 03:16:06 pm »
Good hit from Chambers,he did well in the build up for Doak's goal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #105405 on: November 1, 2022, 03:16:17 pm »
Great stuff by the young Reds.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105406 on: November 1, 2022, 03:16:36 pm »
Very surprising he hasn’t even made the bench yet while Clark has. I’d say he’s better. Quite a lot better.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105407 on: November 1, 2022, 03:21:13 pm »
4-0.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105408 on: November 1, 2022, 03:22:15 pm »
We gotta be a bit carefull now.They are getting pissed off and kicky.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105409 on: November 1, 2022, 03:25:16 pm »
5-0. This could be anything.  :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105410 on: November 1, 2022, 03:25:29 pm »
 ;D if the kids.....

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105411 on: November 1, 2022, 03:25:47 pm »
Very surprising he hasn’t even made the bench yet while Clark has. I’d say he’s better. Quite a lot better.
There's probably a a few reasons but some players clearly get some promises to sign and once you're around the first team Klopp doesn't really drop them. Doak will be there soon though, no way he signs without promises of being there quickly and his performances deserve it.

Doak's outshone Kone-Doherty a bit but he's done really well this season so far as well.  He'd be getting a lot more shouts for the Derby game without Doak

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #105412 on: November 1, 2022, 03:33:28 pm »

Liverpool U19 [1] - 0 Napoli U19; Koumas goal on 29’ - https://v.redd.it/h00h4dbeqcx91

Liverpool U19 [2] - 0 Napoli U19; Doak goal on 51’ - https://v.redd.it/untnrbq3wcx91

Liverpool U19 [3] - 0 Napoli U19; Chambers goal on 56’ - https://v.redd.it/3y76y5z5xcx91

Liverpool U19 [4] - 0 Napoli U19; Kone-Doherty goal on 63' - https://v.redd.it/q8ezt4s7ycx91

Liverpool U19 [5] - 0 Napoli U19; Kone-Doherty goal on 66' - https://v.redd.it/tmazguksycx91
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105413 on: November 1, 2022, 03:45:09 pm »
20 goals in six group games? Who do we think we are, Napoli?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105414 on: November 1, 2022, 03:49:35 pm »
The guy who just got carded is u -19 ???  Looks 25 at least.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #105415 on: November 1, 2022, 03:51:07 pm »
What a shower of shite these Napoli players are.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105416 on: November 1, 2022, 04:06:25 pm »
Proper fucks me off when commentators say shit like "they have to get used to it" and "it's to be expected".

Why? 

Since when did 16, 17 and 18yr olds need to put up with being kicked, fouled, pulled and dragged all over the pitch just because they're winning.

All this, it's all part of learning the game, fuck off, it's against the laws of the game and should be punished by the officials so the bad losers learn to control themselves.

Well done lads and very well played 👏👏

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105417 on: November 1, 2022, 04:36:11 pm »
Nothing better than being at work, then checking this thread out to see how the kids got on and it's just a bunch of posters all going OMFG DOAK.  Love it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105418 on: November 1, 2022, 04:55:28 pm »
There's probably a a few reasons but some players clearly get some promises to sign and once you're around the first team Klopp doesn't really drop them. Doak will be there soon though, no way he signs without promises of being there quickly and his performances deserve it.

Doak's outshone Kone-Doherty a bit but he's done really well this season so far as well.  He'd be getting a lot more shouts for the Derby game without Doak
He has and he seems to before of a goal scorer than Doak right place right time for a fe wof them but he is banging them in at u18 level and youth CL now. Still very young also only 16 until next summer.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105419 on: November 1, 2022, 05:22:56 pm »

Some really talented youngsters, pleasure to see them develop and getting closer to the first team sqaud

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105420 on: November 1, 2022, 06:57:06 pm »
Doak reminds me of Salah. Does things at a pace most players just cant

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105421 on: November 1, 2022, 07:03:11 pm »
Doak reminds me of Salah. Does things at a pace most players just cant

His two-footedness is a huge asset.  For his goal today he dribbled with his left and then suddenly changed direction to his right, completely did the defender, who would have been trying to keep him on his weaker foot.  Can't do that if you don't know which it is.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105422 on: November 2, 2022, 01:54:29 pm »
Feels like we've got some exciting young talent at the moment, but beyond the obvious who would you put on a list of your most likely to make it here?
Apparently Doak is the word at the moment, otherwise Tyler Morton seems to be doing very well over at Blackburn, after that you still have to have high hopes for Kaide Gordon for when he comes back. But who else would you put on a top 5 players list to make it here?

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #105423 on: November 2, 2022, 03:29:22 pm »
Feels like we've got some exciting young talent at the moment, but beyond the obvious who would you put on a list of your most likely to make it here?
Apparently Doak is the word at the moment, otherwise Tyler Morton seems to be doing very well over at Blackburn, after that you still have to have high hopes for Kaide Gordon for when he comes back. But who else would you put on a top 5 players list to make it here?

I'm not sure if he will make it here, not many do tbf but I like the look of Luke Chambers every time I have caught a youth game.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105424 on: November 2, 2022, 03:38:10 pm »
Kone-Doherty has made a good start hasn't he?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #105425 on: November 2, 2022, 03:52:56 pm »
I'm not sure if he will make it here, not many do tbf but I like the look of Luke Chambers every time I have caught a youth game.

He has something about him for sure. Might need a a loan next season.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105426 on: November 2, 2022, 03:55:47 pm »
... Kaide Gordon ...

I worry with him that he's missed a massive amount of football at a key time of his development.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105427 on: November 2, 2022, 05:24:00 pm »
I worry with him that he's missed a massive amount of football at a key time of his development.

Yeah can’t deny it. It’s a bit unclear his exact injury problems, pelvic issues mentioned and also due his natural development. But he was such a big talent that I without any insight to his injury problems would still give him somewhat favourable odds.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105428 on: November 2, 2022, 05:28:13 pm »

9 goals in 13 games, he’s going under the radar but he looks a big talent also, can dribble pass has pace and intelligence, could see both him and Doak having appearances in the first team, the better versions of Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105429 on: November 3, 2022, 10:30:56 am »
9 goals in 13 games, he’s going under the radar but he looks a big talent also, can dribble pass has pace and intelligence, could see both him and Doak having appearances in the first team, the better versions of Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson.

:shocked

Doak has finally given you closure? :D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105430 on: November 3, 2022, 11:29:13 am »
:shocked

Doak has finally given you closure? :D

It only took 10 years ;D

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105431 on: November 6, 2022, 12:26:48 am »
Doak maybe Salah's long term successor?. How does he compare to Gordon (when he has played...)

Any of the youth CM's banging on the first team door in the future? (Cain/Clarkson/Morton/Balagazi(sorry cant remember how to spell it).

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105432 on: November 6, 2022, 08:09:21 am »
Doak maybe Salah's long term successor?. How does he compare to Gordon (when he has played...)

Any of the youth CM's banging on the first team door in the future? (Cain/Clarkson/Morton/Balagazi(sorry cant remember how to spell it).
I think Gordon was a bit smoother technically, but a lot more one footed, maybe a bit quicker but Doak plays like hell runs himself in to the ground every game and seems to have a bit more snide. I don't think we should plan on either being a long term successor but I think we should be using them as sort of 6th in line for a front 3 and giving them the minutes to see how they do. Both are really exciting prospects. Gordon has already had an impact on first team football and Doak looks like he'd be playing already if he was at a team in the Championship for example.

Mabaya is probably the player I think would most suit a Klopp midfield as an 8, or at least has the most of what we'd want (great athlete, can carry the ball well and seems at least decent pass and defensively) but he's injured and we're converting him to a right back. The problem with midfielders coming through I guess is they aren't mostly elite athletes. Most the number 6's we play are converted from further up the pitch and play there for their passing (going back to Rossiter and Chirivella, Clarkson, Balagizi was tried there, Morton, Pilling now, Onanuga and Laffey seem like that as well) English football rarely plays with that type in that role it seems, but it's really popular amongst academy sides. Haven't seen enough of the latter two in that list to really say on their ability though.

Bajcetic is the odd one in that he's a centre back moving forward and he suits what Klopp would want in that role more. Balagizi is great to watch, great on the ball, but I'd say a level below Jones and not the athlete really that you feel we need in midfield. Morton I think has the issue of as a 6 he's not really suited for what Klopp wants, as an 8 not a good enough athlete. Clarkson and Cain probably not at the level we need. If the standard is Jones or Elliott on the ball but not and outstanding athlete I don't think any are close enough, those two were basically near, if not the best in the age groups coming through though and shows how hard it is to make it given the reactions from our own fans to them.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 08:14:08 am by Chris~ »

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #105433 on: November 6, 2022, 08:16:32 am »
Has a higher ceiling just due to his stature. Doak despite looking amazing is smaller than Podence.  ;D

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105434 on: November 6, 2022, 12:48:05 pm »
I think Gordon was a bit smoother technically, but a lot more one footed, maybe a bit quicker but Doak plays like hell runs himself in to the ground every game and seems to have a bit more snide. I don't think we should plan on either being a long term successor but I think we should be using them as sort of 6th in line for a front 3 and giving them the minutes to see how they do. Both are really exciting prospects. Gordon has already had an impact on first team football and Doak looks like he'd be playing already if he was at a team in the Championship for example.

Mabaya is probably the player I think would most suit a Klopp midfield as an 8, or at least has the most of what we'd want (great athlete, can carry the ball well and seems at least decent pass and defensively) but he's injured and we're converting him to a right back. The problem with midfielders coming through I guess is they aren't mostly elite athletes. Most the number 6's we play are converted from further up the pitch and play there for their passing (going back to Rossiter and Chirivella, Clarkson, Balagizi was tried there, Morton, Pilling now, Onanuga and Laffey seem like that as well) English football rarely plays with that type in that role it seems, but it's really popular amongst academy sides. Haven't seen enough of the latter two in that list to really say on their ability though.

Bajcetic is the odd one in that he's a centre back moving forward and he suits what Klopp would want in that role more. Balagizi is great to watch, great on the ball, but I'd say a level below Jones and not the athlete really that you feel we need in midfield. Morton I think has the issue of as a 6 he's not really suited for what Klopp wants, as an 8 not a good enough athlete. Clarkson and Cain probably not at the level we need. If the standard is Jones or Elliott on the ball but not and outstanding athlete I don't think any are close enough, those two were basically near, if not the best in the age groups coming through though and shows how hard it is to make it given the reactions from our own fans to them.

Good post but you think Gordon is quicker than Doak?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105435 on: November 6, 2022, 03:16:19 pm »
u21s leading Fulham 2-1 after about an hour. Nat Phillips in the team today, reckon he surely comes in against Derby.

Fraudeorf and Quansah scored. Can see Fraudenorf having some involvement in the week as well.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105436 on: November 6, 2022, 06:45:38 pm »
Good post but you think Gordon is quicker than Doak?
Maybe, it's been about 9 months since I last saw Gordon play so hard to remember too clearly!

Online terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #105437 on: November 9, 2022, 06:30:41 pm »
Can’t see any u21 team for the Zagreb game in half an hour. Be interesting to see the line-up given the kids who’ll be playing v Derby.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105438 on: November 9, 2022, 06:39:16 pm »
Found this from Andy Kelly.

Online terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #105439 on: November 9, 2022, 06:42:18 pm »
Found this from Andy Kelly.

Thanks. Musialowski has definitely fallen down the pecking order this past year or so.