Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264839 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105160 on: September 13, 2022, 06:04:52 pm »
Has Kaide Gordon returned yet? Seems to have become a forgotten young man.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #105161 on: September 13, 2022, 06:05:26 pm »
Cannonier just finds the net….

Hopefully he can avoid any serious injuries.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105162 on: September 13, 2022, 06:21:26 pm »
Has Kaide Gordon returned yet? Seems to have become a forgotten young man.

Club being careful with him. Supposedly a pelvic issue.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #105163 on: September 13, 2022, 10:31:59 pm »
You're not going to believe this ... Paul Glatzel pulled a hammy after coming on as a sub for TRFC v Bradford City tonight  ::)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105164 on: September 14, 2022, 12:40:59 am »
You're not going to believe this ... Paul Glatzel pulled a hammy after coming on as a sub for TRFC v Bradford City tonight  ::)

Sadly that is believable,dude cannot catch a break.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #105165 on: September 14, 2022, 01:48:08 am »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105166 on: September 16, 2022, 01:18:31 pm »
 Ranel Young and Bobby Clark called up to the Eng u18 squads, and Chambers, Mabaya, Cannonier and Jonas in U19s.  Harvey Davies and Balagizi in the U20s.  I’m guessing  Koumas is with Wales youth

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #105167 on: September 16, 2022, 06:46:53 pm »
Club being careful with him. Supposedly a pelvic issue.
Yes, I read it was linked to him growing…

Didn’t Gerrard have something similar?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105168 on: September 17, 2022, 11:36:11 am »
Yes, I read it was linked to him growing…

Didn’t Gerrard have something similar?

Back problems if I remember correctly

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105169 on: September 17, 2022, 11:44:17 am »
The 18s are currently 2-1 up against City. Koumas and Kone Doherty after going behind early.

Doak taking the piss again by the sound of things.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:47:36 am by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105170 on: September 17, 2022, 11:49:21 am »
Think City have been a bit better but took out chances

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #105171 on: September 17, 2022, 12:11:58 pm »
Lewis Koumas 3-1 after Ben Doak assist
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105172 on: September 17, 2022, 12:21:26 pm »
Koumas/Doak/Kone Doherty will be an even better watch than than Bobby/Salah/Mane, I'm telling ye!

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Kopite
« Reply #105173 on: September 17, 2022, 12:28:50 pm »
Jaden Heskey (Emile's son) coming on for City
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

• Kopite
« Reply #105174 on: September 17, 2022, 12:42:00 pm »
3-3 with 10-mins left

• Kopite
« Reply #105175 on: September 17, 2022, 12:44:31 pm »
3-4 City

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105176 on: September 17, 2022, 12:46:22 pm »
3-4 City
Was inevitable once we turned it in to an attack Vs defence drill for them

• Kopite
« Reply #105177 on: September 17, 2022, 12:46:25 pm »
mentioned on commentary that 16-year old Ben Doak has been called up to Scotland-U21's matches next week.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105178 on: September 17, 2022, 06:36:25 pm »
So nowt learnt from the Chelsea youth cup defeat then? See u-21's have a few extras in from the firsts squad winning 1-0 at the moment.Course no chance to see this.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #105179 on: September 17, 2022, 11:41:25 pm »
So nowt learnt from the Chelsea youth cup defeat then? See u-21's have a few extras in from the firsts squad winning 1-0 at the moment.Course no chance to see this.

Carvalho, Arthur and Phillips played. 1-0 was the final score.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #105180 on: September 18, 2022, 03:10:30 pm »
I've not followed the youth coming through too closely since the days of Pacheco, de la valle? buchtman, wisdom, Wilson, suso, nemeth etci

For you fella's / ladies who follow it quite closely, who would you regard as our best prospects coming through the club (any age) in terms of players most likely to make it as premier league players?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105181 on: September 20, 2022, 06:57:38 pm »
Wonder why the Liverpool U21 match tonight isn’t on lfc tv.  Very annoying.  Not that we ever win a Papa Johns match

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105182 on: September 21, 2022, 08:27:17 pm »
Luke Chambers scored one and assisted another in England u19s 2-0 win today.  Cannonier came on for a few mins at the end. Mabaya and Jonas were on the bench.   

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105183 on: September 21, 2022, 08:35:56 pm »
Think he'll end up on loan but I think Chambers is good enough to back up Robertson like Williams did for Trent and potentially more

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #105184 on: September 22, 2022, 10:28:12 am »
Interesting piece on Conor Bradley;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62975667

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105185 on: September 22, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »
How are our U21 forwards/wingers doing at the moment?. Anyone else aside from Kaide who flashes anything with ability to play on right or in CM?.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105186 on: September 22, 2022, 02:50:57 pm »
How are our U21 forwards/wingers doing at the moment?. Anyone else aside from Kaide who flashes anything with ability to play on right or in CM?.

Balagizi looks the most interesting prospect, 6ft plus, has a deft touch good dribbling skills and a powerful runner when getting going, if he had more pace he probably would already be in our first team.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #105187 on: September 22, 2022, 02:55:19 pm »
Connor Bradley also doing well on the right for Bolton
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105188 on: September 22, 2022, 02:56:38 pm »
Doak's playing u18s at the moment but will be around the first team soon and plays from the right. Two footed but looks mostly right footed, looks physically ready to play some minutes as well. I'd be surprised if anyone jumps Bajcetic and Clark as midfield options around the first team soon who hasn't already been there/out on loan. Maybe Spearing. Still think Mabaya should be playing there but looks like he's being turned in to a right back option still
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:11:21 pm by Chris~ »

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105189 on: September 22, 2022, 03:32:07 pm »
Ben Doak has just scored for Scotland U21s which at 16 is good going.  Yes, he’s pretty special and plays with maturity

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105190 on: September 22, 2022, 03:58:58 pm »

I just see you meant forwards as opposed to CMs, for me Doak and Kane Doherty look as good as any wingers or wider forwards we’ve seen for the u18s since Sterling. They have it all, will be interesting watching the development of those two and Gordon over the next few years.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105191 on: September 22, 2022, 04:13:33 pm »
So glad we're finally getting in attacking youth prospects who have the speed you need in the modern game.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105192 on: September 22, 2022, 05:22:43 pm »
I just see you meant forwards as opposed to CMs, for me Doak and Kane Doherty look as good as any wingers or wider forwards we’ve seen for the u18s since Sterling. They have it all, will be interesting watching the development of those two and Gordon over the next few years.

The difference for me, and this is not at all a criticism of Kane-Doherty, is that Doak genuinely looks ready to play in Older age groups.  His game sense is good, when to pass, when to run, with and without the ball, and although not tall, he looks capable of passing players or holding them off.  K-D looks lightening fast, has made some great runs off breaks and found the net a few times already for the U18s.  He looks really good in his age group.  But he doesn’t strike me as someone to be fast tracked yet.  Not got a lot to go on, just an impression.  Could be amazing but I think too early to tell.  There again my judgement is a little burnt by speed and strength merchants like Ibe and Ojo, both who could strike a ball like a rocket. 

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105193 on: September 22, 2022, 05:29:39 pm »
The difference for me, and this is not at all a criticism of Kane-Doherty, is that Doak genuinely looks ready to play in Older age groups.  His game sense is good, when to pass, when to run, with and without the ball, and although not tall, he looks capable of passing players or holding them off.  K-D looks lightening fast, has made some great runs off breaks and found the net a few times already for the U18s.  He looks really good in his age group.  But he doesn’t strike me as someone to be fast tracked yet.  Not got a lot to go on, just an impression.  Could be amazing but I think too early to tell.  There again my judgement is a little burnt by speed and strength merchants like Ibe and Ojo, both who could strike a ball like a rocket.

Neither had the mentality or head for top level football but did have the natural talent. Even at youth level they'd drift out the game. You'd watch Sterling around the same time and he'd dominate games at that level.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105194 on: September 22, 2022, 07:53:19 pm »
That sounds exciting. I very vaguely remember watching an u21 match just after he'd arrived, think he was still 15, and he looked as good as anyone else on the pitch if not better. Ridiculous talent at that age (and, tbf, made a decent fist at realising that potential despite being a prick) so if those lads and Gordon are anywhere near and have the right mindset then I'm quite excited for the future - I hardly get to see any youth games these days so rely a lot on this thread and occasional highlights, so cheers all for the info. On a related note, one of my Celtic supporting mates is absolutely gutted we got Doak, reckons he's one of the best they've had in years.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105195 on: September 23, 2022, 02:50:49 pm »
Doak got a few minutes off the bench for Celtic's first team at 16, so you can see why he's highly rated. You can joke about the level of play not being great in Scotland and all but it's a serious achievement anywhere really isn't it. Excited to see how he kicks on. If he had stayed there this could have been a breakout season for him where it's hard not to play him despite his age.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105196 on: September 23, 2022, 05:04:12 pm »
Doak got a few minutes off the bench for Celtic's first team at 16, so you can see why he's highly rated. You can joke about the level of play not being great in Scotland and all but it's a serious achievement anywhere really isn't it. Excited to see how he kicks on. If he had stayed there this could have been a breakout season for him where it's hard not to play him despite his age.

We need to be buying up the best prospects at that age while they're affordable. Between Doak, Ramsey, Bajcetic, Clark, Gordon and Van Der Berg you'd hope to get some first team players, or at least some decent fees if they get sold on (i.e. Hoever, Brewster, Solanke). Hopefully Elliott and Carvalho more of a sure thing as well.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105197 on: October 4, 2022, 08:39:19 am »
Anyone know what time the u19s game kicks off today please? 

There's nothing showing on the lfctv listings so I'm guessing it's on BT.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #105198 on: October 4, 2022, 08:53:20 am »
Anyone know what time the u19s game kicks off today please? 

There's nothing showing on the lfctv listings so I'm guessing it's on BT.

Yeah BT Sport says around 1pm

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #105199 on: October 4, 2022, 09:16:24 am »
1pm today on BT sport
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks