Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5736760 times)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #55520 on: July 1, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »
Don't you have Aubamayang up front?

He's played 75% of the season from the left wing.

Lacazette or Nketiah have been playing through the middle.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55521 on: July 1, 2020, 02:40:50 pm »
Very impressed with how arteta is trying to build a team, from a very unbalanced squad.
Partey would knit so much together , he’d  be a critical addition. I will get excited if that one gets done.
You have needed someone like that for a long time. I thought Xhaka would be the player but he has never kicked on.

I think Arsenal need to focus on centre backs and centre midfield. Then they can look at other areas.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55522 on: July 3, 2020, 07:07:58 pm »
Saka signs, Martinelli signs, Auba looks like he ll sign. Arteta doing the business on and off the field.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55523 on: July 3, 2020, 07:11:39 pm »
Saka signs, Martinelli signs, Auba looks like he ll sign. Arteta doing the business on and off the field.

If Arteta is doing your contract extensions you're in more of a mess than any of us could imagine.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #55524 on: July 3, 2020, 09:56:26 pm »
You need very much those three in particular, although Auba is a stop-gap at this point and may hurt you in the future depending on the length of his contract. Good bit of business, I think.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #55525 on: July 3, 2020, 11:08:44 pm »
If Arteta is doing your contract extensions you're in more of a mess than any of us could imagine.

:lmao

Guess Aubameyang's agent (i.e. father) didn’t get any better offers.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55526 on: July 3, 2020, 11:12:04 pm »
They’re after Fekir I read.

The way they are run, they’d sign him and his knee would explode in his first training session.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55527 on: July 3, 2020, 11:14:41 pm »
You’ve won fewer games than Southampton

He’s not really doin much on the pitch really.

When the going gets tough half your team are checking into Woking pizza express for the evening.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #55528 on: July 3, 2020, 11:24:35 pm »
Tepid: RAWKs visitor liaison :lmao
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55529 on: July 3, 2020, 11:31:19 pm »
Tepid: RAWKs visitor liaison :lmao
;D

I like the north bank.  I quite like Arsenal too.

But ...well... they’re in a mother fucker of a state at the moment
« Last Edit: July 3, 2020, 11:55:26 pm by Tepid T₂O »
W

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55530 on: July 4, 2020, 08:28:33 am »
You’ve won fewer games than Southampton

He’s not really doin much on the pitch really.

When the going gets tough half your team are checking into Woking pizza express for the evening.

You're including Emery's record, and Ljungbergs, with Arteta?

We've come on leaps and bounds under him, and hes keeping the right players, and going after the right players. 

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55531 on: July 4, 2020, 09:08:44 am »
You're including Emery's record, and Ljungbergs, with Arteta?

We've come on leaps and bounds under him, and hes keeping the right players, and going after the right players.

Not really sure that is true. Still dropping waaaay too many points where they shouldn't be.

Agreed on the keeping the right players though (with the exception of Luiz  ;D ). Fantastic work securing Martinelli and Saka. Those two and Auba are about the only players I would take from Arsenal.

A lot of work to be done at Arsenal to get them back where they belong.

EDIT: Looking at your results, you've done better than I thought to be fair (just before the lockdown)... I also had a look at your next 5, I don't see you getting more than 5 points or so from that.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2020, 09:15:01 am by deano2727 »

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55532 on: July 4, 2020, 09:39:37 am »
Not really sure that is true. Still dropping waaaay too many points where they shouldn't be.

Agreed on the keeping the right players though (with the exception of Luiz  ;D ). Fantastic work securing Martinelli and Saka. Those two and Auba are about the only players I would take from Arsenal.

EDIT: Looking at your results, you've done better than I thought to be fair (just before the lockdown)... I also had a look at your next 5, I don't see you getting more than 5 points or so from that.

Our only bad "run" was losing the first 2 games after lock down, any other team that started badly was put down to no football for a 100 days.
We still have a long long way to go, there are gaping holes in the team, but he is trying to address those, if we get Partey, and with highly rated Saliba arriving, plenty to look forward to.

Even this season isnt over yet, very tough game today at Wolves, must win  if we want an outside chance of CL. There's a lot of positivity around the club, and its all down to Arteta.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55533 on: July 4, 2020, 09:53:38 am »

Its strange the perception of Arsenal after losing those 2 games coming back from lockdown. We're actually about top 4 in the form table since Arteta took over (think we are 3rd in the famous Spurs calander year table).

We've been beaten 3 times domestically since he took over. 1 was at home to Chelsea in his first game where we just ran out of steam the last 10 minutes, another losing with basically then last kick of the ball at Brighton, the other was at Man City. He's tightened the defence a little, with the exact same players really. Think we have 6 clean sheets in 14 games, whereas Emery had 10 in 54 or something like that.

Call it a new manager bounce or whatever, but basically he's doing what you would hope that any new manager would do. The next 5 games are tough and will be more tests again, but I still wouldn't judge him too harsh yet because these aren't his players.

The summer will tough, but let's see if we can get the type or players in (& out) he obviously wants and see if we can kick on further.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55534 on: July 4, 2020, 07:23:34 pm »

Have another look and let me know.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #55535 on: July 4, 2020, 07:28:08 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #55536 on: July 4, 2020, 11:36:51 pm »
Arteta looks a good choice to be fair, but I doubt he will be backed as needed to build something.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55537 on: July 5, 2020, 02:32:07 am »
So annoyed that they decided to win today. Wanted wolves to keep pace with the Brunos

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #55538 on: July 7, 2020, 03:09:23 am »
Ornstein saying Guendouzi has been training on his own for the past two weeks. Sounds like it's a Sakho type situation and everyone involved is fed up with his attitude.  Guendouzi also had similar problems at Lorient. Arsenal will seek to sell/swap him in the window

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55539 on: July 7, 2020, 03:12:06 am »
He’s gotta cut the hair. It’s cutting off oxygen to his brain or something. He’s not good enough to be this petulant at such a young age.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55540 on: July 7, 2020, 09:11:02 am »
Arteta doing the managerial staple of shooting the frailest husky dog in front of the rest of the pack.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55541 on: July 7, 2020, 10:13:04 am »
Think this has been an ongoing issue with a few incidents over the past few months. If true, and he's been undermining the manager somewhat, makes sense to get rid considering he's one of the players that actually might have some value in the market, & the manager doesn't see him as integral to what he wants to do going forward.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55542 on: July 7, 2020, 10:16:23 am »
Have another look and let me know.

Spurs and ourselves will beat you I reckon. Don't see you beating Leicester (let's say a draw), and the other game I accounted for was the FA cup game as I forgot it was the FA cup.. But City are trouncing your lot in that.

Improving for sure though. Still a couple of years of competing, all things going well.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 10:18:46 am by deano2727 »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #55543 on: July 9, 2020, 01:28:02 pm »
How is AFTV free?

Those watchalongs are fucking hilarious.

Ty is bordering on creepy now though.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #55544 on: July 9, 2020, 01:53:16 pm »
Makes me laugh how they all turn to Robbie to have a pop at what they’re seeing, like he’s got the power to change it.

I worry about Claude, he’s looking more I’ll by the week.
AHA!

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #55545 on: July 9, 2020, 05:20:30 pm »
Bit cheeky to appeal the Nketiah red card - it could have been a leg breaker!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55546 on: July 9, 2020, 06:25:58 pm »
Bit cheeky to appeal the Nketiah red card - it could have been a leg breaker!
Lucky not to get it increased for a frivolous  appeal to be honest

Absurd
W

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55547 on: July 9, 2020, 07:32:54 pm »
Arteta's way of backing his players, lad knows what hes doing.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #55548 on: July 12, 2020, 06:43:56 pm »
Well, its a good thing they sorted out their defense with contracts for Luiz and the other 2 guys, otherwise next year would have been looking rough...
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55549 on: July 12, 2020, 06:48:37 pm »
Kolasinac with a game-changing error, but Mustafi might take the cake for just dreadful defending throughout.

Getting beat by Kane in pace and power one moment as he's brushed off with ease.  Then later, giving the ball away with ease and then trying some strange flying block nowhere near the ball as Kane flies past him in the box again.

Our record at the Emirates isn't good, but if Arsenal defend like this...
King Kenny.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55550 on: July 12, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
Kolasinac with a game-changing error, but Mustafi might take the cake for just dreadful defending throughout.

Getting beat by Kane in pace and power one moment as he's brushed off with ease.  Then later, giving the ball away with ease and then trying some strange flying block nowhere near the ball as Kane flies past him in the box again.

Our record at the Emirates isn't good, but if Arsenal defend like this...

Don't think it's any surprise to anyone that we are weak in defence just now. He's changed to a 3 to paper over cracks slightly, but at the end of the day it's still the same personnel. Until that actually changes, mistakes will still happen.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #55551 on: July 12, 2020, 07:38:58 pm »
long way back to the top of the table for these and spurs now I think,  I fully believe their Derby battles will just be all about bragging rights as they will both me (upper) mid table dross, nothing to fight for , bar the odd cup run to Wembley. 
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55552 on: July 12, 2020, 07:59:43 pm »
long way back to the top of the table for these and spurs now I think,  I fully believe their Derby battles will just be all about bragging rights as they will both me (upper) mid table dross, nothing to fight for , bar the odd cup run to Wembley.

Don't think we need to concern ourselves with the very top of the table for the time being, but we should be certainly targeting  getting in and around the top 4 next season, and I see no reason why we shouldn't.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55553 on: July 12, 2020, 08:02:20 pm »
Don't think we need to concern ourselves with the very top of the table for the time being, but we should be certainly targeting  getting in and around the top 4 next season, and I see no reason why we shouldn't.
thats kind of what I meant mate, every season out of Europe is going to hurt you.  Really don't see Arteta as the answer whatsoever, long long way back if there is one for the gunners mate sadly.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55554 on: July 12, 2020, 08:03:27 pm »
a friendly bet for next season  Arsenal don't get the top 6.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55555 on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:13 pm »
thats kind of what I meant mate, every season out of Europe is going to hurt you.  Really don't see Arteta as the answer whatsoever, long long way back if there is one for the gunners mate sadly.

All depends on what we are able to do in the summer for me. Can we get another central defender in that's better than what we have to go along with Saliba (some might say that shouldn't be too hard).
Can we get a more mobile, athletic, powerful midfielder to give us a better balance in midfield?

If we can get those things as a minimum, I think we'll do ok, and should challenge for 4th to 6th. If we don't, then yes, I think we will be from 6th to 8th as we will see the same mistakes happening from the same defenders at crucial times that cost of crucial points in the big games especially.

So for that reason.....

a friendly bet for next season  Arsenal don't get the top 6.

...... Come back to me in September lol.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55556 on: July 12, 2020, 09:21:42 pm »
Playing 3 at the back takes too much away from our attacking game, we need a central midfielder and 2 good center backs for next season. Could be Sokratis with Saliba and Partey, I'd settle for that moving forward.
We threw it away today, but now the league season is over I hope we rest up against Liverpool in midweek to give our  players a chance against Man city in the cup semi final on Saturday, the midweek game means nothing at all and it would be stupid to waste our energy chasing Liverpool around then play Man city 3 days later.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #55557 on: July 13, 2020, 01:27:39 am »

:lmao

Terry Flewers         @terryflewers
DT’s reaction to Tottenham scoring, trust me you want to watch it!
@AFTV #TOTARS #NLD @MrDtAFC

https://www.twitter.com/terryflewers/status/1282349155680124928

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55558 on: July 13, 2020, 01:32:00 am »
Holy shit that had me in stitches

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55559 on: July 13, 2020, 05:01:03 am »
I dont think its much of a jump to the top 4. Looking at Chelsea and Leciester this week, they are nowhere near excellent sides. Spurs are bang average and had to park the bus against us with all our problems. Only United seem to have stepped up but everyone is still miles behind the top 2. There isnt much quality beyond LFC and city so any team that goes on a run can get to CL, especially if City's 2 season ban gets upheld.
We do need players, but if we get them, the top 4 look nothing like the closed shop it was a few years ago.