Author Topic: Centenary Stand "Upgrade"  (Read 76256 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Centenary Stand "Upgrade"
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:24:05 pm »
I had a nose around one of the lounges in the Centenary Stand last night - the Champions Suite on the second floor. Oh my God!!!!  >:(

It looks like an American Diner! It has fitted seating round the edge in red and grey, then small square tables with two seats at each, or tables in pairs - just think KFC!! Like this with more grey in it and less space between the tables - oh and no USA flags so far!:

There are a couple of tables in a section slightly back in, with panelling each side, also in red and grey. And round one of the pillars there is a multi-shelf unit - used for serving desserts apparently - until someone walks into one of the corners and hurts themselves! The TVs are round the pillars which is ok.

It was only finished in the last couple of days so hasn't been used yet. It's probably ok for match-day hospitality which is no doubt where they make most of their money, but we used to use it for events and it's no longer suitable for that. We have wheelchair users and there wouldn't be room for them to get through. They have really packed the tables in - they had number on each and there were over 100 - but it looks cheap IMO. ::) But hey, money is the key, so they're happy!  They should rename it the Ronald McDonald Lounge, the state of it!!

(The Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley Happy Meal Boxes were an interesting take, but the King Kenny free figurines might be a collectors' item! ;) )

The only good thing was a Champions Wall at one end which listed on our trophies - white with gold on. But it's at the far end of the lounge so some won't even realise it's there!  Sorry, didn't have my phone on me to take any pictures.

Also, outside by the lifts they have decorated the wall so it makes your eyes go a bit funny. Along the corridor to the European Suite which I didn't go into but the steward said it's similar, is a "Route to Istanbul" display - not even sure what to call it - just lots of dots stuck on the wall, red on white. Some have names on though and I wondered why. The stewards reckoned they were random - apart from Ged Poynton - but they aren't!! Two of the ones I noticed are rawkites for a start - Jonathan Hall and Jon-Paul Hill! Most are foreign so I wondered if people had paid to have their names included. But most have been stuck on crooked and a couple repeated - which says a lot about our club these days - so it looks pretty poor!! I assume they will sell the opportunity to have your name added at some point, replacing the plain red ones on there at the moment???

I'd be interested in what others know or think about it if you go in!

The No 7 Lounge is still quite tasteful on the Ground Floor, and I don't think the Reds Bar has changed but if that's an upgrade, well....  :-X
We are a team of one half.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re: Centenary Stand "Upgrade"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »
Interesting, even more so with my name appearing there without my permission...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »
Interesting, even more so with my name appearing there without my permission...
How much did you pay ;D

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:00:42 pm »
More to the point, how much should they pay me.

Wonder who i can ask at the club for why my name appears?

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »
Yeah saw this too last night. Low point was the fries boxes with Paisley on one side and Shankly on the other. Fucking sacrilege.
I blame Hally. ;D
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »
I said that last night!!! I said I didn't think either you or JP were the sort to buy a name badge on  a tacky walll!! (From what I know of you!/I know JP from when we went to Marseilles}

The steward said he thought the names were random but I said whilst yours might be relatively common some def weren't! A lot were foreign and unpronounceable  I though maybe they had applied though I hasn't seen anything about it

You want me to find out more??? Doubt if JP knows - shame you can't tag people like on FB! :D

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:25 pm »
I put the article up on my facebook. I'll tag JP in it.

Could do with finding out, see how much they owe me ;)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:20:26 pm »
I want to see what he says. you're getting a friend request!!! :D Don't blame you!!!

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: September 9, 2014, 10:16:43 am »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170410-reds-continue-to-invest-in-anfield

Liverpool Football Club is continuing its investment in Anfield and has made a number of improvements during the close season.
The wide range of improvement work, which will benefit all supporters visiting Anfield this season includes; refurbishment to the Champions and European lounges, expansion of the LFC Family Park with new catering and bar units added, additional ladies toilets, 11 additional wheelchair spaces in the Kop along with a 'changing places' toilet facility located nearby, which is one of only two facilities available in a Premier League stadium.

Andrew Parkinson, operations director at Liverpool FC, said: "In preparation of the new season, we have made a significant number of improvements to Anfield - many more than we have ever done previously.
"Making Anfield a better place to visit is very important and something which the club is committed to by its continued investment in and development of the stadium.
"As well as the noticeable improvements, a lot of upgrading work has also taken place across the stadium that may not be as obvious to our fans such as developing the stadium floodlights in line with new Premier League guidelines, which will enhance the viewing experience for fans,"

Jeanette Dodd, Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee Disabled Supporters' representative, added: "These new improvements will make a considerable difference to fans visiting Anfield, particularly our disabled fan base.

"In response to several requests for a 'changing places' toilet facility, consultations took place with the club over many months, so I am pleased that LFC is able to offer this much-needed facility."

The Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association, which is one of the largest football disabled supporters associations in the world, also consulted with the club alongside the LFC SC on the improvements for disabled fans.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:48:26 am »
My opinion I realise.........but that design just SUCKS! The Champions Wall looks like it was done by a primary school student using a Letraset, and as for the 'Here we go gathering cups in May' wall.......dear Fowler! What were they thinking?
Ł75 million for Suarez and they can't even be bothered to pay a couple of thousand for a 1/2 decent interior designer!!!!
Morecambe F.C. (with all due respect) would be embarrassed with this!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:30:09 pm »
If that's an improvement, I dread to think what it looked like before !

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 09:38:12 pm »
That's an absolute disgrace!!!! And the rest of it looks like a school canteen! !!

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:32 pm »
I suppose some folks just like getting upset about everything.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »
The closed down sports cafe a few doors down from the HJC shop looked better than that. Is that really an exec suite and not the staff canteen?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »
Yep and they said they had a lot of complaints!! :D ::)

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »
Good god someones actually been paid to design it !  Looks like a staff canteen . Never been in any of the lounges but hope there better than that .

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »
Are they not planning on us winning any more trophies?! Where will our sixth EC go on that Champions Wall? :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »
"Do you all want fries with thaaaat?"

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 11:55:28 pm »
What type of hospitality experience are you looking for? *

Club Level (Approx. Ł2500-4000 per person)
     Carvery (Approx. Ł4000-6000 per person)
     Formal Dining (Approx. Ł6000-10000 per person)
     Fine Dining (Approx. Ł10000+ per person)

http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/contact-forms/hospitality-seasonal-packages
This is for the main stand extension.
So which level is this fine looking eating place?

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #19 on: January 1, 2015, 08:38:58 am »
Looks like billy butlin designed it
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »
Does anybody know if the dressing rooms and facilities will be upgraded. I read somewhere that uefa have a minimum standard. If so, any details?
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 12:03:21 pm »
Does anybody know if the dressing rooms and facilities will be upgraded. I read somewhere that uefa have a minimum standard. If so, any details?

Wrong thread for the question, as this is about the Centenary and not the main.

But yeah, all the changing rooms and associated player areas are being upgraded.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 12:54:04 am »
WRONG THREAD, HANG HIM

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »
In the Upper Centenary for Blackburn and my Dad struggles with stairs nowadays.

Its been 20 years? since I've been up there!  Are there many stairs? If so is there a lift?

Thanks!

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 08:16:47 pm »
In the Upper Centenary for Blackburn and my Dad struggles with stairs nowadays.

Its been 20 years? since I've been up there!  Are there many stairs? If so is there a lift?

Thanks!
Yeah you can get a lift in the reception area
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:34 pm »
Yeah you can get a lift in the reception area

Ta -  he doesn't know we are in the Gods yet.

Your info should keep him happy!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 08:32:12 pm »
Ta -  he doesn't know we are in the Gods yet.

Your info should keep him happy!

What row you on in the upper?

The stairs from the ground up must be about 7 flights but as Annieroader said think you can use a lift if you'd struggle with them. The ones from the concourse up to the seats are pretty steep if you're not used to them.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 06:21:32 am »
What row you on in the upper?

The stairs from the ground up must be about 7 flights but as Annieroader said think you can use a lift if you'd struggle with them. The ones from the concourse up to the seats are pretty steep if you're not used to them.

Row 15.
7 flights!  We (hopefully) won't be climbing them.

I assume we can get the lift back down after if we are patient?  He finds it harder going down than up.

I remember the seats being at a "modern" angle - a bit vertigo inducing but offers a good view of the pitch

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 09:44:03 am »
Row 15 gives a great view IMO.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 04:46:26 am »
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here goes..........

I left Liverpool in late 80's and this was when I used to stand on the Kop, and the Centenary stand was known as the Kemlyn Road stand.
Can some one tell me......when it was changed to the Centenary, did they just extend a little or were the seats completely re-modeled and modernised?
I'm asking because of all the talk on the main stand forum regarding premium seats etc. I'm wondering how the 2 will compare.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 06:31:10 am »
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here goes..........

I left Liverpool in late 80's and this was when I used to stand on the Kop, and the Centenary stand was known as the Kemlyn Road stand.
Can some one tell me......when it was changed to the Centenary, did they just extend a little or were the seats completely re-modeled and modernised?
I'm asking because of all the talk on the main stand forum regarding premium seats etc. I'm wondering how the 2 will compare.

I think I'm right in saying it was similar to the way the new Main stand is being built in that the Centenary was constructed behind the Kemlyn and then joined together so the part of the original stand forms the lower tier (obviously with a renovated interior for modernisation).

Correct me if I'm wrong please someone!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:34:06 am by Garry_LFC »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 07:45:56 am »
I think it was 92 when it went to 2 tiers during our er ... Centenary.

Offline Lolo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 08:32:42 am »
I think it was 92 when it went to 2 tiers during our er ... Centenary.

Yes I realise, but I was curious if the seating of the 'Kemlyn' part was left as-was, or was it ALL upgraded and modernised.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:21 am »
All the multi-coloured blocks of seats were changed to all red then I remember.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 09:44:20 am »
Seats were left as they were (other than being all red), which is why people complain so much about the lack of room down there.

Concourse areas were done up somewhat IIRC.

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 10:07:37 am »
Seats were left as they were (other than being all red), which is why people complain so much about the lack of room down there.

I think they reprofiled it in 1995 to add extra aisles and stairways,so there are less seats there than was in its original form but the tread depths remained the same.

Offline Lolo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 03:14:14 am »

I think they reprofiled it in 1995 to add extra aisles and stairways,so there are less seats there than was in its original form but the tread depths remained the same.

Thanks for the update.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 10:00:14 pm »
I'm 5ft 9 and can barely fit in my Kemlyn seat.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 10:09:45 pm »
I'm 5ft 9 and can barely fit in my Kemlyn seat.

are you lying down on it

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 10:12:21 pm »
are you lying down on it

Strangely, no. Legroom if you've ever sat in there is atrocious.