Author Topic: Owen's Brochure impresses Ferguson  (Read 205448 times)

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The Michael Owen 32-page brochure
« Reply #520 on: July 3, 2009, 12:15:34 am »
See you say he won't score, many say he will. Who's right, we just don't know until May 010 i hope to fuck he's a flop and fucks them of course i just personally cant see it.

Why can't you see him being a flop? He hasn't had a proper season in his last 5.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #521 on: July 3, 2009, 12:16:04 am »
How do you even know that United have a better physio??

Are you saying that all of the physios at Liverpool, Real and Newcastle couldn't get him fit, but the one at United will?? What are you basing this on?

Guess work. Don't bash me just an opinion. He will play half there games but he is a poacher an i reckon will get the goals.

Offline Linton

• Kopite
« Reply #522 on: July 3, 2009, 12:17:21 am »
me too all these people saying oh he will score loads for them he won't get chance to as he will be injured more than play you can bet on it

Im sure Michael will bet on that.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #523 on: July 3, 2009, 12:17:48 am »
Even if he is fit, I doubt he'd play half of United's games this season. He certainly won't start half.

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: July 3, 2009, 12:18:02 am »
Why can't you see him being a flop? He hasn't had a proper season in his last 5.

No reason at all as i say guess work, i can just see him poaching a fair few goals for them and i reckon they can keep him fitter/motivated than at Barcodes not bacing him up i don't support united etc i just think he will do "ok" for them.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: July 3, 2009, 12:19:45 am »
Im sure Michael will bet on that.

If I remember correctly, Michael's history of gambling isn't too great...

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #526 on: July 3, 2009, 12:20:06 am »
Anyone else think Fergie is doing this just to piss us off, start of the mid games already  :wanker
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #527 on: July 3, 2009, 12:20:40 am »
See you say he won't score, many say he will. Who's right, we just don't know until May 010 i hope to fuck he's a flop and fucks them of course i just personally cant see it.

not saying he wont score am saying he will flop as he has been injury ravaged for the past few years now he won't suddenly become the player he years ago
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 12:22:15 am by lfc_col »
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: July 3, 2009, 12:21:49 am »
Anyone else think Mr Alex Ferguson is doing this just to piss us off, start of the mid games already  :wanker

Probably mate, it wouldn't piss me off though, the man can't get any lower in my opinion.

Obviously it will piss alot of other people off though.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 3, 2009, 12:22:02 am »
owen was a poacher? i always thought most of his goals came from his speed and the ability to get away from his marker, thats why as he got older and his knees went the goals started drying up

8 pl goals in 27 apps last season
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 12:23:57 am by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: July 3, 2009, 12:24:07 am »
owen was a poacher? i always thought most of his goals came from his speed and the ability to get away from his marker, thats why as he got older and his knees went the goals started drying up

Who claimed he was a poacher, bizzare.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #531 on: July 3, 2009, 12:25:06 am »
Anyone else think Mr Alex Ferguson is doing this just to piss us off, start of the mid games already  :wanker

Think he's just taking a punt for the sake of it. Hasn't got a bad squad so having him to see if he's still got it cant be that bad. Doubt he'll demand high wages.

Really though, Fergie just got convinced that the brochure didn't he? 32 pages of amazingness.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #532 on: July 3, 2009, 12:28:22 am »
What annoys me, are the people who are outraged and disgusted at the prospect of him returning to Anfield, but are also calling him a "judas" and hitting out at the thought of him possibly joining United. What the fuck do you want him to do? Move to Hull or Stoke and get relegated again, whilst you sit on your high-horse and laugh about "how the mighty have fallen" and how it was all downhill for him after he left Liverpool? Wise the fuck up. At the end of the day, the man is a professional footballer. Do you honestly think he's going to turn down the opportunity to play for the best team in the country and instead, sign for a smaller club? Why would he? Why should he? To appease a bunch of Scousers who have done nothing but slate him since he left the club, and booed him on each return to the City?

He saved us from mid-table mediocrity on one or two occasions, at a time when we were a laughing stock to most other Premier League clubs. He was a massive part of the success we enjoyed and craved under GH, and although could have went about his exit a bit better, was still a big part of this football club in the past 15 years.

He is a born goalscorer, and as long as he stays fit, he will score goals no matter where he plays. His time with Newcastle will always go down as unsuccessful, and rightly so, but in an injury-plagued spell, he still managed a better goalscoring rate of 1 in 3. His career record to date, is 200 goals in 416 games - that's almost a 1 in 2 ratio. I cannot believe, for the good of this team and our quest for no.19, people would turn their noses up at signing a player (on a free transfer) who has a goalscoring record that good as second, third or fourth choice striker.

I would be gutted if he ended up signing for United - not just because of his links with this club, but because they're getting a proven goalscorer for nothing. I don't doubt for a second, that if he goes to United and stays relatively fit, he'll end up banging them in by the bucket load. And if he's sitting with a Premier League or European Cup winners' medal come May, will it be so "funny" then?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 12:31:49 am by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #533 on: July 3, 2009, 12:29:10 am »
:lmao

For ages, the mancs I knew took the piss out of me about owen injuries, his "super soccer skills" dvd, the way he shat on us. Then I've listened to them laugh and laugh at owen at Newcastle, carrying on about how shit he is, how he'll never  be fit and has lost all his pace and with it most of his danger to the opposition, and how he's a gambling, horse loving twat. Now he'll sign for them? I can hear it now. That Mikey, he's still top class always said it.

Owen's a money grabbing, ingurland's number 1 c*nt. Seems only fitting he should play at Mos Eisley under possibly the biggest c*nt in british football, with his shrek faced, granny shagging mate and lazy the twat as striking partners. I can honestly say, that if you do sign there michael, you better be ready when you come to anfield, because the mood towards you will change from dislike to utter despising of you.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #534 on: July 3, 2009, 12:30:35 am »
Didn't no that mate, 15 prem goals is a lot and a decent haul for a crock.

Whoops, checked up and he scored 8 last season (2008/2009) and 11 in 2007/2008. Just in the premier league this.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: July 3, 2009, 12:31:38 am »
What annoys me, are the people who are outraged and disgusted at the prospect of him returning to Anfield, but are also calling him a "judas" and hitting out at the thought of him possibly joining United. What the fuck do you want him to do? Move to Hull or Stoke and get relegated again

i believe Everton, the club he supported since a little boy, were very interested in him

but guess he feels the rivalry between LFC and Everton is too strong but maybe the move to utd would be less hurtful for his old fans at LFC.  ;D
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #536 on: July 3, 2009, 12:32:52 am »

Ciara that's a great fishing expedition, you nearly had me there, nice one ^^^

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: July 3, 2009, 12:33:34 am »
i believe Everton, the club he supported since a little boy, were very interested in him

but guess he feels the rivalry between LFC and Everton is too strong but maybe the move to utd would be less hurtful for his old fans at LFC.  ;D

Maybe he thinks, "The Premier League Champions want me - maybe I'll sign for them?".

Just a thought, like!

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #538 on: July 3, 2009, 12:35:08 am »

Maybe he thinks, "The Premier League Champions want me - maybe I'll sign for them?".

Just a thought, like!

£££££££££££££££ more like
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: July 3, 2009, 12:36:13 am »

Growing up as a Liverpool fan in the 90's was ridiculously hard. The one thing I have learned over that period, is that you never, ever right those fucking c*nts off. And it was a fucking hard lesson to learn.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: July 3, 2009, 12:36:56 am »
Little greedy, selfish, Welsh midget, c*nt. Always has been. Never liked him, but supported him when he played for us. My missus, who doesn't swear much has just said "well he's just a big twat if he goes there" and trust me, that says a lot about how badly he's doing this time. The thing is, the little teflon coated fucker will just let everything said about him slide off. Obviously I care more about us winning trophies than them not winning anything, but I hope they get knocked out of the Carling Cup by Hull and lose the FA Cup and Champions League finals to us so the horrible little twat has to watch us picking the trophy up while he's stuck with a losers medal.

I don't want him back here, but he deserves nothing more than obscurity in a bottom of the table team. The delusional little prick still thinks he'll get in the World Cup squad. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the little gobshite normally, but there are many Redmen who still like him, as this thread shows, and this is the final nail in his coffin for me. Horrible little c*nt.

Anyway, seeing as Taggart has been so impressed with this brochure, if Art Vandelay is reading, any chance you could knock up a 4 page pamphlet on Voronin to circulate to the drunken trampy twat?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #541 on: July 3, 2009, 12:37:37 am »
If it comes to fruition it'll be a good move for him and United. I was hoping Benitez would have taken a shot with Owen if the terms could have been agreed upon.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #542 on: July 3, 2009, 12:37:49 am »
btw: IF he goes and stays fit he will bang in the goals

PS: He's still a  :wanker
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: July 3, 2009, 12:38:02 am »
She's not fishing.

She's even got his surname in her MSN address FFS.
She'll probably start supporting Salford now 'cos lickle Mikey plays for them.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #544 on: July 3, 2009, 12:38:51 am »
Growing up as a Liverpool fan in the 90's was ridiculously hard.

fucking hell ok so we didn't win much but we where hardly relegation candidates where we
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: July 3, 2009, 12:38:51 am »

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised.  But really, if Owen goes there, it will prove he's nothing but a money-grabbing twat.   If he's stupid enough to actually sign for the mancs, I hope his injuries stick around and he plays f**k all games for them.

No doubt he probably doesn't care what club he club he plays for, as long as he gets to play for England.  The stupid c*nt.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #546 on: July 3, 2009, 12:39:09 am »

Ciara, stop it, you're killing me, honestly, hysterical bullshit was never rendered more effective in a fishing expedition before, you deserve an Oscar for that one, well done, I give you a round of applause ^^^^

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline matycowling1007

• Anny Roader
« Reply #547 on: July 3, 2009, 12:39:22 am »
if this happens its gonna hurt so much, maybe because he was my childhood idol, and im not afraid to admit that he is the reason im a liverpool fan.

how the fuck could he sign for those cnts

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: July 3, 2009, 12:45:18 am »
Good for him. Bad for Manc. Don't care about him anymore and I am not worry in a slightest.

Offline neilem

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: July 3, 2009, 12:48:35 am »
I find this more comical than upsetting.

Offline AlanK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #550 on: July 3, 2009, 12:52:24 am »
I find this more comical than upsetting.
Unfortunately I find this more upsetting than comical

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: July 3, 2009, 12:54:18 am »
Hope this happens, it would be funny as fuck. If Owen was a horse, he'd be glue by now.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #552 on: July 3, 2009, 12:55:27 am »
Fuck me, the reek of cheap booze and desperation must be poisonous in the carrington air. Can only hope the fucker walks past an open flame and goes up like a catherine wheel. Preferably with the little money grabbing judas in close proximity... and the rest of the foul c*nts as well.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #553 on: July 3, 2009, 12:55:40 am »
Prick
:D

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #554 on: July 3, 2009, 12:55:55 am »
Should get a fucking booing if he signes for them. A little fucking respect please Michael.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: July 3, 2009, 12:56:13 am »

if he hasnt had a proper season in the last 5 years what makes you think that this season will be different??

Offline the_cote_kid

• Main Stander
« Reply #556 on: July 3, 2009, 01:00:15 am »
Agree with some of what Ciara says.

I don't see why people are shocked and surprised by this?  No-one's ever had him pegged as a massively committed, lifetime Liverpool fan.  His realistic options before this link came about were likely to be Hull or Stoke fucking City.  We're in a World Cup year and he's lost his place in the squad. The champions of England offer him a contract (maybe), is he supposed to say no?

There's been loads of discussion on Owen so i won't go over it all again, but my thoughts on him are disappointment when he left followed by a mild interest in what else he did with his career (not much).  I'll remain largely indifferent towards him if he joins the Mancs, unless he gives me reason to treat him otherwise.

It will be interesting to see what he's genuinely got left in him, but from our point of view i'm quite happy to see United signing a player at Owens stage of his career.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: July 3, 2009, 01:00:23 am »
Sick of people saying  this " If he does to united he will bang in the goals" Bullshit. The guy hasn't scored a goal since January and couldn't even get in a team managed by his mate  :lmao

Hope this Happens....Oh and he Is fucking twat who I will Boo. :wanker

« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 01:02:23 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Online gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: July 3, 2009, 01:14:52 am »
will laugh my tits off if this goes through.

take the piss outta me all you want, but the utd empire is crumbling. valencia is their jimmy carter, and signing owen will be their david speedie moment!!

Offline AndrewFitz22

• easily outfoxed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: July 3, 2009, 01:21:54 am »
From Ribery to Villa to Benzema to a Owen....

Mancs can have him.......Will be a nice laugh when he arrives in Anfield on the 24th of October...