The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Gini Wijnaldum

<< < (2/127) > >>

johnj147:
Can't believe he went to them... thought it was Barca he wanted .. disappointed 😞

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: Samie on June 10, 2021, 11:04:40 pm ---Doesn't change what I said Al.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I agree with you.

The thing is though that Jurgen had a specific role for Gini as the controller. The player that took the sting out of the game. Gini played passively for us because that is what Jurgen wanted. We play as a team and Gini was brilliant at that. He didn't have an ego and was prepared to sacrifice his attacking instincts for the team.

PSG will be a whole new ball game. They have outstanding individuals, but they rarely play as a team. Gini's biggest attribute for me is his willingness and ability to receive the ball in tight spaces. That isn't really an attribute though when Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria are screaming for the ball.

I really struggle to see what role Gini will perform for PSG.

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: johnj147 on June 10, 2021, 11:09:38 pm ---Can't believe he went to them... thought it was Barca he wanted .. disappointed 😞

--- End quote ---

From a footballing perspective, he should have stayed with us. However, I can't really blame him for signing a life changing deal with PSG.

deFacto please, you bastards:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on June 10, 2021, 11:16:30 pm ---I agree with you.

The thing is though that Jurgen had a specific role for Gini as the controller. The player that took the sting out of the game. Gini played passively for us because that is what Jurgen wanted. We play as a team and Gini was brilliant at that. He didn't have an ego and was prepared to sacrifice his attacking instincts for the team.

PSG will be a whole new ball game. They have outstanding individuals, but they rarely play as a team. Gini's biggest attribute for me is his willingness and ability to receive the ball in tight spaces. That isn't really an attribute though when Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria are screaming for the ball.

I really struggle to see what role Gini will perform for PSG.

--- End quote ---

He's playing in midfield isn't he? An area of the pitch they have problems with, when Verratti isn't playing, as the others available aren't fit to tie his shoelaces, and Gini is better than the rest of them. Not sure what players you are on about being better than him, he walks into that side.

Paredes,Herrera and the former Everton lad who'se name escapes me, are no where near his level.

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: deFacto please, you bastards on June 10, 2021, 11:22:10 pm ---He's playing in midfield isn't he? An area of the pitch they have problems with, when Verratti isn't playing, as the others available aren't fit to tie his shoelaces, and Gini is better than the rest of them. Not sure what players you are on about being better than him, he walks into that side.

Paredes,Herrera and the former Everton lad who'se name escapes me, are no where near his level.

--- End quote ---

Is midfield the problem area though or is it just down to the fact that Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria just don't work hard enough. I think Gini is a top player, but most of his best work goes unnoticed. That isn't going to endear him to the fans when they have a team full of egos. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version