The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Pre-Season Thread

<< < (470/1528) > >>

killer-heels:
The squad always looks strong at the start of the season but not to state the obvious its when one or two injuries happen thats when it can start to look very light. Its ok for friendlies but whether we trust several of these players to start a league game is a different question entirely. Still need one or two.

The most encouraging thing is Firmino scoring and Mane’s performances. Only watched two friendlies (Hertha and Athletic) and he was good in both.

vivabobbygraham:

--- Quote from: OOS on August  9, 2021, 10:00:59 pm ---Hes allergic to using his left foot. That's his biggest downfall. Some gives and goes tonight, he wasn't comfortable to use his left foot, touch with his right, pass with his right. He's still a good back up fullback for the upcoming season.

--- End quote ---

He's a right footed player ffs. Robbo uses his right a lot doesn't he? Why some of our 'fans' have a downer on Neco is beyong me...

Mighty_Red:
Was a good match yesterday, lots of quick incisive passing and we did create a lot. Lots of good performances and competition for places will heighten the training sessions for all, something we had in abundance until last season.

Funky_Gibbons:
My boys first game at Anfield yesterday and it didn’t disappoint even though it was ‘only’ a friendly. Great atmosphere still and plenty of singing which he joined in with.

The look on his face when we first walked up the stairs and he saw the pitch for the first time will live with me forever.

Timbo's Goals:
Two terrific back to back performances with different teams against decent opposition especially Bilbao. Incredible really. Not seen much better down the years in pre-season. Arsenal 3-1 charity shield back in the '70's perhaps? Barca 4-0 friendly at Wembley maybe? But from two entirely different line-ups showing the same quality? Bloody amazing.

Anyroad can't fucking wait to see the gob on pampered cheating c*nt Pep and and the gobs on the Man U fans when we lift numbers 20 and 7.

Liverpool NAP.

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version