The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Jordan Henderson

<< < (2157/2174) > >>

farawayred:
It wasn't Hendo's best game and I think he's partly at fault of being out pof position when three players gained on Trent for their last goal. But I liked his offensive contribution, he doesn't seem out of place there on the right.

RedG13:

--- Quote from: farawayred on September 25, 2021, 10:43:39 pm ---It wasn't Hendo's best game and I think he's partly at fault of being out pof position when three players gained on Trent for their last goal. But I liked his offensive contribution, he doesn't seem out of place there on the right.

--- End quote ---
He really struggling to win duels right now. He at like 36% it might be something coming back from injury but losing a duel in the MF means the Defense is going to be more open and asking other players to make up for. He normally in the 55% range for duels.
Him playing as Box to Box Mf that role doesn't really exist for Klopp system his best fit is either playing the 6 or be a runner link play with the Front Line(he fine Crossing and pressing here but not the most creative when going inside). He can play the role next Fabinho but probably not his best role(Keita/Thiago fit there better/Jones too).
His offense has felt fine the last couple of games in that role but seems leaving the defense pretty open with not winning Duels.

jepovic:
Trent has been left alone too much this season. He gets more support from Salah than Henderson now. Could be Henderson's form, but it looks like a change in tactics to me.

JC the Messiah:
Although Henderson was the one who tracked back and made a very timely challenge when their forward was through and one-on-one with Alisson. Not that the commentators mentioned it either.

mrantarctica:
I think his deployment today was to utilise his very good delivery from that right side of the pitch. He frequently makes that diagonal from right midfield, or a cross from that wide right position and often leads to goals. However, it meant that we somewhat vacated the central areas of the pitch at times and I don't think Fab and Curtis controlled that part of the pitch well. It didn't help that Brentford play 3 in those central areas and Norgaard and Janelt are underrated, very athletic and skilful operators there and their new lad Onyeka, who has played us twice before, seems to be a very astute signing too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version