The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Renovated Melwood?

<< < (3/12) > >>

G a r y:

--- Quote from: laddo on August  8, 2015, 09:01:49 am ---The club have openly said they'd like to move the first-team to the Academy one day.

--- End quote ---
Discussions are ongoing about this. There has been talk of selling Melwood and moving everything up to Kirkby. Nothing concrete as of yet but talks are going on

CraigDS:
Not sure it'll be anytime soon as doing a whole new entrance to Melwood - not that it's a massive job but if a decision was imminent on moving I doubt they'd bother.

G a r y:

--- Quote from: Guiseppe Rubberneck on June 14, 2016, 10:08:48 am ---Not sure it'll be anytime soon as doing a whole new entrance to Melwood - not that it's a massive job but if a decision was imminent on moving I doubt they'd bother.

--- End quote ---
The decision isn't imminent, but talks are going on.

I'd imagine Klopp has had a few things to say about it, it has never made any sense as to why they are separate anyway

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: G a r y on June 14, 2016, 01:43:34 pm ---The decision isn't imminent, but talks are going on.

I'd imagine Klopp has had a few things to say about it, it has never made any sense as to why they are separate anyway

--- End quote ---

It made sense because Melwood can't be expanded and it wasn't big enough to have both there anymore once the Academy expanded. Rather than going to the expense of rebuilding the main training ground (which I think hadn't long been done) they just moved the kids.

CraigDS:
Withdrawn the plans for the changes they were looking to make to Melwood. Just noticed when went to check something with regards to the new Main.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version