The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Memory Lane-------Manchester United

(1/12) > >>

4pool:
Right it worked for Arsenal and stopped our blip... ;D

So how about those memories for Man Utd...from Super Dan, to Fowler singlehandedly ruining Cantona's return....... to..

One of my memories was being in Thailand for the 1996 FA Cup final and watching on Thia TV with Thia commentary..only to lose 1-0 and then calling my Mum back in the USA, as the match wasn't on tv back then like it is now..and after saying hello Mum..she knew right away we'd lost.

As we haven't beat them since the 1920's apparently in the FA Cup , if I heard that stat right.. it's time to put that right and this thread just might get rid of that jinx. As I said it worked for Arsenal....

Again..only memories no stuff about the match for Saturday.

redchiz:
Hmmm. Losing to them in the 1977 Cup Final? Whilst living in Manchester at the time?? Not one of my favourite memories. A bit of a 'mare to be honest. Even when we were good and they were shite they were always a pain in the arse. That's probably why we hate/respect them so much.

Mind you, 4 days after that Cup Final we went on to become Champions of Europe for the first time. So think positive, yeah.  :)

Terry de Niro:
When Graeme Souness smashed one in The Annie road end, 81 I believe...  Happy days.. :D

We won  1-0..

Fat Tony:
In the F.A. Cup, being 1-0 up for 85 minutes, courtesy of Mickey O, in 1999 at OT, singing our hearts out, I won't mention what happened in the last 5 minutes though.

At Anfield, the classic 3-3 coming from 3 down, was one of my most memorable games in the old kop.

Also the 3-1 win in 2002 (I think) when Riise scored THAT goal, and the emotional Houllier mosiac took place.

davidlam:
And the Danny Murphy "hat-tricks" at Old Tradford - Hope he can score another one at White Hart Lane on April 17.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version