Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607130 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3160 on: March 30, 2019, 07:31:13 pm »
First bike ride of the year, bright and sunny.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3161 on: March 30, 2019, 09:44:49 pm »
The smell of bread baking mmmmm.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: April 2, 2019, 11:57:22 pm »
Being able to sleep without the aircon on.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3163 on: April 3, 2019, 10:02:55 pm »
Doing my art.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3164 on: April 3, 2019, 10:08:20 pm »
My little one Fleur asking me to cut the crusts off her garlic bread for the first time.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3165 on: April 3, 2019, 10:09:55 pm »
My little one Fleur asking me to cut the crusts off her garlic bread for the first time.

Aww, kesey.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3166 on: April 4, 2019, 12:40:21 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: April 4, 2019, 10:04:44 pm »
April snow landing on my tongue this morning.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #3168 on: April 5, 2019, 10:04:17 am »
Got my second cataract operation tomorrow morning, can't wait to be able to read a book again.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3169 on: April 5, 2019, 12:33:48 pm »
Got my second cataract operation tomorrow morning, can't wait to be able to read a book again.
Good luck with that. I hope it goes well.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #3170 on: April 5, 2019, 12:42:16 pm »
Good luck with that. I hope it goes well.  :thumbup

Cheers!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3171 on: April 5, 2019, 12:46:48 pm »
"The mat cat on the sat."

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #3172 on: April 5, 2019, 12:49:39 pm »
Coaching a kids team soccer and telling a kid he had been playing too rough for the age group and then getting a nice supportive text from the parent.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3173 on: April 5, 2019, 01:12:28 pm »
Coaching a kids team soccer and telling a kid he had been playing too rough for the age group and then getting a nice supportive text from the parent.

You're kidding... Surprised you did not get threatened with leaving-the-club/lawsuit/tarring and feathering.

Unusual parent, that one...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #3174 on: April 5, 2019, 02:43:03 pm »
You're kidding... Surprised you did not get threatened with leaving-the-club/lawsuit/tarring and feathering.

Unusual parent, that one...

I know, I was quite taken aback. This came in by email at 12.30 AM. It's ridiculously polite. The two kids are brothers and the football reference is about how one of them plays like American football and not soccer.

Coach Andy,

Thank you for saying something to my Mom about  XXXX and XXX play and how they have been too aggressive.  We wanted them on the same team this season but we knew there was the potential for their sibling rivalry to spill over onto the soccer field - thanks for your patience.  In addition to my parents speaking with the boys after you said something while we were out of town I spoke with the boys tonight when I got home.  I know what I was like at their age and I had to learn self-control on the field the hard way (by sitting out and / or getting penalized)...I'm glad XXX and XXX have a coach who cares about soccer being played the right way and wants to see boys grow into men.  I fully support whatever you feel needs to be done to help them self-regulate the way they play in the heat of the action.  I've asked XXX to be conscious of setting a good example for XXX by not getting chippy with him in practice, and I told XX I expected him to play soccer as a soccer player on the field and not a football player.  If there is anything we can do to help, please let me know.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3175 on: April 5, 2019, 03:37:29 pm »
I know, I was quite taken aback. This came in by email at 12.30 AM. It's ridiculously polite. The two kids are brothers and the football reference is about how one of them plays like American football and not soccer.

Coach Andy,

Thank you for saying something to my Mom about  XXXX and XXX play and how they have been too aggressive.  We wanted them on the same team this season but we knew there was the potential for their sibling rivalry to spill over onto the soccer field - thanks for your patience.  In addition to my parents speaking with the boys after you said something while we were out of town I spoke with the boys tonight when I got home.  I know what I was like at their age and I had to learn self-control on the field the hard way (by sitting out and / or getting penalized)...I'm glad XXX and XXX have a coach who cares about soccer being played the right way and wants to see boys grow into men.  I fully support whatever you feel needs to be done to help them self-regulate the way they play in the heat of the action.  I've asked XXX to be conscious of setting a good example for XXX by not getting chippy with him in practice, and I told XX I expected him to play soccer as a soccer player on the field and not a football player.  If there is anything we can do to help, please let me know.

Wow, very nice one...

Know you enjoyed the receiving and reading...

And re-reading... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: April 5, 2019, 03:50:17 pm »
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/mayo-underage-coach-pens-brilliant-open-letter-to-parents-on-the-reality-of-the-voluntary-job-25104

reminds me of this. i thought fair play to the guy

some good and bad with parents/coaches

but i agreed with this big time. he was trying to do the right thing

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: April 5, 2019, 08:47:39 pm »
I have just fired off an email to MacKenzie Bezos. I explained how A) we are both reasonably attractive, B) I'm just a few years older, and C) we are now both very, very single and available.

Our planets have aligned.

Destiny summons.

Love -- and a shallow, disgustingly luxurious lifestyle -- awaits.

I expect a prompt reply in the affirmative.  8)

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/4/5/18296734/jeff-bezos-divorce-mackenzie-settlement-amazon
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3178 on: April 6, 2019, 10:02:09 am »
Friday night football, we've got a good record playing Friday nights. ;D
#Sausages

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: April 6, 2019, 10:03:23 am »
Friday night football, we've got a good record playing Friday nights. ;D

Mo especially!

@OptaJoe
Follow Follow @OptaJoe
More
3 – Mohamed Salah has become just the second player in Premier League history to score in each of his first three matches on a Friday, after Thierry Henry who scored in all four of his such matches in the competition. Freaky. #SOULIV

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: April 6, 2019, 11:00:18 am »
Watching Klopp and the lads celebrate and hug after the match yesterday. Echoes of 2013/2014 where I for the first time in my life got the feeling that we actually have a chance to win the damn thing. (I realize I just brought up the 13/14 season in the happiness thread, but you know what I mean)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: April 7, 2019, 10:50:20 pm »
It might be a bit shallow but I'm happy, Rachel Riley just liked something I tweeted to her. The amount of abuse she gets is outrageous. So I gave her a bit of support. It was nothing to do with sitting on my face.  :)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3182 on: April 8, 2019, 10:51:31 am »
When you look at the hourly weather forecast for tomorrow & next few days, & the forecast has the sunshine symbol in the 8pm slot, you realise sunset from tomorrow is after 8pm[7.59pm sunset tonight].
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: April 8, 2019, 03:21:04 pm »
Unplanned day off with the wee man. Weathers good. Housework done and I'm sitting in a park with a coffee and him.

Simple yet great

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: April 8, 2019, 03:37:59 pm »
Unplanned day off with the wee man. Weathers good. Housework done and I'm sitting in a park with a coffee and him.

Simple yet great

:thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: April 8, 2019, 03:39:08 pm »
Just had a session in the gym, now relaxing in the lounge there with a coffee while I work in peace. Just being able to work without interruption is soooo nice.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #3186 on: April 9, 2019, 06:45:30 am »
Changing a few things in my diet combined with some new exercises at the gym and tadaaaaa.... kilos are dropping off again after a period of no weight loss at all despite a very dedicated effort from yours truly.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: April 9, 2019, 08:17:47 am »
The fact that we are highly relevant in the Champions League again :wave

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: April 9, 2019, 08:50:44 am »
The fact that we are highly relevant in the Champions League again :wave
it was very much taken for granted the years under Rafa.

5 years in a row with him, 3 of them we weren't a million miles away from winning it plus the year we won it of course

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: April 9, 2019, 09:42:08 am »
it was very much taken for granted the years under Rafa.

5 years in a row with him, 3 of them we weren't a million miles away from winning it plus the year we won it of course

That night when we murdered Real Madrid at Anfield was a special one. Casillas kept it down to 4 that night.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: April 9, 2019, 09:46:30 am »
That night when we murdered Real Madrid at Anfield was a special one. Casillas kept it down to 4 that night.
he really did. wouldnt have been far off double figures only for him

10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! can remember that day in work people saying rafa would be found out that night, i actually was pretty confident. figured they wouldnt cope with a fast start

and yes i was right :D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: April 9, 2019, 10:22:13 am »

10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! can remember that day in work people saying rafa would be found out that night, i actually was pretty confident. figured they wouldnt cope with a fast start

Bitters? Utd fans?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: April 9, 2019, 10:24:32 am »
Bitters? Utd fans?
united fan. he wasnt the worst but he thought we would sit back and try nick a 0-0

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: April 9, 2019, 11:39:48 am »

Hope he has flashbacks to that night tonight when he walks out.

Torres bouncing past the Madrid fans pointing at his name ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: April 9, 2019, 11:45:35 am »
Hope he has flashbacks to that night tonight when he walks out.

Torres bouncing past the Madrid fans pointing at his name ;D
he has been back since, a fairly comfortable 3-0 win for real madrid that night

still cant believe how lazy balotelli was that night. i actually got a ban here the next day when i posted about it and i wont repeat what i said but it wasnt wrong

he was a disgrace

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: April 10, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »
Getting out of work early (even it is to go to the dentist!) and getting to cycle home in glorious sunshine. To an empty house as the family is at the zoo...lovely.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3196 on: April 10, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
Peeling that bit of plastic off a new electronic device.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: April 11, 2019, 03:44:26 pm »
seeing the Sean Cox video today of him saying thanks

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3198 on: April 11, 2019, 10:08:42 pm »
"He was the patron saint of quality footwear."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: April 15, 2019, 12:41:19 am »
Boiled eggs and soldiers.