539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1446716 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brexit - Operation YellowHammer - Item 15. Things that make you go uhmmm
« Reply #28320 on: September 12, 2019, 11:12:40 am »
You obviously didn't see him posing with a digital countdown clock and a poorly worded sentence. He is a raving imbecile, to go with a shithouse c*nt who is too scared to say what he thinks.
Now. You are sparking a half-forgotten memory. Can't quite recall it.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28321 on: September 12, 2019, 11:19:52 am »
Tories taking a leaf out of Trump's playbook.......'Many people'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-scottish-parliament-court-prorogue-kwasi-kwarteng-a9102081.html

Edit:Try reading it in Trump's voice  :lmao

"I don't think that, but many people do"

Well it's incumbent on him, as a supposedly responsible elected official, to put those "many people" straight, defend judiciary and explain why it's a stupid position.  What you don't do is voice their ridiculous, uneducated, opinions then shrug as if there's nothing you can do about it, and as act as if those opinions hold any water.

If you do the latter it rather looks like you agree with them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:23:04 am by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28322 on: September 12, 2019, 11:24:25 am »
Just heard James O'Brien on LBC; Yellowhammer is an anagram for ORWELL MAYHEM.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28323 on: September 12, 2019, 11:33:06 am »
Yellow Hammer is just stirring up fear, look at computers and Y2k, that was scaremongering too :butt :butt :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #28324 on: September 12, 2019, 11:41:03 am »
John Lewis is a class act. Especially when we compare it to the retailers who are killing the high street (Amazon). It would be real shame if it went under. Hopefully, the retail sector will have re-balanced itself before JL goes. It is a battle of the fittest / most efficient, I guess. Hopefully, 'quality shopping experience' comes into the mix somewhere.

I worked in Peter Jones (part of the JL group) in Sloane Square back in the late 80s. It was a good place to work, great subsidised food, break rooms, very egalitarian. I think the permanent employees were all on a profit share.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28325 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:46 am »
I worked in Peter Jones (part of the JL group) in Sloane Square back in the late 80s. It was a good place to work, great subsidised food, break rooms, very egalitarian. I think the permanent employees were all on a profit share.
I know there have been some misgivings about how they don't treat contracted-out employees as nicely (cleaners, in the main). Whilst I do not agree with that, the group does not exist in isolation; they must battle - as we are seeing now - with their competitors.

All of the high street is struggling. Not all of it will go. At some stage, there will be a new balancing. I just hope the best of them (and not just the most ruthless) make it through.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28326 on: September 12, 2019, 12:11:35 pm »
Expect the Leavers to deny John Lewis' issues are anything to do with Brexit. Afterall, that bell splash who owns Wetherspoons says its all going to be fine.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28327 on: September 12, 2019, 12:21:07 pm »
The general consensus on the BBC HYS is that to get around all the problems with trucks and ships at ports, we just need to simply fly stuff in and out which means that there will be no delays whatsoever.

Problem solved.

Not sure where this tip-top info is originating?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28328 on: September 12, 2019, 12:29:42 pm »
The general consensus on the BBC HYS is that to get around all the problems with trucks and ships at ports, we just need to simply fly stuff in and out which means that there will be no delays whatsoever.

Problem solved.

Not sure where this tip-top info is originating?

Fuck me, they’ve obviously never seen the cost of air freight compared to container freight - a full 40ft container will hold 20/21 full pallets and costs about Ł2.5k to ship from China to the UK (door to door). You can times that by well over 10 for air freight.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28329 on: September 12, 2019, 12:43:35 pm »
I felt the same. It's a bit embarrassing. Always uncomfortable with partisanship, outside of my football team.

I can't get on board with that kind of dumbing down of news, even if it's being favourable about a ruling I agree with. But it's their call, as we have a free press, and they're not as embarrassing as the right wingers not reporting this on the front page and then trying to discredit. Still,

That's an interesting way to for "The Hootsmon" which is very much a middle class, middle of the road (at best), certainly unionist publication, to go.

Perhaps they were just upset about any possible criticism of "our" legal system?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28330 on: September 12, 2019, 12:47:23 pm »
Brexit: EU 'willing to revisit NI-only backstop'

The EU has said it is willing to revisit the proposal of a Northern-Ireland only backstop to break the Brexit deadlock.

The head of the European Parliament, David Sassoli, said there would be no agreement without a backstop in some form.

But on Wednesday, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson ruled out an NI-only backstop.

The UK is due to leave the EU on 31 October without a deal unless both sides can reach a compromise.

Mr Sassoli was speaking at a press conference after a meeting of the Conference of Presidents with EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier.

UK officials have been in Brussels for meetings this week with Mr Barnier's team.

There had been speculation in recent days that the UK was considering returning to the idea of a Northern-Ireland only backstop, which had originally been proposed by the EU in the early stages of the negotiations in 2017.

The DUP had insisted it and Number 10 would not back such a proposal as it would not have "unionist consent".

After talks with Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson on Tuesday, the DUP said it was exploring all-island "arrangements" on food standards and animal safety as part of a solution to replace the backstop.

But on Thursday, the EU said it was "unhappy" that it had still not received any credible proposals from the UK.

Mr Sassoli said a draft resolution, to be considered by the European Parliament next week, states its preparedness to return to the "original EU proposal" of an NI-only backstop.

"You can't have an agreement without the backstop, it couldn't really be any clearer," he added.

He added that the signals the EU is getting is that there is "no initiative" from the UK right now that could reopen the Brexit negotiations.

The next EU summit is due to take place on 17-18 October, just several weeks before the UK is due to leave the EU on 31 October.

The prime minister has insisted he will not ask the EU for another extension to the deadline, and said the UK would be ready to leave with or without a deal.

He has said he hoped a deal could be reached and that he has an "abundance of proposals" to replace the backstop - but has not detailed what they might be.

The Irish government has said it would also be willing to look at a "Northern Ireland specific-solution".

Mr Sassoli said the EU had "reached a moment where we need to express our positions with firmness and clarity".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49676003

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28331 on: September 12, 2019, 12:49:03 pm »
genuine question as am looking in from the outside regarding the Unions( not a member), what are Unite`s and the CWC rationale for leaving the EU when they know the effect it will have on their membership?
I was always a Union member until I retired.
Unites leader McCluskey is more concerned about playing politics than looking after his members interests. 850.000 people work in the car industry yet McCluskey backs leaving with a deal as this is Corbyns Labours stance, the only deal that guarantees Jobs is a SM+CU deal.does he really think the country will support a deal like that. they might as well campaign to remain.
McCluskey will attack anyone who attacks Corbyn yet he has made some ridicules arguments to defend Labours stance. few months back he argued most Labour members and voters want to leave the EU, the interviewer told him thats not true,McCluskey just got louder telling him they do. most Labour voters want to leave the EU, why did he say this,imo, to justify Corbyns stance.
Few weeks ago he said we have plenty of time, this can all be sorted at the party conference, theres absolutely no need to panic.
I was shocked when Unite members voted him back in,he would be the last person I would want defending my Job right now.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28332 on: September 12, 2019, 12:54:52 pm »
This is turning out quite well for the EU. Parliament has blocked until No Deal until January at least and far from following the Cummings masterplan and allowing themselves to be portrayed as intransigent, they're offering alternatives to the current all-UK backstop that they could genuinely live with and has been previously agreed to by the UK side whereas in comparison, the UK can't for political reasons accept the EU's suggested alternatives nor do they have any credible alternatives of their own to put forward.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #28333 on: September 12, 2019, 12:56:52 pm »
So if nothing happens between now and the start of November will be leave without a deal? Or is that illegal now with the Benn bill? Confusing as fuck all this.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28334 on: September 12, 2019, 01:00:36 pm »
Fuck me, they’ve obviously never seen the cost of air freight compared to container freight - a full 40ft container will hold 20/21 full pallets and costs about Ł2.5k to ship from China to the UK (door to door). You can times that by well over 10 for air freight.

Each 40ft container can carry 26,500 kg of freight, the 20ft ones carry about 14 tonnes. The max payload for a 747F is 130 tonnes, or 5 HGV's, the biggest cargo ships such as the Hong Kong Container Ship can carry something like 21,000 20ft Containers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28335 on: September 12, 2019, 01:07:46 pm »
Each 40ft container can carry 26,500 kg of freight, the 20ft ones carry about 14 tonnes. The max payload for a 747F is 130 tonnes, or 5 HGV's, the biggest cargo ships such as the Hong Kong Container Ship can carry something like 21,000 20ft Containers.

So just the 2,335 full cargo plane flights required to replace one shipment then  ;D

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28336 on: September 12, 2019, 01:07:57 pm »
I've not spoken to any international drivers, so that kind of thing just passes them by. The only thing discussed was what placards needed to be on trailers when you are doing an international run, as they go from road to sea to road. While shipping notes were covered, nothing was mentioned, nor really applicable to the course, on what the customs changes will be like when running goods abroad.

One thing that did "whoosh" them all, was ADR is a Europe wide standard, but each country has their own domestic regulations. In the UK we drive on the Dangerous goods by road rules and only switch to ADR if running to Europe. The UK use different labels on the trailers carrying dangerous goods to what is used under ADR. I thought they said we all had to do what the EU says?
It really is shocking, they don't even have conversations about something that will affect their industry. one thing people should consider, Brexit will hit us in ways none of us even considered.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28337 on: September 12, 2019, 01:14:05 pm »
So if nothing happens between now and the start of November will be leave without a deal? Or is that illegal now with the Benn bill? Confusing as fuck all this.

Benn Bill stops BJ leaving with no deal on 31 Oct.

By 19 Oct he needs to have either got a new deal, which he needs to present to parliament and get passed otherwise he has to get an extension for withdrawal from EU (so won't be leaving on 31 oct).

BJ can only avoid this clause by either getting a deal passed or getting MPs to vote for no deal again, which won't happen.

BJ could ignore the bill which some say is breaking the law.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #28338 on: September 12, 2019, 01:18:14 pm »

By 19 Oct he needs to have either got a new deal, which he needs to present to parliament and get passed otherwise he has to get an extension for withdrawal from EU (so won't be leaving on 31 oct).

BJ can only avoid this clause by either getting a deal passed or getting MPs to vote for no deal again, which won't happen.

Sound, Thank You.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28339 on: September 12, 2019, 01:22:04 pm »
Letwin now joining the increasing number of calls for a Referendum to precede an election - which is clearly the only sensible option. Sadly Magic fucking Grandpa is going to torpedo that...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28340 on: September 12, 2019, 01:32:31 pm »

Unless the EU refuse to give an extension.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28341 on: September 12, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »

Can I ask on what basis it wouldn't be interpreted as law?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #28342 on: September 12, 2019, 01:50:39 pm »
To have a referendum pre-GE gets back to the thorny question of who should lead a GNU, and even though there is a majority in Parliament to oppose No Deal, is there a majority there for a second referendum?

Even if there is a majority in the best case you are still left with a GNU of a very disparate group of MPs for at least 6 months which is basically not going to be able to pass any legislation apart from a second ref as I doubt they would agree on anything else!

Its a tough ask selling that to the country to basically have the place in limbo for 6 months (of course the reality is that we haven't been too far away from that since the last GE anyway).

I agree that the ideal is to have second ref before a GE but I think the practical difficulties are significant.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28343 on: September 12, 2019, 02:04:04 pm »
Can I ask on what basis it wouldn't be interpreted as law?
Exactly. See David Allen Green, posted on here before, but worth repeating:

Some news reports state that a senior politician states the legal consequence of such a breach would be little more than “contempt of parliament” and that he would be a “martyr”.

Another news source has suggested he is merely “goading” parliament for a possible “impeachment”.

In fact and at law, it would be far more serious than that.

A prime minister holds public office.

As such a prime minister comes within the scope of the criminal offence of misconduct in public office (read all you need to know here).

For any public servant to deliberately seek to breach the law (as opposed to say, creatively comply with it or find a loophole to avoid it) would be (on the face of it) misconduct under this offence.

If all the elements are made out of the offence then there would be a criminal conviction and a sentence, which can be up to life imprisonment.

Also caught would be any person, even if not a public official, who conspired, assisted or encouraged the offence (this can be shown by the Operation Elveden prosecutions). 

This could thereby catch any aides or advisors who had sought to facilitate the principal offence.

And that would not be the end of the legal peril.

There is also the tort of misfeasance in public office where, if Johnson or any other public servant was held to be a tortfeasor (a lovely legal word, which Johnson would otherwise no doubt enjoy) then there would be liability in damages for losses that were caused by the unlawful action.

In respect of the losses which would be caused to companies and individuals by a No Deal Brexit forced by the wrong such damages would be likely to be colossal.

This would be in addition to, or separate from, any criminal liability – an offence does not have to have been prosecuted for the tort to be made out.

The criminal offences and the tortious liability would be in the personal capacity of those found liable.

This would be in addition to any legal sanction (such as imprisonment for contempt of court) for breach of an injunction and/or mandatory order obliging Johnson and others to comply with the law. 

All the above is not because the Prime Minister has any special status: it is just the law treating him as any other public servant.

The Prime Minister is not above the law.

No doubt the talk so far is not to be taken seriously, and that there is no real possibility that the Prime Minister and others will conspire to break the criminal law, break any court orders, and commit a tort which will cause devastating losses to millions of people and thousands of companies.

It is surely just bravado, to impress reporters and political supporters.

But if it not bombast and bluster then all those involved had better get some jolly good criminal and civil defence lawyers.

Because, unlike – say – breaches of referendum spending and campaigning laws, breaking these laws will have serious consequences.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28344 on: September 12, 2019, 02:09:44 pm »
Probably a silly question, but...

If Johnson says the UK is leaving on 31st Oct. what does that actually entail? What does the government have to do, in technical terms, for the UK to actually 'leave'?

Does the government write a letter to the EU or something, that says... 'ok we've left now'.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #28345 on: September 12, 2019, 02:21:42 pm »
The government dont have to do anything. Article 50 is the process to leave and that has already been enacted. If nothing happens between now and 31st October, with Johnson ignoring the law, we leave without a deal.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28346 on: September 12, 2019, 02:27:23 pm »
The government dont have to do anything. Article 50 is the process to leave and that has already been enacted. If nothing happens between now and 31st October, with Johnson ignoring the law, we leave without a deal.
Right, I was thinking that. So, though the government will have broken UK law, as far as the EU is concerned, the UK will have left the EU at that point.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28347 on: September 12, 2019, 02:29:52 pm »
snip

The thing is, even if you fast forward a few months and he does go cap in hand and ask for another extension, we're already at a stage where we're questioning whether it's law or just convention.

Who knows exactly what a stable society's founded upon really eh? But you kind of have to think there are some things you're best not to undermine.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #28348 on: September 12, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »
Johnson telling the news Channels that he didn't lie to the Queen.

Why don't they just ask him that the Scottish court asked him to send the Court a sworn affidavit that he didn't lie to the Queen, but he didn't do that why not?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #28349 on: September 12, 2019, 02:33:51 pm »
About the freight thing.

There’s only about 1000 wide body freighters in the world.

But more importantly

The bottleneck is customs right? it’s at least the same work to check an airfreight vs a truckload or a sea container. 

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #28350 on: September 12, 2019, 02:34:39 pm »
So just the 2,335 full cargo plane flights required to replace one shipment then  ;D
Actual facts are so quaint in the time of Trump.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28351 on: September 12, 2019, 02:34:55 pm »
BTW the Northern Irish court went the other way - 2 goals to 1 for 'it's none of our business'.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #28352 on: September 12, 2019, 02:41:30 pm »

I love this, the whole deal/no deal thing.

You say you want to leave and then try to negotiate a deal for leaving. The rest of Europe doesn't particularly want you to leave, so there's absolutely no incentive to reach a deal. Meanwhile, if you don't get a deal, you say you're going to.....what? Leave? Yes, you already said that.

Dumbest plan ever.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28353 on: September 12, 2019, 02:45:48 pm »
But more importantly

The bottleneck is customs right? it’s at least the same work to check an airfreight vs a truckload or a sea container.

Is correct. Plus I doubt there is a big enough airfreight location able to handle that much. There is a reason ports are absolutely huge!

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28354 on: September 12, 2019, 02:48:00 pm »
What if the Prime Minister deliberately broke the law over extending Article 50?

There is also the tort of misfeasance in public office where, if Johnson or any other public servant was held to be a tortfeasor (a lovely legal word, which Johnson would otherwise no doubt enjoy) then there would be liability in damages for losses that were caused by the unlawful action.

In respect of the losses which would be caused to companies and individuals by a No Deal Brexit forced by the wrong such damages would be likely to be colossal.

This would be in addition to, or separate from, any criminal liability – an offence does not have to have been prosecuted for the tort to be made out.

The criminal offences and the tortious liability would be in the personal capacity of those found liable.

https://davidallengreen.com/2019/09/what-if-the-prime-minister-deliberately-broke-the-law-over-extending-article-50/

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #28355 on: September 12, 2019, 02:48:14 pm »
Jo Maugham QC has said a couple of times there will be another breaking story this afternoon at some point.

Jo Maugham QC
‏Verified account @JolyonMaugham

Now off to the TV studios to do a pre-record for news breaking this afternoon
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28356 on: September 12, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »
snip again

This was about right I thought mate.
https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/boris-johnsons-game-is-even-more-dangerous-than-you-think

Johnson’s premiership is demolishing everything the Conservative Party is meant to stand for: parliamentary sovereignty, the constitution, political stability, legal tradition, and Britain’s democratic institutions.

Magic when the rule of law starts getting undermined right before a plague of seven yellowhammer shortages.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #28357 on: September 12, 2019, 02:53:39 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, Johnson was on Sky today saying that he would get a deal or he would leave with no deal on 31st Oct.  (Same interview where he said he didn't lie to queen but judges were right etc.).  No-one even challenged him on this statement about no deal on 31st, even after all last weeks bills etc.  very strange.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28358 on: September 12, 2019, 02:59:29 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, Johnson was on Sky today saying that he would get a deal or he would leave with no deal on 31st Oct.  (Same interview where he said he didn't lie to queen but judges were right etc.).  No-one even challenged him on this statement about no deal on 31st, even after all last weeks bills etc.  very strange.

Because they're fucking pricks who let him get away with stuff. Shit like Peston still loving his "Boris" schtick. c*nts the lot of them.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28359 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:31 pm »
Because they're fucking pricks who let him get away with stuff. Shit like Peston still loving his "Boris" schtick. c*nts the lot of them.

Why wouldn't they? British elite run in the same circles, and control all the pillars of Britain, including the media.
Where did Boris take in 250k a year from?

Boris is one of their own, all disagreements are of a polite variety