Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 329075 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #3600 on: January 31, 2019, 03:45:32 pm »
Affleck has confirmed he won't be returning for The Batman.

Good.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3601 on: January 31, 2019, 04:06:06 pm »
Whilst all the whispers coming from WB/DC appear to lead to more stand alone movies instead of a shared universe, I don't think they should quite give up on the Justice League quite yet.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman (now DC's biggest film ever) have been huge hits for the DCEU and would form a solid base going forward. Brushing 4 films completely under the carpet (MoS, BvS, SS and JL) would be admitting monumental failure. The easiest and most logical way of approaching this problem, with Affleck gone and Cavill seemingly the same, is a version of Flashpoint. A Flashpoint film would give them a way of conveniently erasing the shit stuff whilst keeping the good stuff. The Flash would be the only character who knew the old Batman and Superman so could reference them to include them in the Universe loosely but going forward they wouldn't exist.

DC can still develop standalones like the upcoming Joker film but this would also be going on

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:07:43 pm by redan »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3602 on: January 31, 2019, 04:09:07 pm »
Whilst all the whispers coming from WB/DC appear to lead to more stand alone movies instead of a shared universe, I don't think they should quite give up on the Justice League quite yet.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman (now DC's biggest film ever) have been huge hits for the DCEU and would form a solid base going forward. Brushing 4 films completely under the carpet (MoS, BvS, SS and JL) would be admitting monumental failure. The easiest and most logical way of approaching this problem, with Affleck gone and Cavill seemingly the same, is a version of Flashpoint. A Flashpoint film would give them a way of conveniently erasing the shit stuff whilst keeping the good stuff. The Flash would be the only characters who knew the old Batman and Superman so could reference them to include them in the Universe loosely but going forward they wouldn't exist.

DC can still develop standalones like the upcoming Joker film but this would also be going on

WW84 possible spoiler...

Spoiler
There was a rumour that WW84 was going to include a flash point type scenario (I think largely based upon Pine returning). It would, as you say, allow for a reset and much sooner than it happening in a Flash movie...if that is still even on the cards, it's been very quiet for a while now.

[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: January 31, 2019, 04:28:21 pm »
Affleck was easily the best Batman we've had, a real shame he didn't get a movie to himself to cement it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: January 31, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
Affleck was easily the best Batman we've had, a real shame he didn't get a movie to himself to cement it.

Bale.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: January 31, 2019, 04:55:57 pm »
I liked both, both had outstanding scenes. The interrogation of the Joker with Bale is probably my single favourite Batman scene. Rescuing Martha my favourite action scene.

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3606 on: January 31, 2019, 04:57:49 pm »
Yeah that scene in BvS was incredible, it made the fights in any other Batman film seem like they were choreographed by the Power Rangers

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: January 31, 2019, 05:00:37 pm »
Bale.

Disqualified by the voice

Yeah that scene in BvS was incredible, it made the fights in any other Batman film seem like they were choreographed by the Power Rangers

Yup, unreal scene.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: January 31, 2019, 05:19:22 pm »
The second best Gunn in entertainment is probably directing Suicide Squad 2, having already written it

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: January 31, 2019, 05:28:39 pm »
The second best Gunn in entertainment is probably directing Suicide Squad 2, having already written it

I think the name is actually The Suicide Squad, and it's a soft reboot. So maybe only Harley surviving the cull?

It's a bit different that they have more upcoming films based around her than any other DC character.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3610 on: January 31, 2019, 05:38:04 pm »
I think the name is actually The Suicide Squad, and it's a soft reboot. So maybe only Harley surviving the cull?

It's a bit different that they have more upcoming films based around her than any other DC character.

I just checked imdb, I had no idea they've planned 3-4 different movies with her in. She was the best part of a very bad movie, but was she really that great? Most of the 'bad guys' in that movie were pretty limp, all talk with very little actual being bad, which I think would get stale pretty quickly. If she had started out as an actual villain in a Batman movie or something I could see her having a good story arc, but if she's sort of good from the start then I don't see what they'll do with her.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: January 31, 2019, 05:46:14 pm »
I just checked imdb, I had no idea they've planned 3-4 different movies with her in. She was the best part of a very bad movie, but was she really that great? Most of the 'bad guys' in that movie were pretty limp, all talk with very little actual being bad, which I think would get stale pretty quickly. If she had started out as an actual villain in a Batman movie or something I could see her having a good story arc, but if she's sort of good from the start then I don't see what they'll do with her.

Yeah, they're going down the anti-hero root for sure. And I agree, I'm not sure she's worth that many films.

Her next one is Birds of Prey, and she's teaming up with other heroes to rescue someone from an actual villain.

There is already a teaser out for it, but it only shows the characters, no actual film yet.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ptLZlrE8MrQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ptLZlrE8MrQ</a>

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:44 pm »

Goddamn it, they better keep Will

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3613 on: January 31, 2019, 05:59:22 pm »
Goddamn it, they better keep Will

Oh Claus. Oh dear, oh dear.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3614 on: January 31, 2019, 06:37:48 pm »
Forget Batflek and Bale. The best Batman will always be Will Arnett

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3615 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:38 pm »
Forget Batflek and Bale. The best Batman will always be Will Arnett

He's not even the best animated Batman

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: January 31, 2019, 07:03:49 pm »
I know I'm an old fucker but the best Batman was Michael Keaton.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3617 on: January 31, 2019, 07:30:42 pm »
I know I'm an old fucker but the best Batman was Michael Keaton.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3618 on: January 31, 2019, 07:49:31 pm »

Wonder Woman and Aquaman (now DC's biggest film ever) have been huge hits for the DCEU and would form a solid base going forward. Brushing 4 films completely under the carpet (MoS, BvS, SS and JL) would be admitting monumental failure. The easiest and most logical way of approaching this problem, with Affleck gone and Cavill seemingly the same, is a version of Flashpoint. A Flashpoint film would give them a way of conveniently erasing the shit stuff whilst keeping the good stuff. The Flash would be the only character who knew the old Batman and Superman so could reference them to include them in the Universe loosely but going forward they wouldn't exist.

Better to admit monumental failure than perpetuate it. Nobody needs a reboot story. Just make new, better films. Ignore the old stuff. It's fine. James Bond has been doing it for decades.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3619 on: January 31, 2019, 08:43:09 pm »
Better to admit monumental failure than perpetuate it. Nobody needs a reboot story. Just make new, better films. Ignore the old stuff. It's fine. James Bond has been doing it for decades.
Don’t thing we need a reboot per se, but it’s obvious that any shared DC universe will need a Batman and Superman and that now looks highly unlikely to be Cavill and Affleck. Therefore I can’t see my other option as flashpoint esque redoing of certain parts

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are big hitters now so they’re stories will continue, it’d just be weird if they never acknowledged again that they’re part of the same team

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: January 31, 2019, 09:09:23 pm »
Don’t thing we need a reboot per se, but it’s obvious that any shared DC universe will need a Batman and Superman and that now looks highly unlikely to be Cavill and Affleck. Therefore I can’t see my other option as flashpoint esque redoing of certain parts

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are big hitters now so they’re stories will continue, it’d just be weird if they never acknowledged again that they’re part of the same team

Yes, but they can just recast Batman and Superman. They shouldn't make a song and dance about it. It's like when they do a reboot in the comics because the continuity is too convoluted, and they end up making it even worse.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: February 1, 2019, 04:19:36 pm »
Yeah I think you just recast them, make new movies and just don't bother trying to explain it "in universe", just have them team up with Wonder Woman and Aquaman and whoever people like. It was a big garbage fire that audiences didn't connect with, best to just cut your losses than go "wait guys, let us explain how we are fixing things".
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: February 11, 2019, 03:57:48 pm »
Doom patrol starts on Friday.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: February 13, 2019, 10:41:13 am »
Been watching Titans on Netflix and it's really good. Not as good as Daredevil or Punisher but definitely up there. Interesting characters and an introduction to the Doom Patrol as well. 5 episodes in so far

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: February 13, 2019, 12:25:30 pm »
Been watching Titans on Netflix and it's really good. Not as good as Daredevil or Punisher but definitely up there. Interesting characters and an introduction to the Doom Patrol as well. 5 episodes in so far

Yes, enjoyed it. Good mix of weird concepts and action. Arrow for grown-ups.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3626 on: February 13, 2019, 12:30:46 pm »
Doom patrol starts on Friday.
Seems to be getting some positive reviews too, will check it out on the weekend.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: February 13, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
Yeah titans has been a lot darker than I thought it was gonna be. Good 1st season.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: February 13, 2019, 05:52:42 pm »
Seems to be getting some positive reviews too, will check it out on the weekend.

The Umbrella Academy airs on Friday as well.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: March 7, 2019, 05:06:47 pm »
The Will Smith character from Suicide Squad is being replaced by Dead Shot, with Idris Elba playing him.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/idris-elba-will-smith-deadshot-suicide-squad-sequel-1203154025/

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: March 8, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
I thought Will Smith was Deadshot?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: March 8, 2019, 04:05:22 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3632 on: March 8, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »
Yeah he was.

More interested in the Brightburn (Ultraman?) movie and praying that it's somehow tied into the DC universe because that would be a really nice direction to move into.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3633 on: March 8, 2019, 04:10:31 pm »
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: March 8, 2019, 04:18:16 pm »
Replacing with a "proper" deadshot?

More like an actor who plays characters, not just himself.

I'm not a Smith fan :P

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: March 8, 2019, 04:33:19 pm »
More like an actor who plays characters, not just himself.

I'm not a Smith fan :P

Elba can't play anyone other than a Brit, I'm not looking forward to hearing him maul yet another accent.

(I know he was good in The Wire but that was 20 years ago)

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3636 on: March 9, 2019, 06:22:14 am »
Social media embargo on Shazam! was lifter. Getting really good first reactions
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3637 on: March 9, 2019, 06:23:42 am »
Social media embargo on Shazam! was lifter. Getting really good first reactions

Just came here post that, the early ones are usually good so it's doesn't mean anything yet.

Also sounds like a Marvel movie, reading the between the lines. Yay.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3638 on: March 9, 2019, 07:31:25 am »
Just came here post that, the early ones are usually good so it's doesn't mean anything yet.

Also sounds like a Marvel movie, reading the between the lines. Yay.

Feels like Marvel's gonna struggle after Endgame, especially if a lot of the old guard are moved on one way or another.

Might be DC's time to shine, finally.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3639 on: March 9, 2019, 08:32:08 am »
Feels like Marvel's gonna struggle after Endgame, especially if a lot of the old guard are moved on one way or another.

Might be DC's time to shine, finally.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/idris-elba-will-smith-deadshot-suicide-squad-sequel-1203154025/amp/

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.