Author Topic: Preview: Reading FC v Liverpool FC (Sat 13th April, 3pm)  (Read 19746 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Preview: Reading FC v Liverpool FC (Sat 13th April, 3pm)
« on: April 9, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »

vs 

vs

Reading. Once the mighty Royals slain by Bolton and Swansea in playoff finals. The home of a massive Costco next to the stadium and a QPR look a likey kit that ‘Arry would be proud of. They like managerial change and you’d be forgiven if you thought Steve Coppell had gone there for a second reign but alas it is Mr Nigel Adkins. Not the man of dietary fame and fortune as that is a Mr Atkins but the nice fella who got sacked from Southampton a few months back.

What stands out for me though about this place is its ingenuity and marketing genius. A stroke of brilliance seen throughout the world courtesy of Match of the Day and one that echoes in the deeper, darker but cosy recesses of RAWK. One that even a cynic like me looked at and went “My dear fellow, that is a simply excellent idea – Bravo old chap… Bravo!”.

That chap was my brother in laws x2 by the way and Uncle who came up with the Dominos Pizza to a random seat idea for their business at half time at the Madejski stadium ;D Reading fans got fatter, Marcus Hahnemann became heavier and somewhere along the way their genius became legend. I wonder if that ditzy lion mascot of Reading nicks a slice or two before giving it away! Oh - one of these people is on RAWK ;)

I’m not biased but I do love Dominos! It is often imitated but never bettered ;D

Now the deserved family salute is out of the way let us look at what we face. Reading are in the deep doodah. They need to win to keep the slimmest of survival hopes alive and we need to win to keep the slimmest of Europe hopes alive. In this dog eat pizza world only one will triumph. A draw is not an option. Nigel knows this as does Brendan so what will follow in the 90 mins on Saturday will be a very open and very direct affair. We weren’t scintillating against the Hammers and faced an opposition without a desire to try and do anything. This won’t be the same. It can’t be. Having lost 8 on the trot Reading will want to be chomping at the bit to win a match

So is it inevitable we’ll lose? Dead certs and us don’t go hand in hand but then given the way the first 2 days of the week have gone it should be a foregone conclusion that we’ll win. Mentally I just hope the 11 on the field don’t view it as such and passionately destroy the last whimper of Reading’s survival hopes. It’s cruel. It’s not nice and many Royals will cry further into the night but it may mean that the traffic getting in and out of the Madejski gets fractionally better. I mean people got wholesale bargains to get… have a heart! Have you seen the tellys at Costco recently?!

Threats? Well some have been made, I’m not gonna lie. Facebook, Twitter, newspaper threads. Many a red has been accused thus far of not having a heart for celebrations and so on and so forth and not considering Mark/Carol. They’re devastated I’m sure ;D Match wise from Reading there may be a few made by some fans about how great they are but on the pitch it doesn’t look likely. Le Fondre is not looking so fond of scoring and from our side well we have plenty when it clicks. The frustration of the Hammers match was that if just one move clicked it could have been a very different story. It didn’t and it won’t do. Hopefully the players and management alike know this and they cap off the week with a 3rd bit of good news for us all.

Oh and our manager did spend 6 months odd there. Don’t think he liked the coffee but the pizzas went down a treat!

Mascots. Now Kingsley the Lion has apparently been sent off in his history. This shocked me. Have we found a match for Mighty Red finally?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2007/04/30/kingsley_sent_off_feature.shtml

On second thoughts, maybe not ;D

Reading and drops do happen a fair few times. They hate playoffs (as we’ve seen as they’ve never won them to return to the Premiership) so if they do go down they more than likely will need to win the Championship to come back.

Roll on Saturday. The minutes silence for our lost but not forgotten 96 will be deafening in many ways as it echoes the justice we have so long awaited. The truth is out. Now lets get the bastards too

As with all our previews, please note that RAWK will mute anyone posting just a formation in a Preview thread until the day after the match is over. This is to improve the quality of preview replies. Formations posted alongside rational comments and debate are exempt. Thanks, RAWK

Oh yeah in case you forget

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:06:17 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Preview: Reading FC v Liverpool FC (Sat 13th April, 3pm)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »
lovely.
Yep.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »
Superb as usual  :)

We pay our respect to those who deserve it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304831.0

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Reading blah fucking blah. Nigel Adkins blah fucking blah. Suarez behind Sturridge blah fucking blah. More important things out there right now and signing this petition is it.

Get on it and sign it NOW before you bore us all with your expert knowledge of formations and systems and the inside leg measurements of some stupid rich bastard who kicks a fucking football or manages a team for a living.

YOU can make a difference. We got this fuckers honorary doctorate stripped off him. Now it's the knighthood we're going after and we can do it with your help. This is the most important thing you can do right now, so don't delay, sign the fucking thing today.

You've got no excuse now, so stop being a selfish bastard and pull your finger out. NOW.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »
Signed already and momentum is happening, thankfully.
This match though; can't possibly be as dull as last weeks can it?. Surely they cannot afford to park the bus.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
Preview: Reading FC v Liverpool FC (Sat 13th April, 3pm)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »
Gave a good laugh to start my day, thanks!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:51:39 pm »
Dominos are such rip offs.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »
Reading have all but gone in the relegation fight so I think we're lucky to be playing them now rather than when they had belief plus the fact that they'll still be getting used to a new manager. I think the problem is going to be once again do we start Sturridge or Downing? Downing was ill at the weekend but has now recovered and I think away from home he's a good player to have tracking back and working hard. Personally I felt we should have rested Suarez vs West Ham; he's clearly feeling tired and we could easily have played Sturridge over him. I don't think we can afford not to start Suarez away from home though. Think Rodgers will pick the same side that started vs West Ham and I think we'll see a much improved performance, seems to be the way this season - go from a disappointing display to a good win in the game after.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 05:05:14 pm »
Lets not forget the Southampton game too quickly. They get a sniff of a famous victory and their belief may begin to bubble. A nice professional performance from us and they will lose belief late and then we can turn the screw, but lets earn the right first.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »
Let's have a party

Anyone want to go buy out all these from the official store and bring them down on the train?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:51 pm »
Dominos are such rip offs.

Get out. Get out now. Don't darken my doorstep with such slanderous comments  :o

ps - where? Reading/Wolves rock and make the best Dominos full stop

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 08:24:42 pm »
Get out. Get out now. Don't darken my doorstep with such slanderous comments  :o

ps - where? Reading/Wolves rock and make the best Dominos full stop
They're too bloody expensive! Although the local one in Liverpool does 4 Large pizzas (any two toppings each) for £20 for students.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »
A lovely little read mate.
Reading are, in my recent times anyway, one of those irksome fucking clubs. Meh, glad they're as good as gone.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »
A lovely little read mate.
Reading are, in my recent times anyway, one of those irksome fucking clubs. Meh, glad they're as good as gone.

Just hoping Newcastle or Villa join them (apologies to those offended by this comment. In this sensitive age even Thatcher gets people riled for the wrong reason...people try to defend her like!)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:06:01 pm by Harinder »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 10:03:34 pm »
Huge game for Reading - a lot bigger than for us.

They are fragile but desperate for a win. We've done well against a lot of dross this season and Reading are as bad as anybody.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »
Huge game for Reading - a lot bigger than for us.

They are fragile but desperate for a win. We've done well against a lot of dross this season and Reading are as bad as anybody.

I think they will be extremely nervous, they seem lost out there. On the other hand, our defending will encourage them.

Still see this as a win for us, Suarez to finally score, a hat trick! Eriksen instead of hendo in this one, and play downing out wide to bring in the balance.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 10:17:39 pm »
Thanks mate big game for us this one.  Fancy us to get a result here win by a couple of goals.

Also that Reading mascot looks a bit dodgy. Mighty Red will have to keep an eye out for him.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:17 pm »
Thanks mate big game for us this one.  Fancy us to get a result here win by a couple of goals.

Also that Reading mascot looks a bit dodgy. Mighty Red will have to keep an eye out for him.

He's a pussy cat

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:55 am »
A preview of what Reading - how they have done and what we might see on the day

Average pitch position of Reading players vs Southampton in last home game

Reading could be susceptible to neat play around their box - the type of game Coutinho, Gerrard and Suarez like to play

More analysis here: http://roryfitz9.webnode.com/news/reading-vs-liverpool/

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:15 pm »
Come On Redmen!
Hope all passes off well for 96 before match and team show more composure round penalty box than they did on Sunday.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »
Early goal and we should win by 2 or 3. 0-0 at half time and they will get into the game more, still cant see us losing or drawing.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 07:45:30 pm »
3-2 to ourselves.
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Coutistar

• Sugar-coated to hide his monstrous intellect
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 09:31:37 am »
Reading have already surrendered in relegation fight. This should be easy-pissy. 4-1 to the redmen!

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 01:22:28 pm »
Reading have already surrendered in relegation fight. This should be easy-pissy. 4-1 to the redmen!

Ah Christ he's jinxed it!!  :butt
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »
They've lost the last 7, so the typical thing to happen would be for us to help them end that run

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »
It'll be interesting to see if Sturridge is back in the line up this weekend.

SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »
Learn new things about other clubs all the time. I love Dominos too.

I think this will be a high tempo game as Reading will come out with pace to make the most of the home advantage. Could be end to end stuff. This will suit our style and expect Suarez & Coutinho to run riot.
Doubters to Believers

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »
Anyone know how reliable the bus from the train station is?

I do expect this to be a comfortable win, really. We have the tactics and players to deal with anything they throw at us, the lads just have to put in a shift and the rest will take care of itself.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »
They're absolute wank to be honest.

If we don't beat these I will be very, very disappointed.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »
Should be a fairly comfortable win. They're a fairly simple side to break down and they give you lots of chances. We just need to be patient on the ball, keep circulating it and pushing them back and our mobility and quality in the final third should be enough to get the win.

I think if we actually stick to our plan against West Ham, we should win comfortably. Play Suarez up front, either with Sturridge or on his own, have him position himself between the lines to pull a centre back out and then have players from the second line running into the space behind. Our combination play and movement between the lines is easily enough to defeat their defensive block.

I'm going to go with 4-0 to us.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

simple but true.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

Jinxed it!

Offline WraithXx

• LinguistiCc PedanTt. Ass Man fan. IN PONTO PERDITUS
  • Legacy Fan
  • veritas aequitas
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:57 pm »
They've lost the last 7, so the typical thing to happen would be for us to help them end that run

this

and this

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­
LIVERPOOL F.C
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 03:13:19 pm »
Should be a fairly comfortable win. They're a fairly simple side to break down and they give you lots of chances. We just need to be patient on the ball, keep circulating it and pushing them back and our mobility and quality in the final third should be enough to get the win.

I think if we actually stick to our plan against West Ham, we should win comfortably. Play Suarez up front, either with Sturridge or on his own, have him position himself between the lines to pull a centre back out and then have players from the second line running into the space behind. Our combination play and movement between the lines is easily enough to defeat their defensive block.

I'm going to go with 4-0 to us.

Exactly this. We might even see Johnson get in for a decent shot at some point, if he makes the right run.

Although they have a new manager, he hasn't been there long enough to break their attacking habits, so they'll probably play to what they know. Their most consistent pattern of play is a long ball from the left back, either diagonally or into the left channel, and then they attack from the right with either crosses (for the diagonal ball) or 3rd attacker runs from the right. For this, they'll probably play Pogrebnyak. Given this, it's likely that Downing will play on the right side, as he can shut that pass off (whether it's Kelly, Shorey or Harte making the pass), which means either Luis up front with Coutinho left and Sturridge on the bench, or Coutinho in midfield, Sturridge on the right and Luis floating from the left to the centre.

They are, however, capable of scoring - either if Harte is on the field to take direct free kicks, or if LeFondre gets any minutes, as he's quite an accurate finisher with a good touch. If we can keep them to less than 3 shots on target, then they will find it hard to score, but we should certainly do better than the 1-0 from earlier in the season. Last week we faced one of the better goalkeepers in the league in Jaaskeleinen, but against Reading we should, if we keep to our standard of almost 20 shots per game, breach the Reading goal more than once.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline vietliv

• Audio/video star
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vietmoment
    • Liverpool FC Vietnam Community

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 03:29:45 pm »
these are fucking shite, we'll smash them.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »
these are fucking shite, we'll smash them.

:butt

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »
:butt

::)

Nothing wrong with what he said, they are shite and we'll smash them.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »
::)

Nothing wrong with what he said, they are shite and we'll smash them.

Confidence is great, however we have seen hundreds of times how easily we can be beaten by teams when we approach with this attitude. I hope the players don't think the same as you

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »
will be interesting to see what happens tommorow and whether our lads are up for the remaining games

i thought last week against west ham we lacked urgency