Author Topic: Golf Betting Thread  (Read 228552 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Golf Betting Thread
« Reply #3880 on: July 12, 2019, 12:25:26 pm »
be great if a brother won it one year after another (British open)

Don't think Eddie is quite yet there but we know he's got game in his locker.

Not sure if he's playing the Open as it stands to be honest?  If he wins this Scottish Open I'm sure he gets a place.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #3881 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:31 pm »
Don't think Eddie is quite yet there but we know he's got game in his locker.

Not sure if he's playing the Open as it stands to be honest?  If he wins this Scottish Open I'm sure he gets a place.

Think his open record is fairly poor overall anyway? Did notice his very quiet top 10 in lahinch last week though.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3882 on: July 12, 2019, 02:21:37 pm »
Think his open record is fairly poor overall anyway? Did notice his very quiet top 10 in lahinch last week though.

Seen this before Bryan many times

Naturally gifted golfers like E Molinari go off the radar for ages then suddenly something clicks.  Lifestyle changes, new caddy, new equipment, coaching changes..whatever.

You just start seeing their names cropping up at the top of leaderboards again even If just for a couple of rounds.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3883 on: July 12, 2019, 03:44:25 pm »
has there ever been a more obscure winner than Todd Hamilton

i know there was a few upsets over time but I literally remember him doing nothing else ever. He was never even on a ryder cup team or anything.

And thats one year (2004) never mentioned ever.

he must have been massive odds.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3884 on: July 12, 2019, 04:25:58 pm »
Todd Hamilton was 400/1.  I know this because I backed him.  He was really showing promise on the US Tour at the time and putting together good results in 2004 and won the Honda Classic on the PGA tour.  Obviously doing it in the Open was another matter, hence the price.

My post from 2011 from the 'whats the most you've made on a bet' thread.

Both Bets made in 2004

Woody Austin on the US PGA Tour and Todd Hamilton in the British Open.

both were between 300/400-1 - split with my golf betting mate we got about a grand odd each both times.

6 1/2 years since a monster win :'(

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3885 on: July 14, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »
Brilliant
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3886 on: August 16, 2019, 04:43:51 pm »
I notice Eduardo Molinari's name is again starting to feature week after week on the European Tour.  He went through a terrible patch and seems to be coming out the other side.  Joint leader after the first round in the Scottish Open ATM.  Not saying he will win it but the guy is finding his form.

He needs to start stringing 4 good rounds together and he will win one no doubt about it.

One to keep an eye on in the future at big prices.  Unless he wins this week of course.

Just had a few quid at 48/1 to win this week just in case.

Top of the leader-board very close to the half way stage. First week in ages I've not backed him

If he doesn't win this week he isn't far off.