Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
It's not a good season when you're leading the title  race  and throw it away without a fight.
People can lie to themselves all they want but this is not a good season.
It was in the players  hands and they threw it away.
This on the players.
They should be  ashamed but I expect their big wage packets will comfort them.
In time, when we look back with more rationale and less emotion I think we'll be more at peace with this season.

We were never in the driving seat regarding the title. It was always very close. One for the three were going to blink first. Sadly, it was us. All said and done, though, third is our level this term. Arsenal and 115* just have a little bit more. A bit more clinical. Currently, a lot more confidence.

We're in a transitional period and have learned mid season that we are losing the world's best manager. Expectations weren't high at the start of the season either. A trophy and a top three finish would have been seen as good progress.

I agree that it's sad how it's panning out now. Expectations did rise as the season went on because we were right up there. That promise, then its demise is why everyone feels so deflated today. I didn't even recognise us against Atalanta or last night. We've run out of steam and ideas all at the same time. Even poor opposition like Man United and Everton can smell the blood in the water.

I'd agree that attitude has been poor recently. The complacency against Atalanta was mind boggling. The fight has been missing too. It's all very confusing and emotional, but the record books will still show a trophy on the shelf and a CL qualification earned.

We don't always get what we want, but we'll have still progressed on last season when it comes to cold, hard achievement.
So, the plan at the moment is to shift the idea of the state looking after you, to the state actively wanting to force you to work (The American model again)

Decisions for signing people off, for instance, would be taken from a body that wants you to be well, that wants you to get better and wants to support you and wants to move those medical decisions about your welfare to a body that is employed to save money for the government. They don't care if you're well, they just want you to work or die. They don't want to support you and they absolutely don't want anything but what is 'good' for the economy and the state.

The American model again. Which is the same terminology used by many Tories - including the book that was written about privatising the NHS and moving to the American model.

I said years and years ago that this whole idea of the Tories, Brexit and their assault on Human Rights and other elements is the UK becoming a mini-me USA where we have no rights, we have no NHS (Except for an insurance model which doesn't allow you to be insured if you need it) and we are all forced to work until we die while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Sick people, disabled people, people with mental health issues are not going to be cared about in the slightest and the Tories would rather they work til they die or just die.

That's actually evil.

But Labour are the same as the Tories. Right. Ok.

Or, as per Rishi over a year ago, the UK's modern slavery system - https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1633158789103747072?lang=en

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Andar on Today at 11:17:10 am »
I hope Slot picks the RB based on quality alone and not the name. If he does then Bradley deserves to be the RB next season.

It is then up to Trent to find that hunger he had for defending when he first came into the team in 2017. That fresh faced boy was hungry and defended every action with all his heart. No airs and graces but as time has gone on, that has changed.

Quite sad to see that fire inside him not present anymore. It's been like this for a few years now. The intensity Bradley defends with is what Trent used to be. At what point did he decide he was above giving that sort of intensity towards defending? For the first few years it certainly wasn't an issue.

And he shouldn't be moved to CM because the same issues will be apparent in the middle.

He also needs to tone down the Hollywood balls. Think he's been watching too many compilations of Gerrard. One or two otherworldly passes in a game doesn't make a performance and then mean that you can neglect the rest of your game. The same applied for Gerrard and the same applies to him.

He needs to have a word with himself and find the hunger he had within himself when he first came into the team as a young boy. If he can't remember too well then he can look close by at Bradley and remind himself of what he used to be. Bradley would also be wise to look at Trent and take a note of how to never end up with such a mighty opinion of yourself that defending with all your heart isn't a prerequisite anymore.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by Libertine on Today at 11:16:59 am »
Very sensible policy, and "free" as well which helps. Was quite handy that all of the remaining franchise contracts are due to expire in the next 5 years.

Putting an end to the rail privatisation farce is the easy part though. The hard part is getting it to a 21st century European-level service without increasing (and ideally reducing) ticket prices. I imagine they will also need to be tough on the special interests involved in this.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Lisan Al Gaib on Today at 11:16:50 am »
A couple of years ago, or maybe even last year, I wouldn't have dreamt about saying this or even thinking it but I wouldn't be upset if he did get sold in the summer. There's been a massive drop off in his ability the last few months.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 11:16:46 am »
I have said before that we are still a little bit short of top quality. I had us finishing 3rd or at best 2nd at the start of the season and I have been consistent in my opinions of the squad, its strengths and its limitations. Overall I am happy with the season and feel we have met expectations. Now its about taking the next step and if I hear stuff around minimal incomings or focus being on contracts then ill scream.
That's the crux of it. This squad is more than good enough for the top 4/5 but there are some players that are either not good enough/don't have the mentality to deal with the pressure that comes with competing for big trophies.

Edwards has his work cut out.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 11:16:33 am »
Problem is, he's a precious little soul. So unless you make him your main man, his confidence will be shot to the point there's no use in having him around otherwise. I'd honestly cut our losses on him. It's just not happening for the level we aim to be at.

I don't think the mentality/mental strength is there with him. Writing was on the wall from that ridiculous red card on his home debut.  Suarez was also too much of a loose cannon, but he always did the business on the pitch.

He lacks game intelligence as well. In two years he still hasn't learned the offside rule. Post-VAR you're never getting away with being offside all the time.

I wouldn't write him off altogether, but he'll have to quickly impress the new man.
Watching some of Jurgens interviews, especially before the derby he seemed like someone who was ready to go on holiday. We’ve all been there in work and as the holidays get closer things slow down and everything becomes a bit more harder that it was and small things become magnified. He hasn’t got his mojo at the moment and I think that has translated to the players. I still love him for everything he has done for the club and how he transformed the place so I’m not having a go. Just an opinion guys.

Lets be honest, the club havent helped him. Firstly he has had to do on the transfer side due to our inability to sort that structure out. Could argue that he wanted that power but nevertheless. Also he does all the media stuff and its all on him.

Add to that he has had to do a lot of managing this season what with the injuries, subs, coming back from losing positions.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by filopastry on Today at 11:15:41 am »
They don't have a choice on that. The public is lukewarm on the EU, thanks to the hysterical rantings of the right wing press. The EU will remain political quicksand for the foreseeable future, so of course Labour isn't going to poke the bear. Rebuilding the public's trust on the matter is going to take years, and Labour can't do that in opposition.

To be brutally honest the EU is showing little enthusiasm for any kind of renegotiation with the UK at present as well
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Last post by LallanaInPyjamas on Today at 11:15:23 am »
His confidence is shot, playing one week, getting dropped, injured, not playing well, injured again, back in team, dropped again and then brought back.

While he has to take some responsibility for that, so does the manager. His usage of Konate/Quansah all season has been weird and I think it's clearly had a negative impact on a) our second best defender when he is fit and firing and b) the defensive unit as a collective.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10