Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 536001 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9640 on: April 13, 2024, 10:38:22 am »
Fair play to those at Old Trafford for the U21s game - Manchester United v Liverpool.

The minutes silence was impeccably observed.

It was a good tribute and a wonderful game as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #9641 on: April 13, 2024, 06:39:32 pm »
Great that they've decided to throw one in today.

Gobshites

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9642 on: April 13, 2024, 06:45:10 pm »

Gobshites

It’s not like they played well last week. If we’d gone 2 up we probably would have wiped the floor with them. Freak goal out of nothing changed the game. Shite but it’s done now.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9643 on: April 13, 2024, 06:47:51 pm »

Gobshites

They were woeful last week until we gifted them a way back in.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9644 on: April 13, 2024, 09:38:30 pm »
https://twitter.com/UtdFaithfuls/status/1779239771400782326

The biggest soap opera is at it again. Garnacho not happy with Ten Hag it seems... and vice versa.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9645 on: April 13, 2024, 09:50:16 pm »
The United penalty award was simply ridiculous. The game is becoming a farce.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9646 on: April 13, 2024, 10:08:30 pm »
The United penalty award was simply ridiculous. The game is becoming a farce.

I agree with the second part, it seems worse now than ever before. However, Man Utd benefitting from ridiculous decisions has been going on forever.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9647 on: April 13, 2024, 10:18:32 pm »
I agree with the second part, it seems worse now than ever before. However, Man Utd benefitting from ridiculous decisions has been going on forever.

Luckily the official's sense of pride and desire to be the best they can be rules out any bias, Yorky™.

I look forward to variance equalling itself out and United having a solid 30 years of decisions inexplicably going against them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9648 on: April 14, 2024, 12:03:49 am »
It was a perfectly cromulent decision, if you want to make it as a premier league defender you need to show a bit of commitment and get your arms amputated.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9649 on: April 14, 2024, 12:27:38 am »
How did the world’s best midfielder get on today?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9650 on: April 14, 2024, 12:41:30 am »
How did the world’s best midfielder get on today?

You mean Kobbie 'better than Makalele' Mainoo?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #9651 on: April 14, 2024, 12:52:16 am »
You mean Kobbie 'better than Makalele' Mainoo?
That’s the boy.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #9652 on: April 14, 2024, 09:56:41 am »
I dont think I've ever seen a team so lucky to have this many points in a season, theyve ended up winning so many games against poor teams in injury time in matches they didnt deserve to win.

Even the last few games I can remember off the top of my head they've been absolutely battered in - Brentford, Liverpool, Bournemouth, and they've somehow lost none of those games.

32 games into a season and the most expensively assembled squad of players in world football history have got a negative goal difference, its fucking insane how lucky they have been.  The only positive is that they are now sat in the Europa Conference place, it would be fantastic if they were to play in that next season.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9653 on: April 14, 2024, 10:40:32 am »
-1 goal difference FC

Brighton have a better goal difference and they are 10th

I'm beginning to think 7 Haag has some incriminating photos of the Glazers at this stage and he's using it against them to keep his job  :lmao
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:50:25 am by Mister Flip Flop »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9654 on: April 14, 2024, 11:11:31 am »
who is their #53 in defense? Good God, he is atrocious.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9655 on: April 14, 2024, 11:13:52 am »
If they lose the FA Cup final do they get Europa next season if opponent has already qualified for CL?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9656 on: April 14, 2024, 11:32:22 am »
Their league position flatters them so much it’s unreal.

Absolutely farcical decision making yesterday. It will never change with them.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9657 on: April 14, 2024, 11:43:17 am »
225 - Manchester United have faced more shots than any other side in Europe's big-five leagues in 2024 (225). [OptaJoe]

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/1bw0oti/225_manchester_united_have_faced_more_shots_than/    :o

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9658 on: April 14, 2024, 11:46:56 am »
I dont think I've ever seen a team so lucky to have this many points in a season, theyve ended up winning so many games against poor teams in injury time in matches they didnt deserve to win.

Even the last few games I can remember off the top of my head they've been absolutely battered in - Brentford, Liverpool, Bournemouth, and they've somehow lost none of those games.

32 games into a season and the most expensively assembled squad of players in world football history have got a negative goal difference, its fucking insane how lucky they have been.  The only positive is that they are now sat in the Europa Conference place, it would be fantastic if they were to play in that next season.

I've given up saying that after saying it in the Ole season when they finished 2nd. They were outplayed every game yet broke the record for number of consecutive away wins in the Premier League and got a penalty literally every game until Klopp spoke up about it, then miraculously it stopped. I also said it in 21/22 when they were genuinely terrible every single week (we beat them 5-0 and 4-0) and sacked two managers because they were getting hammered every game,  and were playing that badly, yet somehow spent the whole season in 6th place.

They've been massively propped up by refereees, VAR and spawn in recent years, but ultimately it gives them a false sense of security as to how bad a team they are. They should have been with Chelsea in mid table last few years. Even winning the League Cup last season with the easiest draw going.

In what's been our best spell in the PL these have been terrible yet somehow finished above us 3 out the last 6 years.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:51:32 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9659 on: April 14, 2024, 12:16:00 pm »

They remind me of a budget version of Real Madrid a few seasons ago. They might get outplayed but they are more efficient and clinical than most teams in the final third and that directly impacts the result. It's not luck at this point.

It's like a bet that they have enough to outscore inefficient teams. However, the ceiling of that strategy tends to be low and that's why they've only won 1 League Cup in 7/8 years.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 12:38:15 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9660 on: April 14, 2024, 12:23:57 pm »
They remind me of a budget version of Real Madrid a few seasons ago. They might get outplayed but they are more efficient and clinical than most teams in the final and that directly impacts the result. It's not luck at this point.

It's like a bet that they have enough to outscore inefficient teams. However, the ceiling of that strategy tends to be low and that's why they've only won 1 League Cup in 7/8 years.

This is precisely it. They play like and have the back 6 of a shit lower table team, but they have players like Fernandes that can score with that one chance they get. They also draw a lot of teams on to them, intentionally or not, and then cause panic when they attack which leads to penalties when combined with a heavy dose of play-acting.

They can't really hammer anyone and are susceptible to the odd hammering (just like a lower table team) which is reflected in their goal difference.

They really are an advert for how much you can achieve with fast, expensive forwards.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9661 on: April 14, 2024, 01:27:39 pm »
225 - Manchester United have faced more shots than any other side in Europe's big-five leagues in 2024 (225). [OptaJoe]

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/1bw0oti/225_manchester_united_have_faced_more_shots_than/    :o

Their keeper must be unbelievable.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.