Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 200650 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2022, 05:30:11 pm »
uproar from who though? The point of them not counting was so people didn't have to travel, but now they can travel for the final using their 2018/19 aways? Doesn't make sense. They also can see who has what credits and all the numbers

uproar from whatever side loses out  ;D. ultimately the selling notices did promise one thing but i also don't think it's right that people could've missed all the aways and suddenly auto qualify because of 19/20.

Villarreal counting will save a lot of hassle to the ticket office, even if it's a small allocation.

Or one away from this season + one from 19/20 even.

anyway, plenty time to go.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2022, 05:31:22 pm »
uproar from whatever side loses out  ;D. ultimately the selling notices did promise one thing but i also don't think it's right that people could've missed all the aways and suddenly auto qualify because of 19/20.

Villarreal counting will save a lot of hassle to the ticket office, even if it's a small allocation.

anyway, plenty time to go.
yeah agreed on all points, think counting any aways this year would probably be the fairest and affect the least people

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2022, 05:31:56 pm »
yeah agreed on all points, think counting any aways this year would probably be the fairest and affect the least people

now the uproar is from me, the person who bought on someone elses' card  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2022, 05:39:02 pm »
uproar from who though? The point of them not counting was so people didn't have to travel, but now they can travel for the final using their 2018/19 aways? Doesn't make sense. They also can see who has what credits and all the numbers
Won’t happen, legal point no 1, tell everyone it won’t count and change mind, loose! Simples.
Possibly the semi may count, I agree with the above bloodbath comment in an attempt for that game if so.
Personally I feel they will continue with the 19/20 away credits, just gonna have to bring in the 19/20 homes as it’s never been one away, it’s been 7!
Maybe they will use the 5k freebie’s to appease past away credits??
Still guess work, but semi details will paint the picture!

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
Bollocks, never counted it’s been written, semi maybe different thought. If that’s the case the long term awayers will remove any chance of this dropping at all. Bayern may have been different!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2022, 05:44:50 pm »
Won’t happen, legal point no 1, tell everyone it won’t count and change mind, loose! Simples.
Possibly the semi may count, I agree with the above bloodbath comment in an attempt for that game if so.
Personally I feel they will continue with the 19/20 away credits, just gonna have to bring in the 19/20 homes as it’s never been one away, it’s been 7!
Maybe they will use the 5k freebie’s to appease past away credits??
Still guess work, but semi details will paint the picture!
not sure how much legal basis the selling notice has I'm sure they have probably covered themselves legally if they were to change their minds,  I don't see them using 19/20 homes that makes absolutely no sense

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2022, 05:45:36 pm »
The club have said it on numerous occasions on every single announcement that credits for THIS season will not count towards next season OR THIS Season. The ramifications if they went back on their word would be huge as some fans have not traveled due to their health issues that LFC have promised that this would not count. - Potentially breaking false advertising regulation if they did too.

This is also is the same unless they somehow use Villarreal as a credit which I can't see due to the restrictions in Spain.

They will likely use One game from 18/19 and 19/20 (If you've got Barcelona away or Atletico away you should be sorted)

They could also just throw ACS in a separate ballot for all home games.

Let's also get there first.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 05:45:37 pm »
Bollocks, never counted it’s been written, semi maybe different thought. If that’s the case the long term awayers will remove any chance of this dropping at all. Bayern may have been different!
but long term awayers who didn't buy all season can all of sudden travel for the final? Very convenient if so

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2022, 05:46:20 pm »
The club have said it on numerous occasions on every single announcement that credits for THIS season will not count towards next season OR THIS Season. The ramifications if they went back on their word would be huge as some fans have not traveled due to their health issues that LFC have promised that this would not count.

This is also is the same unless they somehow use Villarreal as a credit which I can't see due to the restrictions in Spain.

They will likely use One game from 18/19 and 19/20 (If you've got Barcelona or Atletico you should be sorted)

They could also just throw ACS in a separate ballot for all home games.

Let's also get there first.
health issues don't matter if we to the final I assume? Ballot for all homes is clearly the fariest way really

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2022, 05:58:34 pm »
If there gonna use 19/20 aways (which i don't agree at all that its right anyone who hasnt gone any this season can now just decide they want a final ticket) then they should be going back a lot further on the european homes as well even if its just to get the ballot numbers down. Its getting to a point now for these semi's and finals with there not being enough tickets that we should really be using all competitions to qualify for these things, finals especially. A couple of games in one competition should not be enough for a ballot entry, those who go to more games over multiple seasons should be being rewarded the most. If it needs a point system and a overhaul for it so be it.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2022, 05:59:43 pm »
If there gonna use 19/20 aways (which i don't agree at all that its right anyone who hasnt gone any this season can now just decide they want a final ticket) then they should be going back a lot further on the european homes as well even if its just to get the ballot numbers down. Its getting to a point now for these semi's and finals with there not being enough tickets that we should really be using all competitions to qualify for these things, finals especially. A couple of games in one competition should not be enough for a ballot entry, those who go to more games over multiple seasons should be being rewarded the most. If it needs a point system and a overhaul for it so be it.
system does need a big overhaul yes but that's not gonna come in time for this

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2022, 06:02:31 pm »

Agreed. This is why I said I reckon they'll go 18/19 too, Maybe 17/18, 2/3 guarantees you a ticket from Roma, Barcelona and Atletico perhaps.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2022, 06:02:47 pm »
People who’ve been this season and don’t have previous credits only got chance to go because the club said credits don’t count.

I haven’t been any away this season, but have the likes of Bordeaux and Besikas when barely anyone could be arsed because we were shite.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 06:05:42 pm »
People who’ve been this season and don’t have previous credits only got chance to go because the club said credits don’t count.

I haven’t been any away this season, but have the likes of Bordeaux and Besikas when barely anyone could be arsed because we were shite.
but shows people are only buying for the credits and not because they actually go

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2022, 06:07:51 pm »
system does need a big overhaul yes but that's not gonna come in time for this
Probably right, but let’s be honest, anyone who got a first euro away this year was because the credit didn’t count. It’s been clearly written, they cannot go back on that.
I’ve know loads who couldn’t be arsed with the pre/post travel tests, they are not there now, that’s why the semi will be back to the closed shop.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2022, 06:11:14 pm »
Probably right, but let’s be honest, anyone who got a first euro away this year was because the credit didn’t count. It’s been clearly written, they cannot go back on that.
I’ve know loads who couldn’t be arsed with the pre/post travel tests, they are not there now, that’s why the semi will be back to the closed shop.
yeah loads couldn't be arsed travelling but they can get a final ticket over those who did? That's why everyone with 6 homes in the ballot is the fairest

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2022, 06:15:16 pm »
yeah loads couldn't be arsed travelling but they can get a final ticket over those who did? That's why everyone with 6 homes in the ballot is the fairest
I’m afraid they were the rules. I’m sorted if we get there as plenty of years of aways and this. I’ve plenty of mates who haven’t so far traveled this season, so if semi qualifies, that’s the shop closing again.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2022, 06:20:55 pm »
This season has shown for a lot of games the people who wana go for the love of it. I’ve spent a fortune this season going to 13 games knowing they will count for fuck all. Would love at the  very least a chance in the final ballot. Before going back to next year not on Euro ladder and a 3 credit membership and a struggle to pick up odd games on late availability. Been the year of my life and made up for having to stay in Scotland.
YNWA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2022, 06:28:01 pm »
Trying to predict what our ticket office will do is an exercise in futility.

Somebody will randomly decide 5 minutes before they put a sales announcement.

Just grab a beer and enjoy the sun instead, don't waste your time applying logic to LFC ticket office.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2022, 06:30:37 pm »
Trying to predict what our ticket office will do is an exercise in futility.

Somebody will randomly decide 5 minutes before they put a sales announcement.

Just grab a beer and enjoy the sun instead, don't waste your time applying logic to LFC ticket office.
pretty much

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2022, 06:47:48 pm »
but shows people are only buying for the credits and not because they actually go

you're right, but despite the selling notices i know a few that bought Inter and Benfica just 'in case' too. credit hoarding across the board needs to be stopped. i understand why people do it, but it just makes these things infinitely more tricky for everyone.

a ballot of all homes as you say makes sense - but also think there's probably way more people with all homes this season as it's been a lot easier.
YNWA.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2022, 06:49:34 pm »

Just to be clear - you think it’s fairer for the people who’ve been to every euro away for ten years to go in the ballot because it gives you a better chance?
Long live the King

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2022, 07:00:57 pm »

I don’t see anything wrong at all with rewarding on a competition by competition basis. It rewards loyalty whilst also allowing people to feel apart of something even if they can’t afford to attend all the competitions. If you go regularly in the Champions league you get rewarded in the Champions league, if you go regularly in the Premier League you can get your rewards there etc.

I go to league and champions league games but it would be a nonsense if I got a League Cup final ticket over someone who did 3/4 unattractive midweek games because I had more ‘points’ when I rarely if ever go in the domestic cups.

At the end of the day we all have different ideas of how it could work but the issue here are the allocations and occasionally the stadium choices. If they picked 80,000 seater stadiums and gave us 30,000 each as they should, the majority of people wanting to go would get sorted.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 07:02:45 pm by Strummer77 »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2022, 07:08:14 pm »
you're right, but despite the selling notices i know a few that bought Inter and Benfica just 'in case' too. credit hoarding across the board needs to be stopped. i understand why people do it, but it just makes these things infinitely more tricky for everyone.

a ballot of all homes as you say makes sense - but also think there's probably way more people with all homes this season as it's been a lot easier.
And what about the people that have either been to all, or at least the vast majority of euro aways for years? still ok to put them in the same pot as those with just 6 homes?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 07:09:54 pm by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2022, 07:08:25 pm »

yeah agreed

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2022, 07:09:28 pm »
Just to be clear - you think it’s fairer for the people who’ve been to every euro away for ten years to go in the ballot because it gives you a better chance?
you think it's fair that people who haven't been to a game in 3 years get a guaranteed ticket to the final? That's not fair either, in reality none of it's fair, the club should've done the same as the did for the LC and FAC, aways count for this year only

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2022, 07:10:21 pm »
And what about the people that have either been to all, or at least the vast majority of euro aways for years? still ok to put them in the same pot as those with just 6 homes?
vast majority will have one from 21/22 so that's why it's probably fine to use it even though they said they wouldn't

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2022, 07:15:26 pm »
vast majority will have one from 21/22 so that's why it's probably fine to use it even though they said they wouldn't
I don't think that even our TO would stoop so low as to go back on their word re. none of the 5 euro aways so far counting this season but no way is it right to potentially put someone that hasn't missed a match in years, home or away, into a ballot with someone that has only ever been to euro home matches.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2022, 07:19:53 pm »
you think it's fair that people who haven't been to a game in 3 years get a guaranteed ticket to the final? That's not fair either, in reality none of it's fair, the club should've done the same as the did for the LC and FAC, aways count for this year only
Come on, they would need the six homes, if they hadn’t been a game for 3 years they won’t be anywhere near qualifying, and rightfully.
This is the issue the club faces, it’s never been one away that season get a final, it’s always been 7 of 12, never one away! If you did five aways and No homes in the past you didn’t get a ballot invite.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2022, 07:22:32 pm »
I don't think that even our TO would stoop so low as to go back on their word re. none of the 5 euro aways so far counting this season but no way is it right to potentially put someone that hasn't missed a match in years, home or away, into a ballot with someone that has only ever been to euro home matches.
not right to reward people who haven't been to away this year over those who have either, anyway if they count Villarreal then it's all moot

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2022, 07:22:58 pm »
Come on, they would need the six homes, if they hadn’t been a game for 3 years they won’t be anywhere near qualifying, and rightfully.
This is the issue the club faces, it’s never been one away that season get a final, it’s always been 7 of 12, never one away! If you did five aways and No homes in the past you didn’t get a ballot invite.
in fairness you could have all 6 homes but not have been to any of them too

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2022, 07:24:33 pm »
this thread is brilliant.  The Club won't go back on anything they have said, they will make sure it is right, everyone will still moan and bitch about it.

Lets get there and then worry.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2022, 07:25:04 pm »
Wrong, they can’t set rules and change them. Simples (again).
Out of interest did you get a first euro away this year?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2022, 07:27:43 pm »
Wrong, they can’t set rules and change them. Simples (again).
Out of interest did you get a first euro away this year?
yeah went to 3 group games but I know it won't count and fully expect it not too, I'm just saying the only people affected would be people who couldn't be bothered but now want a final ticket, I don't think that's fair

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2022, 07:31:30 pm »
this thread is brilliant.  The Club won't go back on anything they have said, they will make sure it is right, everyone will still moan and bitch about it.

Lets get there and then worry.
This

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2022, 07:41:18 pm »
yeah went to 3 group games but I know it won't count and fully expect it not too, I'm just saying the only people affected would be people who couldn't be bothered but now want a final ticket, I don't think that's fair
Mate look, it's not that people 'couldn't be bothered' - they may have genuinely felt uncomfortable about going due to Covid etc, as the club have explained - some I know who didn't. The last 2 years have been exceptional in that regard. I don't know how the club are going to do it, but you can't just dismiss what's happened in the last two years.....and btw, we have to get there first.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2022, 07:42:51 pm »
Mate look, it's not that people 'couldn't be bothered' - they may have genuinely felt uncomfortable about going due to Covid etc, as the club have explained - some I know who didn't. The last 2 years have been exceptional in that regard. I don't know how the club are going to do it, but you can't just dismiss what's happened in the last two years.....and btw, we have to get there first.
so surely those people won't be going for the final? They shouldn't have a chance to buy a ticket just to pass it on either. The club fucked up massively at the start of the season, if they just count Villarreal then there's no problem is there

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2022, 07:44:14 pm »
i hope the club dont use just all homes cl 2021-22 as criteria, even though they say no credits for the last 5 aways, that would be unfair on those with all the aways cl 2021-22 and no homes.

the club using the covid pandemic as an excuse for not using away credits as dont want people to feel obliged to travel, they should consider overseas supporters who dont want to travel to the UK because of covid issues for the home games then, same concerns with traveling restrictions and the virus, they should'nt use 2021-22 games home or away as credits in the champions league !

they could use the 2019-20 season, thats what they have been doing for this seasons away ticket sales, and even the 2018-19 season could be used as well.

wait and see - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2022, 07:50:43 pm »
i hope the club dont use just all homes cl 2021-22 as criteria, even though they say no credits for the last 5 aways, that would be unfair on those with all the aways cl 2021-22 and no homes.

the club using the covid pandemic as an excuse for not using away credits as dont want people to feel obliged to travel, they should consider overseas supporters who dont want to travel to the UK because of covid issues for the home games then, same concerns with traveling restrictions and the virus, they should'nt use 2021-22 games home or away as credits in the champions league !

they could use the 2019-20 season, thats what they have been doing for this seasons away ticket sales, and even the 2018-19 season could be used as well.

wait and see - ynwa !
That’s a good point, I never gave that any thought?  As I’m in auto cup I don’t know, but have they used the 19/20 season to qualify for homes?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2022, 07:52:45 pm »
so surely those people won't be going for the final? They shouldn't have a chance to buy a ticket just to pass it on either. The club fucked up massively at the start of the season, if they just count Villarreal then there's no problem is there
I don't know whether they will or not - we don't know what criteria the club will use as we're not in a final yet. But, you can't deny we've had a health pandemic which the club, taking the responsible position, have reacted to by issuing the notices that they have.