Author Topic: Glastonbury Festival 2022  (Read 18460 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Glastonbury Festival 2022
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:46 am »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 09:27:45 am by Sudden Death Draft Loser »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2022, 05:07:42 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 11:22:54 am »
^^^ Mik Artistik. Legend.

We saw him in 2008 on an outdoor stage next to croissant neuf: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WErtTQzZfd0

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 11:40:53 am »

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 11:46:31 am »
Park stage good as usual, I'd probably spend most of my time there if I ever went.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 11:50:17 am »
Park stage good as usual, I'd probably spend most of my time there if I ever went.

Yea they do well for a "smaller venue", although for some reason I can't figure I don't really like their stage and vibe. Still watch acts there though.

For me the best stage for consistently having a very good line-up is West Holts (haven't released this years yet). It also IMO has by far the best acoustics and vibe of the big stages. 

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2022, 03:01:53 pm »
Yea they do well for a "smaller venue", although for some reason I can't figure I don't really like their stage and vibe. Still watch acts there though.

For me the best stage for consistently having a very good line-up is West Holts (haven't released this years yet). It also IMO has by far the best acoustics and vibe of the big stages. 

The Park and West Holts are my two favorite stages and where I spend most of my time, other than the South East Corner and probably Arcadia this year. I enjoy the different vibes of both of them, Park feels very intimate due to not having screens and has loads of cool venues around it whilst West Holts has great food and bars and the sound is always unreal. Looking forward to the West Holts drop. Should be early next week.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2022, 03:14:35 pm »
Looking forward to the West Holts drop. Should be early next week.

Little Simz is one of the headliners, beyond that no idea.

Shame that the Pet Shop Boys are on the Other Stage, they're a perfect West Holts act.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2022, 11:37:26 am »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2022, 12:48:42 pm »

Those 3 main acts for Sat are epic. Caribou to repeat their sunset set from 2015.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2022, 01:31:44 pm »
Those 3 main acts for Sat are epic. Caribou to repeat their sunset set from 2015.

West Holts continues to have by far the best line-up of all the larger stages.

The only one of the "big three" that knows how to have a party.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:36:23 pm by Sudden Death Draft Loser »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2022, 02:19:25 pm »
Yeah my Friday is pretty much all West Holts until Four Tet on the Park (I'm seeing Little Simz at Primavera Sound).

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2022, 12:38:38 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2022, 09:08:00 am »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2022, 12:06:46 pm »
Very nice lineup that. Just found out Genosys stage wont be there this year and has been replaced by a bus. It best be a good bus hahaha.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2022, 12:20:37 pm »
Very nice lineup that. Just found out Genosys stage wont be there this year and has been replaced by a bus. It best be a good bus hahaha.

Can't pretend to know who any of them are, but bound to be something worth stumbling upon.

Any DnB/jungle?

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2022, 12:58:52 pm »
Can't pretend to know who any of them are, but bound to be something worth stumbling upon.

Any DnB/jungle?

Nah there's not much Jungle or DnB on that lineup but those genres are well taken for by The Common, Arcadia and Silver Hayes.

The only person I can see on the block 9 line up that might play some of that is DjRUM.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2022, 01:40:51 pm »
Nah there's not much Jungle or DnB on that lineup but those genres are well taken for by The Common, Arcadia and Silver Hayes.

The only person I can see on the block 9 line up that might play some of that is DjRUM.

Cheers

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2022, 09:40:48 pm »
Saw Caribou and Bonobo on the same night before, with a Craig Richards DJ set as well, great night.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2022, 09:44:26 pm »
West Holts continues to have by far the best line-up of all the larger stages.

The only one of the "big three" that knows how to have a party.
Haven't been to Glastonbury in a long while, but anyone looking for a Glasto-lite should check out Electric Picnic over here, unfortunately sold out this year, but not for me, friends of ours won a ten years free entry comp about 7 years ago and we've been a few years as their guests.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2022, 11:11:09 am »

Pyramid line-up is dreadful, but that's not unusual

Kae (Kate) Tempest is on at a bad time, hopefully she'll appear somewhere else as well.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:14:15 am by Sudden Death Draft Loser »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2022, 11:18:10 am »
Libertines opening the Other Stage? How the mighty have fallen. Years ago, I remember sitting on a bus a few rows ahead of some students and one of them told the others how, in a few years time, people would look at the Libertines the same way people looked at the Velvet Undergound. Pet Shop Boys and Kendrick Lamar is a horrible clash though. PSB should be where Lorde is on the bill.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2022, 11:43:43 am »
Libertines opening the Other Stage? How the mighty have fallen. Years ago, I remember sitting on a bus a few rows ahead of some students and one of them told the others how, in a few years time, people would look at the Libertines the same way people looked at the Velvet Undergound. Pet Shop Boys and Kendrick Lamar is a horrible clash though. PSB should be where Lorde is on the bill.
Like the Libertines are going to be awake for an 11.30am gig.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2022, 06:26:07 pm »
Like the Libertines are going to be awake for an 11.30am gig.
It's easy to be up if you haven't been to bed. Less easy for the spectators though.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2022, 07:33:39 pm »

That's a big spot nowadays as they'll be the first band on any stage opening the festival weekend proper. Be an enormous crowd for them based on the years I went when people like Beady Eye and Blondie did the same thing.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2022, 07:47:58 pm »

Pyramid line-up is dreadful, but that's not unusual

Kae (Kate) Tempest is on at a bad time, hopefully she'll appear somewhere else as well.
That's dreadful.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 6, 2022, 07:03:27 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 8, 2022, 03:23:21 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2022, 04:16:27 pm »
For those of us who'll be there

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/remember-your-green-pledge/

Also please note:

Glastonbury Festival will not be selling single use plastic this year. Everyone is
urged to bring their own re-usable bottles and personal cups. All tap water is drinking
water and is as good and as it is at home.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2022, 05:12:51 pm »
The opening set of the Other Stage is a big deal.

Line up looks great. Gutted I can't go this year but glad I don't have to work out the clashes.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2022, 06:54:41 am »
About to finish my last night shift in 5 mins before going home and getting my last few bits done for my first ever Glasto!

I’ve held my tickets for 3 years after being unsuccessful in the previous 5 years of trying for a ticket. A massive tick off my bucket list this festival and I can’t believe I finally get to go.

Is anyone from here heading to the festival today to get in the queue? My coach leaves at 5am Wednesday morning
YNWA - JFT97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2022, 05:22:59 pm »
All the set times for Glastonbury this weekend.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2022, 05:26:51 pm »
That's dreadful.

Must be.

I’ve heard of at least half of them. ;D

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2022, 06:36:32 pm »
About to finish my last night shift in 5 mins before going home and getting my last few bits done for my first ever Glasto!

I’ve held my tickets for 3 years after being unsuccessful in the previous 5 years of trying for a ticket. A massive tick off my bucket list this festival and I can’t believe I finally get to go.

Is anyone from here heading to the festival today to get in the queue? My coach leaves at 5am Wednesday morning

Ah mate you're going to have the best time ever. Your first Glastonbury is always so special. I'm setting off at 8am tomorrow and can't wait. Enjoy every second of it!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2022, 10:39:52 pm »
All the set times for Glastonbury this weekend.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/
Great stuff, nice one mate. Can't wait.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2022, 08:55:16 am »
Very jealous of all those on here lucky to attend. Although the Pyramid may or may not be to everyone's liking there's bunch of fun bound to be found on many stages.

I've been lucky to have been twice and would dearly love to go again.

Enjoy.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2022, 10:51:43 am »
Just had a scroll through this thread and fuck me I'm gutted not to be going now. Best acts definitely not on the pyramid/other stage [though Macca will be sensational I bet]. But then part of me has always wanted to go to glastobury and not see a single music act. Best place in the world, bar none.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2022, 12:00:17 pm »
Why's Kendrick doing Sunday?

Will definitely be tuning in for the Idles.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."