Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 51447 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #280 on: December 1, 2021, 10:47:13 am »
Looking for a bump by having Nigel Phalange do a 2 hour interview with Trump.

That's a new entry for me in Room 101.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #281 on: December 1, 2021, 11:09:52 am »
nausiating
Believer

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #282 on: December 1, 2021, 01:10:16 pm »
I'm glad I've been able to forget this even exists.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #283 on: December 2, 2021, 08:15:46 pm »
I'm glad I've been able to forget this even exists.

I thought it had ceased to exist, a long, long time ago.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »
Eamon Holmes perhaps, hes not ginger but he is a twat in the truest sense of the word
And he's now onboard.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2021, 04:14:27 pm »
And he's now onboard.

And Simon McCoy has walked the plank.

But Eamon Holmes is a twat.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2021, 04:22:24 pm »
And he's now onboard.

yeah  that figures.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: January 5, 2022, 08:48:09 am »
Fella in my work still watches this the weirdo.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 5, 2022, 08:54:06 am »

i follow Gbeebies on twitter and its hilarious, winding up cranks in the comments is a particular favourite......just call one of them a snowflake and watch them fly.

Of course, the problem with repsonding to them is that 90% of the comments are from bots

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 5, 2022, 09:31:56 am »
Viewing numbers still apparently 60% down from launch and I don't think the figures at launch were deemed particularly good.  Combined with some high profile advertisers pulling out due to the backlash of being associated with it I can't see how it can be even breaking even.  Having said that, I don't suppose people like Paul Marshall chucked £10m in expecting much back in return beyond maybe nudging the Overton window a bit more to the right.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2022, 01:04:21 am »
I see it's been confirmed that Channel 4 of all places are attempting to rehabiltate Andrew Neil's reputation, which is probably a misguided attempt to try and stave off privatisation. Haven't they learnt anything from the BBC about trying to appease conservative critics?

As for GB News, it's annoying to hear the news that Discovery and Warner Media (which includes HBO/HBO Max) are to merge, which presumably means there'll be more cash available to keep the channel running. Discovery will likely have already had a boost from people signing up to their streaming service to watch the Winter Olympics.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2022, 09:10:15 am »
lardy-arsed cockwomble, lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes has called for Harry and Meghan to be "thrown over the balcony".
Nice :o

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2022, 09:17:24 am »
Is this still a thing?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2022, 10:01:13 am »
Is this still a thing?

They seem to have a constant turnover of presenters, don’t they, according to the MSM? :D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2022, 10:35:55 am »
@ImIncorrigible
This is amazing.

First Darren Grimes apprars to have been fired by GBNews, but no one in HR told him...

Then Grimes denies it on Twitter...

Then he deletes his tweet history...

Finally, he deletes his bio, and all photos linked to GBNews, adding that he'll provide an update

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2022, 10:50:24 am »
@ImIncorrigible
This is amazing.

First Darren Grimes apprars to have been fired by GBNews, but no one in HR told him...

Then Grimes denies it on Twitter...

Then he deletes his tweet history...

Finally, he deletes his bio, and all photos linked to GBNews, adding that he'll provide an update

Ha ha, beautiful that.  I eagerly await his update!

I didn't realise he was a Newcastle fan until looking at those images.  He must've been like a pig rolling in shit for the past few months.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2022, 11:42:54 am »
Hasn't this channel been an unmitigated disaster since day one?, I've never seen a single minute of it, but one thing it did open my eyes to, was that lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes is a right wing bellend, had he ever given any indication of this prior to joining this cesspit of a channel?

Have they given Lawrence Fox his own show yet?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2022, 12:25:54 pm »
I've seen a fragment of GB, going after that Greta kid on climate change, basically calling her an attention seeker (it cane out a lot angrier than that mind).

If these are the "values" some aspire to, I pity them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2022, 01:08:43 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I commented on a Tweet about GB News, saying it was a far-right, nationalist station. I thought this was a given - and their own frigging USP - but I got piled on by a bunch of fucktards with a union jack in their signature telling me I was talking nonsense (amongst other things  ;D). Bloody far-right snowflakes.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2022, 11:12:15 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I commented on a Tweet about GB News, saying it was a far-right, nationalist station. I thought this was a given - and their own frigging USP - but I got piled on by a bunch of fucktards with a union jack in their signature telling me I was talking nonsense (amongst other things  ;D). Bloody far-right snowflakes.
You got a dose of "patriotism" from the likes of 33 year old Clive from Slough, "we didn't fight two World wars to put up with woke snowflakes like you!".

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2022, 11:14:39 am »
You got a dose of "patriotism" from the likes of 33 year old Clive from Slough, "we didn't fight two World wars to put up with woke snowflakes like you!".

It was more 'How do you figure GB News is far-right and nationalist? Have you even watched it?' type replies.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2022, 12:01:20 pm »
John Cleese to host new GB News TV show

Actor and comedian John Cleese has confirmed he will host his own GB News TV show from next year.

The Fawlty Towers star told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the new show will see him work alongside satirist Andrew Doyle, and encourage "proper argument".

Doyle currently hosts Free Speech Nation on the channel which launched last year.

Cleese warned that GB News audiences "may not be used to hearing the sort of things I'll be saying".
It's not exactly a surprise move.  Having enjoyed some of Cleese's comedy it's quite sad to see him descend further into the quagmire of "free speech" activism.  He admits to not watching modern television but is adamant that his comedy would be cancelled.  Maybe he should try watching modern comedies first because, whilst not always funny (to me!), they're frequently no less edgy than what he used to churn out.

I'm intrigued about what he thinks he'll be saying that the GB News audience won't be used to hearing.  If it's a continuation of his views expressed over the past few years then that's pretty much exactly what the GB News audience hears in every show broadcast on the channel.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2022, 12:13:15 pm »
It's not exactly a surprise move.  Having enjoyed some of Cleese's comedy it's quite sad to see him descend further into the quagmire of "free speech" activism.  He admits to not watching modern television but is adamant that his comedy would be cancelled.  Maybe he should try watching modern comedies first because, whilst not always funny (to me!), they're frequently no less edgy than what he used to churn out.

I'm intrigued about what he thinks he'll be saying that the GB News audience won't be used to hearing.  If it's a continuation of his views expressed over the past few years then that's pretty much exactly what the GB News audience hears in every show broadcast on the channel.
I can't remember what he's said over the last few years but that's pretty enough the image I have of him as well, gullible, talks shite.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2022, 12:14:55 pm »
Right wing conservatives love this notion of free speech, but it's only free speech If its something they agree with, otherwise they're quite keen to censor or 'cancel' views they don't agree with

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2022, 12:21:54 pm »
The free speech right are opposed to cancel culture.  Why does Chubby Browns right to free speech trump a venues right to cancel an event?

The issues with all this culture war shite is they usually happen in an echo chamber.  Do they have opposing views on GB News or whatever the left wing equivalent is?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2022, 12:50:57 pm »
The free speech right are opposed to cancel culture.  Why does Chubby Browns right to free speech trump a venues right to cancel an event?

The issues with all this culture war shite is they usually happen in an echo chamber.  Do they have opposing views on GB News or whatever the left wing equivalent is?

Exactly, they want to cancel cancel culture

One of the issues I have with extreme views (from either side) is that there is a tendency to simplify any view being expressed (often with the help of the person expressing the view, which is unfortunate) and then just attack that view relentlessly)

I would welcome a programme which actually debated issues without limits, the trouble is you often end of with exasperated older me just riding roughshod over the views of others in patronising and aggressive manner. We've lost the art of balanced debate everywhere I feel. Rude people interrupting others, not listening, going in with fixed views which they will never adjust, it's childish mainly. I would love to debate properly on any subject but it's hard to find people who will do it, especially verbally.

There's just so much anger out there waiting to find an expression.

And Chubby Brown is just a dickhead, I feel free to express that opinion.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
Right wing conservatives love this notion of free speech, but it's only free speech If its something they agree with, otherwise they're quite keen to censor or 'cancel' views they don't agree with

In their minds, free speech is 'I demand to be able to say what I want and not have anyone criticising what I say or trying to argue against it'

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2022, 01:25:44 pm »

In their minds, free speech is 'I demand to be able to say what I want and not have anyone criticising what I say or trying to argue against it'

Funnily enough, I quite like watching grumpy old men reactionaries having a good moan about the way things are, the Jeremy Clarkson's, John Cleese's etc. I might not agree with what they say or even have any liking for them as people but it's a sort of entertainment, like watching Neanderthals doing rubic's cubes.   Not so sure about the Katie Hopkin's of this world or Laurence Fox types.

I like to work out how their brains are operating and what has brought them to this state of mind.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:37:48 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2022, 02:33:55 pm »

Funnily enough, I quite like watching grumpy old men reactionaries having a good moan about the way things are, the Jeremy Clarkson's, John Cleese's etc. I might not agree with what they say or even have any liking for them as people but it's a sort of entertainment, like watching Neanderthals doing rubic's cubes.   Not so sure about the Katie Hopkin's of this world or Laurence Fox types.

I like to work out how their brains are operating and what has brought them to this state of mind.

It's one thing having a moan and then throwing your hands up and saying I don't understand the world anymore, before slumping back to your cave. And another thing wanting it to go back to how it was and trying to destroy modern achievements.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »
Right wing conservatives love this notion of free speech, but it's only free speech If it`s something they agree with, otherwise they're quite keen to censor or 'cancel' views they don't agree with
Same here as it is in America: they don`t want simple free speech. They want free speech where there are no repercussions or pushback from the things they say. It`s not good enough to be able to speak like an adult they want to be able to throw muck around and not face any fallout for their ill-informed or defamatory remarks.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2022, 03:24:15 pm »
Same here as it is in America: they don`t want simple free speech. They want free speech where there are no repercussions or pushback from the things they say. It`s not good enough to be able to speak like an adult they want to be able to throw muck around and not face any fallout for their ill-informed or defamatory remarks.

So that’s why Musk wants to buy Twitter.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2022, 03:01:52 am »

The venue doesn't have any rights it's a building but why should one person complaining trump Chubby Browns rights and the rights of the hundreds or thousands of people who wish to pursue happiness and have a laugh at his show ?

At one time it was the right wingers who wanted to cancel people for their views / opininions / jokes like the fascist they are, now the self declared Left have joined them .Maybe it's that Horseshoe theory in action

And it'll be a sad day when the only people standing up for free speech are of the Right.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2022, 05:27:50 am »
Cleese must have another divorce to finance.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2022, 07:28:17 am »
Cleese must have another divorce to finance.

At least this might explain why he's been married so many times.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2022, 07:57:19 am »
The venue doesn't have any rights it's a building but why should one person complaining trump Chubby Browns rights and the rights of the hundreds or thousands of people who wish to pursue happiness and have a laugh at his show ?

At one time it was the right wingers who wanted to cancel people for their views / opininions / jokes like the fascist they are, now the self declared Left have joined them .Maybe it's that Horseshoe theory in action

And it'll be a sad day when the only people standing up for free speech are of the Right.

Its a building with owners, I thought that was obvious.   Those owners evidently have the right to cancel events.  Browns rights to free speech have not been trumped.  He just cant say what he wants in a certain privately owned place.

I could go to a park and hold up a banner saying big boned Rawk members are evil and all would be ok. If I did it in your garden you, as the owner can and should be able to stop me. 

For the record, Im not advocating stopping free speech I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the right by wanting to remove the rights  big boned Rawk members have in their own garden.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:58:07 am by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2022, 08:35:06 am »
^^^ I recall in the US how the GOP successfully lobbied for social media's independence, only to start crying about censorship when right wing nutters started getting booted off twitter for violating the ToS. Their platform, their rules.

It's not like the cake shop and the gay couple. I guess it's more of a private contract, and the venue can pull it if they want to.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2022, 08:42:53 am »
It's always astounding how free speech warriors have a complete lack of understanding what free speech actually is. A private venue deciding not to give someone a platform is in no way a violation of the right to free speech.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2022, 08:48:39 am »

Pile of shite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2022, 09:13:46 am »

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan