Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273222 times)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2020, 11:12:30 am »
He actually got paid to write this.

https://twitter.com/jamesrobsonES/status/1217805346560970752?s=19

It's Everton stuff this, isn't it?

It's quite unsettling (but great) to see how far (and quickly) their fanbase and some writers plummeted into making up farcical combined XI's and getting on board with all the doping and no one likes Liverpool stuff. I'm 36 and this is by far the worst Utd team I can remember, I'm sure they were as bad pre-Ferguson but someone older than me will have to have their say on that.

I know they paid eye watering money for him but making Maguire captain sums up their position (and the fact he took over from Ashley Young who couldn't get in their team). Very, very few leaders or people to hang their hat on. Rashford is a good player but he's not on the same planet as our front three at the moment. They can kid themselves as much as they want, bring in all of these kids and call them the next big thing. Long may it continue.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2020, 11:42:32 am »
Waiting on Sky to do their combined 11 tomorrow before our game. Watch some bellend put Rashford and Maguire in. And try to make a case for Wan Bisaka. 

ESPN have put Rashford in for Salah. :lmao

https://twitter.com/espnuk/status/1218113657994911744?s=21

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2020, 11:49:11 am »
How the fuck does that moon headed c*nt get in? :lmao

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2020, 12:02:59 pm »
McGuire??!

Ah-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2020, 12:03:42 pm »

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2020, 12:08:57 pm »

Fucks sake  :lmao

That fat headed bag of shit only gets in because of his price tag. Nowhere near as good as Joel or Joe.

The less said about Rashford over Salah the better.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2020, 12:09:46 pm »
Rashford was indeed quite sensational in the matches I have seen him play lately so I wouldn’t knock him off.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »
 :lmao
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2020, 12:20:56 pm »
It's very embarrassing. Not that they put those two players in. But that even with being infinitely generous towards United - they only managed to fit two players into combined 11. They are indeed terrible and long may it continue.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2020, 12:27:08 pm »
These lot are fucking very, very mouthy on social media. I hope we smash them all over the park on Sunday.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »
Rashford was indeed quite sensational in the matches I have seen him play lately so I wouldn’t knock him off.

Put the rod away
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2020, 12:28:39 pm »
These lot are fucking very, very mouthy on social media. I hope we smash them all over the park on Sunday.

Have I missed a corner being turned somewhere?
Is this on the back of their win against Wolves?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2020, 12:31:11 pm »
Manc in work has gone into a meeting and left his laptop unlocked - against company policy. He's now got an LFC badge on one screen and Hendo lifting the CL on the other ;D (I wish I could claim responsibility for this but another Manc did it to him)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2020, 12:31:30 pm »
They've turned a corner so many times they're back at the start  ;D

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2020, 12:38:07 pm »
Not being a one eyed supporter here but I'd put Joel, Joe and Dejan in over Maguire. Ridiculous that any player of theirs is in the combined first 11.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2020, 12:39:31 pm »
Manc in work has gone into a meeting and left his laptop unlocked - against company policy. He's now got an LFC badge on one screen and Hendo lifting the CL on the other ;D (I wish I could claim responsibility for this but another Manc did it to him)

haha brillaint. I remember a few years ago when we spanked  them, think it was the 4-1. Manc works with me is relentless when it comes to mouthing off.  I put You'll Never Walk Alone in his startup, so it played when he booted up. Then turned his machine off for him to reboot. He didnt speak to me for a full week.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2020, 12:41:59 pm »
haha brillaint. I remember a few years ago when we spanked  them, think it was the 4-1. Manc works with me is relentless when it comes to mouthing off.  I put You'll Never Walk Alone in his startup, so it played when he booted up. Then turned his machine off for him to reboot. He didnt speak to me for a full week.

haha! Great! And he didn't speak to you for a week, what was the downside?  :D :D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2020, 12:48:00 pm »
haha! Great! And he didn't speak to you for a week, what was the downside?  :D :D

haha true. I see him from time to time now and he's never let it go, although he can laugh about it now. They haven't got much else to laugh about !

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2020, 12:53:53 pm »
I'm half surprised Pogba isn't in

But... if the football fairy godmother granted you one Man U player on a magical free transfer.... wouldn't you rather gamble that Klopp could reform Pogba, rather than take one of the others and gamble they could be as good as what youve already got ?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2020, 12:54:44 pm »
I think their fans have bought into this delusion that Scholes was banging on about them having a world class from 3. Fuck me social media is full of them going on about Rashford Martial and Greenwood having scored more combined goals this season in comparison to our front 3. Rashford also gets in our team over Firmino too and by the time Martial and Greenwood are the same age as Salah and Mane they'll be better than them too :-[

Did Scholes really say their front 3 are world class ?  So his idea of a world class front 3 is one who is having a good season for the first time, one who is bang average and way over-rated, and one who has played about 10 games ?  Ok Ginger nuts, wise up.  Next time he goes on about Utd having over-rated players or not being consistent, he rally has no credibility
If that's the criteria for world class now, I reckon I can make it yet.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2020, 12:55:56 pm »

:lmao
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2020, 01:12:27 pm »
These lot are seriously due a good hiding from us. Like a little scrote who keeps mouthing off at school then one day gets his block knocked off by another kid.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2020, 01:15:03 pm »
Have I missed a corner being turned somewhere?
Is this on the back of their win against Wolves?

Think it's their performances against City and Spurs that has made them bullish. Plus the fact they have been the only team who have managed to fluke some points off us this season.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2020, 01:15:59 pm »
Geoff Shreeves

@GeoffShreeves
OGS confirms ⁦@HarryMaguire93⁩ will replace ⁦@youngy18⁩ as ⁦@ManUtd⁩ club captain. More on ⁦@MarcusRashford⁩ and ⁦@LivEchoLFC⁩ on ⁦@SkySportsNews

Imagine being De Gea and seeing your manager appoint slabhead as captain having been at the club for half a season
Long may it last!

Just heard about this. Have they just gave it to him because he was expensive as fuck?
He's not one from their youth academy, he isn't very good, he hasn't shown any leadership or inspirational qualities, hasn't been there long, so the only option left is just because they overpaid for him by about £65m.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2020, 01:19:37 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they got all upset like when Fernandes gets walloped tonight by Benfica.  :rant 

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2020, 01:20:19 pm »
Just heard about this. Have they just gave it to him because he was expensive as fuck?
He's not one from their youth academy, he isn't very good, he hasn't shown any leadership or inspirational qualities, hasn't been there long, so the only option left is just because they overpaid for him by about £65m.

Born Leader!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2020, 01:27:47 pm »
But... if the football fairy godmother granted you one Man U player on a magical free transfer.... wouldn't you rather gamble that Klopp could reform Pogba, rather than take one of the others and gamble they could be as good as what youve already got ?

Wouldn't touch Pogba with a barge pole. Take Martial as a backup to the front 3.

Online Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2020, 01:31:24 pm »
The beauty of the front 3 graphic going around is that it isnt actually their front 3. James has played all season but because he hasn't scored a few goals against league 2 teams and Azerbaijan goat herders they shoehorn Greenwood in instead.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2020, 01:33:44 pm »

You could maybe make an argument for Rashford being in the matchday 18, maybe even Martial under Klopp. But they are literally the only 2 that have any case for being in the squad, and they'd be on the bench at best. None of their defenders are better than ours.
None of their midfielders are better than ours.
De Gea is living off his reputation from the early part of 2010s and is no better than Adrian.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2020, 01:35:33 pm »
Harry Maguire in our back 4
Ha ha, have they ever watched him play?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2020, 01:35:38 pm »

he's about the last player I'd think of. Kloppo would probably do good things with a number of their players - even one or two who are generally thought of as shit by opposition fans (and probably some Man Utd ones too), but Pogba is rather far removed from a Jürgen Klopp type character.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2020, 01:35:40 pm »
Funny how you never hear about Maguire's fee from any of the media. All you ever heard about Virgil was world record fee until he proved he was the best in the world.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2020, 02:12:59 pm »

If Maguire was in our squad, he MIGHT scrape by as 4th choice. Even then, I wouldn't argue with anyone who prefers Lovren.

Not sure what Rashford's done to oust a back-to-back golden boot winner and the guy who holds the record for most goals scored in a Premier League season but ok.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2020, 02:14:27 pm »
Maguire :lmao and Rashford over Salah  :lmao

It's like these people don't even watch football.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2020, 02:16:54 pm »

Expected it to be De Gea.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2020, 03:15:42 pm »

Well he's used to carrying a heavy weight on his shoulders
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2020, 03:34:57 pm »

:lmao :lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2020, 03:44:31 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2020, 03:48:19 pm »
Can't believe that JLingz didn't make that combined team.  He'll probably make it next season when he's, like 24 and approaching his prime years.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2020, 03:49:30 pm »
I think Maguire would probably start beside VVD under Klopp. Pogba too if he could work. it's hard to project how putting these guys from a team that's essentially on fire into a winning machine under the best coach in the world would go. Martial I think would be a beast under Klopp
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light