Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273565 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Brighton have a far better right back in Lamptey. Brentford maybe but they could probably scout a better player.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can see him ending up at Brighton or Brentford or one of those

Can see him being at Everton next season. Coleman's getting on and they're still probably Man Utd's lapdogs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Maybe they should all be on "inhalers" then, because apparently it gives you magical football skills that all United and Everton players can barely master. It must be medication that gives Trent his passing ability, Virgil his reading of the play, Thiago his ability to control the game and so on. These are type of bone heads who believe in Loch Ness.
I never used to believe in Loch Ness until I was driving up the A82 to Inverness one day and fuck me there it was!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:53:37 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
Cheeky bid for AWB? Could be the RB version of Kostas to Trent.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
But he’s the the best defensive right back inthe league!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
I laughed my tits of when Aguero scored his goal.....but if it was next season hand on heart I'd rather United won it than Abu Dhabi.
would you really? that surprises me. would you want us to score a similar goal on the final day to snatch it from City? I mean fair play if you do I just wouldn't want it myself for Liverpool. City winning stuff since Guardiola came is just what was always going to happen, what the finances behind them would ensure would happen even if he had failed

I don't really get the idea that their owners will leave if United or Liverpool are snatching trophies from them. they are in this for the long haul. I believe they would have been appointing Guardiola in 2016 even if they'd never won the league, because they have the finances to ensure that will happen. that's not to say you should hope they win stuff (its a terrible choice to have to make between our two biggest rivals) but they will always carry the historical asterisk for me... and they will also never come close to beating 20 league titles like Liverpool under Klopp could do!
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
would you really? that surprises me. would you want us to score a similar goal on the final day to snatch it from City? I mean fair play if you do I just wouldn't want it myself for Liverpool. City winning stuff since Guardiola came is just what was always going to happen, what the finances behind them would ensure would happen even if he had failed

I don't really get the idea that their owners will leave if United or Liverpool are snatching trophies from them. they are in this for the long haul. I believe they would have been appointing Guardiola in 2016 even if they'd never won the league, because they have the finances to ensure that will happen. that's not to say you should hope they win stuff (its a terrible choice to have to make between our two biggest rivals) but they will always carry the historical asterisk for me... and they will also never come close to beating 20 league titles like Liverpool under Klopp could do!

It's more that the only thing that will reign in the oil clubs is if we're all against them and reminding the world what they are at every turn. If we're supporting them when they're doing us favours but laying into them when they're not it undermines the criticism.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Manchester United have cancelled their annual Player of the Year awards because the players are too embarrassed to attend such an event following such a dismal season.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

chickenshits.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan

Given their finances these two statements are mutually exclusive, if it wasn't for us they'd be sitting on five in five years at the end of this season with no one likely to challenge for the foreseeable, unless they're going to share them with Newcastle, even then it wont take long to get to 20.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Manchester United have cancelled their annual Player of the Year awards because the players are too embarrassed to attend such an event following such a dismal season.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

chickenshits.

i genuinely thought that was banter and a pretty good line  ;D

when reality is funnier than rival banter there's nowhere lower to drop, you're in the dregs of it with all the shit and piss

couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of prima donnas
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Imagine Ten Hag does a Frank De Boer...
Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

We were in the position then of being pretty shite, we hadn't played CL football for a good few seasons, and frankly Man Citys owners were a lot less scrutinised back then (for all of our faults). It was a lot easier to stomach. Now we know what they are, I'd genuinely rather a non-sports washer win over them, even if it was you. You've been in the same position as us now, losing out to them, but it doesn't surprise me that you'd still rather them win a title than us. Its your whole clubs attitude, its that over-riding obsession with us that's always engulfed you (even when you were THE team), its why Fergusons last words on his death bed will probably be 'fucking scousers, fucking perch'. Its why clubs like Man City, Chelsea and now Newcastle can carry on normally, because of attitudes like yours and your clubs (and lets be real, your dream is being in the same position as them with a sports washing owner. Away from all your 'we cant get it wrong forever' nonsense, you know deep down thats your only hope now).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Will West Ham still take Jesse Lingard after witnessing what a rotten character he has become. West Ham were basically in the same spot - 6th with or without Lingard.

Presumably they already knew exactly what he was like given that he was there? Newcastle were also hot for him in January, he won't be short of offers.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Mitchell Van Der Gaag - I remember him playing at Tannadice for Motherwell.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Cheeky bid for AWB? Could be the RB version of Kostas to Trent.

Am I being wooshed here? This isn't serious surely? :lmao
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan

Is Declan trying to give him a double hander?

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan

You are a sportswashers dream. A fan of a once great club and historical challenger for titles, willing on the sportswashers so their real rivals don’t win.
You say Abu Dhabi will never reach 20 titles? They will likely win their 4th in 5 years on Sunday and if not for us it would now be 5 in a row they would’ve walked. If we drop away then Abu Dhabi will be winning the next 10.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
I can't be bothered with these anymore. They are not a Champions League club, and they will be nowhere near the top 3 in the coming years. They might finish 4th from time to time, if they manage to beat Arsenal, Totenham, Chelsea and West Ham to the 4th spot, but that is the most they could hope for ...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Do United still enforce a strict "no selling to Liverpool" policy on their players? I'd love for us to put in a £50m bid for AWB just to watch them be forced to turn it down. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I can't be bothered with these anymore. They are not a Champions League club, and they will be nowhere near the top 3 in the coming years. They might finish 4th from time to time, if they manage to beat Arsenal, Totenham, Chelsea and West Ham to the 4th spot, but that is the most they could hope for ...
And if they do finish 4th, they'll get embarrassed in the CL anyway.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Ten Hag's an interesting case there. I'd start to worry if suddenly, in amongst the Declan Rice and Frenkie De Jong links they swooped for Billy Gilmour for a couple of bags of crisps and a Wham bar. But they won't do that kind of thing.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline cheesyleps

• Kemlynite
Ten Hag's an interesting case there. I'd start to worry if suddenly, in amongst the Declan Rice and Frenkie De Jong links they swooped for Billy Gilmour for a couple of bags of crisps and a Wham bar. But they won't do that kind of thing.

Gilmour? He had one decent game for Scotland playing against an England side that give opposition all the time in the world on the ball.

Not for me, Clive.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Oooh I see what you're doing there Roy ;)

Yeah I'd be bricking it if they sign Billy Gilmour, but they won't. He's too good for them, he'd never go there. Really hope they don't sign Ben Mee too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
You can add Nuñez to the growing list of players that have rejected them alongside Adeyemi, Phillips, Tchouaméni(LOL)...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
What I've done there is stated that the real strength of Ten Hag is as a systems-centred development coach who can coax what seem to be world class performances out of what standard opinions would class as bang average players. Gilmour's an example of that. Beyond that case though, Ten Hag in his time at Ajax has actually rehabilitated or elevated the levels of Stekelenburg, Haller, Davy Klaassen, Dusan Tadic, and kept the system working despite losing Kluivert, Sanchez, De Jong, Van Der Beek, and De Light. Young, talented players... but I'd suggest no more intrinsically talented than Man Utd have in their ranks - just talents who work within a structure with a defined goal at the end of their development process.

So straight away, I reckon a lot of the newspaper coverage they're currently subject to is bollocks - I reckon he's more like Klopp than he's being given credit for and he'll want to get to know the players he has before he gets rid of anyone - that'll apply just as much to Wan Bissaka despite them saying he's for the exit door.

The worry for me is that they become born again sensible and work from there, because they have money. But I just doubt they'll manage to stay consistently sensible enough for it all to work.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
You can add Nuñez to the growing list of players that have rejected them alongside Adeyemi, Phillips, Tchouaméni (LOL)...

I was actually surprised that Phillips turned them down, but it only shows that he is smart and not very greedy. As for Nunez, Adeyemi and Tchouameni, they have no chance of getting that level of talent now, unles the player has an extremely greedy agent ...

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One day this thread won't be on the first page.

Us oldies will mention it to newbies and they will look blankly at us.

Oh, well.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
I seem to remember there being an arl fella on the FullTime Dickheads a few years ago shortly after they had signed AWB

He had him clocked as a car crash of a full back from the get go. He was even lamenting the fact they'd sold Smalling

Naturally enough they were all laughing at him like he was some sort of demented old fool

Was it Ray Bobbins?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
I seem to remember there being an arl fella on the FullTime Dickheads a few years ago shortly after they had signed AWB

He had him clocked as a car crash of a full back from the get go. He was even lamenting the fact they'd sold Smalling

Naturally enough they were all laughing at him like he was some sort of demented old fool

Brighton and Brentford and too detailed in their research and scouting. They wouldn’t just put themselves in a position of having AWB stinking out the place on a big wage.

There is a club that is jubilant and ready to splash out after securing premier league money for another season. Palace is another option as Clyne needs replacing and they don’t really need overly ambitious full backs for their system.

Other than Palace, Everton and Burnley, every other club has better right backs than him.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
Brighton and Brentford and too detailed in their research and scouting. They wouldn’t just put themselves in a position of having AWB stinking out the place on a big wage.

There is a club that is jubilant and ready to splash out after securing premier league money for another season. Palace is another option as Clyne needs replacing and they don’t really need overly ambitious full backs for their system.

Other than Palace, Everton and Burnley, every other club has better right backs than him.
if Utd are very lucky newcastle come in. Though I think every big club is telling themselves Newcastle will buy their dross for big money

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
if Utd are very lucky newcastle come in. Though I think every big club is telling themselves Newcastle will buy their dross for big money
Yeah that's really weird. I mean if Newcastle are going to be this massive sportwashing vehicle why would they be buying a load of dross players for big money?

They'll buy great players for big money, not dross. Mind you they did inexplicably buy Chris Wood so there's that...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Newcastle already have Trippier and Krafth. You will struggle to offload AWB and his wages of £90,000 per week ...

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
Yeah that's really weird. I mean if Newcastle are going to be this massive sportwashing vehicle why would they be buying a load of dross players for big money?

They'll buy great players for big money, not dross. Mind you they did inexplicably buy Chris Wood so there's that...
I dunno, City bought a nice bit of dross at the start of their cycle. Who knows who will be the next beneficiary of a 40m Robinho transfer!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

They have Trippier though
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
They have Trippier though
True United should have just bought him. I think he's 32 ish now though. Maybe a good sporting director could convince them a young right back who can't play outside his own half is what they need long term. And a CB who will win you headers

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Are they really after Justin Timber as Maguire replacement?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Are they really after Justin Timberlake as Maguire replacement?

Updated that for you... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?

Getting a 20yo trying to marshal a defence? That’s very brave of United.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
I'm loving it

Offline cheesyleps

• Kemlynite
What I've done there is stated that the real strength of Ten Hag is as a systems-centred development coach who can coax what seem to be world class performances out of what standard opinions would class as bang average players. Gilmour's an example of that. Beyond that case though, Ten Hag in his time at Ajax has actually rehabilitated or elevated the levels of Stekelenburg, Haller, Davy Klaassen, Dusan Tadic, and kept the system working despite losing Kluivert, Sanchez, De Jong, Van Der Beek, and De Light. Young, talented players... but I'd suggest no more intrinsically talented than Man Utd have in their ranks - just talents who work within a structure with a defined goal at the end of their development process.

So straight away, I reckon a lot of the newspaper coverage they're currently subject to is bollocks - I reckon he's more like Klopp than he's being given credit for and he'll want to get to know the players he has before he gets rid of anyone - that'll apply just as much to Wan Bissaka despite them saying he's for the exit door.

The worry for me is that they become born again sensible and work from there, because they have money. But I just doubt they'll manage to stay consistently sensible enough for it all to work.

I get you.

I'm unconvinced that Utd would ever give him the time and space to do it. They are too wedded to the idea of buying the finished article at great fanfare and expense to appease the fanbase and media.

They absolutely should, but as you say, they won't.