Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 961311 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #6640 on: April 26, 2022, 03:29:06 pm »
Totally correct. It's clear that a top keeper is essential for continued success as part of a top team. City were successul with Hart but ditched him as soon as Ederson became available and his performances made them even better.

Yup and I still think the market doesn’t reflect this … when you look at their direct effect on goals / results they’re one of the last inefficiencies … they should probably be the most expensive / best paid players in football (as they are in ice hockey) or at least comparable with the top

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6641 on: April 26, 2022, 03:32:43 pm »
We had him in Kiev we would have won

I always felt we would challenge the following year, but as soon as I heard he was signing I knew we were going places.

The minute I heard he was signing i thought "fuck wow, this is one serious signing"

state the obvious i know

I think Ramos would have gone for something a bit more brutal than an elbow to the temple, like he did to Karius, probably attempted another Judo throw and gone for another dislocation.

Yup and I still think the market doesn’t reflect this … when you look at their direct effect on goals / results they’re one of the last inefficiencies … they should probably be the most expensive / best paid players in football (as they are in ice hockey) or at least comparable with the top

This is why I don't subscribe to the "pay Salah what he wants" train of thought, as then Virg and Alisson can rightly say they are the best in their position in the world and deserve parity.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 03:35:38 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6642 on: April 26, 2022, 03:47:40 pm »
We had him in Kiev we would have won

I always felt we would challenge the following year, but as soon as I heard he was signing I knew we were going places.

The minute I heard he was signing i thought "fuck wow, this is one serious signing"

state the obvious i know

Watching that Brazil Scout video of Alisson, it showcases what a good goalkeeper he is. What it doesn't showcase is how ordinary a goalkeeper he's been with Liverpool, in never making any difficult saves. As in how he absolutely excels at the most difficult part of being a goalkeeper, in being in the right place and making the right decisions, so that everything becomes simple and obvious.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6643 on: April 26, 2022, 03:48:24 pm »
I think Ramos would have gone for something a bit more brutal than an elbow to the temple, like he did to Karius, probably attempted another Judo throw and gone for another dislocation.

VAR was in Ramos wouldnt have lasted an hour, probably wouldnt have tried half the shit he was at
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6644 on: April 26, 2022, 03:59:56 pm »
VAR was in Ramos wouldnt have lasted an hour, probably wouldnt have tried half the shit he was at

Hed have about 60 red cards if VAR was in earlier. He tried the judo move in the 2018 Final, think it was on Dybala, but didn't execute it properly and he managed to get his arm out. VAR might not have cottoned onto the arm move, I know it was dodgy when I saw it but didn't know it's actually a move banned in Judo, but it should have seen the elbow.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6645 on: April 27, 2022, 10:24:42 pm »
What a performance!

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6646 on: April 27, 2022, 10:26:43 pm »
Divock Origi says hi. :wave

In four different languages.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6647 on: April 27, 2022, 10:29:56 pm »
Poor game tonight, didn't get his arse off the picnic chair.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6648 on: April 28, 2022, 11:40:08 pm »
Only just seen this, being way too harsh and also it highlights an issue with the offside laws. Ali was focused on the 4 players stood in offside positions, as a keeper, these will take your attention as they pose the biggest potential threat as that is where you expect the ball to go. Absolutely interfering with play where they were.

He meant that, you can see from his body shape he is going for a low straight pass, seen him hit that ball a few times now, including the first time I ever watched him warming up.

I miss Grobbelaar really throwing himself into the drop kick, getting a fair bit of height on the ball, and yet the ball barely reaches the halfway line. In fact, I'm not sure why he bothered kicking it, unless it were to alleviate his boredom and just give himself some variety, as his throws went nearly as far and were far more accurate and easier for the receiver.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #6649 on: April 30, 2022, 04:16:04 pm »
It always feels a bit of a surprise seeing him actually have to make a save. He is so rarely troubled in matches that when he is called into action his concentration really shows. Apart from the amazing shop stopping that he showed once again in their one on one that was offiside, this must be his greatest attribute.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6650 on: April 30, 2022, 04:20:08 pm »
Seaman retired.

Yep, no new keepers being bred for the job anymore.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6651 on: April 30, 2022, 05:08:22 pm »
First goalie in all the main European Leagues to get 20 clean sheets this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sivapc22

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6652 on: May 1, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »
Should be a contender for POTY

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6653 on: May 1, 2022, 05:59:20 pm »

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: May 1, 2022, 06:04:43 pm »
Haha Jesus wept.

https://youtu.be/p8UiefIRDVQ
God bless people who think that way and may they grow in numbers! Hopefully more managers will follow...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6655 on: May 1, 2022, 06:22:11 pm »
I bet he praises the likes of Pickford for his ability with his feet.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6656 on: May 4, 2022, 08:35:55 am »
One for the auld arses - how close is he to being our greatest ever goalkeeper?

I’m not old enough to have seen the likes of Clemence and Brucie, I grew up with James, Westerveld, Kirkland and Dudek. Pepe Reina was by far my favourite player for years, absolutely loved him. Alisson however is in a complete class of his own for what he’s achieved with us so far.

- Match defining save against Napoli on the way to Madrid
- World class performance against Barca at home (often forgotten with other events of the evening)
- Outstanding performance and clean sheet in Madrid
- Assist v Man Utd
- Last minute header to all but seal top 4, opening the gates to Paris
- A massive save (usually 1 on 1) in seemingly every game this season

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6657 on: May 4, 2022, 09:00:36 am »
One for the auld arses - how close is he to being our greatest ever goalkeeper?

I’m not old enough to have seen the likes of Clemence and Brucie, I grew up with James, Westerveld, Kirkland and Dudek. Pepe Reina was by far my favourite player for years, absolutely loved him. Alisson however is in a complete class of his own for what he’s achieved with us so far.

- Match defining save against Napoli on the way to Madrid
- World class performance against Barca at home (often forgotten with other events of the evening)
- Outstanding performance and clean sheet in Madrid
- Assist v Man Utd
- Last minute header to all but seal top 4, opening the gates to Paris
- A massive save (usually 1 on 1) in seemingly every game this season

I don't remember watching Tommy Lawrence play, I was only 5 when he last played for us, but grew up with Clem and Ali is right up there with him. Both were/are better than Brucie because they don't suffer from the same brainfarts that Brucie did, although Brucie was a wonderful keeper and pulled off saves that made you go "how the fuck did he save that". Ali has that same ability Clem had, to do nothing for 89 minutes and then pull off vital save, both keep the defence relaxed and both have great distribution.

I've said this before on here, biggest compliment I can give both men, is that they could both play in each others times, although Clem would need to adjust to the flyaway balls they use these days and Ali would need to get used to thin or no gloves and balls that weighed a ton.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6658 on: May 10, 2022, 10:02:55 pm »
A goalkeeping god!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6659 on: May 10, 2022, 10:04:12 pm »
Nice little turn after that misplaced pass in the first half

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6660 on: May 10, 2022, 10:11:46 pm »
Best goalkeeper in the world

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6661 on: May 10, 2022, 10:15:25 pm »
That one on one with Ings is as good a bit of goalkeeping as you'll see anywhere. He has a similar aura to virg in those situations. By the time the player bearing down has clocked who's coming at them, they've already given up.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: May 10, 2022, 10:16:36 pm »
Wins us so many points, best keeper in the world.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: May 10, 2022, 10:17:26 pm »
Beautiful man :D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #6664 on: May 10, 2022, 10:19:25 pm »
What a goalie. This man’s a legend, didn’t appreciate the importance of the GK position until he joined

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6665 on: May 11, 2022, 01:39:23 am »
Attackers cack themselves when they run towards goal and then remember that Ali is waiting...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6666 on: May 11, 2022, 02:37:17 am »
Saved us today yet again. Best keeper in the world.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: May 11, 2022, 07:38:25 am »
Fucking hell, just put SSN and caught this stupid woman saying Mendy is no2 in the list and Ederson is no1 due to his wonderful distribution, Alisson is 3rd. Thick as fuck :butt

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6668 on: May 11, 2022, 08:16:27 am »
Fucking hell, just put SSN and caught this stupid woman saying Mendy is no2 in the list and Ederson is no1 due to his wonderful distribution, Alisson is 3rd. Thick as fuck :butt

I saw that, she is just ensuring that everybody is aware that both sexes can speak utter shite.

Talking of SSN, a white version of Kim Jong-Il was just on talking about our game. Very odd.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6669 on: May 11, 2022, 08:17:28 am »
Ali is the best. The most complete GK in world football.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6670 on: May 11, 2022, 08:43:24 am »
Haha Jesus wept.

https://youtu.be/p8UiefIRDVQ

Surprises me he got that so wrong, seeing as Tony Cascarino should know exactly what it's like being shit with yer feet.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6671 on: May 14, 2022, 07:40:45 pm »
I'd have this fella's babies, a fucking god amongst men

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6672 on: May 14, 2022, 07:41:22 pm »
Really have run out of words for him.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: May 14, 2022, 07:43:56 pm »
Love him, our best ever goalkeeper.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: May 14, 2022, 07:44:33 pm »
Best in the world

Handsome bastard

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: May 14, 2022, 07:45:25 pm »
Big beautiful bearded bastard.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6676 on: May 14, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »
Shows you how fucked football awards are when he probably won't be in the running for any. It's a total farce the PFA 6 being named and him not being on it.

The best player on the planet and the best goalkeeper in the sports history.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6677 on: May 14, 2022, 07:46:05 pm »
Love him making sure he was the one who had the ball to give to our players for their pens, instead of letting Mendy try some garbage psychology.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: May 14, 2022, 07:47:01 pm »
Love him making sure he was the one who had the ball to give to our players for their pens, instead of letting Mendy try some garbage psychology.

So important, imagine walking up and looking up and Alissons the one waiting to hand you the ball

Offline Beneath

• Anny Roader
  • Believe
« Reply #6679 on: May 14, 2022, 07:48:20 pm »
It's nice to win, and all, but that is a lovely smile.
I saw the devil in his eyes, and I shit me undercrackers