Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886512 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #6320 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:33 am »
Even if he's fit for the bench for Paris that'd be a great help. I actually think he's the preferable midfielder, out of the first 4 options we have (Fab, Thiago, Hendo, Keita), to get injured. It means Henderson plays as a 6, which is a better position for him anyway. Now obviously you're better off with them all fit but if one has to get something, Fabinho is probably the one you choose.

This is madness. He's one of the first names on our team sheet.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6321 on: May 13, 2022, 08:40:13 am »
Entirely possible that Fab misses the next three games so if he makes it for the final I would start him on the bench. Bring him on at the same time Real bring on Camavinga. Camavinga's energy often steers the game in Real's favour in the middle of the park.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6322 on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:46 am »
This is madness. He's one of the first names on our team sheet.

He's brilliant. But I'm really not sure he is.

I'd say;
Allison (best GK in the world, Kelleher is good but no where close to that level)
Van Dijk (goes without saying)
Trent (goes without saying)
Salah (none of our other forwards is as good from the right)
Thiago (the best progressive passer in the world, no one else comes close to him in our team)
... are all 'before' him on the team sheet. We have no backups to what those 5 bring to us. And once you're the '6th' name on the team sheet I'm not sure you can be called 'one of the first names on the team sheet'.

Everywhere else on the pitch we can, to a certain degree, replicate what players bring.
Roberton - Tsimikas
Matip - Konate
Henderson - Keita, Jones, Elliott
Fabinho - Henderson
Mane (CF) - Jota, Firmino
Diaz - Mane, Jota

Henderson isn't as good a 6 as Fabinho but he can do a very good job there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 09:27:49 am by Knight »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6323 on: May 13, 2022, 09:33:24 am »
Fabinho is arguably the best DM in the world right now and is first choice for us in that position. Him not being available weakens us, even if Henderson can do a very good job in that position. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #6324 on: May 13, 2022, 09:52:11 am »
Fab is the fulcrum of the team.

As for 'first name on the team sheet' stuff...I've heard the Liverpool sheet comes with Fabs name printed on the rest written on by hand

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6325 on: May 13, 2022, 10:04:35 am »
He's brilliant. But I'm really not sure he is.

I'd say;
Allison (best GK in the world, Kelleher is good but no where close to that level)
Van Dijk (goes without saying)
Trent (goes without saying)
Salah (none of our other forwards is as good from the right)
Thiago (the best progressive passer in the world, no one else comes close to him in our team)
... are all 'before' him on the team sheet. We have no backups to what those 5 bring to us. And once you're the '6th' name on the team sheet I'm not sure you can be called 'one of the first names on the team sheet'.

Everywhere else on the pitch we can, to a certain degree, replicate what players bring.
Roberton - Tsimikas
Matip - Konate
Henderson - Keita, Jones, Elliott
Fabinho - Henderson
Mane (CF) - Jota, Firmino
Diaz - Mane, Jota

Henderson isn't as good a 6 as Fabinho but he can do a very good job there.

I think if Jurgen is picking for a European Cup Final (as he will be) with a fully fit squad (which hopefully he will be) then he's writing 8 names on the teamsheet simultaneously:

Ali, Trent, Virg, Robbo, Fab, Thiago, Mane, Salah. Only real debate is around one CB, CM and forward.

Right now I think it's probably an immediate 9 names to be honest, with Diaz being the other.

Fab is a huge loss, as any of those 8 would be.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6326 on: May 13, 2022, 10:46:07 am »
Oh totally, it's rubbish to lose him if we do. But for me it's not as bad as it could be! It's partly about midfield balance and here I might be different to others but I'd prefer a Henderson, Thiago, Keita midfield over a Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson midfield. So with Fab injured we don't have my 'first choice' 11 for the CL final, which would be Fabinho, Thiago, Keita but we do have our 2nd choice 11, which is Henderson, Thiago, Keita. And it avoids my 3rd choice CM, which is Fab, Hendo, Thiago. Anyway, I should emphasis, I'm very much hoping Fabinho will be back and then we can trust Klopp with the other 2 choices.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6327 on: May 13, 2022, 11:18:15 am »
Huge loss for Saturday, even bigger blow if he misses the CL final as well.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6328 on: May 13, 2022, 11:58:45 am »
Klopp on Fabinho: "He will definitely be back for the Champions League final."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6329 on: May 13, 2022, 12:00:03 pm »
I'd feel better if he could manage about 15 minutes even against Wolves. Fab is a bit of a slow starter.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6330 on: May 13, 2022, 12:02:16 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1525067658768564224

Klopp on Fabinho: "He will definitely be back for the Champions League final."

Massive boost for #LFC.

Online AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6331 on: May 13, 2022, 12:17:22 pm »
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6332 on: May 13, 2022, 12:36:46 pm »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6333 on: May 13, 2022, 12:43:25 pm »
Fantastic news, a refreshed Fab back for the final.

Hopefully he can get 15-20 mins in the Wolves game.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6334 on: May 13, 2022, 12:53:22 pm »
I'd feel better if he could manage about 15 minutes even against Wolves. Fab is a bit of a slow starter.

I think the fact we're certain he's back for a game in two weeks suggests there's a good chance he'll be fit for Wolves. Presume we know he'll be back in training some point next week.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6335 on: May 13, 2022, 12:59:18 pm »
I think we'd have all taken that news on Tuesday night. Big blow for tomorrow but not really arsed he'll miss the league games. As some say if he can come off the bench against Wolves it might do us some good. Will be an interesting game that, probably a fairly strong line up but the three subs will be interesting. He'll go strong but I think the likes of Gomez, Jones, Div should all start. Expecting Bobby to play in the week too which will help.

Inhaler FC
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6336 on: May 13, 2022, 01:01:09 pm »
Every time I see this thread title I have in my head the tune Bone Machine by Pixies

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6337 on: May 13, 2022, 01:11:40 pm »
Turns out he’s in a race against time for TOMORROW!

Great news
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6338 on: May 13, 2022, 01:17:41 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1525071556103356417

The clip of him saying it.

I must admit, the comment asking when Salah would be back from AFCON made me titter.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6339 on: May 13, 2022, 01:20:32 pm »
Turns out he’s in a race against time for TOMORROW!

Great news

Where is that from?

Everything I've read has him ruled out for the chelsea game

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6340 on: May 13, 2022, 01:21:09 pm »
I'd rather leave him out of tomorrow and have him 100% ready for Madrid.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6341 on: May 13, 2022, 01:26:18 pm »
Where is that from?

Presser with Klopp was just on

Though all I saw was DEFINITELY BACK FOR REAL MADRID

Online red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6342 on: May 13, 2022, 01:26:41 pm »
Klopp said he was fighting time but I think he was refering to being fit for the Prem games. He won't be risked tomorrow. 

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6343 on: May 13, 2022, 02:06:01 pm »
Where is that from?

Klopp in presser
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6344 on: May 13, 2022, 02:08:51 pm »
Definitely back for Madrid is great news, hopefully gets some minutes in the last PL games before then if he's available.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6345 on: May 13, 2022, 02:31:16 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-press-live-23947644

Seems down but

"He will definitely be back for the Champions League final," said the Reds boss. "Before, we will see. We don't know.

"He has reacted absolutely okay. Fab is a professional, he was obviously not happy about it, that's clear, but he took it. He is already taking on the fight, that's how it is. It's not enough if you are ready on Friday for a final so it will be Tuesday or Wednesday or something like that and we are working on that and we are all very positive that will be the case. He's absolutely okay."

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #6346 on: May 13, 2022, 04:34:51 pm »
Best Dm in the world. I’d say you wouldn’t want to lose him and Thiago level, just cause we don’t have someone who can do what Thiago does but Henderson can do a gd job for fab. Then Henderson. Then keita
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6347 on: May 13, 2022, 06:25:38 pm »
We need our top scoring midfielder for the CL final ;D Superb news that he'll be fit, I'm not bothered if he won't be available for the rest.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #6348 on: May 13, 2022, 09:55:57 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-press-live-23947644

Seems down but

"He will definitely be back for the Champions League final," said the Reds boss. "Before, we will see. We don't know.

"He has reacted absolutely okay. Fab is a professional, he was obviously not happy about it, that's clear, but he took it. He is already taking on the fight, that's how it is. It's not enough if you are ready on Friday for a final so it will be Tuesday or Wednesday or something like that and we are working on that and we are all very positive that will be the case. He's absolutely okay."

He's talking with regards to the CL final here not the FA cup isn't he? If he's not fit by the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the CL final he won't be taking part.

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #6349 on: May 14, 2022, 12:41:34 am »
He's talking with regards to the CL final here not the FA cup isn't he? If he's not fit by the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the CL final he won't be taking part.

That’s what I took from it too - basically saying he’ll have to be back at least Tuesday / Wednesday prior to the CL final

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6350 on: May 14, 2022, 12:53:40 am »
He's gonna be available against Real - even if he pulls out at the last minute.

Expecting a few players to get a big kicking in the FA Cup and be doubtful also.

Klopp knows best.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6351 on: May 14, 2022, 12:58:01 am »
Hopefully he is fit in Paris.
Believer

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6352 on: May 14, 2022, 01:09:41 am »
He's gonna be available against Real - even if he pulls out at the last minute.

Expecting a few players to get a big kicking in the FA Cup and be doubtful also
Yeah, part of me wants City to give West Ham a spanking so that we can wrap players in cotton wool for the final two games.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6353 on: May 22, 2022, 03:17:44 pm »
Klopp:

"Fabinho is training but not with us. He will at the beginning of next week." [SkySports]

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #6354 on: May 22, 2022, 10:49:43 pm »

Praying he is fit for Saturday. Talk of putting Milner into the midfield from the off is getting me worried.

Bigger blow than Thiago for me. Hendo can’t do the same job as him in that position but saying that, most people can’t

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6355 on: May 24, 2022, 09:08:49 pm »
Any news on Fab?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6356 on: May 24, 2022, 09:14:49 pm »
Any news on Fab?

According to his IMDb page, his next movie, Age of Stone and Sky: The Warlock's Curse, is set to come out this year.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6357 on: July 6, 2022, 11:34:25 pm »

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #6358 on: August 6, 2022, 08:10:14 pm »
Anyone else think those kind of performances have been slightly more common place over the past year or so? Where he really struggles to pick up the speed of the game and the opposition’s intensity? He’s still probably the best defensive midfielder in the league but never really seems to absolutely boss the game as he did during the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons. Hopefully he can reach those levels again soon, absolutely no reason why not.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #6359 on: August 6, 2022, 08:19:52 pm »
Anyone else think those kind of performances have been slightly more common place over the past year or so? Where he really struggles to pick up the speed of the game and the opposition’s intensity? He’s still probably the best defensive midfielder in the league but never really seems to absolutely boss the game as he did during the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons. Hopefully he can reach those levels again soon, absolutely no reason why not.

I agree, purely from an eye test (haven’t checked the stats) but it feels like you  rarely see the sort of breaking up of  attacks that were a lot more common in his first couple of seasons from him. I do think if we move to a double pivot 4231 we’ll see the best of him again