Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 315785 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Serie A
« Reply #3160 on: May 15, 2022, 06:40:05 pm »
Looks like AC Milan are going to win the league for the first time in ages.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: May 15, 2022, 06:51:17 pm »

Sassaulo could beat them on the final day. They have dropped off but it is a tricky away. Milan still have an untrustworthy feel to them. Pressure could do a lot to them.

Unlike the PL, in Serie A strange things have happened on the final day to front runners. 2000 and 2002 come to mind.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:53:00 pm by Andar »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3162 on: May 15, 2022, 06:55:53 pm »

Glad one of the Top 3 decided they wanted to win this - after all that faffing around drawing and losing they all did a few weeks back ;D

Milan [1] - 0 Atalanta; Rafael Leão 57' - https://streamff.com/v/5bd517

Milan [2] - 0 Atalanta; Theo Hernandez 75' - https://streamff.com/v/5fb921

2-0; full-time.

Cagliari v Inter Milan is the 7.45pm kick off. If Inter don't win... Milan are Champions. Cagliari are fighting to stay in Serie A in 18th position... so will be up for it too ;D

Cagliari XI: Cragno; Bellanova, Ceppitelli, Altare, Lykogiannis; Rog, Grassi, Dalbert; Marin; Joao Pedro, Pavoletti.
Inter XI: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Dzeko, Lautaro Martinez.

Streams: https://redi1.soccerstreams.net/event/cagliari-inter-live-stream/866507 & http://1stream.top/soccer/MjMzMDkwMzgz
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: May 15, 2022, 08:56:24 pm »
That goal from Theo Hernandez was pretty great. Can't imagine to many goals have been scored from a longer run (especially given the zig zagging).

Inter 2-0 up.

Edit: 1-2
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: May 15, 2022, 09:54:36 pm »
damn, seriously Milan will be crowned champions in a week. I didn't see that coming, I thought Inter would win it by 8+ pts.  Maybe getting kicked out of CL helped them focus in the league.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3165 on: May 20, 2022, 10:06:34 am »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3166 on: May 20, 2022, 08:30:51 pm »
I never foresaw the day I’d be delighted to hear another hedge fund is getting its hands on European Royalty, but that’s modern football.  Great news if this comes off.

In other news, Tammy Abraham’s real name is Kevin Abraham?!  Is this well-known?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3167 on: May 20, 2022, 08:48:12 pm »
I never foresaw the day I’d be delighted to hear another hedge fund is getting its hands on European Royalty, but that’s modern football.  Great news if this comes off.

In other news, Tammy Abraham’s real name is Kevin Abraham?!  Is this well-known?

Tammy is far cooler a name to go by.  A quick google shows that it’s a shortened nickname of one of his middle names.

He has a brother called Timmy  ;D

Tammy is having a heck of a season in Italy, 2 more goals so far tonight.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: May 20, 2022, 08:58:25 pm »
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/ribaltone-milan-un-passo-firma-la-cessione-fondo-redbird-AElia8ZB?refresh_ce=1

Redbird deal set to beat the Bahrain bid for AC Milan

Certainly much better than such a historic club being overtaken by Bahrain ...

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3169 on: May 22, 2022, 06:50:20 pm »
Milan fans are going wild in the stands
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:55 pm »
A deserved title for AC Milan. They did it the right way, and things will only get better for them after the takeover ...

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3171 on: May 22, 2022, 06:58:06 pm »
A deserved title for AC Milan. They did it the right way, and things will only get better for them after the takeover ...

What a good season in Italy and Ac to have the calm to keep it going and take the title is good to see. That’s 3 winners in 3 years
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: May 22, 2022, 07:04:44 pm »
What a good season in Italy and Ac to have the calm to keep it going and take the title is good to see. That’s 3 winners in 3 years

The Serie A is seriously re-gaining it's popularity in South-Eastern Europe, with the Premier League being bought by the oil countries most of the time. We have a good number of supporters, along with Real Madrid and Barcelona, but the top Serie A clubs are catching up pretty quickly, and I think they have already over-taken Man Utd ...

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: May 22, 2022, 07:07:34 pm »
I really don't know what rubbish Ivan Gazidis (AC Milan's CEO) played out at Arsenal....

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3174 on: May 22, 2022, 07:22:27 pm »
Well done to Milan, that’s a seriously impressive and unexpected achievement this season, especially closing it out like that.  Delighted for my man Giroud as well, breaking the number 9 curse and everything, always loved that guy.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: May 22, 2022, 08:14:11 pm »
Serie A is supremely cool. Bakayoko came out for the celebrations with a cigar. Most interesting league in Europe this season, just a shame Juventus recovered for the top 4.

Rafael Leao is another beast. I absolutely love him.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3176 on: May 22, 2022, 08:16:45 pm »
Well done Milan. Possibly the weakest winners in a long time though? They were poor in the CL and it's far from a vintage Milan. Going out of Europe before Christmas probably tipped the balance over Inter who put everything into that Liverpool tie and dropped a lot of points around it. Added to Napoli being Napoli.

For all the fuss of how good Inter were they've blown it this year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: May 22, 2022, 08:19:34 pm »
Vintage AC Milan wipes the floor with this current Seria A. That's not something that should be considered.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3178 on: May 22, 2022, 08:23:49 pm »
Vintage AC Milan wipes the floor with this current Seria A. That's not something that should be considered.

I say vintage Milan but even the Allegri team that won it, as well as the Ancelotti/Capello/Sacchi teams. All of them were competitive in the CL as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: May 22, 2022, 09:22:53 pm »
Salernitana 0-4 down at home in a very winnable game against Udinese with 57 gone. Bottles, cups, flares getting lobbed on. If Cagliari were to score (which would send Salernitana down) I can see a riot here.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: May 22, 2022, 09:33:20 pm »

To be fair I think vintage Milan that we faced in 2005 wins most leagues at a canter, and put up a real challenge in the PL. That team was phanomenally good

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3181 on: May 22, 2022, 09:35:08 pm »
To be fair I think vintage Milan that we faced in 2005 wins most leagues at a canter, and put up a real challenge in the PL. That team was phanomenally good
Arrigo Sacchi's Milan was miles better, I'd argue.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3182 on: May 22, 2022, 11:34:31 pm »
Well done Milan. Possibly the weakest winners in a long time though? They were poor in the CL and it's far from a vintage Milan. Going out of Europe before Christmas probably tipped the balance over Inter who put everything into that Liverpool tie and dropped a lot of points around it. Added to Napoli being Napoli.

For all the fuss of how good Inter were they've blown it this year.

Yep. Think Inter are ultimately the better side. Best of luck to AC when Origi joins them.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3183 on: May 23, 2022, 05:58:49 am »
Yeah, I think I chalk this up more to Inter bottling it but credit Milan for being there to take advantage. It's odd in that Serie A was clearly my 2nd favorite league this year but that was because of how fun watching Napoli, Atalanta, Inter and Roma could be. Milan were usually pretty boring and aside from our games against them I can't say I watched all that much more. Hopefully Origi gives them a bit more as far as entertainment.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: May 23, 2022, 10:46:08 am »
Tammy is far cooler a name to go by.  A quick google shows that it’s a shortened nickname of one of his middle names.

He has a brother called Timmy  ;D

Tammy is having a heck of a season in Italy, 2 more goals so far tonight.

He has had an ok season, but nothing more than that - has played by *far* the most minuted of anyone with similar number (or more) goals - 3100 mins for 17 goals and 4 assists is nothing special really - of the 27 players who have scored 10 or more goals, 18 of them have a better record this year than him, and of those with a worse record, nobody plays for a top 10 team (Raspadori, at Sassulo, who isn't even their main striker, is at the next best team; then Beto at Udinese and Arnautovic at Bologna).

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3185 on: May 23, 2022, 02:48:47 pm »

a decent piece on Milan's Serie A title win...

'Milan’s triumph of the collective finally casts off ‘Istanbul Syndrome’':-

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/23/milan-triumph-of-the-collective-finally-casts-off-istanbul-syndrome-serie-a

'Sassuolo vs Milan (0-3) | The Rossoneri Renaissance! Pioli's Milan Win Scudetto | Serie A Highlights':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0u8AdsyvEpU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0u8AdsyvEpU</a>

'Milan celebrate first Scudetto in 11 years!':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CW3u2ORvwlE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CW3u2ORvwlE</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3186 on: May 23, 2022, 02:59:54 pm »

They followed us to an extent in that they went to the top of European Football, dropped back to the pack due to a lack of investment and were out in the European wilderness for while. But by being savvy in the transfer market and not being held to ransom by players such as Calhanoglu and Donnarumma, they've got a squad of primarily young players that are locked in to playing and doing well with Milan. It's probably the weakest that Serie A has been in some time but that's not Milan's fault, they can only beat the other 19 teams they're competing against. Losing Kessie is a big blow but they've shown that they can recruit well and I'm sure they'll make some interesting moves this summer. Hopefully our Divock has a blast playing for them and wins a few more trophies, think he'll do really well in Italy.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3187 on: May 23, 2022, 03:57:05 pm »
a decent piece on Milan's Serie A title win...

'Milan’s triumph of the collective finally casts off ‘Istanbul Syndrome’':-

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/23/milan-triumph-of-the-collective-finally-casts-off-istanbul-syndrome-serie-a

'Sassuolo vs Milan (0-3) | The Rossoneri Renaissance! Pioli's Milan Win Scudetto | Serie A Highlights':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0u8AdsyvEpU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0u8AdsyvEpU</a>

'Milan celebrate first Scudetto in 11 years!':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CW3u2ORvwlE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CW3u2ORvwlE</a>

I like that quote in the article. 'You don't count goals, you weigh them' - Certainly true of a striker like Giroud and there can't be more many fitting of that quote than Divock Origi. Can see him scoring plenty of big goals for them.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: May 23, 2022, 04:02:51 pm »
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/ribaltone-milan-un-passo-firma-la-cessione-fondo-redbird-AElia8ZB?refresh_ce=1

Redbird deal set to beat the Bahrain bid for AC Milan

Is it official though? reckon there will be some brown envelopes going around tilting the bid in bahrain favour. Some of the Seria A bigwigs going to be spotted with their  2nd hand russian super yacht for facilitating such a friendly deal. ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3189 on: May 23, 2022, 06:15:19 pm »
They followed us to an extent in that they went to the top of European Football, dropped back to the pack due to a lack of investment and were out in the European wilderness for while. But by being savvy in the transfer market and not being held to ransom by players such as Calhanoglu and Donnarumma, they've got a squad of primarily young players that are locked in to playing and doing well with Milan. It's probably the weakest that Serie A has been in some time but that's not Milan's fault, they can only beat the other 19 teams they're competing against. Losing Kessie is a big blow but they've shown that they can recruit well and I'm sure they'll make some interesting moves this summer. Hopefully our Divock has a blast playing for them and wins a few more trophies, think he'll do really well in Italy.

It's also like us in that they turned heavily to analytics. Kind of funny in that Gazidis was a bum at Arsenal and now hired a bunch of nerds (some just off of their online work like Ben Torvaney and Tiago Estevao) to bring Milan back to the promised land.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: May 24, 2022, 07:32:38 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6mxrVrU724k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6mxrVrU724k</a>
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: June 1, 2022, 10:24:53 am »
Red Bird have agreed a deal to buy AC Milan.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3192 on: June 1, 2022, 11:27:32 am »
Good. Keep another sportswasher out of the game for the time being and get them ran in the same sensible vein they have since their current owners acquired them from China.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: June 2, 2022, 02:57:22 am »

Delighted Bahrain never got their mitts on them. Would have been a tragedy for football.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3194 on: June 27, 2022, 12:39:19 pm »
The newly elected mayor of Verona is... Damiano Tommasi, the former Roma midfielder. He started out of Verona before spending the majority of his career at Roma. He was president of the Italian PFA and has now been elected as centre-left candidate, defeating the right-wing incumbent. Verona has traditionally been a right-wing city too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3195 on: July 1, 2022, 11:27:21 pm »

Fair play to Venezia FC - some epic trolling of TikTok...

'Sadly, we’re on TikTok now. If you’re like 12, follow us there.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542146796981571585

'Absolutely wild that TikTok emailed us to take this down.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542878674189488128

'“As soon as possible.” Yeah we’ll get right on that.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542881962653884416

:wellin :lmao :thumbup

Online Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #3196 on: July 2, 2022, 02:38:00 am »
Fair play to Venezia FC - some epic trolling of TikTok...

'Sadly, we’re on TikTok now. If you’re like 12, follow us there.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542146796981571585

'Absolutely wild that TikTok emailed us to take this down.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542878674189488128

'“As soon as possible.” Yeah we’ll get right on that.' - https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542881962653884416

:wellin :lmao :thumbup

This is hilarious lol Need more teams like them!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: July 20, 2022, 03:29:43 pm »
Dybala joins Roma on a free transfer. I'm actually surprised there weren't many buyers for him even though he was free.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: July 20, 2022, 03:48:53 pm »
Remember reading Dybala's injury issues putting clubs off.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3199 on: July 20, 2022, 04:39:43 pm »
Dybala's influence seemed to have waned over the past few years now at Juve so not surprised he's not carried on there. He was excellent when he first went there and you wouldn't have expected him to be with Roma at 28. That Ronaldo signing done them no favours in the long term.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019