Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2819305 times)

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #21840 on: May 23, 2022, 01:04:57 pm »
It's clearly not true in the case of Alonso and Suarez. Suarez scored a goal in CL-final the year after he left us (winning a treble) and followed it up with 40 goals in La liga the next season (59 goals in 53 games in total!) as the won another title. Arguably, he got even better after he left, same thing with Alonso. Real Madrid wasn't quite as good Guardiola's Barca, but he won a title and the champions league with them after he left us. He was a key player before seeing out his career at Bayern.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21841 on: May 23, 2022, 01:07:38 pm »
Sorry, I missed your reply, but considering what you last asked, yes Salah is bit older. Alonso and Suarez were both 27 when they left.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21842 on: May 23, 2022, 01:08:36 pm »
Haha, maybe you're right, it might be my perception because I probably didn't watch them as often for them as I did for us.

Anyway, having thought about this a bit, apart from the point about our relative weakness when Alonso, Masch, etc left us, to bring it back to Salah, I think his age might be against him. Or am I wrong again about Alonso , Suarez etc being a bit younger than Salah when they left?

Yeah both 27 when they left so a couple of years younger.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21843 on: May 23, 2022, 08:07:56 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21844 on: May 23, 2022, 08:49:45 pm »
Yeah there's a fair few that people have named....but none of them left when we were really at our best either. I think thats the kicker here. Owen, Torres, Alonso, Masch, Suarez, Sterling, Stevie. They all left when we were either at a bit of a low ebb (Owen, Torres, Masch, Sterling, Stevie), left because we clearly didn't have the resources to kick on (Xabi) or left after a bit of a freak season when he was the catalyst (Suarez).

When they left it was always a bit of a case of 'fucking hell what does that leave us with?'. If Mo decides to go (still dont think he will) we can do the same and go 'Okay Alisson, Trent, Virg, Ibou, Robbo, Thiago, Fab, Naby, Diaz, Mane, Bobby, Diogo and more AND a load of really promising kids AND an amazing manager who has just extended his contract. We are in a much, much stronger position than when any of those guys left.

To add to what you have said, there's not many who left us when we were at the top who were important to the team and none were a great success elsewhere. Keegan had said at the start of the 76/77 season he was going, he left with a League/European Cup and bringing Kenny in made us stronger, Clem had a step down, Rushie learned a lot in Italy, but LFC was his best place to be.

Mo has to think, will he be happier at another club and will get have the relationship with the staff and supporters he has here. If he thinks he can, or he just wants to play elsewhere as he fancies it, then fine, off you pop, but be careful, as the grass isn't always greener.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #21845 on: May 23, 2022, 09:45:59 pm »
Why does salah not cross the ball? He always cuts inside on this left foot and takes a shot into a crowded penalty area, I’m trying to think if I’ve ever seen him go right and whip a ball in with his right foot into the box?
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21846 on: May 23, 2022, 09:47:06 pm »
Why does salah not cross the ball? He always cuts inside on this left foot and takes a shot into a crowded penalty area, I’m trying to think if I’ve ever seen him go right and whip a ball in with his right foot into the box?

Diaz goal vs Utd.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21847 on: May 23, 2022, 09:49:05 pm »

Diaz goal vs Utd.

Robertson goal against Everton.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21848 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:38 pm »
Robertson goal against Everton.

Matip goal against Leeds.

Your turn Hazell.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21849 on: May 23, 2022, 10:05:28 pm »
Matip goal against Leeds.

Your turn Hazell.

Firmino goal against Norwich :P

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21850 on: May 23, 2022, 10:11:35 pm »
Firmino goal against Norwich :P

Origi goal against Wolves :)

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21851 on: May 23, 2022, 10:17:07 pm »
Origi goal against Wolves :)

Jota goal vs Southampton.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #21852 on: May 23, 2022, 10:26:20 pm »
I love Mo. He's always given his best for us. Instrumental in our resurgence as a European super club, respected and feared around the world. He's been part of that. But, only a part and only as a member of the band. Lead guitar, maybe, gets a few solo's, the crowd goes wild but then he slots back in because it's the music the crowd want to hear. When the band play the music with bass and rhythmn and the drums all in sync. When the front man belts out the vocals and the backing singers shooby do wap. When the saxophone gets its groove on and the piano ebbs and flows. They are in heaven. Earth, Wind and Fire!

If Mo wants to go solo, or join another band, the band will wish him well, peace, love and understanding. He's on the albums, the tours together will never be forgotten and thanks for the memories. When that is announced, there will be a queue round the block with lead guitarists desperate to join the band cos they know it is the best band in the world. As musicians, they know this band make the music they want to play. They will get their solo's, they will have their day. But it is the band, the music, the albums, the live tours, the acclaim, the adulation, the worship they crave. Mo might miss that. He might not. I hope he stays but the music won't stop.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:27:56 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21853 on: May 24, 2022, 12:56:17 am »
Fan of the Band want Mo

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21854 on: May 24, 2022, 01:17:02 am »
What if we get a new lad who's vocals crack windows, the birds fly away and even the bitters close their curtains to?

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21855 on: May 24, 2022, 04:24:51 am »
What if we get a new lad who's vocals crack windows, the birds fly away and even the bitters close their curtains to?
Yeah sure, he can join too :D

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21856 on: May 24, 2022, 06:09:29 am »
I love Mo. He's always given his best for us. Instrumental in our resurgence as a European super club, respected and feared around the world. He's been part of that. But, only a part and only as a member of the band. Lead guitar, maybe, gets a few solo's, the crowd goes wild but then he slots back in because it's the music the crowd want to hear. When the band play the music with bass and rhythmn and the drums all in sync. When the front man belts out the vocals and the backing singers shooby do wap. When the saxophone gets its groove on and the piano ebbs and flows. They are in heaven. Earth, Wind and Fire!

If Mo wants to go solo, or join another band, the band will wish him well, peace, love and understanding. He's on the albums, the tours together will never be forgotten and thanks for the memories. When that is announced, there will be a queue round the block with lead guitarists desperate to join the band cos they know it is the best band in the world. As musicians, they know this band make the music they want to play. They will get their solo's, they will have their day. But it is the band, the music, the albums, the live tours, the acclaim, the adulation, the worship they crave. Mo might miss that. He might not. I hope he stays but the music won't stop.

I loved the 2017-18 album.. it was raw and edgy and new..

2018-19 album was slightly more refined and despite not doing as well in the charts, it got proper critical acclaim..

2019-20 album went platinum..

2020-21 the drummer and the back up drummer and the second back up drummer all had lengthy spells away from the band..

2021-22 The band got their mojo back and have delivered hit after hit.. And are just waiting to pick up Album of the Year at the Grammy's in Paris..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #21857 on: May 24, 2022, 07:30:32 am »
If there is divine justice for that last, horrible, CL final with Real Madrid, then Mo will
have a beautiful purple patch of a night in Paris.

All it needs is one good touch and a split second of space.

Believe.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21858 on: May 24, 2022, 09:11:45 am »
I feel a bit of pity for Mendy or Marcelo, or whoever they put in front of Mo in Paris. There will be no stopping him this time, he's been dreaming about this for years.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21859 on: May 24, 2022, 10:31:19 am »
Just hope he channels it in the right way and doesn’t go on a one man mission to win the game alone. Sometimes players seem to let emotion get the better of them and try too hard in big games

The usual twitter shite has started pulling up stats about goals from open play in cup finals for Salah and it doesn’t matter but i’d fucking love him to grab a couple of goals and see what shite they come out with then

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21860 on: May 24, 2022, 10:45:19 am »
I think he'll get a lot more space to operate in compared to normal. A lot of teams in the league have started double marking him but for the teams that try and go for it and attack us, he usually does well.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #21861 on: May 24, 2022, 12:40:26 pm »

Had enough examples thrown at you to retract?

Or do you need further convincing? Like him winning an actual League Trophy for highest number of assists....

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #21863 on: May 24, 2022, 08:55:44 pm »
I loved the 2017-18 album.. it was raw and edgy and new..

2018-19 album was slightly more refined and despite not doing as well in the charts, it got proper critical acclaim..

2019-20 album went platinum..

2020-21 the drummer and the back up drummer and the second back up drummer all had lengthy spells away from the band..

2021-22 The band got their mojo back and have delivered hit after hit.. And are just waiting to pick up Album of the Year at the Grammy's in Paris..

Amen to that, brother/sister. Yeah, 2020-21, started with promise but when the rythmn section went on drums to compensate, we lost...rythmn. Were struggling live, no fans, had to watch on tv but bringing those two sessionals in late on saved the day.

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21864 on: May 25, 2022, 12:07:30 pm »
He IS the best in the world. Time to show it on Saturday.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21865 on: May 25, 2022, 12:58:07 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-afQjAlJh/

8)

(can't embed, sorry, says the file is too big)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #21866 on: May 25, 2022, 01:15:38 pm »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:21:54 pm by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21867 on: May 25, 2022, 02:39:36 pm »
paul joyce @_pauljoyce
Mo Salah: "I am staying next season for sure."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #21868 on: May 25, 2022, 02:42:11 pm »
"... And leaving on a free next summer"

Nah, seriously, let's hope not  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21869 on: May 25, 2022, 02:45:40 pm »

After he's seen what Mbappe has just done can you blame him? Sucks for us though if he does. Another year of him but a £100m asset gone for nothing isn't good for a club that spends what it earns.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21870 on: May 25, 2022, 02:48:10 pm »
Love that from Mo

"Who is going to be your unlikely match winner this time?"

"Hopefully me"

;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21871 on: May 25, 2022, 02:48:29 pm »
Win us Big Ears, then the title next season and it would be a great way to bow out.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21872 on: May 25, 2022, 02:49:04 pm »
Love that from Mo

"Who is going to be your unlikely match winner this time?"

"Hopefully me"

;D

radiates confidence doesn't he :)

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21873 on: May 25, 2022, 02:50:34 pm »

Doubt it.

Just can’t see him saying that unless the contract was en route to be honest, for a number of reasons.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21874 on: May 25, 2022, 02:53:34 pm »
It’s as literal as he’s said it, he wont be leaving this summer but then that doesn’t really change anything from the current situation. Really hope he does stay, be a shame to see such a great player leave and it would be amazing to see what more he can achieve here

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21875 on: May 25, 2022, 02:57:55 pm »
After he's seen what Mbappe has just done can you blame him? Sucks for us though if he does. Another year of him but a £100m asset gone for nothing isn't good for a club that spends what it earns.

Swings and roundabouts. We're at, or very close to, the top of the food chain. If he does leave on a free (again, pretty confident he'll sign a new contract) then thats shit, but we might also benefit ourselves with another player leaving on a free.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #21876 on: May 25, 2022, 03:09:05 pm »
Swings and roundabouts. We're at, or very close to, the top of the food chain. If he does leave on a free (again, pretty confident he'll sign a new contract) then thats shit, but we might also benefit ourselves with another player leaving on a free.

I think there is a fair chance he does leave on a free. But think of it the other way round, by not bumping him up to £300k a week on a new contact, that extra cash is saved and you get prime Salah for another year.

He won't owe us anything in that case, given his contribution.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21877 on: May 25, 2022, 03:16:02 pm »
Yes we are well past the point where we can expect £100m+ for selling Salah now, between his dwindling contract, getting older and his alarming dip in form. If we were going to sell him this summer, it will be for around £50m IMO.

If he could regain his pre-AFCON form for all of next season then I'd be happy to take the hit to keep him and lose him on a free in 2023.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21878 on: May 25, 2022, 03:22:38 pm »
Yes we are well past the point where we can expect £100m+ for selling Salah now, between his dwindling contract, getting older and his alarming dip in form. If we were going to sell him this summer, it will be for around £50m IMO.

If he could regain his pre-AFCON form for all of next season then I'd be happy to take the hit to keep him and lose him on a free in 2023.

This.

To be honest he’s possibly an option for West Ham if they don’t get the Lingaard deal done.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21879 on: May 25, 2022, 03:25:18 pm »
If we win the final keep him for another year. If not we sell him.  :D