Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 308562 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: IPTV
« Reply #2080 on: May 9, 2022, 12:17:50 pm »
20 is more than enough for 1080 Paul,25 is just about enough for 4k

A lot of "providers" concentrate on the links that are in the daily events/PL sections when the game is on,so maybe try looking for one of those instead of the uk feeds.
Spurs game it worked ok

currently in the bedding in period with the new wifi, so speeds are fluctuating. Earlier in the year some games (Inter away and Burnley away) were horrible
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2081 on: May 9, 2022, 09:44:56 pm »
Yeah, I have tivimate pro on my main sub. Best app I’ve tried to date although you need the web address and login details. A lot of providers don’t give out the address anymore as far as I know so you have to use the apps provided. Think it’s about €7 a year covering 5 devices for tivimate.

I use tivimate, and this is what i do to get the url. Install blustacks and the providers app on my laptop. Then use wireshark to capture packets out of the laptop. In the app, refresh the dns in the provider app and look in wireshark for the dns packets. In there you will find to url of the provider which you can then stick in tivimate

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: May 9, 2022, 11:42:56 pm »
I use tivimate, and this is what i do to get the url. Install blustacks and the providers app on my laptop. Then use wireshark to capture packets out of the laptop. In the app, refresh the dns in the provider app and look in wireshark for the dns packets. In there you will find to url of the provider which you can then stick in tivimate
Thanks for the heads up. Luckily the url has since been sent to me so all good.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2083 on: May 23, 2022, 09:07:09 am »
I would appreciate it anyone can provide me with a good IPTV please. Binning Sky off next month so would like to see what it’s about. Thanks.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #2084 on: May 25, 2022, 08:44:35 pm »
I would appreciate it anyone can provide me with a good IPTV please. Binning Sky off next month so would like to see what it’s about. Thanks.

Also interested if anyone has a recommendation.....ta.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: May 26, 2022, 10:57:00 pm »
Any reason why a wizard iptv app on the firestick keeps sayin 'no internet connection' even though all other apps work fine?  I've took the fs elsewhere to test and the same problem occurs. I had the guy reset it and it worked fine, took it back to me ma's and straight away goes back to no internet connection, just that app 🤷🏻 btw its not sky broadband it vodafone
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2086 on: May 26, 2022, 11:16:44 pm »
Any reason why a wizard iptv app on the firestick keeps sayin 'no internet connection' even though all other apps work fine?  I've took the fs elsewhere to test and the same problem occurs. I had the guy reset it and it worked fine, took it back to me ma's and straight away goes back to no internet connection, just that app 🤷🏻 btw its not sky broadband it vodafone

Check if there's a way for you to update the url/app,they usualy show no connection if that has changed or they've taken the servers offline to update.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: May 26, 2022, 11:30:07 pm »

Check if there's a way for you to update the url/app,they usualy show no connection if that has changed or they've taken the servers offline to update.
but its only triggered at the one address, once it 'goes' I have to get in touch with the supplier and he resets it at his end using the mac address so it must be the latest version. i cant get my head around it, typical, when you get family askin for stuff it always becomes a nightmare
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2088 on: June 2, 2022, 10:37:21 am »
would the sub be locked to 1 IP address, it would be unusual but that could be the problem? ask him for a test and try it in your ma's on another stick with a fresh app install.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2089 on: June 10, 2022, 12:56:54 pm »
Doesn't do sport but I've got a Plex share now. Everything on demand I could ever want

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #2090 on: June 10, 2022, 01:03:08 pm »
Sorry guys, I've scrolled back a few pages and couldn't see the answer.

Went on holiday to spain and it had a firestick that could stream live tv (I watched the CL final) but also had a library of films and tv shows.

On the back of this I've bought a firestick and i've gone through adding downloader etc. What I can't quite figure out what to do is find an app like they had in Spain. I'm happy to pay for something good, so doesn't have to be free. Any suggestions?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: June 10, 2022, 03:50:48 pm »
I’ve used a few apps, but Tivimate has been way better than anything else. You’ll still need an IPTV provider to log into via Tivimate though.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: June 10, 2022, 03:53:51 pm »
Sorry guys, I've scrolled back a few pages and couldn't see the answer.

Went on holiday to spain and it had a firestick that could stream live tv (I watched the CL final) but also had a library of films and tv shows.

On the back of this I've bought a firestick and i've gone through adding downloader etc. What I can't quite figure out what to do is find an app like they had in Spain. I'm happy to pay for something good, so doesn't have to be free. Any suggestions?

I like using IPTV Smarters Pro. It's really good.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #2093 on: June 10, 2022, 08:36:30 pm »
Ah i didnt realise i need a separate iptv subscription. Thant makes sense. Ill have a look.

Thanks

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: June 11, 2022, 11:40:07 am »
Doesn't do sport but I've got a Plex share now. Everything on demand I could ever want

https://yamiall.com/

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #2095 on: June 12, 2022, 07:36:02 pm »
i can point you all in the right direction for iptv..ive had it over 2 years,never missed a beat

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2096 on: June 15, 2022, 02:40:49 pm »
For a dummy here, what is a Plex Share?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: June 15, 2022, 04:14:30 pm »
For a dummy here, what is a Plex Share?

Sign up for Plex (Free) and you can subscribe to a Plex VOD service. You give the server owner your Plex username and they add you to their Plex server, then when you open Plex you can see all of their shared content. I've got one that I subscribe to for about £3.50 a month and there's literally everything I can think of on there. My IPTV provider has VOD as well but a more limited selection.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: June 17, 2022, 10:03:30 am »
They're pretty up to date too. Mine has like, Netflix releases a few hours after. If you're watching any current series they'll appear.

The film library on mine is so exhaustive I could scroll through the alphabet for five full minutes and I probably wouldn't have seen everything they offer

Downsides? Not for live channels. There's no Search I don't think? (I look for shows alphabetically) But I add stuff to my watch list and boom it sits right there

Never quite got on with IPTV, when I needed it for matches it would cut out. With different services. I'll sort that separately next season. Don't watch live telly anymore, Plex is available on phone, tablet, consoles etc. And is itself free to use (I stream my own content locally anyway). Plus for me now, that's one payment. IPTV i had to bother with an app VPN etc.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 10:13:51 am by ToneLa »

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: June 17, 2022, 10:14:52 am »
Yeah you can search on Plex

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: June 17, 2022, 11:03:14 am »
Yeah just noticed lol

Yep, this stuff is great! A lot do 4k too, the one I linked a few posts up does

Sooo a good alternative to IPTV especially if you watch on demand rather than live channels

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: June 22, 2022, 10:46:57 pm »
Ahead of the new season, I'm looking to get IPTV. I'm just starting my research, but can anyone let me know if it's actually possible to get true 4k/UHD via IPTV or is it limited to FHD?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: June 22, 2022, 10:52:25 pm »
FHD, some 720p and most of it is only 30fps as well. Mine has some 50fps but not too many.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: June 23, 2022, 01:05:48 pm »
My plex has the new Beavis and Butthead in 4K already

Huh huh huh, huh huh. He said butt!

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: June 23, 2022, 01:10:06 pm »
There's a new Beavis and Butthead!?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: June 23, 2022, 03:09:02 pm »
Yeah a film where they go into 2022

Hehheheh hehe I said into

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: June 23, 2022, 04:10:58 pm »
Ahead of the new season, I'm looking to get IPTV. I'm just starting my research, but can anyone let me know if it's actually possible to get true 4k/UHD via IPTV or is it limited to FHD?

All have FHD (60fps for games) & lots have 4k streams for the/our games.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2107 on: June 27, 2022, 10:23:10 pm »
If anyone has a decent plex service could you let me know please and point me in the right direction. I’m tempted to give this a try if it isn’t too expensive as my RD subscription is due to be renewed soon and I’ve noticed quite a few newer TV shows can take a few days before a 1080P or 4K RD link appears.

When using the Plex service do you need to use it behind a VPN so that your ISP can’t see what you’re doing?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: June 27, 2022, 11:16:03 pm »
I pay £4 a month for mine. It’s got everything on it, tried to catch it out with some obscure films but it’s always there, and there’s a Discord support channel. Loads of 4K content as well. No VPN needed. I’ll PM you his link.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2109 on: June 27, 2022, 11:33:01 pm »
I pay £4 a month for mine. It’s got everything on it, tried to catch it out with some obscure films but it’s always there, and there’s a Discord support channel. Loads of 4K content as well. No VPN needed. I’ll PM you his link.

Do you get your own profile? Like if you watch half an episode of Stranger Things for example, would that be there on the deck for you the next time you opened Plex? Or would whatever other people on the shared server have been watching be on the deck?

I set my brother up on a paid Plex server and his is like that (shared profile tracking everybody's shows) and I think it'd really annoy me. I run my own Plex server for personal use with downloaded content but for £4 a month I think I'd consider selling the server since that's all I use it for if there's a good alternative.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: June 28, 2022, 06:39:25 am »
Yeah it’s your own profile. You give the server owner your Plex username and he adds you to his server so it’s all what you’ve watched etc not anybody else

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: June 28, 2022, 08:23:39 am »
If anyone has a decent plex service could you let me know please and point me in the right direction. I’m tempted to give this a try if it isn’t too expensive as my RD subscription is due to be renewed soon and I’ve noticed quite a few newer TV shows can take a few days before a 1080P or 4K RD link appears.

When using the Plex service do you need to use it behind a VPN so that your ISP can’t see what you’re doing?

You pay for 6 months at a time on this one, but I'm lovin it. Others exist  :)

I'm not using a VPN. I dunno, maybe I'm a dangerous firebrand / idiot, but where I got this from, nobody is talking about a VPN. It's not like you're stealing live sports.

And at any rate the way it works is the vendor is your "friend" who happens to share their library. That's a standard Plex feature

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2112 on: June 28, 2022, 01:27:33 pm »

I'm not using a VPN. I dunno, maybe I'm a dangerous firebrand / idiot, but where I got this from, nobody is talking about a VPN. It's not like you're stealing live sports.

And at any rate the way it works is the vendor is your "friend" who happens to share their library. That's a standard Plex feature

Yeah from what I can see accessing a plex share isn't the same as using IPTV to stream live sports, of which I do use the VPN on my firestick.  The VPN does work well on my firestick, but at times the connection speed does drop quite a bit which wouldn't be good for viewing 4k content from a plex share.

Just wondered if there was a grey area when it comes to streaming copyrighted material from a plex share that is owned by someone else and how much your ISP can see when you're accessing content from a plex share.

Will give one of these a go on a free trial  :)

Offline Lalesa

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2113 on: June 30, 2022, 04:01:47 pm »
When I cut the cord, I switched to a Firestick. In order to stream Live TV channels, I installed PVR IPTV Simple Client https://www.firesticktricks.com/pvr-iptv-simple-client-on-kodi.html. This addon offers no content of its own. It works with your existing IPTV subscriptions. So, you need to integrate your current IPTV service with this addon to stream channels on Kodi. Its main feature is that it makes your IPTV subscription available on a wide range of devices.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2022, 09:35:41 am by Lalesa »

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2114 on: July 1, 2022, 06:39:50 pm »

Have you got any details for this ?

You pay for 6 months at a time on this one, but I'm lovin it. Others exist  :)

Stupid question but which option do you purchase on that site ? Also - bit of a Plex newbie - what difference does the number of streams make (or is that the equivalent of simultaneous connections) ? I would looking at using it on just one device and don't need 4k as my TV doesn't support it though I will be using a 4k Firestick. And what's the difference between direct play and transcoded ?
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 06:43:55 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: July 1, 2022, 08:00:01 pm »

Stupid question but which option do you purchase on that site ? Also - bit of a Plex newbie - what difference does the number of streams make (or is that the equivalent of simultaneous connections) ? I would looking at using it on just one device and don't need 4k as my TV doesn't support it though I will be using a 4k Firestick. And what's the difference between direct play and transcoded ?

Options go into Products > Plex shares. First option for me, went six months. With porn lol oops. Without XXX is no porn. I wish I went that one actually haha

Streams: available sources. Eg I can stream Daria off box one or two. Better word? Availability

Nothing to do with your device. I use my upstairs telly and my downstairs PS5.

Transcoding is basically putting the file through a conversion process. Usually to make it compatible with hardware, but also can be smaller, and therefore smoother. Direct play is the file on their server, Transcoding is for "hmm this might perform better on my firestick"

Having a bit of trouble with 4K films this week, but only on PS5. Transcoding fixes it. Basically, these are options.

You don't need to worry about it unless you have issues. Once it's sorted, it's literally just you and Plex. And plex is easy.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 08:02:41 pm by ToneLa »

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2116 on: July 1, 2022, 08:42:14 pm »
Options go into Products > Plex shares. First option for me, went six months. With porn lol oops. Without XXX is no porn. I wish I went that one actually haha

Streams: available sources. Eg I can stream Daria off box one or two. Better word? Availability

Nothing to do with your device. I use my upstairs telly and my downstairs PS5.

Transcoding is basically putting the file through a conversion process. Usually to make it compatible with hardware, but also can be smaller, and therefore smoother. Direct play is the file on their server, Transcoding is for "hmm this might perform better on my firestick"

Having a bit of trouble with 4K films this week, but only on PS5. Transcoding fixes it. Basically, these are options.

You don't need to worry about it unless you have issues. Once it's sorted, it's literally just you and Plex. And plex is easy.

Thanks mate, all very useful info.

Shame that only do 6/12 month options for Plex  ???

Didn't realise they did an automated  24hr trial so I am currently testing the hell out of their Plex service on a 4k Firestick. Stumbled upon the porn channel when I mistook the "XXXFolder name here" for the, kind of, industry standard "zzz..." for folders to be deleted  :D

Do you use their IPTV service as well ?? Their discord seems to suggest they have pretty much all the UK channels as well as all the Premier League games

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: July 1, 2022, 10:20:52 pm »
Np

Don't use their iptv but I might. See what I feel when footie starts up!

Let me know how the firestick goes, my PS5 is a bit poor at 4k movies. My telly isn't Weirdly, think it'd a device thingy

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2118 on: July 1, 2022, 10:58:59 pm »
Np

Don't use their iptv but I might. See what I feel when footie starts up!

Let me know how the firestick goes, my PS5 is a bit poor at 4k movies. My telly isn't Weirdly, think it'd a device thingy

The 4k & max fire sticks are top notch Tone,wait until they're on sale though.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2119 on: July 2, 2022, 11:03:19 am »
Go to say that I have never used Plex before and from a client-end UI I am very impressed, even on fairly low spec Firestick. So impressed I am thinking about switching to it on my local setup and moving away from Kodi.

So I currently have Kodi scanning/scraping/playing files from a NAS drive. All the 'TV shows are neatly sorted into series & seasons and all the films are neatly sorted into collections i.e all Bond films are in a sub folder, etc. There are also add-ons in it that (a) replicate what this Plex service is doing (but using real-debrid instead) and (b) gets me the 3pm footie [ I don't currently have IPTV ]

I assume all of that - bar the 3pm footie (?) - can be done through a local Plex server ? Does the server need to be fairly powerful ? Or is just serving the files to the client ?