Author Topic: Craig Bellamy  (Read 24869 times)

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Bellamy
« on: September 9, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/craig-bellamy-says-gary-speeds-1314258

"Losing my best mate destroyed my marriage": Craig Bellamy reveals how his life fell apart after Gary Speed's death

Football star Craig Bellamy has tearfully revealed how his marriage is over, saying: “It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, the former ­Manchester City and Liverpool striker tells how the death of close friend Gary Speed left him so heartbroken it destroyed his relationship with wife Claire.

The Cardiff City player has now moved out the £2million home he shared with his childhood sweetheart and their three children, saying he no longer cares about football.

“I’ve been living on my own for eight weeks now,” he says. “There’s no one else involved. I wish there was. I wish I had someone and I wish she (Claire) had someone. That would make it easier.

“It’s hit me hard. It’s nothing to do with football and it’s nothing to do with me as a footballer. I couldn’t give a s*** about football.

“It’s about real people, human ­beings, kids and families. I can’t tell you how hard it is. It’s the worst time in my life ever.”

Speaking at the flat he has rented just outside the city, tears fill his eyes as he speaks about Speed, 42, who was found ­hanging in the garage of his home in Cheshire last November.

The father of two was Bellamy’s former boss at Cardiff City and also used to play with him at ­Newcastle.

“Losing my best mate has affected everything,” Bellamy says. “I can’t believe how hard it is. It has had an effect on everything.

“He was the best mate I’ve ever had. It’s sad but unfortunately it got to my ­marriage. I’m here and she’s there.

“I don’t know if that’s it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I’m ­struggling. I can’t lie.”

His comments come only weeks after he starred at the Olympics as captain of Team GB. He bravely put aside his ­personal ­heartache as he led the team as far as the ­quarter finals.

Bellamy, 33, known as the bad boy of ­football, first started going out with Claire, also 33, when they were schoolchildren and they married in 2006.

He has often spoken of how important his wife and three children are to him.

“I surround myself with family,” he said last August. “I have got the most ­incredible wife in the world and ­unbelievable kids.”

And in an interview last year he spoke revealingly about how he often suffered from homesickness while away playing for his team.

“I spent nights crying myself to sleep,” he said. “I look at ­everything I have. I look at my children and everything I have is due to that. Now even if I spend Friday night away in a hotel, just one night, I can’t wait to get home.

“Before I would spend all my hours at training, come home, sleep, eat, watch ­football, sleep and go back to training the next day. Now I do the school run, train, pick up my daughter. I am ­living in the real world. I am a father now. That has given me more satisfaction than ­football.”

But all that fell apart when his ­relationship with Claire broke down. He left the family home in a village just outside Cardiff after the couple had an emotional heart-to-heart.

A friend said: “Claire asked Craig to leave and he agreed. He’s really close to his kids, so to leave them and be on his own is a big deal. It all happened so ­suddenly.

“A businessman friend of his lives in a beautiful converted pub which he has agreed to rent to Craig. He told him he was in a desperate hurry and that he would have to leave all his furniture there for him.

“Everyone is hoping it isn’t the end for him and Claire but it doesn’t look good.”

On Friday morning he drove his car out of the property’s ­underground car park and spent three hours at ­Cardiff City’s training ground.

He spent last week looking for a more ­permanent new home. On Thursday, he was spotted at a ­Cardiff ­lettings agency just an hour before being seen carrying bags into a new apartment.

Meanwhile, earlier this week he was forced to deny online claims that he had retired “with immediate ­effect”.

He issued a statement saying he was “fully ­committed” to playing football and that he hoped to be fit for a match next Saturday.

Cardiff City boss ­Malky Mackay, forced to ­respond to rumours on Twitter that Bellamy was about to quit the game for ­“undisclosed ­reasons”, told reporters: “There are plenty of ­rumours going about, but I’ve told you, he’s torn his calf.”

Bellamy is one of ­football’s most ­controversial figures. In January 2005 he repeatedly clashed with former ­Newcastle boss Graeme Souness over his insistence on playing Bellamy in midfield.

In March 2007, the night before ­Liverpool’s Champions League final against Barcelona, an allegedly drunk Bellamy confronted teammate John Arne Riise armed with a golf club. Then, after equalising against Barca, Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing in a mocking reference to the night before.

Two years later, during a game for Manchester City against arch-rivals United, he slapped a pitch invader as stewards attempted to remove the man.

In March 2010, after scoring twice against Chelsea, Bellamy launched a scathing attack on Blues’ captain John Terry over his affair with the partner of teammate Wayne Bridge.

He said: “I know what JT is like. ­Nothing surprises me about that guy.”

And last January he was charged with common ­assault after inflicting ­facial injuries on two men during a night out in Cardiff. He was later released with a caution.

All this came after he ­insisted in 2006, after marrying Claire and signing for his boyhood idols Liverpool in a £6million deal, that maturity and marriage had made him a changed man.

---

Really sad read that. Hopefully everything turns out better for Bellamy.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Craig Bellamy's massive troubles after Gary Speed's death
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »
 :(

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »
Hope things work out for him. Bereavement is a long painful process. All the best Craig.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline SquirmyRooter

• RoomySquirter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »
I lost my best mate when we were both 35, he more or less died in my arms, I found it very difficult to come to terms with, when you're not part of the family you feel kind of out of it. I cut myself off, drank too much, amongst other unhelpful 'coping strategies' as i later found out they were called. I was lucky enough to have private medical at work and got referred for counselling/therapy which was brilliant.
Insight, Perspective, Objectivity.

No Delusions Here.

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2012, 04:47:36 pm »

All the best Craig.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2012, 04:49:44 pm »
This puts things into perspective. Hope Bellamy can get some counselling to help with the bereavement

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6 on: September 9, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »
Fuck. Best mate lives in Cardiff and said been a lot of chat about him retiring.

Horrible story.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »
Pack it in Craig. Bigger things need sorting out :(

And that's a right cuntish write up by whoever journalist that was

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #8 on: September 9, 2012, 05:44:51 pm »
Feel really badly for Craig as I've gone through similar times after losing my younger brother. He's made a tough move to leave the family, but it could be for the best as being in that state can cause you to lash out at the people who love you the most. Here's hoping he can get his head right and get back to the wife and kids. I don't agree with the sentiment that he ought to retire though, I think football could be a necessary distraction. The last thing someone in this situation needs is more alone time to dwell. Best of luck Craig, you're a good man.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2012, 05:48:47 pm by Heighwayondawing »
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »
Horrible to read that. All the best to him.

No wonder his form dipped second half of last season and no wonder he wanted to go back to Wales. Should be in the LFC forum this.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2012, 06:15:34 pm »
Best of luck Craig, hope you pull your thing together.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2012, 06:21:06 pm »
Explains a lot involving his move away from us. With his wife and kids living just outside Cardiff, even being out his family home, being near there is going to be much better for him.

I hope he can sort himself and his family life out. He seems to know where his priorities are which is a good start. He has always come across as a genuine and honest guy (maybe too much so at times) but I hope it ends well for him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2012, 06:23:21 pm »
Shame this.

Good luck Craig.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »
All the best craig  hope it all sorts itself out,  ynwa.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Afrodude

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: September 9, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 9, 2012, 06:40:54 pm »
In March 2007, the night before ­Liverpool’s Champions League final against Barcelona, an allegedly drunk Bellamy confronted teammate John Arne Riise armed with a golf club. Then, after equalising against Barca, Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing in a mocking reference to the night before.

Monday 19 February 2007
Liverpool's preparations for Wednesday's Champions League game at Barcelona have been overshadowed by drunken misbehaviour on the Algarve. Craig Bellamy is facing a heavy fine and an uncertain future after a night out allegedly concluded with the forward using a golf club to attack his team-mate John Arne Riise.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/19/newsstory.sport3

Good research Mirror.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16 on: September 9, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »
Good research Mirror.

Am I missing something?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 9, 2012, 06:52:03 pm »
Am I missing something?

The timeline.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 9, 2012, 06:53:20 pm »
Am I missing something?
Pretty sure we didnt play a champions league final against Barcelona in 2007....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19 on: September 9, 2012, 06:54:27 pm »
The timeline.

Pretty sure we didnt play a champions league final against Barcelona in 2007....

Ok.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 9, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »
No, the article makes it seem as if the golf club incident happened the night before the final.

It was several weeks before. The golf swing incident did happen, just not the next day.

Am I going mad  ???

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 9, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
Sad to hear this. Hope all works out for you Craig.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »
ynwa Craig.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #23 on: September 9, 2012, 07:04:31 pm »
Will never understand why you'd tell a journo something like this.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Bellamy's massive troubles after Gary Speed's death
« Reply #24 on: September 9, 2012, 07:36:05 pm »
Very sad, even worse that he finally got a move back to Cardiff to be closer to his family and now she's swerved him.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #25 on: September 9, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »
Hope things start to get better for him. YNWA.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 9, 2012, 07:58:05 pm »
Bereavement is a long and horrible process.

Hope he's getting the support he needs.

YNWA Craig.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 9, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »
Will never understand why you'd tell a journo something like this.
Usually it's because the journo already has the story and is threatening to run it anyway...
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 9, 2012, 08:14:55 pm »
Very sad, even worse that he finally got a move back to Cardiff to be closer to his family and now she's swerved him.

Think he moved to try and sort it out.

And if she was going to leave him then at least he will be near his kids.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 9, 2012, 08:52:41 pm »
Really hope he can get through this and carry on playing.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 9, 2012, 08:58:04 pm »
He's out at the moment with a torn calf I read.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »
Had no idea things were this bad for him, hope he gets the help he needs to come to terms with Speed's death.

Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 9, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19536060

Craig Bellamy: 'I can't tell you how hard it is. It's the worst time in my life ever.'

Footballer Craig Bellamy says the death of the former Wales manager Gary Speed has led to the "worst time in my life" and the break-up of his marriage.

The Cardiff City and Wales player told the Sunday Mirror: "All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling."

Ex-Premier League star Speed was found hanged at his Cheshire home last year.

His parents and family members marked what would have been his 43rd birthday on Saturday with a walk up Moel Famau, Denbighshire, near his childhood home.

Roger and Carol Speed told Wales on Sunday the family are still coming to terms with his death in November 2011.
I don't know if that's it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling”

Bellamy, 33, whose former clubs include Liverpool and Manchester City, told the Sunday Mirror he has moved out of the marital home he shared with his wife Claire and their three children.

He said: "Losing my best mate has affected everything. I can't believe how hard it is.

"He was the best mate I've ever had. It's sad but unfortunately it got to my marriage. I'm here and she's there.

"I don't know if that's it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling. I can't lie."

Bellamy told the newspaper of his family situation: "I can't tell you how hard it is. It's the worst time in my life ever."

Bellamy was part of the Team GB squad at the Olympics, and last month joined Cardiff on a two-year deal from Liverpool.

Speed's clubs included Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, and Bolton, and he managed Sheffield United.

A coroner at the inquest in January said he could not be satisfied that Speed intended to kill himself.

He deserves everyone's support, especially if your a Red. YNWA
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #33 on: September 9, 2012, 09:26:08 pm »
All the best, Craig.

He was brilliant for us.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 9, 2012, 09:37:17 pm »
Hope things improve for the lad. Best of luck Craig.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #35 on: September 9, 2012, 09:44:27 pm »
Sad to read that.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 9, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »
Speeds death totally came out of the blue - Wales loved him - dream job - had money and a perfect family set up.

It will be driving Bellamy crazy why Gary isn't here.

Bellamy needs us red fans all over the world.

He would run through a brick wall for us - now it's time for us to run through a brick wall for him.

YNWA.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #37 on: September 9, 2012, 10:03:17 pm »
terribly sad news this. i hope craig can get his life back on track and reunite with his family.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »
Poor bloke, feel sorry for him and the family. I hope that Bellamy can recover and that the couple can get back together, if not then at least find happiness elsewhere.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 9, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »
taken aback by this,,all the best Craig..Walk on.
bollocks