Author Topic: What Podcasts do you listen to?  (Read 152044 times)

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2013, 10:36:22 am »
Listening to the football ramble this morning, seriously considering dropping it. Too many podcasts and no enough days in the week.

Thoughts on the 5 times podcast?

The one with Kennedy, Neal and Callaghan was excellent. I think Kennedy is a better host than Jason
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2013, 01:17:14 pm »
Listening to the football ramble this morning, seriously considering dropping it. Too many podcasts and no enough days in the week.

Thoughts on the 5 times podcast?

The one with Kennedy, Neal and Callaghan was excellent. I think Kennedy is a better host than Jason

I got sick of the ramble a while back

actually dropped TBT as well this week

i just prefer the professionalism of all all the other football podcasts compared to the Ramble and the Anfield Rap against TBT

I quite like the new Colin Murray podcast, even if it is from the dreaded talk sport

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »
Started listening to 'The EPL (Index) Round Table' podcast the last couple of weeks.

A good diversity of clubs represented on there, which gives a slightly different dimension to the club-specific pods - along with the banter you might expect with that in mind. Perhaps not quite up to TAW level of analysis, but it's worth a listen all the same.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:43:36 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2013, 01:54:09 pm »
I got sick of the ramble a while back

Me too. It was partly that I just subscribed to too many podcasts and needed to drop one, but it all just seemed a bit smug and self-satisfied. Luke Moore in particularly got on my nerves. They also seemed to find each other very funny indeed, which began to grate.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2013, 07:44:57 pm »
I generally listen to podcasts rather than music and have one on the go most of the time. Dominated by an interest in football, cinema, the arts, science and sceptical thinking, good journalisma and technology.

My current list:

Breaking Good: self explanatory - excellent podcast for Breaking Bad fans

The Conspiracy Skeptic - again, does what it says on the tin.

Th Infinite Monkey Cage - see other comments.

5 Live Football Daily (BBC) - can be annoying but a good catchup on what's going on.

The Anfield Wrap - no comment required

Books & Nachos/Now Playing - Now Playing do film reviews. The USP is that they will look at an upcoming new release and do a series on every related film. So they'll do the obvious such as the Avengers films, Marvel superheroes, Living Dead but they've also done series on every film based on a Phillip K Dick book. http://www.nowplayingpodcast.com/archives.htm Books and Nachos is the companion series about the books/comics/graphic novels the films are based on.

Click - BBC technology podcast

Desert Island Discs - I'm still revising my list for when I finally get asked to do DID.

BBC Documentaries - hundreds of documentaries that I pick my way through.

The Film programme - BBC film show. Great complimentary podcast to Kermode and Mayo.

The Guardian Film Show - (I like film podcasts)

The Football Ramble - a bit repetitive and may give it up.

Football Weekly - Guardian football podcast with James Richardson.

Friday Night Comedy - BBC comedy, alternates between the Now Show and The News Quiz

From Our Own Correspondent - excellent reports from BBC reporters around the world.

Front Row Daily - BBC arts and media daily podcast.

Great Lives - BBC show with Matthew Parrish. Each episode has someone selecting a hero of theirs and they just talk about them with an expert. Bill Shankly, Kirsty MacColl, Shakespeare... fascinating to just listen and sometimes to be surprised about someone you've not heard about, or thought you knew.

The History of Rome - just finished this. 180 episodes starting at the beginning and ending at the end...

In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg - an eclectic programme about pretty much anything that takes his fancy. A panel of experts talk about The Moon, The Siege of Tenochtitlan, Robinson Crusoe, The Karma Sutra... you name it, they talk about it.

Kermode and Mayo - if you don't know or don't listen - shame on you.

BBC Drama of the Week - What it says on the tin.

Robert LLewellyn's CarPool - sadly no longer being made. If you haven't watched it do it. Its a treat. Robert Lewellyn (Kryten in Red Dwarf) drives someone somewhere with cameras in the car and they just chat.

The Skeptics Guide to the Universe - the Daddy of Sceptical podcasts with Steve Novella and his sceptical rogues. If you haven't listened to it and you have a brain I highly recommend it. And go back to the beginning to hear the wonderful Perry DeAngelis (who sadly died) and his views on who would win in a fight between monkeys and birds...

Tech Weekly - Guardian tech podcast. Highly recommended. Aleks Krotoski is one of the most interesting thinkers/commentators on the digital world around us.

The Game podcast - The Times football podcast with Gab Marcotti and occasional guest appearances from his boss Tony Evans.

The Tolkein Professor - a must for anyone interested in all things Tolkein. Professor Corey Olson is a professor of English and has series on how to read Tolkein, series on the books and the films. They are currently doing a series called Riddles in the Dark making predictions and reviewing the Hobbit films.

What the Papers Say - (yet another BBC programme) weekly review of the papers by a guest journalist. Originally on ITV it's been going since 1956 as a concept.

The Wired.co.uk Podcast. Podcast version of Wired magazine.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »
The History of Rome - just finished this. 180 episodes starting at the beginning and ending at the end...

Cheers for the tip. That looks excellent.

And....birds. No question.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
That's a superb and varied list Alan, I already listen to a few of them but I'm certainly going to pick up a load of them. I often go for a run without one to listen to, so I think they'll keep me busy round the park.

Thank you.

For everyone else, as a change from a footy podcast I'd also recommend the Friday Night Comedy show, both variant are excellent.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2013, 11:07:09 am »
Thats excellent Alen, thanks for that.

I got shot of Friday Night Comedy because it was up and down. May give it another try.

Used to listen to Wired as well but prefer CNET. UK

I listened to a podcast from the Economist yesterday about statistics in Football. Gave a complete different reason to why Fergie sold Stam. Not sure how true it is.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:39 pm »

I got shot of Friday Night Comedy because it was up and down. May give it another try.

It seems to have disappeared off iTunes altogether, even past shows  :-\

Comedy of the Week is there but that's a different show, even if they are on a summer break past podcasts should be available?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2013, 09:33:58 pm »

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2013, 11:55:08 pm »

What?

Big fan of the Monday Morning Podcast by comedian Bill Burr

http://billburr.com/podcast
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2013, 07:23:18 pm »
It looks like fighting talk is not re appearing after bob mills and Colin murray tanked it at the end of last season

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
It looks like fighting talk is not re appearing after bob mills and Colin murray tanked it at the end of last season

Really? It's not like it hasn't been the centre of controversy before. That's a huge shame if so.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:08 pm »
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2013, 12:35:31 am »
What?

Big fan of the Monday Morning Podcast by comedian Bill Burr

http://billburr.com/podcast

Going to see Mr Burr in December and I can't fucking wait.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »
Is it not more because Murray has fucked off to TalkSport?

Murray didnt really fuck off. He pretty much got fired.

Fighting Talk has had other hosts before so either they will get someone else to do it or the program will just die. 7 Day Saturday has that slot right now and its hardly popular comedy.

My hope is that Fighting Talk will come back with a new host.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:09:23 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »
Was just reading about Murray moving over to TS. Looks like FT will have difficulty coming back in its current iteration - Murray is guesting with an awful lot of familiar voices from Fighting Talk over on TalkSport during the week. I wonder whether, contractually, none of them will be able to work with the BBC at the moment.

That said, I'm not enormously bothered either way. Fighting Talk has passed me by now after 6 months of not listening to it.

I think they are all independent contractors so I dont think it makes any difference but I think your right. As the FT people seemed to be a lot of Murrays buddies then it will be hard to come back for a bit until they get someone else to take it forward

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »
Has no one mentioned the 5times podcast?

That.
Anfield wrap
5 live football daily.
Football ramble
Desert island disks

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:08 am »
Has no one mentioned the 5times podcast?

yeah, someone mentioned it above.
I like it, it's just a nice informal chat amongst past LFC players.
the one with Cally, Neal and Alan Kennedy was great, especially when the were talking about the time they each joined the first team.
the one with Whelan and Roy Evans was good too.

http://www.5times.co/podcasts

the Second Captains - Football Show can be good too.
Graham Hunter, Sid Lowe and Tim Vickery are all regular guests.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/second-captains

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2013, 10:29:30 am »

the Second Captains - Football Show can be good too.
Graham Hunter, Sid Lowe and Tim Vickery are all regular guests.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/second-captains

That sounds awesome, my replacement for Football Ramble.

Cheers!!

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »
Hopefully the latter - I used to sporadically listen to it, and it was the perfect vehicle for Murray. Guest hosts like Hancock were painful to listen to.

It's coming back, but with three rotating hosts: Christian O'Connell, Jonathan Pearce and some bloke whose name I didn't recognise and can't remember (apparently he is, or has been, on This Morning). Interesting they've changed it like this.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
had a listen to Football Ramble today.
just dreadful, had to turn it off after about 10 minutes.
just a bunch of unfunny muppets talking nonsense over each other while giggling like children.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2014, 09:29:43 pm »
Bump.

Going away on holiday on Wednesday and wondered if there were any great new ones that people had heard about?  I've got an extensive list already but I've got a 120GB iPod and I'm determined to fill it before I go!

I've got:

AFL Exchange: Aussie Rules podcast.  Enjoy it but it can get dull, also about 20dB below audible; the only podcast I listen to with the volume RIGHT up.

The Art of Wrestling: Pro Wrestling podcast.  Colt Cabana interviews some of the lesser-known wrestlers and personalities out there along with some names you'll have heard of.  Definitely worth a listen.

Astronomy Cast: Astronomy podcast.  Probably my favourite of the astronomy ones I have already, very easy to listen to and complicated subject matter broken down easily for anyone to enjoy.

Chemistry in its element: Chemistry podcast.  Pretty much as it says on the tin, though they've exhausted the elements and now they're discussing compounds and other chemicals.

Chequered Flag Formula 1: F1 podcast.  BBC Five Live coverage pre- and post-race, along with the odd special.  Good listening.

Coffee Break French/Spanish/German: Languages podcasts.  Ones I should listen to more given I want to learn another language and these are the ones I have the most experience with.  Spanish may be handy given I'm off to Fuerteventura...

Elements (BBC): Chemistry podcast.  So this only ended up as four podcasts rather than any sort of extensive programme which was disappointing.  An alright listen about how elements are used in industry.

Fighting Talk: Sports/chat podcast.  Big favourite of mine and the rotating hosts definitely works in terms of keeping things fresh.  Wet myself pretty much every time Paul Sinha appears on it, Justin Moorhouse is another good guest on there.

The Godless Spellchecker Podcast: Atheism podcast.  Not long downloaded it as I follow him on Twitter.

Guardian Guide to Running/Couch to 5K: Exercise podcasts.  Pretty much as they say.  Didn't get far with them but hoping to once I'm back from sunning myself.

The Infinite Monkey Cage: Science/chat podcast.  Brian Cox and Robin Ince being pretty fun to listen to, discussing a whole load of topics from psychology to astronomy to pretty much anything science-related and sometimes things not science-related.

James O'Brien's Mystery Hour/Justin Moorhouse About 30 Minutes No More than 45/The Smartest Man in the World: Not gotten a chance to listen to these yet, though heard a little clip of 'Smartest Man' (Greg Proops) and it seemed middling.

No Such Thing As A Fish: General Knowledge podcast.  The 'Elves' of QI get an outing discussing weird stuff you probably never knew (or had a reason to).

TED Radio Hour Podcast:  erm... Ideas/Innovation podcast.  You may have heard of the TEDTalks that people get invited to, be it something in the news or how ideas become reality.

PhysicsWorld Science podcasts.  Not great, not even sure why I still have them on here to be honest.

PhysicsCentral podcasts: Physics podcasts.  Short podcasts, good listen for those with a tiny attent... oh hey, a fly.

The Ross Report/The Steve Austin Show/Talk Is Jericho: Pro Wrestling/sports/music interview podcasts.  Guys I grew up with to varying degrees (Jim 'JR' Ross, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho) talk to some of their favourite people.  I prefer Steve Austin's podcast, probably for the gratuitous swearing, though do yourself a favour and probably skip the one where he interviews himself...

UK Confidential (BBC): British Archives podcast.  Not gotten a chance to listen to these either but they seemed intriguing in that it's files released by the Government.

So yeah, after all that, are there any others I could look at?  I tried The Bugle but I found it irritating.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2014, 11:23:02 pm »
Alan has made a good list above mate, Podcasts that don't date (really) are the Friday Night Comedy show and for music The Rider from TAW. You can get hours and hours off those two.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:41 am »
All the Karl Pilkington/Gervais/Merchant stuff
Steve Austin podcast
Chris Jericho Podcast
Football Ramble
Anfield Wrap (haven't had the heart to listen since the Chelsea loss)
Anfield Index (not so much anymore, with the transfer stuff it's gone a bit too OTT with the anti-British player thing)
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2014, 01:40:00 pm »
some new ones im listening to

London Real - a guy who interview interesting people
Daily Bacon - He is a bit of a pompous dick but sometimes the interviews are good
Hamish & Andy - australian radio guys, great funny podcast
Sports Brief with Colin Murray - I quite like the view point he gives even if he is not for everyone

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »
Bump.

Some great choices there

In terms of the science based ones can I add

Skeptics with a K - run by the Merseyside Skeptics Society. They take a reasoned look at the hocum, bullshit and bollocks out there and take the piss out of it (stuff like homoeopathy, psychics, ghosts etc)

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »
The Nerdist - Only started listening to this recently, bit shit.

5live Sports Specials - Brilliant, highly recommended.

Comedy Bang Bang - Very good, recommended.

All in the Game - Neil from TAW and Evertonian Dave Downie, so-so.

Joe Rogan Experience - Listen every now and then, okay.

DayTrippers - Good, light hearted LFC pod, recommended.

5times Podcast - Ex-Liverpool players, good listen, recommended.

WTF with Marc Maron - Listen every now and then, okay.

TAW - Best LFC pod going, highly recommended.

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast - Very, very funny. Highly recommended.

Infinite Monkey Cage - Science pod presented by Robin Ince with Brian Cox, very good but low output. Highly recommended.

Guardian Football Weekly - Currently world cup daily, presented by James Richardson and lots of good regulars. Highly recommended.

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2014, 04:49:16 pm »
Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast is a good one in my opinion and you can listen to it on his site without having to download it.

Haven't heard of some of these posted further up so I'm off to do some downloading/listening

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2014, 06:32:40 pm »
bs report with bill simmons (depending on the guest)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:12 am »
The Nerdist - Only started listening to this recently, bit shit.

5live Sports Specials - Brilliant, highly recommended.

Comedy Bang Bang - Very good, recommended.

All in the Game - Neil from TAW and Evertonian Dave Downie, so-so.

Joe Rogan Experience - Listen every now and then, okay.

DayTrippers - Good, light hearted LFC pod, recommended.

5times Podcast - Ex-Liverpool players, good listen, recommended.

WTF with Marc Maron - Listen every now and then, okay.

TAW - Best LFC pod going, highly recommended.

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast - Very, very funny. Highly recommended.

Infinite Monkey Cage - Science pod presented by Robin Ince with Brian Cox, very good but low output. Highly recommended.

Guardian Football Weekly - Currently world cup daily, presented by James Richardson and lots of good regulars. Highly recommended.

I've just found this - absolutely brilliant stuff from some comedy greats. Currently listening to the Graham Linehan and Armando Ianucci episode. Charlie Higson, Charlie Brooker, Nick Frost and Stewart Lee among the highlights so far but all very good. Highly recommended.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:55 am »
I've just found this - absolutely brilliant stuff from some comedy greats. Currently listening to the Graham Linehan and Armando Ianucci episode. Charlie Higson, Charlie Brooker, Nick Frost and Stewart Lee among the highlights so far but all very good. Highly recommended.
Herring can come across bit of a twat really..... He's deeply insecure

But somehow his ineptness and the fact he allows his guests just to talk is a winning formula.

Recent great ones were Danny Baker, John Ronson and Alexi Sayle....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:20 am »
Conversations with Richard Fidler - ww.abc.net.au/local/sites/conversations/?ref=nav

Interviews with everybody from all walks of life.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2014, 12:01:56 pm »
Herring can come across bit of a twat really..... He's deeply insecure

But somehow his ineptness and the fact he allows his guests just to talk is a winning formula.

Recent great ones were Danny Baker, John Ronson and Alexi Sayle....

Pemberton and Shearsmith had me laughing out loud walking through Kings Cross.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »
Stone Cold's podcast and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: http://www.dancarlin.com//disp.php/hharchive
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2014, 05:43:24 pm »
What are the best pro-wrestling podcasts to listen to that are more focussed on current events rather than interviews a la Jericho/Austin/Colt Cabana (whose server is fucked from a bot stopping access to it).
My Twitter

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2014, 06:16:25 pm »
Religiously listen to: The Anfield Wrap, Guardian Football Weekly, Jalen Rose Report (Grantland).

Occasionally listen to: 5times, Raptors Republic, Forza Italian Football Weekly & Club Focus, BBC 5live World Football Phone-in.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
Mostly comedy related ones for me.

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
Comedy Bang Bang
Adam Carolla Show
Smartest Man in the World (Greg Proops)

These are top of the heap for me, followed by:

Joe Rogan on occasion
Greg Fitzsimmons
Doug Stanhope

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »

I've been working my way through these. Brilliant.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »
The Stephen Fry episode is quite moving, and it's really quite funny when Herring acts like a cock and accidentally pisses his guests off.

The Ross Noble episode is fabulously funny as well.....

Very simple format which works very well because the guests are allowed to talk, sometimes brings out another side in people that.

The desperation of the emergency question is quite wonderful too....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W