Author Topic: Pubs to watch the match in Liverpool  (Read 106630 times)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Re: Pubs to watch the match in Liverpool
« Reply #320 on: May 4, 2022, 11:55:25 am »
Where's good for the CL final?  I'm in 2 minds about a big ticketed event or a more intimate pub atmosphere

I paid for a big ticketed event for the 2019 final, and what a waste of money that was (£18+ if I remember rightly) . I should have known better really, as it was put on by a bunch of Radio City Scouse House DJs. In the build up to the game, literally until about 30 seconds before kick off, they were up on stage playing music and trying to rile up the crowd (as if we needed that before a CL Final) and dancing around in front of the screen making it about themselves. Then the volume of the match was waaaaaay too loud so you couldn´t hear any chanting or singing from the person right next to you let alone anyone else. I could barely hear people cheering our goals.

I tried to tell them to turn it down at half time, and the DJ fella just looked away to carry on chatting up some girls he was with. Wasn´t interested in the slightest. Absolute scammers. They must have made many thousands that night (it was probably about 700 people there). I walked straight out with my mate and my brother and went to the pub on the corner for the second half, which was free and well better.

Not chancing it this time so I booked a flight to Paris  :D

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #321 on: May 4, 2022, 01:29:07 pm »
Nice one mate, appreciate the feedback!

Enjoy Paris  :D
Believer

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #322 on: May 4, 2022, 08:06:57 pm »
I went to Aintree Racecourse in 2019, which was a big ticketed event and that was quality. Would look to do the same again this time.

Need somewhere child friendly? Any early ideas?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #323 on: May 5, 2022, 02:27:47 am »
Anyone know if Punch Tarmey's is any good for the football? Not been myself and looking at the courtyard there as an option for the final.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #324 on: May 6, 2022, 12:18:51 pm »
Anyone know if Punch Tarmey's is any good for the football? Not been myself and looking at the courtyard there as an option for the final.

Just been looking at there and they're charging £20 entry. Absolute rip off.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: May 6, 2022, 03:33:13 pm »
Trying to decide between Metrocola and Dockleaf bar for the FA Cup final - any recommendations?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #326 on: May 7, 2022, 12:27:41 am »
Our usual (non-ticketed) place has gone to shite sadly so there’ll be a good 15 or so of us looking for an alternative. What a problem to have, eh?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #327 on: May 7, 2022, 12:35:07 am »
Trying to decide between Metrocola and Dockleaf bar for the FA Cup final - any recommendations?

Try literally any independent place instead? You might get a pint for less than a fiver.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #328 on: May 7, 2022, 07:42:16 am »
Going the Baltic Market for the FA cup Final. Will probably look for somewhere in town for the CL final.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #329 on: May 7, 2022, 08:21:33 am »
Try literally any independent place instead? You might get a pint for less than a fiver.

Cheers, but doesn’t Rob Gutmann own Metrocola? I know he owns other bars too, but it’s not really a chain in the conventional sense is it?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #330 on: May 7, 2022, 09:05:07 am »

They are great for showing sports and the courtyard is great. But £20 (without a free drink) is robbery

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: May 7, 2022, 04:27:02 pm »
Anyone found anything that will accept under 18s too?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: May 8, 2022, 01:35:22 pm »
Will Anfield have big screens and open its doors for the CL final.  Haven't seen anything as of yet about it online.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #333 on: May 9, 2022, 02:25:12 am »
Will Anfield have big screens and open its doors for the CL final.  Haven't seen anything as of yet about it online.

No, they’ve confirmed it won’t be shown
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 25, 2022, 09:53:59 am »
Any decent gaffs to watch the final in Lark Lane or town? A lot of places I've checked have sold out.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2022, 10:10:43 am »
Any decent gaffs to watch the final in Lark Lane or town? A lot of places I've checked have sold out.

Yeah I'm looking for the same.

Far too many places seem to have jumped on the bandwagon of ripping off fans by charging for tickets.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2022, 05:37:33 pm »
Anyone know what the situation in the Arkles will be? Went for both cup finals and it wasn't too busy (also went for the last match of the season, a home game, and that felt considerably busier) so would be tempted to go there again but not sure if they're selling tickets or whether you'd be good just walking in.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #337 on: May 25, 2022, 08:51:01 pm »
Anyone know what the situation in the Arkles will be? Went for both cup finals and it wasn't too busy (also went for the last match of the season, a home game, and that felt considerably busier) so would be tempted to go there again but not sure if they're selling tickets or whether you'd be good just walking in.

I can´t imagine the pubs around Anfield being too busy - especially without a screening at the stadium. Most people will be heading into town. I´m sure you´d be fine as a walk in.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #338 on: May 25, 2022, 08:57:37 pm »
A lot of the big ones by the ground are ticketed.

I know The Church was advertising walk-ins for both the FA Cup and CL.
AHA!

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2022, 07:13:26 am »
I’ve a couple of spare tickets for the Arena if any is looking for somewhere to watch the game Saturday - £15

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2022, 08:49:17 pm »
Ooh Lark Lane. Get you! You wearing a Dicky Bow?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2022, 10:05:46 pm »
  ;D  And a waistcoat. Fuck else like    :P

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2022, 10:10:26 pm »
  ;D  And a waistcoat. Fuck else like    :P
haha Seems a Dapper Dandy fella does our Andy ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2022, 10:21:15 pm »

Hahahahaha! Turns out I’m going to a pub in Kirkby instead now  8)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2022, 10:33:12 pm »
Hahahahaha! Turns out I’m going to a pub in Kirkby instead now  8)
Haha Nice one mate. Enjoty ya night. Up the chuffin Reds  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2022, 11:12:38 pm »
Haha Nice one mate. Enjoty ya night. Up the chuffin Reds  ;D

You have a good one too Capon mate  :)

Let’s win number 7!

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2022, 09:53:31 pm »
watched the game in pins on the rooftop, thought it was class.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2022, 06:35:10 pm »
If anyone knows a pub in town that will be showing the Bournemouth match can they DM me please? Appreciate it’s a 3pm so can’t be advertised. Cheers.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 9, 2022, 12:24:30 pm »
Does anyone know of any normal pubs round Jamaica Street/Baltic that will be showing the game today? by normal, I mean, a pub not some stupidly expensive bar pretending to be a pub. Thanks dears.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #349 on: October 9, 2022, 04:13:31 pm »
Does anyone know of any normal pubs round Jamaica Street/Baltic that will be showing the game today? by normal, I mean, a pub not some stupidly expensive bar pretending to be a pub. Thanks dears.

Baltic hotel   duck and swagger pub at front of it on Jamaica street

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2022, 01:23:26 pm »

I was in Punch Tarmeys yesterday and that was boss.

Offline sergeiNT1

• Boys Pen
Need advise - pub to watch Liverpool game in Liverpool
« Reply #351 on: December 2, 2023, 12:31:47 am »
Finally making to trip to Liverpool at the end of February next year (will be there in time for Luton Town game) and since it looks unlikely so far that i will be able to see actual game at Anfield (since regular tickets not available i did try to find some hospitality options but they are all out of my price range LOL) I am looking for Plan B and was wondering if someone could recommend a pub with good atmosphere to watch game on TV somewhere near the stadium. Thank you in advance!

Sorry if thread like that already exists - i was trying to find one in forum but got lost  :)

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Need advise - pub to watch Liverpool game in Liverpool
« Reply #352 on: December 2, 2023, 06:07:56 am »
If the match is shown live on either Sky Sports or TNT, then most pubs will have it on. When you say close to the ground, there are lots of pubs in Anfield that will show it but you are actually only 2 miles from the city centre and here your choice of pub increases tenfold. However, if the match is not transmitted live legitamitely in the uk you may have a problem. There is the odd place that show a stream but they are few and far between and wouldnt want it posted publicly on a forum. I think the tv announcements for February will be pretty soon, probably the next week or 2.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2023, 06:28:55 am by Anfield Kopite »

Offline sergeiNT1

• Boys Pen
« Reply #353 on: December 2, 2023, 07:51:24 pm »
If the match is shown live on either Sky Sports or TNT, then most pubs will have it on. When you say close to the ground, there are lots of pubs in Anfield that will show it but you are actually only 2 miles from the city centre and here your choice of pub increases tenfold. However, if the match is not transmitted live legitamitely in the uk you may have a problem. There is the odd place that show a stream but they are few and far between and wouldnt want it posted publicly on a forum. I think the tv announcements for February will be pretty soon, probably the next week or 2.

Thanks for the advice!

I am not quite sure how UK EPL TV rights work but sort of assume they show it locally if the game is sold out (which is pretty much anytime i think)? I am from Green Bay area in US and i know NFL does that when Packers game is sold out (which also pretty much anytime).

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #354 on: December 2, 2023, 07:59:56 pm »
Thanks for the advice!

I am not quite sure how UK EPL TV rights work but sort of assume they show it locally if the game is sold out (which is pretty much anytime i think)? I am from Green Bay area in US and i know NFL does that when Packers game is sold out (which also pretty much anytime).

That would entail a degree of common sense that you don’t get here with our broadcasters sadly!

Offline sergeiNT1

• Boys Pen
« Reply #355 on: December 3, 2023, 09:05:18 pm »
That would entail a degree of common sense that you don’t get here with our broadcasters sadly!

Yes, common sense is too much to ask nowadays... well, hopefully they decide to show it - otherwise i will have to start saving lunch money for a hospitality ticket  ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #356 on: December 3, 2023, 10:50:25 pm »
The registration phase for the bulk sale for the second half is currently going on (until Friday). If you get a light membership for 27 Pounds you can register your interest for the game and might get a ticket for it in the ballot. Not sure what the chances are (not very high it seems), but I was able to get tickets that way in the past (like six or seven years ago). However, I didn't get tickets the last two times I've tried in the bulk sales more recently. So, there's a risk you're spending 27 quid for the membership and still don't get a ticket. You'll get a discount if you buy something from the online store though, I think. And you could try getting a ticket in the late availabilty sale before the game, if you're doing the trip anyway.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability/liverpool-fc-v-luton-town-24-feb-2024-0300pm-271

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #357 on: December 4, 2023, 02:11:57 am »
Thanks for the advice!

Basically if a match isn't on sky or TNT Sports, then no one else is allowed to show the match live in the UK, even if other matches are being played at the same time as the live TV match.

Our match vs Fulham was originally 3pm Saturday [3pm Saturday matches are blacked out between August & May in most of the UK], but because we played Thursday night it got moved to 2pm Sunday, but wasn't selected for TV still subject to blackout rules, so nobody in the UK could show the match live, big fines can be handed out to anyone caught showing non TV matches live.

« Last Edit: December 4, 2023, 02:15:28 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Bob in Sydney

• Main Stander
  • 'Half a football team compared to the boys in red
« Reply #358 on: December 4, 2023, 09:44:41 pm »
On the membership and tickets "thingy"... I'm Australia based but was in the UK in August and had plans to go to Anfield for the Bournemouth game.
Me and my lad (who works overseas) signed up as members which cost us around 46 pounds each - this gave us a member number that could be added to friends and family season tickets to allow then to be transferred if a ticket couldnlt be used by the holder.
There was an application window where we could apply for match tickets under the member scheme but we got nowhere near as the applications world wide far exceeded the availability.
I've been a long time member of the local (New South Wales) Official Supporters Club and they apply each year for tickets under the Supporters Club scheme but didn't get an allocation for the game (first home game of the season)
Friends and family didn't have spares so in the end I bit the bullet and paid stupid (as in STUPID) money for a couple of hospitality tickets in the Sir Kenny Stand.
This was only because my grown up Australian born son had never been to Anfield, I'd not been since holding a season ticket for the Anfield Rd end in the 80's and we were not sure of when or if we'd get the chance to go to a game together again for a long time.
I noticed the odd tout selling tickets around the ground but that of course comes with risk (not sure what they were selling or for how much)
In summary, next time, for a one off game I'd skip the membership fee and hope that the game is televised and go plan a)  and get a reccomended pub from locals on here and spend the membership on ale and a chippy meal :)
Hope this helps?
Safe travels and YNWA

Offline sergeiNT1

• Boys Pen
« Reply #359 on: December 4, 2023, 10:57:40 pm »
The registration phase for the bulk sale for the second half is currently going on (until Friday). If you get a light membership for 27 Pounds you can register your interest for the game and might get a ticket for it in the ballot. Not sure what the chances are (not very high it seems), but I was able to get tickets that way in the past (like six or seven years ago). However, I didn't get tickets the last two times I've tried in the bulk sales more recently. So, there's a risk you're spending 27 quid for the membership and still don't get a ticket. You'll get a discount if you buy something from the online store though, I think. And you could try getting a ticket in the late availabilty sale before the game, if you're doing the trip anyway.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability/liverpool-fc-v-luton-town-24-feb-2024-0300pm-271

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like an option to try, at least...