Author Topic: Pre Match Preview - THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS THE RENT DODGERS - 4/12 - KO 2015  (Read 29240 times)

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
It’s not madness. Personally, I am the same but then I live and breath amongst Evertonians whereas i’ll I’ll ever encounter a City fan once every blue moon. 

I’d add a win at Old Trafford to that though as it has happened pretty infrequently in my lifetime.

So win the banter battle but lose the title ?? Yes - it is madness and I say it with all due respect as I don't live in the city.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
Maybe a good time to rotate ?

Origi in for one of our front 3 ?

Milner in for gini ? (I reckon hendo will play almost all our games as a 6 until fabino comes back)

Gomez for lovern ?

Why rest Lovren? Gomez should be cover for Trent (even though he has struggled in that position) and only if need be- VVD.

Online ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
I assume everyone saying rotate and stuff don't live in Liverpool or have to live and work with Everton fans? Strongest team (and the same again for the cup game) and twat them. The last couple of wins have been great late winners but I want to batter them 4-0 again

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So win the banter battle but lose the title ?? Yes - it is madness and I say it with all due respect as I don't live in the city.

And that's what it comes down to innit? I completely understand why scousers prioritize this fixture above all else, it's incredibly obvious and I find it strange anyone would struggle with the why's and why nots of it.

Anyway, we don't actually have to choose/ nor do we have the ability to decide via the power of our own minds....So let's win the league and we can spend the summer discussing this. In the meantime, let's just make sure we twat Everton because they're shite.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity

If you don't live in the city then I'm not sure you'd view this as a big game. I'm not sure I would. I've lived outside Liverpool for about 20 years and have come across a handful of Everton supporters in that entire period.

In the context of this season (and last season the way it played out) the City game is more important. I don't think anyone could or would argue that. The ultimate aim is to win the league, not beat Everton.

But in 95% of cases the City league games have meant absolutely nothing to us over the last 40-50 years. The Everton games home and away have meant something to me every single season.  It's not about banter over a league title. It's just difficult to switch off what that game means if you are from Liverpool and/or lived in the city for an extended period. The United game has that context too but in a slightly different way.

What slightly annoys me is people not from Liverpool telling me this isn't a big game. It is and it will always be one of the biggest games we play in every single league season. It'll obviously mean a lot, lot more to anyone from Liverpool than people from elsewhere in the country or World.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Ever since I have follwed us, the worse the opposition, the worse we play. Forget the actual results in that, as we generally prevailed, but the performances have been ugly to watch. And that's how it always will be and why I never care about the performance, just the result.

Let's face it. Unless they absolutely crack and leave huge gaps by getting caught under headlights, or actively play to nail Silva's coffin shut properly - which although not inconcievable is very improbable given the occasion for them and their rabble of fans. This means that chances, especually early on, will be at a premium and really means that we have to take the first one that comes our way. Take when Studge hit them like a whirlwind a few years back. The game was over and all fight went from them. We need to hit early and throw a wrench in the works as to their plan as they will low-block (or whatever you care to call it) and then grab another. Two goals for us wins it for me, but we then also need to keep tight and not throw a stupid goal away (we have to stop that right now) like we have done in almost all games that we've played. That said, Salzburg shows that even 3 goals is perilous!

So hard to see how this will end up, but I am in complete agreement with most on here insomuch as show no fucking respect to them whatsoever and blitz them for a sustained period. That's tough to do, as we have the fixture list from hell so some semblance of energy conservation will creep in if we're ahead, but so long as we're vigilant and manage the situation, then should be all good.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
If you don't live in the city then I'm not sure you'd view this as a big game. I'm not sure I would. I've lived outside Liverpool for about 20 years and have come across a handful of Everton supporters in that entire period.

In the context of this season (and last season the way it played out) the City game is more important. I don't think anyone could or would argue that. The ultimate aim is to win the league, not beat Everton.

But in 95% of cases the City league games have meant absolutely nothing to us over the last 40-50 years. The Everton games home and away have meant something to me every single season.  It's not about banter over a league title. It's just difficult to switch off what that game means if you are from Liverpool and/or lived in the city for an extended period. The United game has that context too but in a slightly different way.

What slightly annoys me is people not from Liverpool telling me this isn't a big game. It is and it will always be one of the biggest games we play in every single league season. It'll obviously mean a lot, lot more to anyone from Liverpool than people from elsewhere in the country or World.
Will say that I don't get why people don't see this this was as well though, but to think because you don't understand if you're not from the City - are you kidding me?!?!? That's a massive overgeneralisation.

I'm a Southerner born and bred (unfortunately) and along with them from the East Lancs, games against these are the highlights of the season. Nothing bigger than this and the thought of losing to them is utterly gut wrenching. History alone shows why this is big.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

As a kid there was no better feeling than going to school on Monday morning after we had beaten them, or nothing worse if we had lost. Same with work now. There are people who support all sorts of teams at my place but the bluenoses are particularly bitter and this is a game I look forward to every year. Being a Scouser and living in Liverpool makes this the biggest of games for me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I hate playing this lot no matter our record and how crap they are, hope we beat them any way possible.

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
Will say that I don't get why people don't see this this was as well though, but to think because you don't understand if you're not from the City - are you kidding me?!?!? That's a massive overgeneralisation.

I'm a Southerner born and bred (unfortunately) and along with them from the East Lancs, games against these are the highlights of the season. Nothing bigger than this and the thought of losing to them is utterly gut wrenching. History alone shows why this is big.

I don't think you have to live in the City to grasp the difference in this game for a lot of people.  I grew up as a wool from Warrington in the 80s and this has always been the one to win for me - only replaced by the Mancs once they hit success.  The first game I ever went to I was 10 and it was the Milk Cup Final replay at Maine Rd back when the fans from both teams still sat together!!!! I remember how gutted I was when Everton won the league as it meant the kids team I played for had end of season trophies awarded to us by Sheedy and Sharp instead of Hansen and A.K.  Throughout the 80s it was pretty much us versus them so there's a certain age group that will always have an extra spring in their step after a win regardless of how far from us they are these days.  I don't get the "I don't care what happens as long as we beat these" sentiments though.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
3 points by whatever means possible. Some game will come along to buck the trend of these close 2-1 victories, this one would be ideal. A nice comfortable 3-0 lead, then let the real piss taking start, because lately I've been on edge game after game.

An early goal should do these, so hope we blitz the fuckers from the off. If we hold back with all that 'respect' bollocks, we'll allow them to grow into the game, snatch a fluke maybe etc.

We should be out to put the game to bed before that there's a chance of that happening. The front 3 will click again tomorrow, combine that with our first clean sheet for ages, and I see a run of the mill 3-0 win against a team 4th from bottom...'derby' game or not!

Come on you Mighty Reds, 3 huge points at stake here!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline iRed

• Kopite
Would like to see Keita get a go.  Attack these relentlessly.  They'll break.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
I am genuinely worried that the likes of Coleman will put VVD out for the season. Some of their players have taken on the mindset that as long as Liverpool don't do well then Everton have had a successful season...they would become instant Everton heroes.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am genuinely worried that the likes of Coleman will put VVD out for the season. Some of their players have taken on the mindset that as long as Liverpool don't do well then Everton have had a successful season...they would become instant Everton heroes.

Coleman is out tomorrow. He’s a normal one though. It’s the Holgates of the world that you need to worry about.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
whats the thoughts on the live streams for this game only shown on AMAZON

I can't leave the house tomorrow eve as the halflings will be asleep  :-\

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Coleman is out tomorrow. He’s a normal one though. It’s the Holgates of the world that you need to worry about.

Yeah, I don't think Coleman would do it even if he could, he's already had a couple of long injuries of his own. Holgate is the type who's probably thinking of it in bed tonight, not just because he's clumsy. I hope we don't take any shit tomorrow, Mike Dean let Barkley off with a horror challenge on Henderson at Christmas a few years ago.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me

Shite

And I’ve somehow been roped into taking the Mrs somewhere at 8. Completely fucking forgot when I agreed to it last week just wanted her to stop saying stuff during a game

Now I’ll have to sit outside somewhere with WiFi and watch it on my phone in my freezing fucking van
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
Shite

And I’ve somehow been roped into taking the Mrs somewhere at 8. Completely fucking forgot when I agreed to it last week just wanted her to stop saying stuff during a game

Now I’ll have to sit outside somewhere with WiFi and watch it on my phone in my freezing fucking van
Feel your pain man [emoji85]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Great Op Kissinger. Very excited for the game.

I think we go with
Adrian(Unless Alisson not suspended for this game)
Trent-Lovren-Virgil-ROberton
Henderson-Gini
Ox-Firmino-Mane
Salah

Maybe OX doesnt start 2 games in a row in which I would hope Keita starts then in his place
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 02:42:53 am by RedG13 »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Just sign up for a free trial of Prime, use it to watch this match and boxing day, then cancel.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just sign up for a free trial of Prime, use it to watch this match and boxing day, then cancel.

Someone said you need to give 30 days notice or something

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Kinda feel sorry for the blue side of Mersey at the moment. They were still good for a challenge under Moyes but have gone wayside. Whilst I feel sorry for them, I'd be more sorry if we don't grab 3 points especially when we're playing at home. The title is ours to lose. I know we still have a long way to go but we know that Pep & Manchester City will push us hard.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Anyone who went to school in Merseyside will know how big this is. Every Derby is a week of banter then paying debts on all the bets made. I was lucky, being called Roger, with a Roger Hunt around I was a red and I won most of my bets!!
Then it goes onto work and it got more difficult for awhile! Now the daughters boyfriend and a couple of good mates are the blues I will worry about until this is over. 🧣🧣🧣
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Make no mistake - City will see this as the first game where they can claw points back - similar to when we were looking at Spurs and United as realistic chances last season when they played City. A win tonight for us might be the knock out punch to City before they play United at the weekend.

Always a horrible game these matches though - if we can just take Richarlison out the game I think we'll be fine. They'll believe they can test Adrian so I expect Sigurddson to be having a few long range efforts and set pieces.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Make no mistake - City will see this as the first game where they can claw points back - similar to when we were looking at Spurs and United as realistic chances last season when they played City. A win tonight for us might be the knock out punch to City before they play United at the weekend.

Always a horrible game these matches though - if we can just take Richarlison out the game I think we'll be fine. They'll believe they can test Adrian so I expect Sigurddson to be having a few long range efforts and set pieces.

I did mention this dynamic a while back as they played before us twice in matches you expected them to win. Obviously on Saturday they dropped points but tonight is different for as they won and Leicester are expected to beat Watford so pressure back on us.

Winning this and Bournemouth would be massive as they would be 14 points behind before their derby.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is Alisson deffo out?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Woke up with a knot in my stomach and a reminder of how I hate derby days. God I hate them and always assume they're going to end badly despite every piece of evidence over the last 20 years. They always drag us down to their level and the football is always non-existent.
Just any sort of win please - and if we do manage to score an even more ludicrous goal than Divvy last year the better.

Needless to say I see the bitters getting a point at the very least.

Completely fucking forgot when I agreed to it last week just wanted her to stop saying stuff during a game

;D ;D   We've all been that soldier, mate.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Is Alisson deffo out?

Yeah, still cup tied.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
With no rest days, I can't see everton's legs and arms holding out for the full 111 minutes.

Mane's scoring, all around us...

:)

Bring on yer blueshite.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
I assume everyone saying rotate and stuff don't live in Liverpool or have to live and work with Everton fans? Strongest team (and the same again for the cup game) and twat them. The last couple of wins have been great late winners but I want to batter them 4-0 again

100% agree....why would we ever put out anything but our strongest team against these? regardless of Everton current position and team state...its never an easy win and we should always prepare that  this fixture can go sour, ie injuries, mistakes etc

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Just win.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
I think there is less pressure this year thanks to our lead. I can actually see us having a comfortable game for once

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Someone said you need to give 30 days notice or something

I've done it loads of times mate its dead easy. Sign up for it, then right away go in and cancel it. You'll still get your 30 days and wont be charged. It's great, and you can use only the stadium noise and don't have to listen to the commentators. Brilliant

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
Don’t think this will be an easy game, they will want to put a dampener on our season by nicking a point so am expecting them to sit deep and defend, rather than try and play.

You can also bet your bottom dollar Jordan Pickford will also want to make up for his horror show in the last minute last season.

I’d love to see our front three smash in a few between them but I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t turn out

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Watching this in the pub tonight. Already fckn nervous. Although that also might have something  to do with the ESA assessment on Friday.   :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

You can also bet your bottom dollar Jordan Pickford will also want to make up for his horror show in the last minute last season.

I think when Pickford is too fired up he loses his focus, this is part of his problem. He needs to chill, put past mistakes behind him and concentrate solely on the present.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Coleman's a decent bloke and footballer. Holgate is rash and stupid.

Richarlison will be the one to try and deliberately cause damage before he falls down, again

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
I've done it loads of times mate its dead easy. Sign up for it, then right away go in and cancel it. You'll still get your 30 days and wont be charged. It's great, and you can use only the stadium noise and don't have to listen to the commentators. Brilliant

Have signed up, can't see where to cancel
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I think when Pickford is too fired up he loses his focus, this is part of his problem. He needs to chill, put past mistakes behind him and concentrate solely on the present.

Yeah, he has a temper on him that one. Loves blaming his own blunders on his defence too.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art