Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I get why people want to big Slot up, get that 100% and don’t see it as a bad thing being a bit positive but I’m just not seeing him on the same level as Amorim as it stands.

;D What exactly is that based on, Andy? Because Van Bronkhorst happened to win a title with Feyenoord in 2016? So is VB's achievement as impressive as Amorim? Should we be after him?
Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.

Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.
Why? Eredivisie's coefficient is better than Portugal's, while these aggregators have the Dutch league as stronger too: https://www.sofascore.com/football/rankings/uefa https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Even if you think Portugal is a tougher league it's at best marginally so - at worst, not at all. It's shit justification for writing off Slot when being all in on Amorim.

Slot does seem a better fit tactics wise than Amorim.

In terms of achievements, they’re pretty similar. Slot has worked wonders at 2 clubs and delivered 1 league title  competing against richer clubs. Amorim has has worked wonders at 1 club and delivered 2 league titties competing against richer clubs.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Son of Spion on Today at 12:37:36 am »
Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
Advice For The Young At Heart - Tears For Fears.
Looks a bit desperate this.

Most pressing concern for me is, would this guy be able to keep our great players around? Is this guy going to convince TAA to sign a new contract? Will he be able to attract the next VVD? To me the answer is a resounding no.

I always knew that the Klopp years were golden years, and I have spent almost an entire decade just enjoying the ride, but you always knew it would end. I fully expect us to go back to the rodgers era of being an also ran. This is not Arne Slot's fault. It is just that we require basically the best manager around to be competitive and he is not that.

:lmao

You absolute miserable twat  :lmao
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Keith Lard on Today at 12:35:14 am »
Isn't he homesick or something, I think I read about it a few months ago.

You can all laugh, but you’ll never know what’s it’s like to be away from home on paprika day until you’ve been through it 🥹
I think it’s as simple as people respect the quality of the Portuguese league more than they do the Dutch league, and rightly  so.

Why? Eredivisie's coefficient is better than Portugal's, while these aggregators have the Dutch league as stronger too: https://www.sofascore.com/football/rankings/uefa https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Even if you think Portugal is a tougher league it's at best marginally so - at worst, not at all. It's shit justification for writing off Slot when being all in on Amorim.
Saturday 27th April

West Ham 0-1 Liverpool
Fulham 0-2 Palace
Man Utd 1-1 Burnley
Newcastle 3-0 Sheff Utd
Wolves 2-0 Luton
Everton 2-0 Brentford
Villa 3-0 Chelsea

Sunday 28th

Bournemouth 2-0 Brighton
Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal
Forest 0-3 Man City

Thursday 2nd May

Chelsea 1-2 Tottenham
Some of you need to fuck off and support Sporting Lisbon, or set up a new Jürgen Klopp religion so you can worship the man.

Liverpool Football Club has existed before managers and after legendary managers.

I will always support Liverpool Football Club, whoever is in charge.

Feel sorry for Slot, he is hated ALREADY and he hasn't walked through the door. Set up to fail by wanker fans.

😂😂 the bit about “fuck off and set up a Klopp religion” made me spit my coffee.

Off to the dentist tomorrow
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by stoa on Today at 12:29:24 am »
I’m not that arsed to be honest as he’s not manager here yet but to play the other side I think you just need to replace Rodgers saying that, how would you feel as a fan?

“I believe that Liverpool will let me join Real Madrid as it would be a massive step for me”.

“There are negotiations ongoing between clubs, I’m here waiting… I’m happy at Liverpool but #Real would be a fantastic opportunity for me”.

Can’t see that going down well to be fair  ;D

It's a different level though. It's a massive step up from Feyenoord to Liverpool. We're playing Real Madrid on a regular basis in the CL (in CL-finals even), even Feyenoord supporters will admit, that their club and Liverpool are not on the same level. They might even  feel a bit proud that someone who has brought them success is getting recognised and given a massive opportunity on a higher level. Having said that, I was never that big a fan of Rodgers and if he had said something like that, it would have been a great explanation why he flew the white flag when we played Real in the CL. The better comparision in my view is Klopp announcing that he's leaving at the end of the season. He said he had to make the announcement out of respect for the supporters and that he owed us the truth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10