Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 267832 times)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #960 on: January 2, 2022, 10:32:22 pm »
He’s started away at OT, Spurs and today as well as AC Milan in the San Siro. He’s nowhere near the finished article yet but these experiences he’s getting will do him the world of good. Could have spent the first half of the season on the bench but he’s been regularly chucked in and hasn’t let anybody down. He ticks every box as far as attributes go and is learning from some absolutely world class colleagues. All this at 22. Very encouraging first half a season.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: January 2, 2022, 10:35:09 pm »
I think he is bloody fantastic. 22 and never really putting a foot wrong. Always competing and can pass the ball as well. Looks an amazing signing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #962 on: January 2, 2022, 10:37:42 pm »
This is only the start, which is a frightening prospect  ;D  To show what he has so far, in just his first few months at the club in a new league, and on the back of not actually having played that much the last 18 months, it’s fantastic.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: January 2, 2022, 10:40:26 pm »
He's sublime and has already improved a lot on some of the things he was getting caugh out from earlier in the season. Very calm player and uses his attributes very well to close down potential problems from attackers. His reading of the game is very good for someone so young and he uses his positioning and anticipation to great effect

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #964 on: January 2, 2022, 10:40:49 pm »
This is only the start, which is a frightening prospect  ;D  To show what he has so far, in just his first few months at the club in a new league, and on the back of not actually having played that much the last 18 months, it’s fantastic.

Pretty well summed up. He’s still young with lots to learn and will make mistakes, but he’s a huge talent and appears to be settling into the PL relatively well.

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #965 on: January 2, 2022, 11:29:26 pm »
I don't think we can take it as a given that Konate will develop into a world class CB with more experience but he has all the physical attributes and early signs are promising.

But please can someone on the coaching staff tell him he needs to track back after long balls into the channel (13th minute in today's game). It's such a simple thing to fix but will cost a goal at some point if not rectified.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: January 2, 2022, 11:50:01 pm »
They say anybody would look good alongside VVD, yet he's looking good alongside a less than 100% VVD. He seems to have everything in his locker. His passing out of defence is particularly impressive.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: January 3, 2022, 12:36:24 pm »
Ibou is looking imperious. What a signing. The way we compete on the transfer front is nothing short of remarkable
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: January 10, 2022, 06:13:49 am »
thought he had a really good game bar the goal.  Looks aggressive front foot defender and snuffed out most of shrewsbury attack at the half way line. really assured performance like most of our defenders do when having VVD sweeping up if needed.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2022, 08:12:57 am »
thought he had a really good game bar the goal.  Looks aggressive front foot defender and snuffed out most of shrewsbury attack at the half way line. really assured performance like most of our defenders do when having VVD sweeping up if needed.

He is a difficult man to go past just like VVD.

Not sure if we can ever cut out those kind of goals coming from our right side. Had the feel of Chelsea’s goal all over again.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2022, 08:27:00 am »
He is a difficult man to go past just like VVD.

Not sure if we can ever cut out those kind of goals coming from our right side. Had the feel of Chelsea’s goal all over again.

Yeah the right is always going to be slightly open the way we play, and it relies heavily on the midfield helping to cover that side too which isn’t always possibly. Prob just an acceptance that 1/X attacks down there may lead to a goal as long as that doesn’t get too high.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2022, 08:40:20 am »
Still doesn’t look quite on the same wavelength as everyone else when it comes to the line and positioning generally, but it’s early days for him. He is incredible physically. There was a moment when one of their lads was at full pelt and thought he was in but Ibou caught him easily. He has this weird way of moving very quickly while looking as if he is going very slowly. It’s so odd. Big stride I suppose.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2022, 08:45:18 am »
His positioning isn't that bad for the goal, it looks like he's about to swing his right foot at the ball but realises he's mistimed it and then let's the ball fly past him.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2022, 09:50:20 am »
He wasn't at fault for the goal. It was the work of Conor Bradley unfortunately who dropped back 5 yards to keep their winger on side and then got skinned by him. These things will happen to a defence which isn't battle-hardened.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2022, 09:55:59 am »
I think he is great.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: January 10, 2022, 05:46:08 pm »
I meant in general rather than yesterday. Agree he is boss and is only going to get better. Already one of the best CBs in the league.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #976 on: January 10, 2022, 07:44:10 pm »
Still doesn’t look quite on the same wavelength as everyone else when it comes to the line and positioning generally, but it’s early days for him. He is incredible physically. There was a moment when one of their lads was at full pelt and thought he was in but Ibou caught him easily. He has this weird way of moving very quickly while looking as if he is going very slowly. It’s so odd. Big stride I suppose.

It's because he's such a big guy. VVD is the same in that he never looks like he's full on sprinting but he's actually going as fast as pretty much anyone in the league.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: January 10, 2022, 07:46:46 pm »
It's because he's such a big guy. VVD is the same in that he never looks like he's full on sprinting but he's actually going as fast as pretty much anyone in the league.

He looks extremely lumbering but he can obviously move quick when he needs to. I haven't seen him done for pace just yet, but that being said his positioning is still developing as is his anticipation and the speed of thought which is just as important as how quick you can run.

He has all the ingredients for a colossus so interesting to see how he does. Right now, I think Matip is just marginally ahead of him but it's pretty close. We have 3 really top CBs. Pity we haven't seen Joe Gomez recapture his best form.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #978 on: January 10, 2022, 11:18:57 pm »
We have 3 really top CBs. Pity we haven't seen Joe Gomez recapture his best form.

We have 4 really top CBs, it's pretty fucking harsh to ignore how good Gomez is. He hasn't recaptured fitness yet, nothing to do with form.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #979 on: January 11, 2022, 05:09:30 am »
We have 4 really top CBs, it's pretty fucking harsh to ignore how good Gomez is. He hasn't recaptured fitness yet, nothing to do with form.
Hold that judgement until Gomez proves that he is match fit. IMHO, he was much more ahead of Konate, a better player, but after that horrible injury he may never be the same player. We need to first see him back to his best.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #980 on: January 20, 2022, 11:15:39 pm »
Spewing he hit the post, would’ve loved for him to have found the back of the net. I’m sure he’ll score plenty for us in his time here.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #981 on: January 20, 2022, 11:17:03 pm »
Great leap for that header. I swear the ground shook when he landed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: January 20, 2022, 11:20:11 pm »
Ibou was very good again.  He is such an unit, just an intimidating player, love it.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: January 20, 2022, 11:26:12 pm »
Klopp has managed him really well this year. Dipping him in and out of the first team not putting too much pressure on him.

Will be a big player next year.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: January 20, 2022, 11:43:52 pm »
Klopp has managed him really well this year. Dipping him in and out of the first team not putting too much pressure on him.

Will be a big player next year.
yeah. next year he and Matip will trade minutes / appearances I think.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: January 21, 2022, 12:33:47 am »
Ibou was very good again.  He is such an unit, just an intimidating player, love it.

he was. surprised he didn't pick up Lacazette and toss him aside when he got his yellow. Goodness knows Lacazette deserved it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #986 on: January 21, 2022, 12:47:46 am »
he was. surprised he didn't pick up Lacazette and toss him aside when he got his yellow. Goodness knows Lacazette deserved it.

no shit, lacazette was a rude bastard the whole game he played angry for some reason. I was very pleased when basically the first thing konate did was fall on him and squish him very well , and then later flatten him totally after yet more snidery. I actually wondered if he was told to sort him out if all possible. Certainly deserved it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #987 on: January 21, 2022, 12:48:07 am »

The Indomitable Unit...

Yes... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: January 21, 2022, 01:25:59 am »
Him an vvd together look so imposing. Two absolute monsters physically who are quick as fuck. Imagine the thoughts in your head going up against them two even if you are an experienced attacker? I know as a pro you have to have unreal self belief but against most teams there is a clear weakness at the back where the usually pacy attacker targets. Here there is a slight reading/positioning issue with Ibou who is 22. Other than that you aren’t out muscling either and very few in the world are faster so we can play a high line with ease.

I can see it being very disheartening going up against that. It’s the same reason I thought with Joe and vvd we were at our best before. Matip is a brilliant defender and has for parts been our best defender overall but the strength and speed of Ibou and Joe puts the fear of god into the opposition.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: January 21, 2022, 09:49:40 am »

He's gi-bloody-normous. I was watching some of the long shots and he appeared huge. It's like the yellow kit made him look 50% bigger then anyone else near him.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 21, 2022, 04:40:37 pm »
He's gi-bloody-normous. I was watching some of the long shots and he appeared huge. It's like the yellow kit made him look 50% bigger then anyone else near him.

A giant who can bully forwards, but also it seems Ibou is a gentle soul - posting anime gifs after the game, and a photo of him and Taki celebrating the win that he’d captioned in Japanese   ;D

Some wonderful characters on this team.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #991 on: January 22, 2022, 09:15:28 am »
As if he’s up against Saka for that header! :lmao

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #992 on: January 25, 2022, 10:32:00 am »
Psycho Killer - Qu'est-ce que c'est

Ibrahima - Konaté

Someone else will have to do the rest of the work with that one.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #993 on: January 25, 2022, 10:35:34 am »
Psycho Killer - Qu'est-ce que c'est

Ibrahima - Konaté

Someone else will have to do the rest of the work with that one.

I suggested that when we signed Sakho. Alas no one turned to to the choir practice at the Church Hall I’d booked.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #994 on: January 25, 2022, 10:39:18 am »
I suggested that when we signed Sakho. Alas no one turned to to the choir practice at the Church Hall I’d booked.
Sakho Killer? The only one who killed Sakho's career was Sakho ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: February 5, 2022, 06:25:01 pm »
Ibou went on a pilgrimage during the 2 weeks break.  :D

Hence the shaved head look.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: February 5, 2022, 06:47:23 pm »
A pilgrimage where he gets a cake? Awesome.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: February 5, 2022, 06:55:48 pm »

He was ambushed.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #998 on: February 5, 2022, 07:10:32 pm »

Reminds me of my twice weekly pilgrimage to Gregg’s.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: February 5, 2022, 07:13:14 pm »
I do take that same pilgrimage many times a week Nicholas.  The cheese and onion pastie is divine.