Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 267177 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #920 on: December 17, 2021, 02:57:01 am »
Love that photo. :)

His response to it when asked about it was great too, said he was just protecting his family  8)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: December 17, 2021, 03:40:53 am »
Agree he is quick.
Also Ill never understand the he's quick / got good acceleration for a big guy shouts.
Usain Bolt is 6'5...

Usain Bolt was slow out of the blocks to be fair, he’d often be behind for the first 30 to 40 metres, then blitz everyone after that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: December 17, 2021, 10:41:50 am »
His response to it when asked about it was great too, said he was just protecting his family  8)

I love this. The lad seems to have a really brilliant attitude and mental strength. Blessed with so many physical gifts too. He really could be something special. Learning from Virg and Matip gives him the best chance anyone could have to become a top CB.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #923 on: December 19, 2021, 06:34:22 pm »
Not sure you can really level any blame on him for the first, despite the Sky dimwits doing their upmost. Apart from that, thought he was imperious again.
AHA!

Offline Copenred

• Main Stander
« Reply #924 on: December 19, 2021, 06:35:03 pm »
Great sense of danger and not to be blamed for the first goal.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: December 19, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »
Not sure you can really level any blame on him for the first, despite the Sky dimwits doing their upmost. Apart from that, thought he was imperious again.

He really wasn’t imperious. He has huge potential but looks far less assured than Gomez for me, of course matip was even worse today they both were pretty average.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 06:50:32 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: December 19, 2021, 06:37:49 pm »
He's boss. Three mistakes leading up to their first, Trent misplacing the pass, Keita timid in a 50 /50 and Robbo dropping too deep playing everyone on. Nothing Konate should've done differently.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: December 19, 2021, 06:39:03 pm »
He's boss. Three mistakes leading up to their first, Trent misplacing the pass, Keita timid in a 50 /50 and Robbo dropping too deep playing everyone on. Nothing Konate should've done differently.
Keita gets his Leg Broken if he doesnt get out of the way.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #928 on: December 19, 2021, 06:46:01 pm »
Erm he is quick. Maybe not Gomez fully fit quick but he is quick.

Excellent defender with so much potential but I wouldn’t rate him as quick when I watched   him playing in Germany age 19 with Keita in the same team

Not sure is it because he has baulked up a lot

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #929 on: December 19, 2021, 07:05:50 pm »
I though he was fantastic today. I really felt Matip was very shaky and Ibou had to cover him a lot.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: December 19, 2021, 08:35:44 pm »
Really impressed with him today.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #931 on: December 19, 2021, 08:39:54 pm »
Excellent defender with so much potential but I wouldn’t rate him as quick when I watched   him playing in Germany age 19 with Keita in the same team

Not sure is it because he has baulked up a lot

He’s really quick. Who was the player he steamrolled in one of his first games for us from a good few yards behind?

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #932 on: December 20, 2021, 01:02:33 pm »
He's very gifted athletically but his decision making isn't close to being good enough. The first goal shouldn't be used against him as any sort of clear indictment, but Konate should have been closer to Kane. The pass to Son wasn't going to be there with Milner closing down that angle. Of course there were numerous errors that led to that goal and I have no problem in chalking that slight mistake down to inexperience while also understanding just how quick things happen at the highest level.

But it wasn't an isolated incident; far too often he makes some fairly baffling choices. In the 55th minute when Ali was played in (obviously Trent needs to be better there too) he decides not to track Kane even though the long pass means that Kane will be played onside by the ball and he then compounds the error by turning the wrong way and taking far too long to realise he needs to get his skates on.

In time he may be a top defender, but as things stand I'd be much more comfortable with Gomez being our 3rd choice once he's up to full match fitness, with Ibou rotating in for less challenging games against the bus parkers where his aerial prowess will be an asset.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 05:03:30 am by ep1987 »

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2021, 10:13:26 pm »
I know it gets said after each game he plays, but this lad is gonna be an absolute monster for us over the next few years.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: December 22, 2021, 10:15:23 pm »
His potential is frightening. Get his reading of the game up a level or two and get him used to our system and you've got an elite level CB

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #935 on: December 22, 2021, 10:17:05 pm »
I know it gets said after each game he plays, but this lad is gonna be an absolute monster for us over the next few years.
He has the attributes, but what seemed apparent to me was that his game reading and positioning was better in this game. That's an attribute he needs to improve on, and I saw an improvement. Maybe the tiring Leicester forwards made him look that way, but I'm not taking that away from him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #936 on: December 22, 2021, 10:18:17 pm »
Still so young and loads more to learn, but this lad is going to be immense. Going to learn so much playing alongside VVD over the next couple of years, definitely got ourselves someone who is going to be a top quality CB.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: December 22, 2021, 10:22:48 pm »
I like Albrighton pretending he was hurt - Ibou slid and actually pulled his foot behind him - albrighton kicked his knee and ended up the worse for wear.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: December 22, 2021, 10:26:28 pm »
More than good enough already but with a season or two under his belt he'll be immense.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #939 on: December 22, 2021, 10:34:23 pm »
Unfortunate he came on when Vardy went off, would have liked to see him against someone with good movement and speed.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #940 on: December 22, 2021, 10:36:09 pm »
The lad’s a monster.
AHA!

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: December 22, 2021, 10:49:03 pm »
He has the attributes, but what seemed apparent to me was that his game reading and positioning was better in this game. That's an attribute he needs to improve on, and I saw an improvement. Maybe the tiring Leicester forwards made him look that way, but I'm not taking that away from him.

Yes he is increasingly showing he isn't just pace and power. I still prefer Matip due his superior positioning and quality on the ball but Konate is looking good

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: December 22, 2021, 10:52:53 pm »
Is he the best signing of the summer in the entire league?  He's going to be an incredible player for us. 

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #943 on: December 22, 2021, 10:53:01 pm »
Man Mountain.

He's gonna be a monster of a player for us in years to come.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: December 22, 2021, 10:53:14 pm »
What I like about this guy is his reading of situations and intercepting a possible dangerous pass etc. And his strength. And his forays forward. He is just awesome, and he should only get better. He does make the odd mistake, but that is coz he is only 22.

We have a player on our hands.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #945 on: December 22, 2021, 11:30:33 pm »
Was absolutely boss.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: December 23, 2021, 12:12:46 am »
Only turned 22 recently so nowhere near his peak. Wow.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #947 on: December 23, 2021, 02:34:29 am »
He has that wall like presence that we associate with Virgil. Its crazy how he's only 22 and already so good. The defense calmed down as soon as he cane on. Cut off everything on the ground and won everything in air. We need a dominant centre half to play the high line and he is someone who can actually be that when Virgil isnt. What a signing. Zlatan isnt wrong, he is on route to becoming the next greatest centre half on the planet for a decade.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: December 23, 2021, 03:00:34 am »
Yea he super talented and can learn from the best too.
He has got better about not sliding as much too.
He going to be very good

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #949 on: December 23, 2021, 06:46:39 am »
Only thing that worries me is he has a wired gait, might get injuries later in his career.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: December 23, 2021, 07:49:38 am »
We’ve got a player here. More props to the men and women behind the scenes doing the analytics

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: December 23, 2021, 10:15:35 am »
Unbelievable last night in that second half. Brick wall.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #952 on: December 23, 2021, 12:39:06 pm »
Only thing that worries me is he has a wired gait, might get injuries later in his career.
Have you ever taken a shit on the hard shoulder?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: December 23, 2021, 03:25:59 pm »
He seems to be improving with every passing game. Class signing.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #954 on: December 23, 2021, 04:15:29 pm »
He has that wall like presence that we associate with Virgil. Its crazy how he's only 22 and already so good. The defense calmed down as soon as he cane on. Cut off everything on the ground and won everything in air. We need a dominant centre half to play the high line and he is someone who can actually be that when Virgil isnt. What a signing. Zlatan isnt wrong, he is on route to becoming the next greatest centre half on the planet for a decade.
He looks absolute class.
I do wonder if his improvement is also partially linked to him playing on the left-hand side instead of the right. He looked good in pre-season there, a little unsure on the right and then solid again on the left

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: December 23, 2021, 04:41:39 pm »

Is he wired for sound ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: December 23, 2021, 04:43:41 pm »
He looks absolute class.
I do wonder if his improvement is also partially linked to him playing on the left-hand side instead of the right. He looked good in pre-season there, a little unsure on the right and then solid again on the left

Most improvement will be from playing with some of the best players on the planet day in day out.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #957 on: December 23, 2021, 06:03:58 pm »
Is he wired for sound ?

No, he's weird for sound...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #958 on: December 23, 2021, 08:40:18 pm »
My man of the match yesterday. We were struggling against the two Leicester strikers but when Konate came on he just bossed them. He's going to be an absolute steal and a star.
#JFT97

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: December 24, 2021, 08:28:26 am »
My man of the match yesterday. We were struggling against the two Leicester strikers but when Konate came on he just bossed them. He's going to be an absolute steal and a star.

Agreed. I thought that was his best game for us so far.

It was perhaps a tad unfair on Koumetio to throw him in against Vardy (classic flat-track bully), but Ibou very effectively showed up the limitations of the Leicester attack when he came on. Completely nullified them.

(Not single-handedly, to be fair - Gomez improved with a stronger partner alongside him, and Milner was magnificent too, but Ibou was especially immense, in every way.)