Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 74879 times)

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #120 on: October 2, 2017, 04:48:14 pm »
I won't delete it haha, best way to grow is laugh at mistakes like that :)

Fair play for taking it in good humour mate, it happens to the best of us :)

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #121 on: October 2, 2017, 04:53:28 pm »
Interesting what Scarlett Moffatt had to say on the subject. Raised some interesting points on the subject last year when she was in the celebrity jungle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/scarlett-moffatt-claims-shes-been-9273164

Built by time travelers, apparently.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #122 on: October 2, 2017, 05:14:37 pm »
Interesting what Scarlett Moffatt had to say on the subject. Raised some interesting points on the subject last year when she was in the celebrity jungle.

Ridiculous.

They're grain silos. A current US cabinet secretary told us that during his presidential campaign.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 2, 2017, 05:42:49 pm »
I won't delete it haha, best way to grow is laugh at mistakes like that :)

Good man, you're taking it brilliantly. And I'm sure many of us have been there, vv the whole conspiracy theory/fringe archaeology bollocks. I read a couple of Von Daniken's books as a kid and was convinced for years that all that shite was real. I think it's part of the human condition to look for stuff outside of our current knowledge framework and the pyramids must have been pretty incredible human undertakings, when you consider the manpower needed and the time they must have taken to build.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 2, 2017, 06:10:55 pm »
I'm intrigued. Why would you think a podcast by a wrestler called Chris Jericho would have any opinion of substance on pyramid engineering?

I'm not having a go, I am just fascinated by the ways people seem to get information these days. I feel so old fashioned, because I would have read several books by acknowledged experts in their field, and this approach seems to be viewed as weird these days.
With a lot of people quoting my quote, I've just gone back and seen this. Sorry, but I'll reply now.

Here's the thing, I didn't take Jericho's opinion as gospel, but thought it'd be worth talking about.

It's like someone looking at Robbie Fowler and saying, 'You can't be a property expert, your a footballer'.

Now I'm not saying Jericho is an expert, but his opinion is worth debating. It's like on Rawk, this is a football forum but we discuss other things. Whether it's pyramids etc. Heck, I even remember finding a thread useful, about getting a leather jacket altered last year.

We even have a thread about getting a Vascectomy or when to brush your teeth. We even have one called YOUR OPINIONS ON CHEESE OWENSHIP.

So even though I listen to Talk is Jericho for wrestling knowledge, (but primarily The Anfield Wrap) I still take Jericho's opinions on other topics seriously.

But I wasn't sure about his Pyramid stance, hence bumping a 10 year thread to ask you guys.

Hope that clears that up for everyone :)
« Last Edit: October 2, 2017, 06:13:43 pm by Andy Hunter »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #125 on: October 2, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »

Latitude of the Pyramids: 29.9792° N, 31.1342° E

299 792 458 m/s

Ooohhh scary!

That's a coincidence as long as the aliens also decided to divide a circle into 360 parts and chose to define the location of anywhere on Earth using latitude and longitude. And came up with a unit of length that is one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole on Earth and a unit of time that is 1/86400th of the time it takes the Earth to turn on its axis.

It would be an amazing coincidence if an alien civilisation used Earth-based units of measurement to position one of the Pyramids.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #126 on: October 3, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
Latitude of the Pyramids: 29.9792° N, 31.1342° E

299 792 458 m/s

Ooohhh scary!

That's a coincidence as long as the aliens also decided to divide a circle into 360 parts and chose to define the location of anywhere on Earth using latitude and longitude. And came up with a unit of length that is one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole on Earth and a unit of time that is 1/86400th of the time it takes the Earth to turn on its axis.

It would be an amazing coincidence if an alien civilisation used Earth-based units of measurement to position one of the Pyramids.

It's clearly a load of bollocks, everyone knows that aliens still use feet and inches
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #127 on: October 3, 2017, 08:59:59 pm »
There's no way the Great Pyramid was built in twenty years. It would take elite craftsmen to build such a wonderful piece, not slaves. Our finest engineers today say they would struggle to build it with such precision.

We like to think we know a lot, but a hundred years (never mind several hundred) from now our ancestors will make discoveries and they'll wonder how seven billion of us couldn't figure it out.

It's egotistical to pretend we understand it all.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #128 on: October 3, 2017, 09:10:15 pm »
There's no way the Great Pyramid was built in twenty years. It would take elite craftsmen to build such a wonderful piece, not slaves.

See this...

It took just 26 years (1194-1220) to build and probably involved no more than a couple of hundred workers in all that time, a load of wood scaffolding and rope hoists.

There's a lot more precision and complexity of design in it than any of the pyramids which are pretty crude in comparison when all is said and done.

(It's Chartres Cathedral by the way.)

....Our finest engineers today say they would struggle to build it with such precision.

Oh aye, like who?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 3, 2017, 09:21:01 pm »
See this...

It took just 26 years (1194-1220) to build and probably involved no more than a couple of hundred workers in all that time, a load of wood scaffolding and rope hoists.

There's a lot more precision and complexity of design in it than any of the pyramids which are pretty crude in comparison when all is said and done.

(It's Chartres Cathedral by the way.)

Oh aye, like who?
I've visited, it's beautiful. Wonderful architecture.

But, we're talking thousands of years difference, literally, and a whole different level of architecture. Tell ANY engineer that you want to build a pyramid to the scale and precision of the one at Giza and they'll hang up on you. Never mind using the primitive tools that they used.

So, two million blocks were quarried, carried, and built, in the space of twenty years. Just laughable. Even a hundred years is farcical.

There's no shame in not knowing everything. It's natural.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 3, 2017, 09:27:45 pm »
The salves worked none stop as well. And those who died or couldn't  cope were replaced  immediately. It's very possible the Giza pyramids were build that quickly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #131 on: October 3, 2017, 09:31:50 pm »
Gulley v Anywhich. A real meeting of minds.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 3, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »
The salves worked none stop as well. And those who died or couldn't  cope were replaced  immediately. It's very possible the Giza pyramids were build that quickly.
Slaves couldn't build it.

The finest architects, engineers and whatever else couldn't do it today.

The Great Pyramid of Giza is a masterpiece. Experts in all fields have studied it for a long, long time and haven't a clue how it was built. There's no shame in that. There's a lot we don't know.

We work towards finding out. But believing slaves built it in twenty years is as bad as believing that the earth is 6,000 years old. It's outrageous.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 3, 2017, 09:39:04 pm »
I've visited, it's beautiful. Wonderful architecture.

But, we're talking thousands of years difference, literally, and a whole different level of architecture. Tell ANY engineer that you want to build a pyramid to the scale and precision of the one at Giza and they'll hang up on you. Never mind using the primitive tools that they used.

So, two million blocks were quarried, carried, and built, in the space of twenty years. Just laughable. Even a hundred years is farcical.

There's no shame in not knowing everything. It's natural.

They had 100s of years of practice though.

Have you ever been to Egypt? You can walk around certain tomb complexes and see all the beta versions. Took them a long time to get it right.

You start with these long flat tombs called mastabas, then they started stacking them on top of each other, so you end up with a step pyramid.

From there you can see how they'd want to build a proper pyramid, but it took them a while to get right, so you have some unfinished versions out there and things like the bent pyramid. Eventually they worked it out and you get Giza.

You can go out there and see for yourself. It's easy to get a driver and see all of these transitional phases in a day, and when I went there were some really well preserved mastabas you could walk around. Completely destroys all the theories when you can see all the transitions for yourself.

Have a look at a better explanation here:

https://gilgamesh42.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/ancient-aliens-the-pyramids/

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 3, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »
So you agree with Andy Hunter that it's aliens who built them?  ;D

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 3, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »
Experts in all fields have studied it for a long, long time and haven't a clue how it was built.

We work towards finding out. But believing slaves built it in twenty years is as bad as believing that the earth is 6,000 years old. It's outrageous.

If you have no clue how it was built you can't possibly know how long it took to build it.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 3, 2017, 09:44:48 pm »

Shannon Briggs went back in time during one of his drug binges and made them. That's my theory.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 3, 2017, 09:46:47 pm »
They had 100s of years of practice though.

Have you ever been to Egypt? You can walk around certain tomb complexes and see all the beta versions. Took them a long time to get it right.

You start with these long flat tombs called mastabas, then they started stacking them on top of each other, so you end up with a step pyramid.

From there you can see how they'd want to build a proper pyramid, but it took them a while to get right, so you have some unfinished versions out there and things like the bent pyramid. Eventually they worked it out and you get Giza.

You can go out there and see for yourself. It's easy to get a driver and see all of these transitional phases in a day, and when I went there were some really well preserved mastabas you could walk around. Completely destroys all the theories when you can see all the transitions for yourself.

Have a look at a better explanation here:

https://gilgamesh42.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/ancient-aliens-the-pyramids/

But even with all the practice and expertise in the world, it's physically impossible to build the Great Pyramid in twenty years.

Do the math. We're talking 2,000,000+ blocks, that have to be quarried, moved, and then laid. We're not talking about just throwing these blocks down anywhere, they were laid with extreme precision. The inside corridors and chambers are phenomenally accurate.

All using primitive tools.

I'll definitely have a read of the link in the morning with my coffee though, thanks for that  :)
« Last Edit: October 3, 2017, 09:50:01 pm by Anywhichwayucan't »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 3, 2017, 09:48:58 pm »
If you have no clue how it was built you can't possibly know how long it took to build it.

No one knows how they were built.

It's impossible, literally, to do it. Two million plus blocks, quarried, carried, and laid with astonishing precision, twenty years, using primitive tools and methods. Just silly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 3, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »

It's impossible, literally, to do it. Two million plus blocks, quarried, carried, and laid with astonishing precision, twenty years, using primitive tools and methods. Just silly.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of the effort and manpower involved put together by some Egyptologists:

https://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-pyramid/pyramid-workers.html

They reckon 10-15 years would have been doable.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 3, 2017, 09:55:28 pm »
He still hasn't answered my question. Is it Aliens or what mate?  :D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 3, 2017, 09:55:53 pm »
Here's a pretty good breakdown of the effort and manpower involved put together by some Egyptologists:

https://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-pyramid/pyramid-workers.html

They reckon 10-15 years would have been doable.
Haha, I'll definitely have to take a day or two to look at that. Thanks! Always interesting.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #142 on: October 3, 2017, 09:56:28 pm »

Yep, you are making yourself look very silly. People who actually study this rather than just watching the Discovery Channel think it is possible.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 3, 2017, 09:56:49 pm »
Slaves couldn't build it.

The finest architects, engineers and whatever else couldn't do it today.

The Great Pyramid of Giza is a masterpiece. Experts in all fields have studied it for a long, long time and haven't a clue how it was built. There's no shame in that. There's a lot we don't know.

No, it's not.  And to make such a comparison is utterly idiotic. We have multitudes of evidence that point towards the earth being much older than 6000 years old and no evidence at all to point to it being that age.

We have the opinions of experts in archaeology and engineering that put the build period of the pyramids down to somewhere between 15 and 30 years. They aren't doing this blindly based on hunches or what they read in a book, they're basing it on available evidence.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 3, 2017, 09:58:41 pm »
To go off on a tangent whats' the deal with Stonehenge?  :D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #145 on: October 3, 2017, 09:59:00 pm »
To go off on a tangent whats' the deal with Stonehenge?  :D

Aliens test run for Pyramids.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 3, 2017, 09:59:41 pm »
Haha, I'll definitely have to take a day or two to look at that. Thanks! Always interesting.

No worries, could be a load of bollocks to be fair because I couldn't be bothered reading it all myself! They might give up half way through and conclude that it was aliens after all but from a quick skim it seems plausible enough.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #147 on: October 3, 2017, 10:00:05 pm »
FFS man, did you miss the 90's or something. Of-course it was Aliens.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #148 on: October 3, 2017, 10:00:32 pm »

Nope, not impossible at all and there is a plan to make a smaller size replica, see here.

Also see here for how much a replica would cost today and how it could and likely was built.

As to stone precision, read here

....Although they are held to a very tight tolerance on course thickness they vary considerably in width and depth....

And stop reading Von Daniken and watching nonsense sensationalist TV programmes.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2017, 10:00:33 pm »
FFS man, did you miss the 90's or something. Of-course it was Aliens.

Stargate taught me so much about Pyramids.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 3, 2017, 10:02:54 pm »
No, it's not.  And to make such a comparison is utterly idiotic. We have multitudes of evidence that point towards the earth being much older than 6000 years old and no evidence at all to point to it being that age.

We have the opinions of experts in archaeology and engineering that put the build period of the pyramids down to somewhere between 15 and 30 years. They aren't doing this blindly based on hunches or what they read in a book, they're basing it on available evidence.
OK, it was a silly comparison.

Yep, you are making yourself look very silly. People who actually study this rather than just watching the Discovery Channel think it is possible.
But the people who actually study it don't know. That's my point.

They don't know, we don't know.

We're talking about astounding precision. That's no exaggeration.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 3, 2017, 10:04:33 pm »
It's clearly a load of bollocks, everyone knows that aliens still use feet and inches

Imperial Stormtroopers?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #152 on: October 3, 2017, 10:11:25 pm »
Imperial Stormtroopers?

That's mint....

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »
Nope, not impossible at all and there is a plan to make a smaller size replica, see here.

Also see here for how much a replica would cost today and how it could and likely was built.

As to stone precision, read here

....Although they are held to a very tight tolerance on course thickness they vary considerably in width and depth....

And stop reading Von Daniken and watching nonsense sensationalist TV programmes.
I've read a lot of Houdin, but it's just a theory. It's not just a matter of laying blocks every five minutes. The corridors and chambers are astonishingly precise. The scale and precision of the whole thing is magnificent. Again, primitive tools.

I've never heard of Von Daniken.

Anyway, I have a couple more pieces to read on the topic, so I'll say no more tonight.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2017, 10:15:40 pm »

What if they haven't got feet? They might float like those ones in UFO: Enemy Unknown.

"I can build a fucking spanking pyramid me. Some footballer told me it'd be boss, kidda."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2017, 10:18:35 pm »
Stargate taught me so much about Pyramids.
Yep, me too. just waiting for them to find the one in Antartica.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #156 on: October 3, 2017, 10:21:54 pm »
I've read a lot of Houdin, but it's just a theory. It's not just a matter of laying blocks every five minutes. The corridors and chambers are astonishingly precise. The scale and precision of the whole thing is magnificent. Again, primitive tools.

I've never heard of Von Daniken.

Anyway, I have a couple more pieces to read on the topic, so I'll say no more tonight.

You need to watch the program that I linked to earlier.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 3, 2017, 10:22:13 pm »

A documentary in 11 seasons!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 3, 2017, 10:23:55 pm »

Alien vs Predator has you beat mate.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #159 on: October 3, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »
Alien vs Predator has you beat mate.
Is that real though? I always thought Alien vs Predator was just fiction, unlike Stargate.