Author Topic: Gambling adverts to banned 'whistle-to-whistle' in the UK  (Read 8440 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gambling adverts to banned 'whistle-to-whistle' in the UK
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2023, 08:38:11 am »
To be fair, I imagine 2026 being the year of enforcement is because that is the date that existing deals run to. Not sure how you could ban them sooner because contracts would then be breached?

But yeah, banning sponsorship on the front of shirts but still allowing shirt sleeve sponsorship etc. is basically just a token gesture.

I understand existing deals would need to expire, but just don't allow new deals immediately, and it would make it appear they actually give a fuck about tackling the problem.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2023, 10:52:39 am »
I understand existing deals would need to expire, but just don't allow new deals immediately, and it would make it appear they actually give a fuck about tackling the problem.

True. But again just playing devil's advocate, from a fairness point of view, if some clubs are allowed to bring in gambling money until 2026 why shouldn't others be able to? I guess this is what clubs have been saying, especially when Purslow has been saying they can get double the amount of money compared to non-gambling sponsors.

I imagine a lot of existing deals that expire in 2023, 2024 and 2025 will be getting extended soon.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2023, 11:21:29 am »

They don't care, of course.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2023, 03:44:21 pm »

'Bet365 blocks Steven Caulker from a broadcasting job due to his history talking about gambling addition':-

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/17v3esb/bet365_blocks_steven_caulker_from_a_broadcasting

"I finally landed a TV job, or at least I thought I had..

Do you know what came back today?

Bet365 (the TV company's main sponsors) have rejected my profile due to them being "nervous about some of the positive work I have done around problem gambling".

People often say to me that it's great players can now open up about their struggles.

Can they really? I certainly wouldn't encourage it 😬"

^ from www.linkedin.com/posts/steven-caulker-a4493b251_i-finally-landed-a-tv-job-or-at-least-i-activity-7129791696413839361-Aou2
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2023, 04:01:06 pm »
Disgusting if true.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2023, 04:32:06 pm »
That wouldn't surprise me at all about Bet365. Horrible, ruthless company with no morals at all. It's chief executive Denise Coates is worth around £6 billion pounds. A few years ago her annual salary was £422 million. All made from aggressive advertising, shit odds, & a propensity to severely restrict customers who actually make money from betting with them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 04:33:58 pm by Oldmanmick »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2023, 01:59:30 am »
Try rewatching last nights match against Burnley without spotting W88, Betway, Bet365, Unibet & BKB ads taking up nearly 80% of the advertising time on the pitch-side advertising boards.

So annoying.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2023, 09:13:39 am »
Try rewatching last nights match against Burnley without spotting W88, Betway, Bet365, Unibet & BKB ads taking up nearly 80% of the advertising time on the pitch-side advertising boards.

So annoying.

Watched the Brentford game for a short time last night,  a club who’s main striker has a gambling problem, and the electronic adverts constantly around the pitch were for gambling.
Crazy
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2023, 09:18:30 am »
Watched the Brentford game for a short time last night,  a club who’s main striker has a gambling problem, and the electronic adverts constantly around the pitch were for gambling.
Crazy

Add in Brentford's shirt sponsors who are a betting firm too.
#Sausages

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2023, 10:01:40 am »

So annoying.

Honestly never noticed it. Rarely take notice of the electronic advertising etc.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2023, 10:22:41 am »
To be honest betting and sports is a cancer that needs fooking off permanently. The amount of people its affected over the years, pros and fans alike, people have taken their own lives over it.

I used to enjoy a sensible flutter on the footy, but the constant moving of the goal posts by the likes of B365 and Sky Bet, all designed to stop the customer actually winning, is sickening.
An example, Sky Bet do a build a bet feature which allows you to pick your own selections to combine into a bet. The other night during the Man Utd vs Villa game I had a couple of quid which ultimately needed Ollie Watkins to have a shot on target. This would have netted me £130. All my other selections had come in but the cash out they were offering was something like £24. They (Sky Bet) then suspended my ability to cash out for at least 10 minutes, even though the ball was still in play, but knowing Villa were making a raft of subs. A deliberate ploy to do you out of money.

You can easily see how people get addicted to gambling.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2023, 11:44:50 am »
If cashout wasn't a feature at all you'd have had to wait out the whole game anyway.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT