Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 150491 times)

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:34 pm »
lets end the season NOW

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:37 pm »
If you spend 100 million you'd expect to beat relegation fodd, o wait..
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »
Where to even begin?

The players are NOT playing for Rodgers. This season has finished and Rodgers has lost the enthusiasm of the team.

We've had seasons that have effectively been over but the team has had purpose and energy (Kenny's half season after taking over from Hodgson and Rodgers' first season) - and then we have nothing and a team who have nothing to offer (Rafa and Kenny's last season and this season).

And the team selection - jesus christ, we have a formation we know DOESN'T work so we use it. Johnson is NOT going to be here next season so why does he start ahead of other options - Moreno, Manquillo, Enrique, Flanno, Ian Ayre etc. He's past it, and - unlike Gerrard - he hasn't fucking earned his little swansong. Being a bit part player in a League Cup win doesn't get you the extended farewell tour. Balotelli is just - you know what - he's all we've got and that's shite in itself.

And a special mention for Sterling after another shit performance. Everyone has their down days, but salary wise he's positioning himself in the second tier with Hazard, Robben, Ribery, Sanchez etc - doubt they'd go to the Hawthorns and whatever it is Hull call their Rugby ground these days in 4 days and fail to create a half chance.

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:50 pm »
Last kick of the match. Throwing the kitchen sink! All men and women forward. What do we do?

Kick it nowhere near the penalty box.

I can't see Brendan lasting the summer. I've always been on his side including his appointment but he'a definitely a dead man walking. Total capitulation since that Utd game.

Klopp might or might not be the answer.
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:51 pm »
Are we allergic to playing 2 strikers?
I know it was Suarez and Sturridge in great form, but why is there no sign or that diamond we used last year, the one that helped get us 100+ goals?
You'd think when we can't score, it would be worth a punt, no?

I like Brendan and don't want him to go, but you have to wonder about his lack of a plan B or is it ridiculous stubbornness?
Going into the centre was simply not working, so why no throw Lambert on WITH Ballo and stick some crosses in? Why are we continuing to try and go all tippy-tappy through spaces that just are not there?

We've had a great mid season, bookended by two periods where we look utterly unlikely to ever score. We're really slow to recycle the ball, often don't press an advantage at all, slowing play down, don't exploit momentary space, ignore players running into good positions, it's baffling.

I have to ask this, but does anyone remember the last time we were unfortunate not to win, not because of just shading two fairly poor sides, but battering the goal and just being unfortunate?
Because I really don't remember when the last time was.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »
Best stream I ever had.....I ended up with watching a shit performance from Liverpool FC.

Negative note: Sterling, Balotelli, Lovern, Johnson, Allen absolutely dreadful.  They were absolutely clueless what they were doing.

Positive note: Mignolet, Sktrel, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Ibe knew what they were doing but they struggled with the other shit.  Liverpool are lucky to have them.

Massive clearout this summer!!    Enough BS of "outstanding comments" from Rodgers.   Time for him to get ruthless with players!!!

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:58 pm »
Seriously, I'll do the job for nothing. We might not win, but we'll at least get players in the box, and anyone who can't pass 5 yards to a man in a red shirt gets dropped until they learn how.

Oh, and we'll be good on set pieces.

Seriously hard to defend Brendan when the football is that abysmal.

But still - no goalscorers. 9 shots on target. None of them in the net.

Either Rodgers knows he's gone, and is just keeping his head above water until the end; or he knows he's there next season, no matter what, and he's just playing out time until he can get the strikers he needs.

Either way, something's up.

Awful season that made a mockery of last year.
I can't find anything positive from this PoP or the past three/four games. Am in total agreement with you that something is very amiss here.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:06 pm »
Last 5 games - 0 Wins, 1 Draw, 4 loses.

BR is in trouble in my honest opinion.
Results do not lie he is on one big slippery slope,forget stability FSG must be thinking what the f... is going on Kenny got sacked for less in my opinion.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »
I do think that's a bit unfair, Skrtel, Coutinho and Allen put in a top shift tonight.

Admittedly its a team game and if half of them aren't up to it then you might as well be hitting your head against a brick wall. But the mentality of the players at the minute I am honestly gobsmacked by the way a few can put on the shirt an claim the money they do when we have fans boycotting a match for a price that would take them a minute to earn.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:56:25 pm by macca007 »

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:13 pm »
The times they are a changin'....

Rodgers is on thin ice after this one. I've desperately wanted to believe he could turn things around but the insistence on naming players who clearly are not going to be here next season is making me want a change at the top. I was watching highlights of the U21 team earlier, full of desire, hunger, ability. Compared to the dross we've just witnessed it's almost laughably embarrassing. Quite why Brendan thinks Rickie Lambert, who seems to be a nice lad but who is not LFC standard, is the answer rather than someone like Jerome Sinclair, who has criminally been loaned out to fucking Wigan, is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm done, it's over, I want a change at the top. Sorry Brendan, you had your moment in the sun but letting Suarez go and frankly squandering a king's ransom is unforgivable. Enough is enough.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »
I had to use the #RodgersOut 3 times in 1 tweet...

Team selection to start was terrible...when is he going to learn that you don't play a central midfielder as a right back when you have a right back playing as a left back and another one on the bench. Balotelli again as a lone striker...was he really expecting any different than WBA playing the same players bar Allen for Gerrard?

Subs...again just didn't make sense...put a striker partner on with Balotelli...but no...instead take him off and put on Lambert!

Tactics...the team just seems devoid of any....or maybe there are just so many that they all cancel eachother out...like Can moving to center midfield from right back throughout the game.

We do have some players that need to go but we have the players to be producing better than we have all season if used correctly and not played out of position etc. Manager needs to go.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/McaiADeflto" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/McaiADeflto</a>
Continually on 11,420.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »
If you spend 100 million you'd expect to beat relegation fodd, o wait..

You expect to beat fucking most teams, or at least look like you're trying.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:18 pm »
Because he did so well at Burnley?
No idea, I only know of him from Bournemouth. Low expectations, low transfer budget.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:36 pm »
Bloody hell Sterling's off the boil.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »
Gutted. I do not want Rodgers sacked but I'm starting to fear it if we don't put together wins before the end of the season. I'm not having that the players don't give a fuck, they battled on to the last whistle but while I've been more positive than most lately, it does feel like our attacking play has no rhyme or reason.

A word for Joe Allen, who I thought was immense and committed to the last. Coutinho looked in agony, really, he tried to hard. In the end, though, we became individuals trying to win and the pattern was all lost, players shooting or hoofing or whatever came to mind. Heads went.

Awful result that I don't really think reflects the play (not that we deserved to win either) and their goal was down to one fuck up from one player, frankly. Gutted.

A top post. I totally agree with all of it.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:40 pm »
Seriously, I'll do the job for nothing. We might not win, but we'll at least get players in the box, and anyone who can't pass 5 yards to a man in a red shirt gets dropped until they learn how.

I'll watch this again later (cos I hate myself) and confirm it, but I think in the second half we had 4, maybe 5 successful passes that were not to a player either standing still or moving away from the opposition goal. Part of it is probably down to a lack of movement but our passing just seems terrible in general. It's hoofball in a cheap suit.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:50 pm »
Brendan got us to 2nd last year all on his own

Aye I loved that shot he had against Arsenal that hit the post, what a goal that would have been! His volley against Norwich was also quite....hang on a sec.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »
Brendan got us to 2nd last year all on his own

Then he spends badly again culminating in £120million pounds worth of utter shite being bought.

Balotelli - what was that all about? What was he thinking?

And for people who still think he's gods gift what the fuck was tonight then?

If it's the players fault, who bought them? Who motivates them?

No, it was a collective effort last year and it's a collective "effort" this year. There all to blame.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »
Wow PoP. I've been a long time admirer of your posts. Don't think I've ever seen you so peed off after a game.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »
Don't think I've ever hated football as I do now and that's fucking saying something after the shire I've lived through.

Go ahead Frodo lol
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline grizz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:05 pm »
Appalling game tonight no real movement at all
Coutinho  was the orchestra leader but the orchestra pit  was f**king empty  :-X

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »

We've beaten Blackburn and Newcastle in the last five matches.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:08 pm »
We must be the easiest team in the league to play against.
Ya, even Hull can beat us nowadays.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:09 pm »
FSG......  ;)

The CEO of Cadbury's world? Nah he's a shit coach.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:17 pm »
No heart, no brain, and no courage.

Only a wizard could save us now.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:18 pm »
Better looking than Samie.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
By the way how is it FSG's fault? Rodgers picked that team, he stuck Balotelli isolated up front on his own, he brought on another static striker instead of a partner..

The buck stops with the manager, he's lost the dressing room that's clear. How do you expect players to play for you when you constantly favourite others over you, constantly change formation, constantly play players out of position.

We have no game plan, we don't keep possession, we don't play direct, we don't play quick incisive football, we just pointlessly pass it around at the back then loose the ball, we don't press as a team, we are one of the most disjointed teams in the league. We got lucky last season because Suarez was a 1 man fucking army pressing and beating opponents into defeat from the front.. We don't have a single fighter or balls to the wall player anymore, bunch of fannys who get out fought because they are all too scared to go in for the ball hard.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
You didn't notice Lallana come on at the same time as Lambert? Y'know, around '65?

Nope, I was making coffee at the start of the second half, and streaming a jazz album throughout the game. Genuinely didn't notice them as I only saw Markovic come on for Lovren.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:36 pm »
Nah, not having this. Play Sterling upfront alongside Lazar and we can beat this dross. Lack of goalscoring can only get you so much leeway; we shouldn't be this bad.

Or score from set-pieces.When you can't score much from open play you need to get some goals from set-pieces.But no we are shit at them too this season.
Complete failure.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:37 pm »
We can still get 4th...

Mathematically possible innit.

You have a poor attitude if you don't go along with the blind faith in our dross side that doesn't even have a striker.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »
You have to wonder just how closely Boston are watching this. I mean this is Brendan's third season not his first. Can they afford NOT to be ruthless? No one could argue they haven't given Brendan time and money to prove he's the man to bring success.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »
Christ, we are shite.

Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:47 pm »
Hard to defend BR these days. We're a joke. It's like we're Arsenal in that period where all you had to do was defend deep and you rely on us to just pass the ball around the bus for 10 minutes.

Constantly using Can Markovic etc as full backs is beginning to get on my last nerves too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone end of the season.

I'm sorry but even that arsenal side are twice the side we are right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:48 pm »
I cannot see Rodgers being the manager next season. His team needed to show some form but they are showing none.

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:57 pm »
"Just like Steven in the semi-final against Villa I thought we were excellent. I couldn't fault the players attitude, quality and character. It was an outstanding performance by everyone. We have an amazing squad of players. I told Raheem he deserved a mid-season break so I mollycoddled him as I always do and let him have a short holiday in Jamaica. Just look how unbelievably amazing he's been since that break."

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:09 pm »
Play Lambert for the rest of the season. Be nice to see him be able to start some games in a campaign that hasn't gone as well as he'd have desperately hoped it would.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »
Eddie Howe, welcome to Liverpool.

He's a bit too old for us.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:15 pm »
Bad night at the races, didn't help they wanted it more than us either
YNWA

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:18 pm »
Best thing about the match was that I missed the last twenty because I had to pick my sister up from work.

Gotta pic?

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »
Man, this is a fucking depressing read and it's only going to get worse. I remain a Rodgers supporter, to the end I guess. I can see the flaws but I really find it sad the way this season has gone I don't just think it's on his head (meaning plenty of it is, of course), we totally fucked up in summer and it's cost us all season. The one great run we had we've now ended and come full circle with Balotelli up front on his own, proven not to work.

It's hard to feel Brendan isn't struggling badly for ideas but Coutinho false nineing it against Newcastle was a good one and I'd rather see that again than any of our strikers starting. I hope we do on Saturday. I'm desperate for a return to the 18 months of Brendan's reign (half his first season, all last season) and the sort of football we played. I just hope that we get the players who can deliver that because if we can and we keep Rodgers, we're in for another great ride. Maybe he'll never find quite the right balance of attack-defence, I don't know but frankly I'll take another season with a lot of goals and a title challenge.