Author Topic: Liverpool 0 v 1 Stoke 1-1 AET 5-4 Pens Lge Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016 Arnautovic 45  (Read 116009 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 AET Liverpool win 5-4 on Pens)

Walters
Lallana
Crouch Miss
Can Miss
Whelan
Benteke
Affely
Firmino
Shaqiri
Milner
Van Ginkel
Lucas
Muniesa Miss
Allen

Referee: JON MOSS
Linesmen: Lee Betts and Michael Salisbury
Fourth Official Mike Jones

Well has anyone clamed down yet?

I wrote the most of this on Friday night when I should have been out on the lash but hey when a fellow RAWK member needs a writeup then drinking can wait.

I knew that I wouldn't do the write-up after the Norwich match as I'd either be out celebrating or if we lost then I'll be like ....... well like grumpy. Well I'm elated at watching Norwich......still laughing at Klopp and that finish. What a game.

Let's look forwards at the Stoke match.

So there's no need to go through who Stoke are and what the recent results have been etc. This is a cup semi and everyone knows how important it is to get to a final.

Let's relive the first leg a bit.

The starting teams were:

Stoke City: Butland, Johnson, Shawcross, Wollscheid, Pieters, Cameron, Whelan, Shaqiri, Afellay, Arnautovic, Krkic.
Subs: Joselu, Wilson, van Ginkel, Adam, Walters, Crouch, Haugaard.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Allen, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho.
Subs: Milner, Benteke, Brannagan, Ibe, Bogdan, Smith, Randal

We stated the match well and pressed hard. Within two minutes we had two corners.

However after 18 minutes Coutinho was on the ground with a pulled hamstring.

16 minutes later the curse struck again and Lovren hobbled off.

We had most of the game in the first half and after 37 minutes our substitute, Ibe scored.

Stoke came into the match much more in the 2nd half but we did well to win 1-0.

Near the end Toure pulled up......another unwelcome injury. Three similar injuries in one game!

There was a bit of a bromance at the final whistle:

The match stats surprised me as I thought we had more of the game.

Overall it was a pretty close game and I expect another tight match. If Stoke score early then it could be a long evening.

We are one game away from the final so let's press all game and don't let Stoke in. Let's get our manager to a final.

A bit of history next.....

We have won the League Cup more times than anyone else.

We're also been runners-up three times. Stoke have won it once and have been 2nd once.

Stoke have progressed from both of their semi-finals in the League Cup.........hmm........but against Stoke in the competition we have not lost, winning 5 and drawing one.

Our current injuries are well documented but with any luck we'll start to see the back of them soon.

Philippe Coutinho - Hamstring - Expected return date: In the next month

Dejan Lovren - Hamstring - Expected return date: Within the next week

Divock Origi - Hamstring - Expected return date: Within the next week

Martin Skrtel - Hamstring - Expected return date: In the next month

Jordan Rossiter - Hamstring - No return date

Daniel Sturridge - Hamstring - Expected return date: In the next month

Danny Ings - Cruciate Ligament - Expected return date: Between three and six months

Joe Gomez - Cruciate Ligament - Expected return date: Long term: At least six months out

Let's enjoy the game as we have a great chance of getting through to a cup final. We are 1-0 up and will need to play well to get through as I expect Stoke to throw everything at us especially in the last 10 minutes of the game if they are still behind.

I expect us to field our strongest team and I'd like to see Joe getting a game.

What team would you like to see us playing?

Will Flanagan get onto the team? Will Lovren be fit? Will Caulker play?

Should we go for an early goal or try to contain the midfield?

Who are Stoke's main dangers and how do you expect them to be setup?

Are you happy with our defending as Stoke will throw lots of balls into our box expecially after watching us against Norwich?

Will Klopp have a new pair of glasses?

Oh and can you try explaining the away goals rule for this game for those who are confused?

Let's go for this and thump them.

I predict we'll see this man doing a fist pump at the end of the match.

As for me..............I'm away for a well earned beer or three after that match I've just witnessed.

TEAMS

Liverpool

22 Mignolet
38 Flanagan
4K  Touré
17 Sakho
18 Moreno
14 Henderson
21 Lucas
23 Can
7 Milner
11 Firmino
20 Lallana

Substitutes

6 Lovren
9 Benteke
2 4Allen
33 Ibe
44 Smith
52 Ward
53 J. Teixeira

Stoke

1 Butland
8 Johnson
26 Wollscheid
5 Muniesa
3 Pieters
6 Whelan
14 Afellay
19 Walters
27 Krkic
10 Arnautovic
25 Crouch

Substitutes

2 Bardsley
11 Joselu
12 Wilson
15 Van Ginkel
16 Adam
22 Shaqiri
29 Haugaard

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:33:17 pm by oddball »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 v 0 Stoke League Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:39:58 pm »
COME ON REDMEN !!!!!!!!

:scarf
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »
Now that's a proper YNWA.

;)

Liverpool get us under way as the KOP finishes off YNWA
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:47:19 pm »
Now that's a proper YNWA.

;)

Wasnt it just...good to here.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »
2' Liverpool on the front foot, started brightly

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 07:50:04 pm »
4' It definitely looks like we've been told high intensity early on.
Lots of chasing and harrying

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 07:51:30 pm »
5' Now there's a sight, Lallalalana completely burns Johnson down the wing and swings a beauty of a cross over.
Dare I say he was too quick ?
It's cleared

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »
6' Flanagan tests his knee with a crunching tackle that draws huge cheers.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »
5' Now there's a sight, Lallalalana completely burns Johnson down the wing and swings a beauty of a cross over.
Dare I say he was too quick ?
It's cleared

I did laugh at that ;D

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 07:54:05 pm »
8' Stoke not hiding their intentions at all, every opportunity they look to go long to Walters, this time Butland sends a booming kick straight through to Migs.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 07:54:36 pm »
Training this afternoon, leaving in 5 minutes.

Thaw and deploy as necessary...

:lmao Here our order boys.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 07:55:21 pm »
9' Wolshite concedes a corner, go on Redmen, surprise us.
Milner floats it nearpost, easily cleared.
 :butt

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:34 pm »
10' Lucas has been at the Red Bull it seems.
He's everywhere.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 07:58:05 pm »
12' Another long ball drifts aimlessly out of play, gonna be a long night for Walters.
 :D
Can does well in and around the box, eventually runs it out for a goal kick

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »
How long on those sausages Oddball?

;D

2 mins :)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »
Owen McVeigh.
 :wellin

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 07:59:58 pm »
13' Uh oh.
Corner Stoke.
Sakho out, cleared by Hendo.

Phew.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »
RIP Owen McVeigh

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:44 pm »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »
Class, Just saw the banner for Young Owen.

RIP lad.

:scarf

Absolutely mate. RIP.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 08:01:37 pm »
15' Nice build up, eventually breaks down, and Stoke have a throw in.

Over to JK to bring us a goal.

:wave

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »
Still waiting for the game to catch light 15 mins in. Couple of sniffs from both teams, but nothing to write home about. Which is handy as Im already at home.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 08:02:44 pm »
15 - Really cracking atmosphere at Anfield tonight. Scrappy game so far but suspect Klopp won't be that bothered.

We break, Lucas trying a one-two with Milner that was read before Moreno tackles for a Stoke throw.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »
17 - Great pressing from Can, Firmino takes it on but his shot was blocked. Stoke break and Moreno catches Bojan, FK.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 08:04:19 pm »
18 - Arnautovic looms over it, Crouch in the middle.

Awful from the Austrian, scoops it aimlessly towards the near post and out for a GK.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »
18 - Stoke with bodies in the middle making it hard work for us.

Sakho tries to fizz a pass through to Moreno but it's a little too hot and straight through to Butland.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 08:06:24 pm »
19 - Great work from Firmino and Lucas, winning headers to get the ball back and earn us a throw.

This our 36 game of the season, the most of any Premier League side.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 08:07:31 pm »
20 - Firmino pinches the ball cheekily and pops it back to Can, but we lose momentum quickly and the ball is back with our defence.

FK to Liverpool after Johnson clatters Moreno.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 08:08:33 pm »
22 - Can with another awkward touch, hasn't quite looked as assured on the ball as he'd like.

Firmino down the right to Flanagan, Muniesa prevents the corner and eventually we lose the ball down the right hand side.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 08:08:40 pm »
19 - Great work from Firmino and Lucas, winning headers to get the ball back and earn us a throw.

This our 36 game of the season, the most of any Premier League side.[/
b]

Just like old times.
 :)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:41 pm »
23 - Lallana wins it straight back for an LFC throw but Stoke press and we lose the ball.

Long ball from Pieters plays Walters in behind, no question of offside and he's in.

Sakho manages to put him under a little pressure and force him out wide, and his shot drifts wide of the far post. Lucky escape there.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:10 pm »
23 - Lallana wins it straight back for an LFC throw but Stoke press and we lose the ball.

Long ball from Pieters plays Walters in behind, no question of offside and he's in.

Sakho manages to put him under a little pressure and force him out wide, and his shot drifts wide of the far post. Lucky escape there.

The ball to Walters is only a few yards in our half and Sakho waves for Mignolet to come out. Mignolet stays on his line. As much as I will back our keeper I do feel he should have been coming off his line.  No doubt the ammo for the haters at HT.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:17 pm »
24 - We're feeding off scraps at the moment and struggling to keep the ball.

Lucas dispossesses Crouch and we counter, scrappy again, beautiful turn from Can on the edge of the box but an awful shot.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 08:12:06 pm »
25 - Stoke fans sing the "La Bamba" tune for Marco Muniesa. No, I don't get it either.

He thanks them by tripping Milner and getting booked.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »
IS TGF HERE? PAGING TGF...COMM AVAILABILITY THREAD PLEASE

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »
Stoke fans singing Sign On.....the fucking irony! ::)

They have to sing it pal, they can't fucking spell it.

Camera just panned round and the Stoke end is full rugby headed fuckers.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »
26 - Liverpool set piece.

We try a training ground move and it goes a bit wrong, although Hendo nearly recovers after his original slip with raking ball into the box. Intercepted, and he fouls trying to recover.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »
27 - Stoke pump the free kick long, we clear our lines.

Walters down injured, Lucas helps him up. Classy from our Brazilian midfielder on his 300th appearance for the club, and we give Stoke back the ball.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 08:14:56 pm »
28 - Sakho with the good and the bad - just about wins the ball in the air then plays it straight back to the Stoke player before lunging in with a leggy tackle to get it back before conceding a throw.

Stoke try to play it into the box but Flanno with a calm nod back to Mignolet.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 08:16:14 pm »
29 - We try to build down the right but it doesn't quite come off for Hendo.

Klopp looks cross, our intensity has certainly waned as we sit off a little to defend the long ball.

Foul by Lucas in the middle.