Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6746788 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting
« Reply #66400 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:36 am »
So will there be any more boos this weekend at Goodison following the opening round of booing at their previous match?
West Ham, yet to win a point. let alone a game are surely there for the taking.....
Apologies for quoting this.
Has the booing panel sat yet? Can we say there's been boos for 2 consecutive games now?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #66401 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:03 am »
13% of the time, he saves it 100% the time.

In the PL, Mignolet, 245 appearances, 80 clean sheets (33%) , Pickford, 74 appearances, 14 clean sheets (19%).
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66402 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:32 am »
I know pace goals don't count, and rightly so as it's just cheating, but do technology goals count?

Before goal line technology that definitely wouldn't have been given so that's -1 for the RS.
As has been said, taps ins don't either due to recent rule changes, so -2.
Clear pen for Spurs therefore the official result is a 2-0 home win.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66403 on: September 17, 2018, 10:41:03 am »
In the PL, Mignolet, 245 appearances, 80 clean sheets (33%) , Pickford, 74 appearances, 14 clean sheets (19%).

Stick Migs behind those Everton defenders and I imagine his numbers would drop off a cliff.  Still reckon they'd be better than Pickford's though - maybe 22%.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66404 on: September 17, 2018, 10:47:24 am »
I love watching pickford diving after the ball has already passed him. He seems to do it every single goal. Massively overrated

Not just the goals though, he dived for one yesterday after the ball hit the side netting  :fishslap

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66405 on: September 17, 2018, 10:52:49 am »
I bet the folk getting called to Mann Island for disabilty assessments wish Everton's doctors were doing the medicals.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #66406 on: September 17, 2018, 10:55:25 am »
pickford's save percentage doesn't really matter this early in the season, does it

Because points don’t count until after the first 10 games?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66407 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:20 am »
Still waiting for some pundit to go...."umm....this Pickford lad, he's actually a bit crap isn't he"

Closest I've heard was neville describing the goalkeeping as strange after he did one of his weird dives that either got nowhere near the ball or it was already past him

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #66408 on: September 17, 2018, 12:04:16 pm »
In many ways, you have to appreciate what Everton have been doing for the last 20 odd years.

No matter whether we've had a good season or a bad season, we've always been able to rely on them to NOT win at Anfield and in general, to give us 6 points a season.

They've always been there for us to laugh at, and even when they do well, we outdo them! (They qualified for the CL, so we went and won it!  ;D)

They sign a CF who scores some goals in Jelavic, so we go and sign a CF who turns out to be the best striker in Europe outside of Messi and Ronaldo in the genius Luis Suarez.

They come into some money and splurge it on Yannick Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Keane and Ashley Williams, etc.

We splurge the cash and sign the best centre back in Europe and a winger who gets 44 goals!

We build a new stand, they build a plastic wall to block it out!

Oh Everton, never change!
FAME makes a man take things over

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #66409 on: September 17, 2018, 12:33:14 pm »
Still waiting for some pundit to go...."umm....this Pickford lad, he's actually a bit crap isn't he"
It's the Joe Hart Cognitive Impairment Phenomena...

Early positive perceptions become entrenched regardless of the mediocre reality that appears on a weekly basis. The narrative is further enhanced by the fact that the player is English so the Phil Nevilles of this world will continue to talk in glowing terms despite contradictory evidence.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #66410 on: September 17, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »

Early positive perceptions become entrenched regardless of the mediocre reality that appears on a weekly basis. The narrative is further enhanced by the fact that the player is English so the Phil Nevilles of this world will continue to talk in glowing terms despite contradictory evidence.

Makes you wonder how bad the other England keepers really are!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #66411 on: September 17, 2018, 12:58:03 pm »
Makes you wonder how bad the other England keepers really are!

Pope is better! Granted, I'm going on about 3 games worth of evidence here  :D  But he at least looks like he has the fundamentals. 

Pickford is so lacking in even some of the basics of goalkeeping, let alone his nasty habit of letting in an inordinate amount of goals each season, and his inability to kick the ball properly.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66412 on: September 17, 2018, 01:04:37 pm »

I think that comparison is really unfair on Joe Hart. He has been a terrible keeper for past 4 years or so, but for a few years, he was one of the best keepers in the league with consistently high save percentages. He was playing under Mancini and Pellegrini so he was mostly playing quite a traditional goalkeeper role. But the man was part of league winning teams.

Pickford hasn't proven anything. Even at Sunderland, he was part of one of the leakiest defenses in the league.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66413 on: September 17, 2018, 01:10:42 pm »
It would be so Everton if they get docked points for tapping up Silva and then sack him before Crimbo. ;D

Pope is better! Granted, I'm going on about 3 games worth of evidence here  :D  But he at least looks like he has the fundamentals. 

Pickford is so lacking in even some of the basics of goalkeeping, let alone his nasty habit of letting in an inordinate amount of goals each season, and his inability to kick the ball properly.

Pickford looks to me like the type of keeper that would suit Utd, loads of defenders and just shots to react to and he is fine, but as a keeper he is shit. That second goal yesterday was hysterical, all the time in the world yet fucks up the pass and then, when the West Ham player is cutting across it is so obvious where the shot is going yet he doesn't get across far enough and leaves a massive target for the player to aim for. Alisson would have been moving a lot quicker to his r/h post to would have likely saved that shot.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #66414 on: September 17, 2018, 01:46:26 pm »
It's not entirely their fault though - Koeman really fucked them over in last summer's transfer window.  He set them back three seasons and probably by extension delayed any realistic plan for a new stadium.

Wasn't there friction at the time about Koeman not wanting certain players who were signed, and wanting players who the club didn't pursue? We don't know how much say he had in transfers, and how much the brains trust of Steve Walsh, Moshi-la and Kenwright dictated transfer policy
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66415 on: September 17, 2018, 01:55:57 pm »

Wasn't there friction at the time about Koeman not wanting certain players who were signed, and wanting players who the club didn't pursue? We don't know how much say he had in transfers, and how much the brains trust of Steve Walsh, Moshi-la and Kenwright dictated transfer policy

rooney was deffo the sentimental arl luvie's decision

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66416 on: September 17, 2018, 02:00:25 pm »

It's not entirely their fault though - Koeman really fucked them over in last summer's transfer window.  He set them back three seasons and probably by extension delayed any realistic plan for a new stadium.

Reckon Allardyce played a bad joke on them too buying Tosun in January for 27 mill. He's got to be the most immobile striker in the league. It'd be one thing if he was scoring, but he's stopped doing that now too.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66417 on: September 17, 2018, 02:10:43 pm »
So if we win next week and they don't, is that the earliest we've ever opened up a double-digit lead on them in the league?

Remember when Everton used to challenge us for league supremacy? Yeah, me neither.

1990/91 we won our first 8, they lost their first 3 then drew their 4th so 11 point gap after 4 games, after 8 games the gap was 19 points ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66418 on: September 17, 2018, 02:13:30 pm »
Reckon Allardyce played a bad joke on them too buying Tosun in January for 27 mill. He's got to be the most immobile striker in the league. It'd be one thing if he was scoring, but he's stopped doing that now too.
He was on Sky Sports a few weeks ago  and said he'd sign Tosun from Olympiakos. ;D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Talking Reds

• Main Stander
« Reply #66419 on: September 17, 2018, 02:35:59 pm »

This was noticeable last night with the analysis for the second goal on MOTD2. Awful pass out from Pickford but the comments were only about how brilliant Noble had been to win the ball. Imagine if Karius had made that pass, it would have been dissected and replayed hundreds of times over.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #66420 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:49 pm »
I think that comparison is really unfair on Joe Hart. He has been a terrible keeper for past 4 years or so, but for a few years, he was one of the best keepers in the league with consistently high save percentages. He was playing under Mancini and Pellegrini so he was mostly playing quite a traditional goalkeeper role. But the man was part of league winning teams.

Pickford hasn't proven anything. Even at Sunderland, he was part of one of the leakiest defenses in the league.
You've got a point, but the underlying principle still holds. Hart was given an extended pass based on 'good credit' that had been accumulated in past years. Despite being poor for a period of time, Hart was not critiqued in a way that reflected his drop in form.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66421 on: September 17, 2018, 03:41:24 pm »
rooney was deffo the sentimental arl luvie's decision

Rooney in isolation wasn't a bad choice. He would have been a good PR move, despite his wages. It was the players they paid actual transfer fees for that did for them. Made Rooney"s position in the team pointless.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #66422 on: September 17, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »
1990/91 we won our first 8, they lost their first 3 then drew their 4th so 11 point gap after 4 games, after 8 games the gap was 19 points ;D

Given 90/91 turned to shit in many ways, let's hope we can keep it going better this season
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #66423 on: September 17, 2018, 03:54:15 pm »
The first footie club in Liverpool la. The People's club la. Proper Scouse la.
You're actually quite accurate there. They do base much of their arrogance on that kind of petty nonsense. I say nonsense because two of those claims are actually false. They stole the 'club for the People of Liverpool' shout from Bill Shankly. We also clearly have far more fans around Merseyside than they do too. They think just because most of their support is local that they are the Scouse club, but all that tells you is that their appeal is very limited and few outside of the area (and Wales) give a shit about them. Liverpool, on the other hand, are not only Scouse, but regional, national and global too. Few clubs attain such status because it has to be earned over a very long time.

Bitters see the fact we are in such a prestigious category as a negative, but we all know it's a major positive, and the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Ajax, Milan, Bayern, juventus, United etc who also fall into o this category will no doubt agree. It's a standing in the game that Everton can only dream about having.

The only accurate claim in there is that they were formed first. They revel in that fact, but who, other than them, gives a flying fuck about that? It holds no relevance at all. All it says is that we gave them a fourteen year head start and they still trail miles behind us.

The 'peoples club' and 'scouse club' things are simply inaccurate claims in a one-way dick swinging contest only they care about. The kind of stuff you expect junior school kids to indulge in rather than a club of professionals and its fanbase. And make no mistake, their club really do indulge in this petty, childish and small-minded nonsense. That woman (their CEO I think) saying the City would be all theirs just because they have offices in the Liver Building was crass and embarrassing from them. Utterly pathetic, and if I were an old school blue I'd have had my head in my hands when she said that. Surely their ambitions are a bit higher than juvenile, petty local jibes at their world renowned neighbours. Jibes that make them look so utterly small-time too.

Blues, the world is a big place. It doesn't end at Spellow Lane or the Rice Lane roundabout. Get your heads out of your arses and see the bigger picture before life and modern football leave you so far behind that you'll be fucked forever.

On second thoughts. No, just carry on as you have been, because your eventual fate will be more than deserved. A dinosaur club for dinosaur fans stuck in a far bygone age.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66424 on: September 17, 2018, 04:02:02 pm »
Rooney in isolation wasn't a bad choice. He would have been a good PR move, despite his wages. It was the players they paid actual transfer fees for that did for them. Made Rooney"s position in the team pointless.
To me, the Rooney signing definitely was a PR thing. They'd splashed out mega millions and thought they had finally got it sussed. They brought him in for his high profile at a time when they wanted maximum exposure on the club. If it had worked out then they would have been playing good football with maximum exposure on the side too. As it happened, it turned to shite, as usual, so the Rooney move looked poor in the end.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:21:17 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66425 on: September 17, 2018, 04:25:19 pm »
You've got a point, but the underlying principle still holds. Hart was given an extended pass based on 'good credit' that had been accumulated in past years. Despite being poor for a period of time, Hart was not critiqued in a way that reflected his drop in form.

It isn't just Joe Hart though, most keepers seem to get locked into their initial perception, so those who start well will continue to get a pass and those who start slow will always be considered dodgy, about the only big exception to that is probably DDG who was poor at first but won people over.

Offline D0GFACE

• "..... there'snoplacelikehome ..... there'snoplacelikehome ....."
  • Kopite
« Reply #66426 on: September 17, 2018, 06:00:07 pm »
Megaphones and dodgy keepers, keep it up! 😂😂😂😂
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66427 on: September 17, 2018, 06:00:13 pm »
Bitters see the fact we are in such a prestigious category as a negative, but we all know it's a major positive, and the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Ajax, Milan, Bayern, juventus, United etc who also fall into o this category will no doubt agree. It's a standing in the game that Everton can only dream about having.

They must have hated it when we were called European Royalty by the UEFA official during the CL run last season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #66428 on: September 17, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »
I’m convinced that until they sort out the toxic atmosphere at that pit of a stadium they will always be shite. No matter the manger or players, it’ll remain the same as it must be a horrible place to play football

Lets look at the evidence (in the voice of Lloyd Grossman)

Players, they've brought in (including loans and youngsters) 49 new players in the last 4 seasons, not that.

Money, they are the 15th highest spending club in europe since 2010, ahead of Bayern Munich, not that.

Managers, They have had 4 managers in the last 4 seasons, all of whom have had success and praise elsewhere, not that.

Directors of football, tried two both having succeeded elsewhere, not that.

Atmosphere and Duncan Ferguson.

Name anything else that might be causing problems?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66429 on: September 17, 2018, 07:19:04 pm »
They must have hated it when we were called European Royalty by the UEFA official during the CL run last season.
Ah, but wasn't he a 'Redshite' UEFA official from Norway ? Which sort of invalidates his statement.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66430 on: September 17, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »
To me, the Rooney signing definitely was a PR thing. They'd splashed out mega millions and thought they had finally got it sussed. They brought him in for his high profile at a time when they wanted maximum exposure on the club. If it had worked out then they would have been playing good football with maximum exposure on the side too. As it happened, it turned to shite, as usual, so the Rooney move looked poor in the end.

Absolutely agree.  In another world, he could have been a very good poacher, given his lack of pace, latching onto balls being sent into the box.  Or a decent holding midfielder perhaps.  As it was he was surrounded by lumbering players whose only skill was set pieces, which made him irrelevant.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #66431 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:45 pm »

Sums Everton up they have conceded and Jordan Pickford in the hoodie hasn't even dived yet.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66432 on: September 17, 2018, 09:16:40 pm »

Sums Everton up they have conceded and Jordan Pickford in the hoodie hasn't even dived yet.

not having that

he can touch his head ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66433 on: September 17, 2018, 09:24:10 pm »
Units of measurement (descending order):

Kilometre
Hectometre
Decametre
Metre
Decimetre
Centimetre
Millimetre
Micrometre
Nanometre
Pickford’s arms
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:26:34 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #66434 on: September 17, 2018, 09:43:00 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #66435 on: September 17, 2018, 10:00:58 pm »
Units of measurement (descending order):

Kilometre
Hectometre
Decametre
Metre
Decimetre
Centimetre
Millimetre
Micrometre
Nanometre
Pickford’s arms
The picometer... now renamed the pickfordmeter
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66436 on: September 17, 2018, 10:32:33 pm »

pickvard munch

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66437 on: September 18, 2018, 12:53:44 am »
 ::)

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66438 on: September 18, 2018, 01:12:42 am »
Poor old Saint Domingo!
Jealousy is a terrible thing!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #66439 on: September 18, 2018, 02:00:59 am »
They'll be going potty at this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAnDazXHIY
 :lmao :lmao
#Sausages