Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226367 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #960 on: October 11, 2019, 01:25:29 pm »
Will this mean I could change my dads member card who passed away two years ago to my sister's 9 year old neice? That update page asks for i.d proof though which as a 9 year old she isn't going to have! We have 4 members cards (mine, my dads, and 2 sisters) with 3 having full credits (mine, my dads and 1 of my sisters) with those other 2 cards shared for games between my 2 sisters, neice, uncle and my mum depending on work and other commitments. I tried doing this back not long after he died by writing a letter to the club to possibly change it to my mums name then but they didn't seem to understand why a members card would need the name changing and wanted to cancel it! Losing full credits when as a family we've been going for years just got completely lost on them, so just left it in the end and never bothered to reply after that. So if I can now change my dads to my neice's name that would mean the 4 cards would be then fixed for us all? I still don't see though how any of this is going to be policied for entry into the stadium, how its possible to check thousands of people or even do spot checks inside when its said there will be a friends and family system, I just don't see how that will all work.

No, they won't allow that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: October 11, 2019, 01:25:47 pm »
can you change a name of someone on the waiting list?

No.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: October 11, 2019, 01:30:51 pm »
No, that will not be allowed. You will have problems if/when they start collections at PL aways

I mean we all know the away ladder has been abused for years, but this will really show it, and if they start doing collections there is going to be an almighty shit-storm with those who have been going on other people's cards all these years.

The thing is, those people who have been going will say they have been going so have the loyalty, but the fact is they were never entitled to go in the first place, they just happen to know someone who had the credits who could sort them out.

Huge can of worms that, and I don't know how the club sort it.

Ultimately though, if they do, the closed shop may open up and actually be fair to all fans for once.

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #963 on: October 11, 2019, 01:32:18 pm »
No, that will not be allowed. You will have problems if/when they start collections at PL aways

Thanks for the answer. With the possibility of transferring a membership to someone else, it would need to be a case of some not having a membership? or giving up your existing membership to that  one over?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:48:55 pm by cmulls5 »

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #964 on: October 11, 2019, 02:37:23 pm »
Are there any meetings planned where supporters can voice their opinion in regards to season ticket attendance at homes what happens when holder can't attend and passes to family member to attend is this not possible moving forward.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #965 on: October 11, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »
Are there any meetings planned where supporters can voice their opinion in regards to season ticket attendance at homes what happens when holder can't attend and passes to family member to attend is this not possible moving forward.
Graham has been meeting on behalf of supporters for some time (along with others) so I can't see any new meetings planned myself

If you read the thread I think your situation is covered - it can and will be possible to pass to family members via a friends and family scheme

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #966 on: October 11, 2019, 02:44:22 pm »
This is a nightmare to Police. I absolutely get that those who actually attend the most games should be entitled to go to the most games. However telling a group of mates who pass a few cards round equally that they no longer can without penalty is going to upset a lot of people. I, for example, have one card in my name and one card in my dad's name (who incidentally has never been to a game and hates football). I use this card to primarily go with the same mate (and have done now since 2002) but when he can't make it others step in and come with me. They are a small pool. If I can't find a way of keeping that card I wouldn't bother going myself as I can't afford the travel for a start. 

I'd honestly rather leave both seats empty for the games he can't attend and keep the credits, particularly in Europe.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #967 on: October 11, 2019, 02:46:25 pm »
This is a nightmare to Police. I absolutely get that those who actually attend the most games should be entitled to go to the most games. However telling a group of mates who pass a few cards round equally that they no longer can without penalty is going to upset a lot of people. I, for example, have one card in my name and one card in my dad's name (who incidentally has never been to a game and hates football). I use this card to primarily go with the same mate (and have done now since 2002) but when he can't make it others step in and come with me. They are a small pool. If I can't find a way of keeping that card I wouldn't bother going myself as I can't afford the travel for a start. 

I'd honestly rather leave both seats empty for the games he can't attend and keep the credits, particularly in Europe.

It sounds like they will have a friends/family system in place to be fair. If I am reading right it sounds like your dad's card wants to be transferred to your mate who is primary goer, and there will be system in place to change it now and again?

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #968 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:44 pm »
It sounds like they will have a friends/family system in place to be fair. If I am reading right it sounds like your dad's card wants to be transferred to your mate who is primary goer, and there will be system in place to change it now and again?

We both work shifts and rely on luck and annual leave to both be able to go to the same games. I miss a fair few to work and get absolutely screwed when there are TV schedule changes when I have to book leave three months in advance. Games I pay for and intend to go to are often snatched away from me due to TV scheduling. If we actually only attend half the matches together it won't take long before one or both of us drop off the credits because friends and family isn't going to be without limits before credits go. I can see an argument on both sides really but if we are trying to beat touts then it's not going to be long before good people suffer. I sold my Kiev ticket for the same price I paid for it. Touting is abhorrent but they'll find a way to rebuild.

It's that or get fake ID's to show at the stadium if we are spot checked. It'll be my go to move unless they go full biometrics.

Online Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: October 11, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
I mean we all know the away ladder has been abused for years, but this will really show it, and if they start doing collections there is going to be an almighty shit-storm with those who have been going on other people's cards all these years.

The thing is, those people who have been going will say they have been going so have the loyalty, but the fact is they were never entitled to go in the first place, they just happen to know someone who had the credits who could sort them out.

Huge can of worms that, and I don't know how the club sort it.

Ultimately though, if they do, the closed shop may open up and actually be fair to all fans for once.
This is pretty much where I am on it as well and if the away ladder does open up then these fans will be able to get back on it anyway.  It will cause a lot of upset though

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #970 on: October 11, 2019, 03:10:29 pm »
I sold my Kiev ticket for the same price I paid for it. Touting is abhorrent but they'll find a way to rebuild.

See, I get why this isn't an issue to you and it's not a terrible thing to do so I'm not having a go... But you sold your ticket to someone who maybe didn't have the credits and people (including me) who had credits for the ballot missed out.

I know a fair few who went to Kiev and Madrid as they had tickets they bought off others at face value, but it did stop people who had claims on those tickets from going. I must admit I was fairly annoyed people could just change the name on the final tickets when I missed out on the ballot both years!

As painful as it will be for some, and me on occasion as I have had to transfer the odd game in the past, I think these changes will make it fairer.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: October 11, 2019, 03:36:29 pm »
A lot discussed on here is highlighting why hanging on to credits is skewing the system. The people who all share the cards round in groups will get 19 games a season on them. When realistically each of the people should have their own membership and have say 3 / 4 games each. This then puts that card in the pot for the 13+ sale each year and guarantees a ticket for every game. That shouldn't be the case. It's exactly why the person who attends the game should be getting the credit.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #972 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:59 pm »
See, I get why this isn't an issue to you and it's not a terrible thing to do so I'm not having a go... But you sold your ticket to someone who maybe didn't have the credits and people (including me) who had credits for the ballot missed out.

I know a fair few who went to Kiev and Madrid as they had tickets they bought off others at face value, but it did stop people who had claims on those tickets from going. I must admit I was fairly annoyed people could just change the name on the final tickets when I missed out on the ballot both years!

As painful as it will be for some, and me on occasion as I have had to transfer the odd game in the past, I think these changes will make it fairer.

I sold my ticket to someone that did have the credits and missed out in the ballot. I'd also been to all European games as had my mate. I got quoted £3500 for a spare last season and subsequently lost £260 in a non transferable flight when I couldn't justify it.

I do have to be  honest, objectively speaking those that actually go to the most games deserve to get tickets to every one and credit hunting/keeping is a problem. But we all know decent groups of people are going to lose out and the touts will find a way to hoover up those credits and keep them anyway.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #973 on: October 11, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »

Are these STs or members' cards you've got? Out of interest, why did you get two in the first place if your dad had no interest in football? And why did your friend not just get one in his name?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: October 11, 2019, 04:43:53 pm »
Thanks for the answer. With the possibility of transferring a membership to someone else, it would need to be a case of some not having a membership? or giving up your existing membership to that  one over?

In my opinion there will be no way they will agree to transfer away credits from an existing card.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: October 11, 2019, 04:44:26 pm »

This is possible now and will be possible in the future.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: October 11, 2019, 04:47:14 pm »

Ultimately they will track empty seats not being used and will take cards off non attenders. On average there are 2000 empty seats 15 minutes in to every game. Over 1500 people did not turn up for Barca at home last season.

This is one area they want to look at. Bayern for instance take your ST off you if you miss three home games per season (or rather our seat is empty) - not suggesting LFC will go that far.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #977 on: October 11, 2019, 04:50:14 pm »
Ultimately they will track empty seats not being used and will take cards off non attenders. On average there are 2000 empty seats 15 minutes in to every game. Over 1500 people did not turn up for Barca at home last season.

This is one area they want to look at. Bayern for instance take your ST off you if you miss three home games per season (or rather our seat is empty) - not suggesting LFC will go that far.

Not worth it. 3-0 down, No chance of a comeback!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #978 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »
Not worth it. 3-0 down, No chance of a comeback!
Should have their tickets removed for ever doubting we’d comeback!
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #979 on: October 11, 2019, 04:56:16 pm »
Our two season tickets are in my Dad’s name as he got them when I was only 5. How’s that going to work?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: October 11, 2019, 04:58:51 pm »
Here’s an idea then.

The club to be transparent on the tickets freed up from touting.
So even if it’s 1 person who has a card removed-after any appeal timeline has finished, publish that 1 STH is back in the pot.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #981 on: October 11, 2019, 05:02:18 pm »
Here’s an idea then.

The club to be transparent on the tickets freed up from touting.
So even if it’s 1 person who has a card removed-after any appeal timeline has finished, publish that 1 STH is back in the pot.
Definitely

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #982 on: October 11, 2019, 05:02:43 pm »
Are these STs or members' cards you've got? Out of interest, why did you get two in the first place if your dad had no interest in football? And why did your friend not just get one in his name?

Members cards. I got them when it was an absolute lottery who would come with me so it was just easier if I controlled things. My friend did actually get one in his name, gleefully telling me in August of 2018 how he could buy the ticket on his card now. The card with zero European or league credits and almost no hope of getting any. Gave the club £26.99 for free though, and it also auto renewed at a further £26.99 this year with nothing on it!

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #983 on: October 11, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »
I'm away with work and got my sister to whatsapp me a picture of my passport, tried 5 different ones and still wont accept it. I'm not back till next friday is there a deadline when to have it done by?? And does WhatsApp reduce the quality of the picture, only one go left so will have to do it from my own camera. Any tips?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #984 on: October 11, 2019, 05:06:04 pm »

Bayern idea is great, I think most seats empty are members who buy in bulk sale and then can’t go but don’t have a way of transferring card. STHs will be compelled to use exchange more as well. Only people who have issues with this are the ones benefiting from it currently

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #985 on: October 11, 2019, 05:08:05 pm »
I'm away with work and got my sister to whatsapp me a picture of my passport, tried 5 different ones and still wont accept it. I'm not back till next friday is there a deadline when to have it done by?? And does WhatsApp reduce the quality of the picture, only one go left so will have to do it from my own camera. Any tips?

Try to send the picture as an email attachment instead of through whatsapp
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: October 11, 2019, 05:08:15 pm »
Spoke to a few people in the know today regarding corporates like myself and normal tickets.

What I’ve found out is firstly corporates will only have to verify their ID, and that’s it, having two or more season tickets in the same name, will still continue as currently each ticket is registered to the same membership number anyway. Secondly corporates who own members cards in their name will have to give them up, as you can’t own members cards and seasonal hospitality, and that was a condition of getting seasonal hospitality. Thirdly when transferring a ticket currently you can recall and reissue them, this will eventually cease and once you have transferred an e-ticket to a client, friend, relative or colleague you can’t issue it again for a game. Fourthly, the club are undertaking a project to improve fan experience, this could lead to changes to fan forums etc. Finally, it has been mentioned that the admin fee will be removed when selling a ticket back the club, the club seem to think by removing it more people will sell back the club.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: October 11, 2019, 05:20:44 pm »
Our two season tickets are in my Dad’s name as he got them when I was only 5. How’s that going to work?

The main users now with your Dad's agreement will get them transferred into their names.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: October 11, 2019, 05:21:49 pm »

When I tested the system I deliberately did this - it needs a decent quality to work.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #989 on: October 11, 2019, 05:54:39 pm »
When I tested the system I deliberately did this - it needs a decent quality to work.
What do you suggest then Graham?

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #990 on: October 11, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »
I ran out of attempts so will have to wait for the club to contact me. Wasn't having much luck with screen shots so got my passport card scanned in town earlier.  Picture quality couldn't have been better but still wasn't accepted. Had to do something similar with betting companies a few years ago and never had an issues.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: October 11, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »
What do you suggest then Graham?

Get someone at home who has the original to do the update for you
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2019, 07:05:15 pm »
Can you get it emailed, might be a better resolution than on WhatsApp. I did my driving licence taken lengthways with my phone camera on a beige background and the flash off to prevent any glare or shadow and as close up as I could. Took 2 attempts to be accepted. I took the pic on my phone and then uploaded it rather than using the photo option within the LFC update app.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2019, 07:06:59 pm »
Members cards. I got them when it was an absolute lottery who would come with me so it was just easier if I controlled things. My friend did actually get one in his name, gleefully telling me in August of 2018 how he could buy the ticket on his card now. The card with zero European or league credits and almost no hope of getting any. Gave the club £26.99 for free though, and it also auto renewed at a further £26.99 this year with nothing on it!
Cheers for replying, it's interesting to hear people's stories on how they ended up in all these different scenarios! Some people are gonna end up feeling stitched up by all this I'm sure.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2019, 09:33:31 pm »
Anyone actually started the process of changing names. I’m really interested in how that works out.

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #995 on: October 11, 2019, 10:56:47 pm »
Not yet, I ended up doing it completely by accident last night when I just went on for a nosey!
Where do u find the link to try?
@bono1712

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2019, 11:18:22 pm »
No, they won't allow that.

Changing the name to my niece or other family members using the cards? I thought that was what it’s for to have the right name on the card who goes the majority of games and the friends and family system for the rest? May as well not bother changing it  them otherwise and not give the club a photo I.d., no way of knowing what anybody looks like without it.

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #997 on: October 12, 2019, 08:50:49 am »
Can Graham advise me on the following please, I have a members card in my name with all 19 & also have a Season ticket which was passed on to me 16 years ago in somebody else's name for which I can prove full purchase history. Members card was originally purchased to replace Fancard "the only card you'll ever nead" as I neaded a card in my name for Euro Aways. At the same time for 3 seasons I shared the season ticket with another lad & the members card enabled me to purchase tickets (pre bulk sale days) for games we both wanted to attend. I then took over full use of the season ticket but as I'd moved house I couldn't change the address for it, so decided to keep credits up by getting tickets for mates on members card in case something happened to season ticket or they sent out a new card so I could still go the match. As you can't have 2 cards in your name, my thoughts were firstly to transfer ownership of my members card to mate who uses it most & when they do season tickets hopefully change it in to my name. I don't do Euro Aways anymore so that's no longer an issue.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #998 on: October 12, 2019, 08:51:09 am »
Any idea on how they'll actually check that the person walking into the stadium is actually the named person on the card?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:47 am »
Can Graham advise me on the following please, I have a members card in my name with all 19 & also have a Season ticket which was passed on to me 16 years ago in somebody else's name for which I can prove full purchase history. Members card was originally purchased to replace Fancard "the only card you'll ever nead" as I neaded a card in my name for Euro Aways. At the same time for 3 seasons I shared the season ticket with another lad & the members card enabled me to purchase tickets (pre bulk sale days) for games we both wanted to attend. I then took over full use of the season ticket but as I'd moved house I couldn't change the address for it, so decided to keep credits up by getting tickets for mates on members card in case something happened to season ticket or they sent out a new card so I could still go the match. As you can't have 2 cards in your name, my thoughts were firstly to transfer ownership of my members card to mate who uses it most & when they do season tickets hopefully change it in to my name. I don't do Euro Aways anymore so that's no longer an issue.
[/quote

That is doable.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892