Author Topic: Japan/South Korea 2002  (Read 6351 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Japan/South Korea 2002
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:55:44 am »
The latest edition of the World Cup years was on five live last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nwtb1/5_live_Sport_The_World_Cup_Years_2002/

Looking back now, the only problem for me, as a lazy student at the time, was the England matches kicking off at 7:30 in the morning. Anyway other highlights included:

Roy Keane and Mick Mccarthy's huge falling out before the tournament even started.

The opening game of the tournament between holders France and Senegal, which at least kicked off at 12:30. Perfect. Unless you've got a three-hour exam that starts at 12:30. I have to tell you, there are few feelings more satisfying in this life than finishing an exam, going to the pub and discovering that the preening, arrogant French have been beaten in the World Cup by a tiny African country that no-one had heard of two months previously. Diouf, Diao, and Diop all made names for themselves and all consequently ended up in the Premier League with varying degrees of success.

Germany battering Saudi Arabia 8-0.

Rivaldo's hilarious extra-from-Platoon routine against Turkey.

France's dismal display and failure to score a single goal in the tournament.

Robbie Keane's dramatic last minute equaliser against Germany. Ireland missing four penalties in one match against Spain.

England versus Argentina. Or to put it another way, David Beckham versus Diego Simeone. Fair to say, I don't remember a huge amount about the game, or indeed the following 48 hours. All I do remember is Trevor Sinclair (yes him) playing on the left wing!

The success of the hosts Japan and particularly South Korea under Guus Hiddink. They proceeded to knock out Italy in the last 16 and Spain (extremely controversially) in the quarter finals. A number of dubious decisions in that game by the officials were the main talking point.

David Seaman being chipped, AGAIN.

And finally Brazil, the three R's, Ronaldinho, who became a worldwide star overnight, Rivaldo, who was exceptional with five goals in the tournament. However there was only one guy on everyone's lips after the tournament. It was the tournament of arguably the greatest striker the world has seen in the last 10-15 years, Ronaldo. Give what happened four years earlier in the final, it was
a great talent re-establishing himself as the pre-eminent exponent of the goalscorer's art and it was a privilege to watch a man release the shackles of four years of pain to play with such joy and freedom.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:01:45 pm by stmichael »

Offline sivapc

• Anny Roader
Re: Japan/South Korea 2002
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:57:48 am »
horrible wc, imo.. i was there for england-nigeria match (OMFG.. that was awful)

only brazil and turkey played some nice football.

awful final.. but was delighted for Didi Hamann. Germany really missed Ballack in the final.
Aquilani is the worst signing of all time. Fact

Offline Blamire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well, it worked in Sweden.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:08:40 pm »
Just watched the 1978 World Cup on ESPN, some cracking games and goals

Offline JoburgRed

• Anny Roader
  • Red forever
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:19:32 pm »
What a terrible WC.  Games at weird times, Portugal knocked out in the first round by South Korea, I was miserable for weeks.

Never forget the Joao Pinto punch to the ref's belly when he was sent off in that game though, he was so lucky it never got caught on tape.  Was that German team the worst to ever get to a final though - I think they beat Paraguay, USA and Turkey on the way there if I remeber correctly...
It's Gerrrraaaaaaarddddddddd......You beautyyyyy!

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:52:23 pm »
What a terrible WC.  Games at weird times, Portugal knocked out in the first round by South Korea, I was miserable for weeks.

Never forget the Joao Pinto punch to the ref's belly when he was sent off in that game though, he was so lucky it never got caught on tape.  Was that German team the worst to ever get to a final though - I think they beat Paraguay, USA and Turkey on the way there if I remeber correctly...
I don't think they even played Turkey. They played Cameroon, USA, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia and South Korea. That has to be the easiest draw they ever hoped for :)

And I agree, what a terrible world cup with all big guns out early. Only Brazil were good.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:55:56 pm by Xxavi »

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »
I don't think they even played Turkey. They played Cameroon, USA, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia and South Korea. That has to be the easiest draw they ever hoped for :)

AHEM!!! What about the one team Germany DIDN'T beat before the final??

I remember crying my eyes out when Matt Holland missed his penalty for Ireland, I didnt care about the others, their penalties were crap but Holland hit his so sweetly.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:00:18 pm »
shite world cup, the kick off times didnt help of course.
my love of international footy long gone by this world cup.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:03:05 pm »
Oliver Kahn, keeper of the tournament, breaking a finger in the final.

A 21 year old Casillas playing a blinder for Spain.

South Korea's Ahn Jung Hwan sacked for knocking Italy out.

Tsuneyasu Miyamoto's eye mask.

USA beating Mexico

Diao scoring an own goal, scoring the equaliser and getting sent off against Denmark.

Saudi Arabia's keeper dropping Duff's shot.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »
diaos goal when he started an finshed the move was top drawer.
south korea was it probably paying officials,  i know 1 official was  found to be dodgy.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:05:25 pm »
That Senegal v Uruguay 3-3 was an awesome, awesome encounter.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:09:58 pm »
Diouf looking like a superstar... *sigh*

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 04:13:27 pm »
Diouf looking like a superstar... *sigh*

Yes I believe in my World Cup 2002 scrapbook (that I never finished) that I identified him as Senegal's player of the tournament.

And of course how could I forget this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbGxT7nG60&feature=related

YNWA Rafa.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »
England-Brazil was one of the few games I missed, that was AS English exam day

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 04:23:37 pm »
All I do remember is Trevor Sinclair (yes him) playing on the left wing!

And Danny Mills playing right back.

And Pele calling Nicky Butt the best midfielder in the world.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 04:25:11 pm »
The thing I remember most prior to the World Cup is David Beckham's foot being plastered all over the tabloids.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline MaschHead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 04:55:32 pm »
I remember Kahn getting player of the tournament or so just before the final and then having a nightmare of a game in the final and being at fault at at least one of the goals ;D

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 04:59:48 pm »
Ah, The 2002 borefest....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 05:17:57 pm »
I remember Kahn getting player of the tournament or so just before the final and then having a nightmare of a game in the final and being at fault at at least one of the goals ;D

He didnt get player of the tournament, only the Lev Yashin award for best keeper.

Which he was. Before the final, the only player who'd scored past him in the entire tournament was Robbie Keane.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »
He didnt get player of the tournament, only the Lev Yashin award for best keeper.

Which he was. Before the final, the only player who'd scored past him in the entire tournament was Robbie Keane.

Fucking hell he must have been shite then.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 05:31:57 pm »
Fucking hell he must have been shite then.

That was a damn good goal from Robbie, he was almost doubled over the ball before his shot.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 07:36:41 pm »
I actually remember more from France 98 than 2002. Poor tournament.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline gwto

• Main Stander
  • "Game Well and Truly Over, and I hate saying that"
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:18 pm »
A generally forgettable tournament. The best thing to come out of it was this photo  ;D:

But the World Cup years series on 5Live has been excellent. It was really interesting hearing Graham Taylor on the panel for the World Cup '94 episode, talking about how he ignored the entire competition after England failed to qualify.

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:19 pm »
It was the first world cup i watched thats when I got into football properly. I was about 10.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
South Korea's Ahn Jung Hwan, ahh what a player that was.

My favourite player for the whole tournament.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 10:50:11 pm »
My first World Cup I remember properly, England coming out of a very hard group then battering Denmark but then so very very ordinary against Brazil (of course Seamon being lobbed along the way!). I remember having the morning off (primary - Year 6) school and being allowed to watch England games at home although during the Nigeria shitefest me and a mate just played Tony Hawks Pro Skater haha :D

Senegal and South Korea were fantastic and I'll never forget Ahn Jung Hwan and his header against Italy, Ronaldo's redemption and Brazil being the only decent team in it really capped it all off. Good times!

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 11:02:10 pm »
I remember being in year 8 and watching the Brazil at school, lessons were cancelled in the morning and everything. There were some beautiful kits in that tournament, and I still think it was better than the last WC.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 12:29:42 am »
I always remember watching France losing to Senegal. After seeing Senegal's leading forward go offside for the upteenth time, I thought to myself, "I hope we ever don't buy that Diouf"  :-X

Ahn's goal against Italy to knock them out was another memorable moment, especially after Perugia tried to sack him following the tournament.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 12:32:01 am »
I think my main underlying memory is being completely oblivious to anything going on outside as I watched the opening ceremony.

And refusing to go to Mass because I wanted to see ET and pens in Ireland-Spain.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 12:43:50 am »
Hamann made a schoolboy mistake in that final v. Brasil.
Ballack was also missed.

I remember being impressed in the difference in reaction between Ballack and Gazza.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline rattusdei

• Kopite
  • Look at his face and RAGE. RAGE I say!
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 04:37:26 am »
Diouf... AAAARGHHHHHHHHHH

Was so happy when he came here.

Offline sivapc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 05:08:09 am »
Hasan Sas was my hero during the tourney.. just came out of nowhere and was easily trukey's best player.
Aquilani is the worst signing of all time. Fact

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 05:31:40 am »

jeffiner it is not like you to get your facts wrong, but on this one you are wrong - I thought Khan was player of the tourny too, so I checked and he was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 01:02:10 pm »
That Senegal v Uruguay 3-3 was an awesome, awesome encounter.

senegal were 3-0 up in that game aswell. i just remember forlan scoring a cracking volley.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 02:17:24 pm »
jeffiner it is not like you to get your facts wrong, but on this one you are wrong - I thought Khan was player of the tourny too, so I checked and he was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards

I wouldnt trust that, its got a different Bronze ball winner to who it was...

YNWA Rafa.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2021, 01:51:54 am »
Brazil's matches from the 2002 World Cup...

Wikipedia Page for Brazil at the 2002 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_at_the_2002_FIFA_World_Cup

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/archive - and then select 'Archive', then 'World Cup', then which World Cup you'd like to see video footage of... (highlights or full match replays etc)

Group Stage, Brazil's 1st match : Brasil 2 - 1 Turkey : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6YoazruGtOE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6YoazruGtOE</a>

Group Stage, Brazil's 2nd match : Brasil 4 - 0 China : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_qP3Uo8q0j4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_qP3Uo8q0j4</a>

Group Stage, Brazil's 3rd match : Brasil 5 - 2 Costa Rica : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5Axwy_9qVLE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5Axwy_9qVLE</a>

Knockout Stage: Last 16, Brazil's 4th match : Brasil 2 - 0 Belgium : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bkgz57BN7V4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bkgz57BN7V4</a>

Knockout Stage: Quarter-Final, Brazil's 5th match : Brasil 2 - 1 England : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iG_Gwy-e700" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iG_Gwy-e700</a>

Knockout Stage: Quarter-Final, Brazil's 5th match : Brasil 2 - 1 England : 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g9gNmSfqrig" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g9gNmSfqrig</a>

Knockout Stage: Semi-Final, Brazil's 6th match : Brasil 1 - 0 Turkey : 8 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SUasH3IRq28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SUasH3IRq28</a>

Knockout Stage: The World Cup Final, Brazil's 7th match : Brasil 2 - 0 Germany : 14 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FsLUU64X0EQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FsLUU64X0EQ</a>

'2002 World Cup Final : Brazil vs Germany - Full Match Replay':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NUhOBQejuPE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NUhOBQejuPE</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/NUhOBQejuPE

'All of Brazil's 2002 World Cup Goals' (11 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kO-zU8nGza8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kO-zU8nGza8</a>

'All of Brazil's 2002 World Cup Goals':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vLmSZrMJ4us" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vLmSZrMJ4us</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/vLmSZrMJ4us

'BRAZIL ● Road to the FIFA World Cup Final - 2002':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CQMQXbyfeRE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CQMQXbyfeRE</a>

'Brazil... Road to final 2002 World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YsF0kbXB9KI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YsF0kbXB9KI</a>

'Brazil 🇧🇷🏆 World Cup 2002 Champions':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EA4brrP24-o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EA4brrP24-o</a>

'The Original Ronaldo | O Fenômeno | FIFA World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jEwkMblPhhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jEwkMblPhhc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/jEwkMblPhhc

'Ronaldo Brazil World Cup 2002 Story & Highlights':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rBK38qzBq6I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rBK38qzBq6I</a>

'Ronaldo's Redemption | 2002 World Cup documentary':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZN99b8SJYI8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZN99b8SJYI8</a>

'Best of Ronaldinho | Korea/Japan 2002 | FIFA World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k5P8JqCVRFU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k5P8JqCVRFU</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/k5P8JqCVRFU

'Cafu: I'm proud to be Brazil's most capped player':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d2PyDlE6YW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d2PyDlE6YW0</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/d2PyDlE6YW0

'Gilberto | One to Eleven | FIFA World Cup Film':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drkKCf1ubjU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drkKCf1ubjU</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/drkKCf1ubjU

'Rivaldo's comedy dive in 2002' (clutching his face - after being hit with the ball in the body / arms, vs Turkey):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HMHZusksnXk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HMHZusksnXk</a>

Wikipedia Page for Brazil at the 2002 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_at_the_2002_FIFA_World_Cup

'Behind the World Cup record: Cafu' - https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/behind-the-world-cup-record-cafu-2878937

'Brazilian legend Ronaldo recalls the 2002 World Cup Final' - https://squaremile.com/sport/ronaldo-brazil-world-cup-2002

'Where are they now? Brazil’s XI that won the 2002 World Cup' - https://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/now-brazils-xi-beat-england-2002-world-cup

BBC 2002 WC Final Match Report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/matches_wallchart/germany_v_brazil/newsid_2067000/2067939.stm

FIFA official youtube channel Playlist for the 2002 World Cup - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGIzmTE4d0hYvmi4p1bfGJ_a1JIL9RB8

FIFA's Archive Website for the 2002 World Cup - https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/koreajapan2002

ESPN 2002 World Cup Site - https://www.espn.co.uk/football/news/story/_/id/1834597/2002

Wikipedia Page for the 2002 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup

RAWK's 'Spain 82' (Brazil at 1982 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254153.msg15527353#msg15527353

RAWK's 'Mexico 86' (Brazil at 1986 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253812.msg17618061#msg17618061

RAWK's 'Italy 90' (Brazil at 1990 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249256.msg17628353#msg17628353

RAWK's 'USA 94' (Brazil at 1994 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249814.msg17629538#msg17629538

RAWK's 'France 98' (Brazil at 1998 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=248571.msg17634054#msg17634054

RAWK's 'Japan / Korea 02' (Brazil at 2002 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250045.msg17634141#msg17634141

RAWK's 'Germany 06' (Brazil at 2006 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250691.msg17678099#msg17678099

RAWK's 'South Africa 10' (Brazil at 2010 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250594.msg18415353#msg18415353

RAWK's 'Brazil 14' (Brazil at 2014 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315133.msg18415373#msg18415373

RAWK's 'Russia 18' (Brazil at 2018 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg18417424#msg18417424

RAWK's Socrates thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279970.msg15732805#msg15732805

RAWK's 'Pele - A reminder of Greatness' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303945.0

RAWK's 'Brazil 1970 - The best International side ever?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=237937.msg17602031#msg17602031

RAWK's 'Brazil - Are they all they're cracked up to be?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg1899189

RAWK's 'Greatest World Cup Moments' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250295.msg17489735#msg17489735

RAWK's 'Your favourite World Cup goal' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314103.0

FIFA's official youtube playlist for 'Brazil's Greatest 100 World Cup Goals' - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGIzmTE4d0gX9KR7I4-sr2O6PtwMi_vE

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:26:19 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2021, 01:57:25 am »
oojason I wouldn't be surprised if you had full-length highlights and key moments from the NASA rover landing in Mars.  ;D

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 02:01:13 am »
oojason I wouldn't be surprised if you had full-length highlights and key moments from the NASA rover landing in Mars.  ;D

Two seconds... ;)

Behind the scenes footage (rare!):-

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:02:58 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 06:53:53 am »
Awful WC, kickoff times 6.30am, dodgy referring too South Korea were lucky they got as far as they did, that ridiculous red card for the Turkish player against Brazil in the group match
#Sausages

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 05:29:54 pm »
This one and South Africa WC are one of the worst one's imo.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 06:30:37 pm »
Was doing my GSCE’s when this was going on,

Just remember watching England vs Nigeria at 6am and then being allowed to watch England vs Brazil in the school sports hall ahead of my Maths exam,

I’m all for sharing it around the globe, it is the World Cup after all but having games at that time was pretty shite