Author Topic: Arsene Wenger: Selective myopia  (Read 35403 times)

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
Arsene Wenger: Selective myopia
« on: April 9, 2008, 12:12:23 am »
Great coach, produces good teams who are very good to watch.

Also an excellent judge of a young player-he's generally been very good for English football.

BUT, the man is a classless prick who's breathtaking hypocricy is only exceeded by his lack of grace in defeat.

How many times "Doesnt he see" an incident when one of his players commits a dreadful foul, or dives to con the ref etc etc.

Yet as soon as a decision isnt to his liking, he develops 3d bionic fucking hypervision and is able to tell you why it was/wasnt a pen. And Sky/Granada let him get away with it. :wanker

I'll just quote Aldo's class comments after the game tonight: "Bye bye Wenger, that was for 1989. That was for Arsenal hurting me and hurting our fans, and rubbing our noses in it, Out you go!" ;D

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Arsene Wenger: Selective myopia
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
Fuck him. Well not literally. I dont mean go and chop off his ma's head and wear it as a trophy whilst ya sliding it up his caburys avenue
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2008, 12:13:47 am »

I'll just quote Aldo's class comments after the game tonight: "Bye bye Wenger, that was for 1989. That was for Arsenal hurting me and hurting our fans, and rubbing our noses in it, Out you go!" ;D

absolutely class, was that on City?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2008, 12:13:51 am »
Too much adrenaline around my body to be arsed about Wenger to be honest. Laughed at his gift comment.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2008, 12:15:09 am »
Looked so miserable ;D

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2008, 12:15:27 am »
"Bye bye Wenger, that was for 1989. That was for Arsenal hurting me and hurting our fans, and rubbing our noses in it, Out you go!" ;D

Aldo's a legend!  That quote is fantastic.   :lmao
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2008, 12:16:39 am »
absolutely class, was that on City?

Yep mate. I watched the game in the First Nash with me lad, and on the way home we listened to City. He had a right rant, it was fantastic ;D

If you can, try and listen to it online-well worth it.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2008, 12:16:46 am »
Great coach, produces good teams who are very good to watch.

Also an excellent judge of a young player-he's generally been very good for English football.

BUT, the man is a classless prick who's breathtaking hypocricy is only exceeded by his lack of grace in defeat.

How many times "Doesnt he see" an incident when one of his players commits a dreadful foul, or dives to con the ref etc etc.

Yet as soon as a decision isnt to his liking, he develops 3d bionic fucking hypervision and is able to tell you why it was/wasnt a pen. And Sky/Granada let him get away with it. :wanker

did Aldo say that?!!! hahahahaha!! Fuxking love Aldo, what a legend
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline kevindublin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2008, 12:17:38 am »
Wenger is a tit, Ive though so for years.

Since we reached the final in IStanbul and he compared us to Millwall getting to the FA cup final.

Wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2008, 12:19:22 am »
Wenger is a tit, Ive though so for years.

Since we reached the final in IStanbul and he compared us to Millwall getting to the FA cup final.

Wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its funny that, isnt it? When we won it, he derided it as a "cup" competition. Makes you wonder why he's got such a titty lip on him if its such a shite competition........

Offline OzAndy_Red

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2008, 12:22:07 am »
Just watched his post match interview with SSN online and it was like watchin a child through a tantrem. Seriously Wenger grow up! He was still complaining about last week's penalty not being awarded and then he claims that tonight's was injust. How bout the fact that your players simply did not take their chances Arsene? Adeybayor missed a gilt edged one this evening, we took ours...end of. Bit of gratitude would go a long way. Very disappointing.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2008, 12:33:37 am by OzAndy_Red »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2008, 12:22:55 am »
Always despised Wenger for acting this way, didn't let me down tonight. Never forget his post-Istanbul comments, the dig at us being "lucky". Mourinho was merely the new Wenger when it came to graceless defeat. The Frenchman will not change his comments tomorrow, he's a bitter bitter man. And all to cover the fact he's failed once again despite his *girly snigger* "pretty" football and getting constant tugs in the media for being a "genius".

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2008, 12:24:38 am »
I'm surprsied it's taken some people this long to realise what an obnoxious prick Wenger is.

Offline LFCsnoopz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2008, 12:26:42 am »
fucking had my head in my hands whilst looking out through my fingers at that adebeyor c*nts dance and then the bundle, then to see their fans all cheering..

then to see them all crying was fucking epic, and adebeyor (sp) probably feels like a right c*nt now.

also funny how a near identical tackle was a "stone-wall penalty" 6 days ago, now he basically calls us cheats (excuse the spelling if i get stuff wrong, been up for 25 hours straight now)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2008, 12:29:17 am by LFCsnoopz »

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2008, 12:28:19 am »
I'm surprsied it's taken some people this long to realise what an obnoxious prick Wenger is.

I've always thought he lacked class. How old do you have to be to realise you can be magnanimous in defeat? There is obviously an agenda behind his comments. Whether he feels that he can influence referees, or give his young team a sense of injustice to spur them on, or take pressure off of his ineptitude, I am not sure.
However it is not normal for a man of 50 to act like a spoilt teenager, there must be some reason behind it, I am just not sure what it is.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2008, 12:36:51 am by Dodgydon »
It is most odd.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 9, 2008, 12:28:39 am »
fucking had my head in my hands whilst looking out through my fingers at that adebeyor c*nts dance and then the bundle, then to see their fans all cheering..

then to see them all crying was fucking epic, and adebeyor (sp) probably feels like a right c*nt now.
I'll tell you who else has been quietly getting right on my fucking tits for a while now and that's Pat Rice. Loved his reaction to the pen!

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2008, 12:29:28 am »
why bothered abotu them c*nts, we're through fuck them

Offline LFCsnoopz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2008, 12:31:01 am »
also well done for the guys that went to the game, sounded and looked great and i didn't hear anything during the minute silence either, i guess TV channels can turn off mics that are around the crowd though so there was probably a couple of idiots lurking

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2008, 12:32:01 am »
I've always though he lacked class. How old do you have to be to realise you can be magnanimous in defeat? There is obviously an agenda behind his comments. Whether he feels that he can influence referees or give his young team a sense of injustice to spur them on or something I am not sure.
However it is not normal for a man of 50 to act like a spoilt teenager, there must be some reason behind it, I am just not sure at what it is.

I wanted Arsenal to beat Barca in the final in 2006 well actually that's a lie but I wouldn't have been that arsed if they had because I liked Henry, then after I heard his and Wengers aftermatch unwarranted bitterness I was made up they lost.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2008, 12:32:20 am »
I'll tell you who else has been quietly getting right on my fucking tits for a while now and that's Pat Rice. Loved his reaction to the pen!

What you and Pat do in your spare time is, of course, your own business....

..... 2 words of warning though: Graham, and Rix........

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2008, 12:33:21 am »

What you and Pat do in your spare time is, of course, your own business....

..... 2 words of warning though: Graham, and Rix........
;D

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2008, 12:36:22 am »
I wanted Arsenal to beat Barca in the final in 2006 well actually that's a lie but I wouldn't have been that arsed if they had because I liked Henry, then after I heard his and Wengers aftermatch unwarranted bitterness I was made up they lost.

He's always bitter when they lose. Remember the reaction to Pardew when he celebrated a last minute win, or when he squared up to Jol (unwise) when Spurs scored against them.

The thing is I can understand getting carried away in the heat of the moment but to me he seems to have an agenda where he cannot admit to being justifiably beaten. Whether there is something lacking in his personality (perhaps he is a born winner) or whether he has a hidden agenda, I am not sure.

One thing I am sure of though is that he is a hideous, classless c*nt, who does the image of AFC no favours.
It is most odd.

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2008, 12:39:22 am »
Have just heard Wenger's post match interview.

Piss off you classless Prick
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 9, 2008, 12:41:19 am »
Have just heard Wenger's post match interview.

Piss off you classless Prick
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline LFCsnoopz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 9, 2008, 12:56:50 am »
funny, that was a "stone-wall" penalty 6 days ago and now it's a gift.

self contradicting c*nt.

Offline Redd Foxx

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • It's the big one!
    • Herzog & Young - San Diego Attorneys
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2008, 01:00:20 am »
Wenger also unveiled Arsenal's 3rd kit for next season:

[img width= height= alt=bitters]http://www.football-england.com/images/everton_home.jpg[/img]

Should suit them nicely    ;D
Son, if you don't shut your lip, you're gonna feel my shoe size.

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #26 on: April 9, 2008, 01:41:39 am »

I'm fucking having that. Aldo = Even more of a legend than I thought he could be.
......and could he play!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #27 on: April 9, 2008, 01:43:48 am »
GOOD MANAGER. SHITE AMBITION.

For all that Peter Pan football, it hasn't got Arsenal no where.

That's it from I'm catching kip.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #28 on: April 9, 2008, 01:45:23 am »
Arsene who?
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29 on: April 9, 2008, 01:49:54 am »

Pat Rice reminds me of an old doting wife, who just sits there listening to her whinging husband moaning about how everything goes against him at work.

Offline Goon49er

• Kemlynite
  • It's up for grabs now!
« Reply #30 on: April 9, 2008, 01:59:29 am »
It was never a penalty. Robbery is an understatement.

You were given a footballing lesson over two legs yet the luck of the gods shine bright on you.

Two disgraceful decisions have directly influenced the result.

I said I would post win or lose. Just keeping my word.
P38 L0

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 9, 2008, 02:08:37 am »

You were given a footballing lesson over two legs yet the luck of the gods shine bright on you.

A footballing lesson??? If we're talking about lessons maybe you should give Adebayor a shooting lesson, if he'd have scored that sitter it could have been a different story. Talk about the referee all you like, and it appears to be an arse hobby, but the fact is you didn't take your chances and we did. Now go beat man u at the weekend to cheer yourself up!!

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #32 on: April 9, 2008, 02:11:02 am »

Bye - pick up some class on the way out ... you wont find it by the piss-stained old twat  with the dodgy eyesight  and accent
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: April 9, 2008, 02:13:07 am »

Nothing to do with the 4 goals we scored tonight then?  Hmmm funny that.  Arsenal players/manager/fans all classless c*nts.

Offline OzAndy_Red

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #34 on: April 9, 2008, 02:13:55 am »
A footballing lesson??? If we're talking about lessons maybe you should give Adebayor a shooting lesson, if he'd have scored that sitter it could have been a different story. Talk about the referee all you like, and it appears to be an arse hobby, but the fact is you didn't take your chances and we did. Now go beat man u at the weekend to cheer yourself up!!

Footballing lesson? Bitch all you like, you didn't score the goals when it counted and we did. You may have dominated at Emirates and the first 20mins of last night but you simply did not score. Is it impossible to lose with any fuckin grace? Get real!

Offline Goon49er

• Kemlynite
  • It's up for grabs now!
« Reply #35 on: April 9, 2008, 02:19:21 am »
Grace? Are you fucking serious?

We were robbed, plain and simple. It was a fucking dive. The fourth goal is irrelevant because we're never that exposed if it's 2-2.

You are the luckiest team i've ever seen. That's a good thing, i think.

Just pray it doesn't run out. Like ours did. :(
P38 L0

Offline Goon49er

• Kemlynite
  • It's up for grabs now!
« Reply #36 on: April 9, 2008, 02:22:05 am »
Nothing to do with the 4 goals we scored tonight then?  Hmmm funny that.  Arsenal players/manager/fans all classless c*nts.

at 2-2 we were heading through. Then the joke penalty which got your winner, the fourth goal is irrelevant as it would never have been conceeded at 2 each. You know this.
P38 L0

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #37 on: April 9, 2008, 02:23:17 am »
Grace? Are you fucking serious?

We were robbed, plain and simple. It was a fucking dive. The fourth goal is irrelevant because we're never that exposed if it's 2-2.

You are the luckiest team i've ever seen. That's a good thing, i think.

Just pray it doesn't run out. Like ours did. :(
:lmao

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 9, 2008, 02:23:31 am »
at 2-2 we were heading through. Then the joke penalty which got your winner, the fourth goal is irrelevant as it would never have been conceeded at 2 each. You know this.

Where's yer Euro, Where's yer Euro, Where's yer European Cup?

:wave

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #39 on: April 9, 2008, 02:26:37 am »
You think thats bad, listen to this gunner fan...  :butt

This idea that it is 'bad luck' is wrong. This isn't bad luck. This is corruption.

1 mistake. Bad.

1 mistake then a gift. Karma.

3 mistakes. Unbelievable

8 mistakes in a short period of games with none of the same magnitude the other way? Beyond unlikely/unlucky.

If it is a MISTAKE...... quite literally ALL of them mistakes... then it shows DIRE incompetence...

The thing is this. The chance of a run like this, is ridiculous. If it's luck... then for 8 mistakes out of 8 unfair mistakes to go our way and it's 50/50... 1 in 256 chance. For that many to happen in that period of time? Ridiculous.

If there is short term karma, we'd beat United, and then United would get screwed against some low levelled team, as would Chelsea.

We should STILL be top. We've deserved to draw the Chelsea, and Aston Villa matches... The rest are a joke.

It's too many. Three penalty decisions go Liverpool's way in three matches, 3 decisions to Birmingham, a decision to Middlesbrough, Didier Drogba onside when he's miles off... etc. etc.

Then there is the UEFA draw being fixed.. UEFA are liars. It's blatant. The chance of getting it right is low. The chance of saying it's been leaked and it being the only post of it's kind and that one being correct? Nigh on impossible.

It should have been drawn again regardless. For one, the draw itself seems uncannily perfect.

It simply seems to many to be coincidental. That's my problem. If it is a coincidence, it's a ridiculous wealth of bad luck (INSANELY BAD), and incompetence.

Either way, it's unacceptable.. and this is why I find getting really into football difficult... the results are ... iffy. We were ruined in the CL Final by two highly controversial decisions, but ultimately I felt OK with that result... but this? This is on a new level.

Any one who calls themselves an Arsenal fan who believes we didn't deserve to win the aggregate legs in the UEFA Semi Final, is not recognized by me to be one... There are huge amounts of problems with are team.. but ultimately we keep seeming to technically pull all the goods out... We all say that we bottle it.. but frankly, we still get it close enough to have deserved every single one except maybe the Villa and Chelsea matches (Chelsea we deserved the draw).

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36481&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1380