Author Topic: Chester Zoo  (Read 18903 times)

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
Chester Zoo
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »
My girlfriend keeps banging on about going to a zoo so thought i'd take her to the Chester one, just had a look on their site and it's £22 each!? Seems well expensive to me really, anyone know of any deals or anything? Or have you been and is it worth it!?

Cheers

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Chester Zoo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:30 pm »
My girlfriend keeps banging on about going to a zoo so thought i'd take her to the Chester one, just had a look on their site and it's £22 each!? Seems well expensive to me really, anyone know of any deals or anything? Or have you been and is it worth it!?

Cheers

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 05:06:14 pm »
Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Booked, thank you.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:12:02 pm »
hahhahahahahahahaaha quality thread
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »
Chester Zoo is boss, you can spend hours there. Make sure you go inside the bat cave!

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »
Check for discounts available, I know we get NHS discount as my missus works for them but I'm not sure who else they offer discount to

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »
may seem a bit steep but it is a fun day out
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »
Went the local TIC and got good discount  on  2 adults 2 kids.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:08:56 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, planning on going in June so if anyone hears of any discounts being offered between now and then i'd appreciate it if you could let me know, thanks a lot  :)

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 08:12:44 pm »
:D made me laugh that.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 08:17:10 pm »
:D made me laugh that.

Wait til you hear what the male ones were doing...

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »
I can confirm that you are able to buy a pint in one place ,it's like a pub type place that does food, not sure on the name though.

I mention this because you will need a pint after being bored for hours on end, unless you get to see what Nick saw, but that ain't going to last long I'd imagine.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »

:lmao :lmao

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 08:21:29 am »
I remember taking a new girlfriend there once. I got to see Rhino's do the 4play and then mount another rhino, watched it for hours. Needless to say the girlfriend couldn't walk for days after taking that thing.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 09:18:48 am »
It does seem a bit steep but it is a great day out.

To put the price in a bit of context I paid £34 for two cinema tickets last week so when you compare it to that it's a bargain.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 09:32:37 am »
My missus is properly into her wildlife programmes and the like and had never been to Chester Zoo. So took her there and she loved it. She's actually planning our wedding do to be there so, yeah. Easily spend the whole day there. As we go in from Manchester but I know Chester really well, we spend the evening in Chester before heading home. If zoos are your thing, £22 for a day wandering round Chester Zoo isn't too bad at all. Even if you take their tram/railway thing, you'll end up doing a fair bit of walking to see everything though. We try to avoid school holidays (incredibly busy), and we've been to some of the night events there and really enjoyed them. The keeper talks about the animals are worth a listen so if they sound interesting you can use them to plan around a bit. Watching the lions leap vertically up a wall of that size to get dinner is pretty impressive, and getting the bass effect of a roar beating on your chest from a few feet away is an incredible feeling.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:36 am »
My missus is properly into her wildlife programmes and the like and had never been to Chester Zoo. So took her there and she loved it. She's actually planning our wedding do to be there so, yeah. Easily spend the whole day there. As we go in from Manchester but I know Chester really well, we spend the evening in Chester before heading home. If zoos are your thing, £22 for a day wandering round Chester Zoo isn't too bad at all. Even if you take their tram/railway thing, you'll end up doing a fair bit of walking to see everything though. We try to avoid school holidays (incredibly busy), and we've been to some of the night events there and really enjoyed them. The keeper talks about the animals are worth a listen so if they sound interesting you can use them to plan around a bit. Watching the lions leap vertically up a wall of that size to get dinner is pretty impressive, and getting the bass effect of a roar beating on your chest from a few feet away is an incredible feeling.
Not all flat either so wear comfy shoes!

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:25 am »
Wait til you hear what the male ones were doing...
missed this :D

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
I haven't been since I was a kid.  I'm not overly keen on zoos as my abiding memories are of bored looking animals feeling a bit sorry for themselves.  I feel strongly that animals should be in their natural habitat.  However, I'm not blind to the conservational and educational advantages of zoos.

I think I'd like to go as I love animals. 

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 09:16:48 pm »
Only very slightly off topic but anyone been to Knowsley safari park ?

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 09:42:02 pm »
Only very slightly off topic but anyone been to Knowsley safari park ?

Yes last week. Got 25% discount by booking online for my wife and I; baby was free. Spent 4 hours there and was great value for money. Cost £24 for the three of us.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 09:47:36 pm »
Had a free ticket last year cos my Mum had been working there and turned it down, regretting it now. 

A certain Man United striker was there once apparently and was acting a tit apparently, unsurprisingly.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:30 pm »
Chester zoo is an excellent day out, excellent variety of animals on show. Mind you it would be shite on a rainy day, so you got to pick it right

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:48 pm »
Chester Zoo is ace, a great day out. Didn't realise it had got so pricey but probably still worth it as you can spend hours there.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:03 pm »
Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees.

A certain Man United striker was there once apparently and was acting a tit apparently, unsurprisingly.

Told you.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 10:38:59 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »
I went last year, hadn't been since I was about 14 or so, have to say I really enjoyed it! Yes it's a bit dear to get in but we were there for hours, saw almost everything and walked round all of it, never got on the monorail thing once. Nice just to stroll from bit to bit then go "oh wow look at that!"  We went when the kids were at school and it was pretty empty :)

If you know anyone in the Civil Service who is in the Civil Service Sports and Social Cub, you might be able to get discounted tickets that way (don't quote me on that, it might not be on offer any more)

If you're going to drive from Liverpool, it's a piece of piss, straight out of the Birkenhead tunnel and A41 all the way. Think you can also get a combined rail/entrance ticket if you'd rather get the train.
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #27 on: May 2, 2014, 03:35:53 pm »
I can't stand zoos myself so stick a Richard Attenbrough video on.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »
I can't stand zoos myself so stick a Richard Attenbrough video on.

Gandhi is a classic.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 09:40:42 pm »
All booked for the 17th June.... Nick, fingers crossed I'll sort you a few action pics

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 10:43:25 pm »
Take your own food and drink or spend a load in jubilee cafe. Enjoy the wasps if you picnic near a bin      :wave
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:53 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 03:02:55 pm »
Gandhi is a classic.

Made one great film & you never seen him again. ;)
#Sausages

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 08:22:09 pm »
A bat pissed on me last time I went there.....

My children found it the best bit of the whole day.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 11:58:35 pm »
Made one great film & you never seen him again. ;)
His flip flop lives on in every hangover.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #35 on: June 1, 2014, 11:09:08 pm »

Any specific times or are they at it all day?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #36 on: June 6, 2014, 12:53:43 am »
Chester Zoo was boss when I went last year.

Better than Prague Zoo, fuck me that was depressing. Empty displays and animals looking real glum.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #37 on: June 6, 2014, 11:40:07 am »
Chester Zoo is great - went the other day - and it looks to be even better next year
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #38 on: June 7, 2014, 07:56:48 pm »

:lmao

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 10:18:42 am »
We did go and had a decent time, although there weren't actually that many animals and a fair few empty spaces... still good for a morning out though