Author Topic: BT Broadband  (Read 10311 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: BT Broadband
« Reply #80 on: November 4, 2022, 07:38:38 pm »
Just having a look at my broadband package, i'm getting 40mb download speed, for which i'm now spending £42.24 a month ::) contract runs out 28th January, so i'm definitely looking at switching.
I think if you are within the final three months of your contract you can ring BT and see if they are able to offer you anything, they should be able to offer you a much better deal than that
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 5, 2022, 06:05:40 pm »
Just having a look at my broadband package, i'm getting 40mb download speed, for which i'm now spending £42.24 a month ::) contract runs out 28th January, so i'm definitely looking at switching.

You're well overpaying!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 6, 2022, 10:50:54 am »
BT's broadband pricing is getting very weird, mum uses them and hers was up for renewal, their quote for her renewal had 900mb service only £3 more than the 150mb one, and had 12 months of XBox Game Pass ultimate free (I'll be grabbing that thanks!)

Have you seen that in writing? Just asking because I know traditionally BT tend to give you a whopping discount for the first 3-6 months then full whack after that.

Just looked as a new customer and 900mb is £27.49 for 5 months then £54.99 after that on a 24 month contract.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 10:53:35 am by Graeme »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #83 on: November 6, 2022, 11:50:36 am »
You're well overpaying!

I know, which is why i'm looking at switching to plusnet, unlimited fibre 35-40mb for £23.99 a month for 18 months, seems i can't get the unlimited fibre extra package though.

I'm looking at virgin media too, £65 a month which includes broadband & the sports TV package, but i see they're awful to deal with [such as getting though to them] when you have any issues, which slightly puts me off them.
#Sausages

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #84 on: November 6, 2022, 01:55:54 pm »
Have you seen that in writing? Just asking because I know traditionally BT tend to give you a whopping discount for the first 3-6 months then full whack after that.

Just looked as a new customer and 900mb is £27.49 for 5 months then £54.99 after that on a 24 month contract.

She's an existing customer, no mention of any time limited period, I did scan through, as BT are pretty good at burying the introductory offer in the small print.

That said she was paying quite a lot for the 150 to start with (doesn't help that she does need a landline)
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 02:00:16 pm by filopastry »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #85 on: December 6, 2022, 01:47:08 am »
Right after all that, i had an offer.

Smart hub 2 [currently have home hub 5, type a, router] with complete wifi,
Double mobile data at no extra cost,

So it's still £42.24 a month, which is what i'm paying now, with extra 30gb mobile data thrown in.

#Sausages

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 6, 2022, 07:46:31 am »
Just as an indicator for anyone else thinking about BT, I was paying about £32/month until about Aug/September when I renewed and they brought it down to £25.99/month.
I think I'd received a letter a few months earlier offering £24.99 but I took my time renewing and was told it was not available when I eventually did. I was pretty pleased with the £25.99 though.

This is the deal:-
Fibre 2
High-speed fibre broadband.
Unlimited usage
Free access to 5 million BT Wi-fi hotspots
BT Web Protect, BT Virus Protect and BT Parental Controls included
Dedicated UK and Ireland-based support
Your speeds explained - Normal available speeds
Your normal available download speed will be between 37-56 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 10-17 Mbps
Minimum guaranteed download speed
Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 32 Mbps
I was told the land line was free but looking in to it just now it seems its pay-per-use at 20p / minute outgoing - which will never be used.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #87 on: December 6, 2022, 04:39:52 pm »
Sounds about right.  The quoted speed depends on your line but would imagine its the 80/20 package in effect.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #88 on: December 6, 2022, 07:09:48 pm »
Just as an indicator for anyone else thinking about BT, I was paying about £32/month until about Aug/September when I renewed and they brought it down to £25.99/month.
I think I'd received a letter a few months earlier offering £24.99 but I took my time renewing and was told it was not available when I eventually did. I was pretty pleased with the £25.99 though.

This is the deal:-
Fibre 2
High-speed fibre broadband.
Unlimited usage
Free access to 5 million BT Wi-fi hotspots
BT Web Protect, BT Virus Protect and BT Parental Controls included
Dedicated UK and Ireland-based support
Your speeds explained - Normal available speeds
Your normal available download speed will be between 37-56 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 10-17 Mbps
Minimum guaranteed download speed
Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 32 Mbps
I was told the land line was free but looking in to it just now it seems its pay-per-use at 20p / minute outgoing - which will never be used.
So I willl need the next speed up..

So £33 sounds fair.

So why have they got me paying £60 right now!!?

Charlatans!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 6, 2022, 09:24:51 pm »
I've no idea Tep mate, mine is standard broadband. BT sports is via Sky.

When I was paying about £32 a couple of years ago I kicked a fuss up and they wouldn't reduce it. This time they were extremely obliging.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #90 on: December 7, 2022, 01:06:39 am »
So I willl need the next speed up..

So £33 sounds fair.

So why have they got me paying £60 right now!!?

Charlatans!

No. The speed John quoted is based on the expected performance of his line and what it is likely to sync at. You are paying £60 because that's their business model and will have signed up to a package that was cheap in the first year going up to some silly amount after that and never phoned them to say piss off when you were out of contract.

Tell them aren't paying more than 25.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #91 on: December 7, 2022, 07:19:58 am »
No. The speed John quoted is based on the expected performance of his line and what it is likely to sync at. You are paying £60 because that's their business model and will have signed up to a package that was cheap in the first year going up to some silly amount after that and never phoned them to say piss off when you were out of contract.

Tell them aren't paying more than 25.
Perfect!

They are f’ing thieves…I tell you
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #92 on: March 1, 2023, 01:44:42 pm »
My broadband is going up by £12 per month, definitely switching when my contract ends in September!

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #93 on: March 1, 2023, 08:40:16 pm »
I need a second connection for work and gaming.

Doesn't have to be BT, any good fibre will do.

Is it even possible to get another BT connection without additional cabling? I already have one. Paying 33 per month now.

Anyone using two connections?
Phuk yoo

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #94 on: March 2, 2023, 11:57:42 am »
I have 15 companies offering me 1gig connection and my current provider isn't one of them! Tied into a contract with them for another 12 months and constantly use the same excuse, fttp not in your area, private road.

15 companies can do it (including Vodaphone) and Plusnet can't!

Losing a 20 year customer, well done plusnet!

ok rant over :D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2023, 01:24:34 am »
BT going, Cuckoo incoming - 4th October

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #96 on: October 8, 2023, 11:06:45 pm »
BT going, Cuckoo incoming - 4th October
This has been a disaster so far, not had any broadband since midnight on 4th.

The PON light on the ONT is flashing, have an Openreach engineer hopefully tomorrow morning to sort it

Luckily I have a neighbour who uses BT so have had to take out a 5 day sub to BT WIFI for £20 so I can work and watch TV over the weekend.

The Cuckoo support seem a bit er cuckoo to be honest

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #97 on: October 9, 2023, 12:40:22 pm »
It got sorted this morning, when I got switched over, for some reason the wrong serial number was recorded for the ONT box (an old one that we used to have was used).

The engineer updated the serial number with the Openreach technical support team and it instantly came online.

I have mesh network but not set that up yet and using the supplied router and I have to say, the connection is strong even to the third floor of the property's getting double the speed I was getting with BT even though it's the same package!

Might not bother setting the Mesh up