Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155709 times)

Offline JMM

• bantend
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #23080 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:18 pm »
Exactly my point.

You said he was higher profile than Price aswell, which is absolute bollocks.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23081 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
An easy night and a nice pay day for Price. It may not help him in terms of experience, but it will raise his profile massively. Like it it not Audley is still a big name with the media and casual fans. Plenty of people don't know who Price is but will hear his name now.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #23082 on: July 23, 2012, 03:21:59 pm »
Trouble is, every heavyweight who's half decent is waiting for the Klitschko's to fuck off, nobody's going to stall their progress by getting beaten by another contender.  Vitali's going to be retired in a few months, so people have got their eye on that vacant belt.

It's a big problem for Price, he's good enough for people to be wary of him, but he's not got the box-office draw to tempt anyone into taking the risk.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #23083 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:12 pm »

??? Maybe in Liverpool
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23084 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »

I reckon more casual fans know fury than Price. And a fight with Harrison changes that

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23085 on: July 23, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »
I reckon more casual fans know fury than Price. And a fight with Harrison changes that
agreed, lots of guys at work know who Tyson Fury is, none of them have heard of Price.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline JMM

• bantend
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23086 on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:35 pm »
I can't believe that, an olympic medallist and for me a future heavyweight world champion is less well known than Tyson Fury.  :-\

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23087 on: July 23, 2012, 03:58:23 pm »
Fury has fought regularly, and he's been on terrestrial TV though.  Plus he's not bad at getting his name out there, Price is a little less likely to blow his own trumpet, and his career's been a bit stop start.

I'm glad he's going to be on TV, but I'd rather it wasn't the backwater that is Boxnation.  Still not sure why Sky dropped him, to be honest.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23088 on: July 23, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »

He has an intercontinental belt and is calling out the Klitschkos. Price has British and Commonwealth belts and is calling out Audley Harrison.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23089 on: July 23, 2012, 04:04:24 pm »
Although, in fairness, that Intercontinental belt is shite, and Fat Mick won't let him anywhere near a Klitschko yet.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23090 on: July 23, 2012, 04:13:42 pm »
agreed, lots of guys at work know who Tyson Fury is, none of them have heard of Price.

Maybe he needs to punch himself in the face. No-one knew who Fury was until he did that.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23091 on: July 23, 2012, 04:40:05 pm »
I can't believe that, an olympic medallist and for me a future heavyweight world champion is less well known than Tyson Fury.  :-\

I know a few people who have no interest in Boxing, but have heard of Tyson Fury, and they are only aware of his existence beecause of his name.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #23092 on: July 23, 2012, 09:12:55 pm »
Some shit spouted in here fucking hell

I am not really interested in it mainly because I've never liked watching Fraudley fight but it's a live fight because it's a Heavyweight fight and Harrison does have a dig on him see Sprott as an example, whilst Harrison is in the ring he still dangerous and regardless of what people think, people still watch him

Add to the fact he isn't on Hayes radar, Chisora has just fought, Fury won't fight him and he has already cleaned our McDermott and Sexton, there isn't much left 

And for people saying he needs to move on or fight the Klitschko's it'll still only be his 14th fight, fucking hell

Says more about the British Heavyweight division than it does about Price or Maloney, I know he would rather fight Fury but what is he meant to do, he wants to win the Lonsdale belt outright so he has to take British fights

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23093 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:42 pm »
Who else domestically is worth a piss? Fury or Hennessey already ducked him (though it was stupid and short sighted of Maloney not to have the fight on terrestrial). Who else is there? Sprott, Skelton. At least Audley has a name

I wouldn't even be certain that price wins. Has anyone thrown a punch at him in the pros. He was dropped several times as an amateur so we dont know what his whiskers are like

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23094 on: July 23, 2012, 10:12:30 pm »
Who else domestically is worth a piss? Fury or Hennessey already ducked him (though it was stupid and short sighted of Maloney not to have the fight on terrestrial). Who else is there? Sprott, Skelton. At least Audley has a name

I wouldn't even be certain that price wins. Has anyone thrown a punch at him in the pros. He was dropped several times as an amateur so we dont know what his whiskers are like

Bingo

Hightower maybe *rollseyes*

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23095 on: July 23, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »
Hightower v Price. My goodness. Don't even bother hiring judges. Price would 9.9/10 smash him to bits but Towers has height and power as well so you never know. It would be a fun fight but would do fcuk all for Prices profile. Smashing everyone's favorite pantomime villain would do wonders for his career

Maloney should have taken the 100k for Price to fight on terrestial. Sorry but at his level Ch5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sky, 6 days a week and twice on Sundays

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23096 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:12 am »
Took Boxing up again last August for the 1st time since a kid and got asked to do a show 7 weeks ago and needed some focus & direction in my life at that time and it gave me it as trained hard & lost nearly 2st as got down to 10st 10lb & had my 1st ( and only ) fight  at The Devonshire House Hotel Sunday , got a TKO in 1min 40secs of the 1st round and the rush was amazing and at 38 next month ticked it off my to do list before 50 haha , we had 7 wins out the 10 fights on the night so all in all a good night , and to anyone who has ever fancied doing it or thought about it , i say do it as its better to have tried than not tried imho . Sorry if wrong place mods
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23097 on: July 24, 2012, 10:08:41 am »
Bellew v Edison Miranda in September.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23098 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:16 am »
Bellew v Edison Miranda in September.

Now that's a proper fight!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23099 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:52 am »
Bellew will smash him. Easily. Miranda north of 160lbs has been trash. He had only one thing going for him and that was power. This hasnt translated to the higher weights so I dont see how he troubles Bellew

Offline JMM

• bantend
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23100 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:20 am »
Darren Barker is fighting on the undercard aswell... Shame it isn't in Liverpool though.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23101 on: July 24, 2012, 12:21:58 pm »
Some shit spouted in here fucking hell

I am not really interested in it mainly because I've never liked watching Fraudley fight but it's a live fight because it's a Heavyweight fight and Harrison does have a dig on him see Sprott as an example, whilst Harrison is in the ring he still dangerous and regardless of what people think, people still watch him

Add to the fact he isn't on Hayes radar, Chisora has just fought, Fury won't fight him and he has already cleaned our McDermott and Sexton, there isn't much left 

And for people saying he needs to move on or fight the Klitschko's it'll still only be his 14th fight, fucking hell

Says more about the British Heavyweight division than it does about Price or Maloney, I know he would rather fight Fury but what is he meant to do, he wants to win the Lonsdale belt outright so he has to take British fights

No-one's said he should be fighting the Klitschkos.

We've got a lad here who is a fantastic prospect, a lot of people think he could eventually get a world title. Can you blame them for being excited by that thought? I'm sure it's something he thinks about himself. But at 29, he hasn't got long. It was his choice not to turn pro earlier, wasn't it? At this stage every fight needs to be a step towards that goal of a world title. Being the last of a long line of people to beat Harrison, even if he were to humiliate him completely, is it really that step?

I can see that this might be the highest profile fight his people can get, but that doesn't make it ideal for his career. It might marginally raise his profile in the UK, but he needs to get his name heard in the States, and they don't give a toss about Harrison, he's no-one.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #23102 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »
Why?

Why not? Fraudley is obviously seen as low risk by that lot and thats why they've took it. Hes low risk but still a name of sorts.

Id rather Price stepped it up, didnt know he was 29 either. Still laugh when people think Fury is scared of him though, some people really need to step back and think about how things work. Its not all about I think im better than you lets fight, never has been. Its about what makes business sense. But nevermind. Itll be a good fight if it happens somewhere down the line, hopefully with a big prize on offer.

I dont know where Price goes next, but im sure he could find someone other than Harrison, Chisora? What wrong with him? Hes a live fighter, hes a good test of him. Hes not world class by any means but hes a tough domestic heavyweight. he'd take the fight, even though the number of losses hes on, id watch that itd be interesting to see how Price does when hes got someone coming at him a lot. Good fight imo.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23103 on: July 24, 2012, 10:04:01 pm »
No-one's said he should be fighting the Klitschkos.

We've got a lad here who is a fantastic prospect, a lot of people think he could eventually get a world title. Can you blame them for being excited by that thought? I'm sure it's something he thinks about himself. But at 29, he hasn't got long. It was his choice not to turn pro earlier, wasn't it? At this stage every fight needs to be a step towards that goal of a world title. Being the last of a long line of people to beat Harrison, even if he were to humiliate him completely, is it really that step?

I can see that this might be the highest profile fight his people can get, but that doesn't make it ideal for his career. It might marginally raise his profile in the UK, but he needs to get his name heard in the States, and they don't give a toss about Harrison, he's no-one.

It's a learning fight in his 14th fight so he can win the British title outright BEFORE stepping up

Not hard to decipher really!!!!

He doesn't need to be thinking about the States or the Klitschko's or anything else yet

And 29 is still plenty young enough it's not like he has had a hard boxing career till now

As for the Fury discussion that fault lays squarely on the promoters and TV, I don't believe for one minute they're scared of one another

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23104 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »
The Lonsdale belt is far and away the best belt in boxing. It is pure which is a funny word in boxing but it doesn't respect your profile, promotional power etc. Any John Doe that works hard enough and strings good wins together domestically  can fight for it and work hard to keep one outright

A little part of me dies inside when it gets bypassed for WBA intergalatic supercalifragilistic titles

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23105 on: July 24, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »
Price hasnt fought anyone near his size, hasn't fought a puncher, nor a southpaw.Audley is all 3(domestically has to be considered a puncher)

This is a good test and a step up. One that Pice could well lose

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #23106 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:14 pm »
Very OT but where is Paul Smith. I havent seen him mentioned in maybe 18months.

Irish Exile Red

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23107 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »
Paul Smith is still active. Currently doing a stint with boxnation, very good commentator. I belive he and 7777 are close or related so he would be better served to give you the lowdown

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23108 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:19 pm »
Very OT but where is Paul Smith. I havent seen him mentioned in maybe 18months.

Fighting in September/October.

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #23109 on: July 24, 2012, 11:12:29 pm »
Fighting in September/October.

It will be good to see him back fighting in Liverpool i'm presuming. He was always entertaining.

Hope to see nathan cleverly back in the ring soon too. Watching all this Haye/Audley/Chisora bullshit really puts me off the London heavyweights. All knobheads. Thank god for tyson and price. I enjoy tyson. I like what he has to say when he talks. None of this talking in riddles some boxers tend to talk in.
Irish Exile Red

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23110 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:52 pm »
I like Tyson Fury. He always brings the heat and he doesn't waste time. Plus he is a very mean body puncher which is amazing for somebody his size. He wants to get you the fcuk out of there and then go home. Excellent for betting purposes, although him switching to southpaw and showing patience meant that he didn't take Rogan out quickly enough for one of my bet. The c*nt.(Only joking Mirra)

Once the Klits retire he will win a major title. Both him and price are better than those wannabes over the pond. Arreola, Seth Mitchell, etc are tosh and Fury would do all of them. I think price is the real deal but I need to see him in a gut check before I proclaim him the saviour of the HW division

As for Paul Smith. He needs to stick to MW.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23111 on: July 28, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
Agree with that Clayton, I think for me Tyson and Price do the likes of Arreola and co, though I do rate Tor Hammer (spelling) after keeping an eye on him for a while now due to Bobby D marking my card a couple of years ago about him. I dont know how long itll be before they are ready to take a Klitschko on, id like to see them both step it up though and make some waves against big names. Especially Price, not having a pop at him by any means but hes 29, I didnt know he was that old! Well a year younger than me actually so it isnt that old :D, im just saying id like to see him fighting a higher level of opponent than Harrison. He might as well just pound the bag for a few rounds, he'd learn more. Id like to see him knock out Chisora, that'd be a good jump in competition, Del is a handful when hes in shape and his loss to Haye and Fury aside, he was robbed against Helienus and gave Vitali a good go. Im just pleased we have two heavyweights with the potential these two have. Of course id like Ty to leave Price Halifaxed on the canvas but as a fan im excited at the prospect of both of these fellas.

Just heard Tony Bellew is going to fight Edison Miranda in Sept, should be an exciting fight that one as both can bang and Bellew can make a real statement if he can beat Miranda. Its a jump up for him but I think hes good enough to handle it. Comes across as a good lad Bellew, im a fan.

Offline brownee61

• Main Stander
  • 'Drinks for the men, we ride at dawn'
« Reply #23112 on: August 1, 2012, 08:11:00 am »
Anyone know when Tom Stalker is due to fight in the Olympics, is light welter today?  Been trying to keep an eye on this, but seem to have lost track?

Cheers

Offline Huzey

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #23113 on: August 1, 2012, 10:41:57 am »
Half 9 on Saturday night is Stalker's next fight

Offline brownee61

• Main Stander
  • 'Drinks for the men, we ride at dawn'
« Reply #23114 on: August 1, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »
Cheers!

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23115 on: August 2, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »
Frank has so many pissed off young fighters, really needs to sort himself out, he's shambolic at the moment.

Callum Johnson ‏@CallumTheOne
Wish I had never signed with who I did , promise ya this and that and you get mugged off lol #fuckboxing

Joe Selkirk
Another fight called off!! Really wish I never turned pro. This is it for me I'm finished with it!

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23116 on: August 2, 2012, 01:42:06 pm »
Warren could do with a few new stars as well, because he's got pretty much fuck all at the moment.  If any of the British lads win Gold this month, normally he'd be after them.  I think he'd struggle to get any of them at the moment though.

I won't shed any tears for him if he goes tits up.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23117 on: August 3, 2012, 07:38:18 pm »
What a plum, predicted this would happen

Amir Khan dropped the biggest hint yet in a television interview saying that Manny Steward was on his radar and that in just a week's time, he will likely be with someone else.

The interview would be considered as lacking respect for his current trainer Roach and people may say Khan should really be discussing the scenario privately with his team. The comments are either a thinly veiled swipe at his trainer - or a genuine plan in motion.

"I've had so many trainers approach me in the past week but Steward is the main one who's approached me," bragged Khan.

"Many trainers have said they can make me into a big, unbeatable fighter. It's all about taking my time on this, it's a big decision to make. I'm still with Freddie at the moment, but in a week's time things might change."

Amir, who was knocked out by Danny Garcia last month still regards himself as an unbeatable force:-

"I think I'm one of the best offensive fighters in the world." he said.

"I just need to work on my defence. I really think to be one of the leading fighters, you need to have both. There are going to be a lot of things I'm going to change, but you will see a new Amir Khan.

"I wanted the rematch with Danny Garcia, but he didn't want to fight me, he's now fighting Erik Morales," he said.

"Hopefully I can fight the winner of that - I want to stay busy, get a fight in December, then a rematch against Garcia."

Live Fight

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23118 on: August 4, 2012, 10:18:09 am »
Khan really is a tool, I cringe everytime he opens his mouth! Im one of the best offensive fighters in the world, no Amir, your not. Throwing fast wild punches doesnt make you a good offensive fighter, sorry kid. The best offensive fighters are accurate, calm and place the punches where they do the most damage. Proper disrespectful to Freddie how he is behaving like, should be kept private. Not that im arsed anymore about Khan, I hope Garcia knocks him out again, but id like to see Kel get a shot at him and level him before that happens!

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #23119 on: August 4, 2012, 12:01:10 pm »
Where is the best place to see upcoming fixtures?